Warrior Swords post Patch

in Warrior

Posted by: Kiroshima.8497

Kiroshima.8497

Hamstring receiving a bleed was a good idea Anet, it was always strange that IF you were a hybrid or condi warrior, your could only bleed 2 out of 3 hits (especially since generally the final auto is supposed to be the strongest for any damage type).

You even buffed Deep Strike to be an alternative to Blademaster (more power damage against people you condi) where it synergizes with other teammates (fury from revenants being the easiest condi boost).

But there is one problem still: Off Hand sword.
Impale is a telegraphed (throwing animation), slow projectile, which pulses an almost neglible amount of torment. Even Necro scepter 3 is better for that. Rip is also pretty kitten hard to hit with a payout that is less than final thrust.

Let’s not even get started on Riposte, which is just really good for being an extra reflect (against ranged attacks, it’s actually a 2 second block, that’s like having toolkit block) when traited with shield master. It has tiny range, does no power damage (odd for a hybrid weapon), and stacks a paltry number of bleeds (the reaper chill trait does 3, this does 4 but must be in 130 range and counter an attack).

Potential Fixes For Impale:
a) Merge impale’s effects into final thrust, it causes a minor amount of torment unless they are under 50% in which is pulses extra torment like it does now, add in a new sword 4. [Unlikely]

b) Impale is now a melee attack instead of a projectile (single target). [Easiest fix but bland]

c) Rip CONVERTS any of your OWN bleeds into torment. No scaling off your friends. Landing rip is now threatening to those who try to flee and recover. Side benefit is that it actually synergizes with the Core Warrior sword burst (OMG), immobolize them, then as they try to heal, rip them and all of those bleeds convert to torment. neat!

d) Rip detonates bleed (or torment) stacks on the target, dealing additional power damage. [good for hybrid design, run your condis down to their last tick then rip, works well with option a]

Potential Fixes for Riposte:
a) I see you added evasion to the mesmer counter attacks on scepter 2 and sword 4. Why not extend that benefit to warrior? Did you know that mesmer counters are ranged, and have a bonus effect if you choose to use them before countering? That’s way more utility in a counter attack weapon skill.
b) Make it work like the daredevil’s bandit’s defense. Gain the flip skill for X seconds for you to use. Gives you complete control over the counter.
c) It has 130 range, why not make the counter attack a dash. Sword is more about finesse and such, mobility options are a good way to represent that. If a dash is too risky (too many warrior’s sprint procs I can understand), super speed (“fancy footwork” warrior) is a good alternative.

BONUS MENTION:
Why is arc divider still a 450 range, omni directional attack still? Decapitate has a narrow cone, and is only a 300 range leap making it MUCH harder to land (damage is good though).

tldr: rework off hand sword, reduce range on arc divider =P

Dynamics Thesis Defense Unit [UNIV] is looking for new thesis defenders.
Friendly environment, no question is too basic. Enroll Now!
~Fort Aspenwood~

in Warrior

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

I do enjoy your ideas for riposte, but I just don’t think they are necessary. The skill is already well designed, the problem with it is that it’s simply too weak.
It makes great sense for a hybrid weapon as is: impale and leave it if you’re condi, rip if you’re power.
I feel they need to up the projectile velocity, increase the torment, and in some way increase rip’s damage.
As far as rip goes, they could either directly buff the damage, or increase it through some mechanic such as: deals more damage for each stack of torment on the target.

For riposte, I’m personally a fan of the “gain SKILL for X seconds after blocking”. Could even combine it with C, where the skill is a small dash attack. Or a “dodge” skill instead of a dash.

(edited by Arewn.2368)