Warrior > Thief?

Warrior > Thief?

in Warrior

Posted by: XZERO.3014

XZERO.3014

Hey guys i am new too the game, so i am technically a “noob”. I’ve played all the classes too level 10, and this weekend i am deciding my main class. Right now the decision lies between the Bloodthirsty Berserking Warrior and the Evasive Backstabbing Thief.

I find both classes too be within my playstyle, which is being able to deal decent damage(not extremely high) damage with long range weapons, and if i have too i can switch too melee and fight off whatever threat i’m up against.

Is their any reason too pick a Warrior over a Thief? I like the high HP, Dmg, and High armor of the warrior, but i also like the Thiefs ability too hardly get hit if played right(i can’t yet but i’ve seen thieves who can, and dam it was frustrating)

Sorry if this wasted your time, and if you replied thank you for helping me out with your knowledge

(edited by XZERO.3014)

Warrior > Thief?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

Every class in the game can do decent damage. It’s just a matter of spec and playstyle. ANet really did a fantastic job of making every class able to hold their own.

As far as your question goes, you’re a little vague on your wants… but it sounds to me like you’re leaning towards Thief. Please keep in mind that Warrior and Thief are very different playstyles.

You have to ask yourself whether you’d prefer to take on problems head on or if you like being able to escape from your problems with ease. Do you like supporting, buffing, healing and keeping your allies mobile? Or would you like to be able to hide your allies from your enemy? Do you think teleporting is REALLY cool? Or are you a REAL MAN who believes the only time an enemy should no longer see you is when they are dead?

Or you could always play both for a bit and then pick which one you like more.

Warrior > Thief?

in Warrior

Posted by: XZERO.3014

XZERO.3014

Good Morning Ragnar Dragonfyre and everyone reading this so far,

Your post pretty much sums it up, however i am not looking for “who can kill the fastest”, i’m just wondering who is better at harassing people at range, then when you need too, switch too your melee and take em out. I’ll mention my likes and dislikes.

Thief Likes:
- Can stealth multiple times for short durations confusing the enemy and sustaining little too no damage
-Can burst enemies down or keep constant ranged dps with initiative

Warrior Likes:
- Can take quite a bit of damage thanks too a high health pool
- Has low cooldowns, high snare durations, and multiple distance closers as well as rolls.
- Can harass with a longbow/rifle quite well.
- Supports allies with battle standards (which is great in WvW)

Thief Dislikes:
- When initiative runs out your helpless and blow cooldowns too survive
- Low hp (16k) and medium armor leaving them vulnerable and easy too slay when their out of stealth.
- Completely mainstream(i dont like being the guy playing the “OP” class)

Warrior Dislikes:
- Ramp up time too gain adrenaline and deal heavy burst.
- I really cant think of any more lol

I guess that says it all, i’ll roll a warrior as my main and maybe thief later on, i like necromancer but their “broken” and not wanted in dungeon groups so i’m waiting for arena too fix that.

Warrior > Thief?

in Warrior

Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

If those are your only dislikes regarding Warrior, I’m happy to report that there are several Trait options that make gaining Adrenaline very easy.

Go Warrior! You won’t regret it. I highly suggest the Longbow for ranged over Rifle. It’s AOE options are a lot of fun, you can spec for longer range and it’s immobilize is very nice.

Warrior > Thief?

in Warrior

Posted by: moonslightv.6704

moonslightv.6704

Although longbow is much better in terms of AOE if your talking a single target to kill from range rifle all the way. Kill shot does ridiculous damage at full adrenalin level.

Warrior > Thief?

in Warrior

Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

Although longbow is much better in terms of AOE if your talking a single target to kill from range rifle all the way. Kill shot does ridiculous damage at full adrenalin level.

It does, but unless you’ve CC’d your opponent somehow, it’s extremely easy to dodge.

I just find the Rifle too straight-forward compared to the Longbow. The Longbow’s AoE skills take some actual effort to land. You can also do a significant amount of damage using the Longbow’s burst skill to setup self combo’s.

Warrior > Thief?

in Warrior

Posted by: guttermessiah.6350

guttermessiah.6350

If you’re going to sPVP just be a thief. They’re completely OP and can’t be killed in the right hands. If you’re a warrior you’ll die constantly and always.

Warrior > Thief?

in Warrior

Posted by: Bbaghi.8934

Bbaghi.8934

If you’re going to sPVP just be a thief. They’re completely OP and can’t be killed in the right hands. If you’re a warrior you’ll die constantly and always.

This. For soloplay in sPVP or WvWvW thief is better. Warrior has no to little fleeing/escaping options. Only some movement with GS. Thief in other hand has alot of teleport/stealth options. If you get zerged you die pretty fast as warrior. But a Thief can escape from those situations. If you play in group you can be good with both.

Warrior got the looks but Thief is more fun.

Warrior > Thief?

in Warrior

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Thought fair warning, Thief is just the FOTM it seems, there might be a chance it gets nerfed. So try them out and see which one you like more and you can see yourself playing through the good and the bad.

Warrior > Thief?

in Warrior

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Warrior > All.

Seriously, the degree to which the classes are imbalanced is almost unbelievable considering how many beta weekends they’ve had.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Warrior > Thief?

in Warrior

Posted by: RJMazz.6798

RJMazz.6798

^ l2p

It’s a matter of roles. Thieves are hit n’ run style, take a vital target, get back into shadows then go in to kill again or shoot them down from a distance..

The warrior is SUPPOSED to be in the thick of the battle killing stuff and taking punishment along with the guardian to support him in the duty.

If you wanna take hits on your chest with your thief, it’s not the class for you.

EDIT.: I’ve played both classes, to support my argument.

(edited by RJMazz.6798)

Warrior > Thief?

in Warrior

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

What is underpowered today, will be overpowered tomorrow. Don’t let your concerns about the current strenght of a class -condition- your choice. Go Necro!

See what I did?

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Warrior > Thief?

in Warrior

Posted by: Monkeyboy.2869

Monkeyboy.2869

Thief is balanced, warriors 1 shot insta death is not. Thief cannot 1 v 1 a warrior that uses haste, stun then 1000 blades. Because you will always be dead or will die an another 2 hits from the 1 skill. Also its so fast that you cant even stunbreak your way out in time.

+1 to Svarty… its obviously because Jon Peters plays warrior that its op

Warrior > Thief?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

Thief Dislikes:
- Completely mainstream(i dont like being the guy playing the “OP” class)

This made me chuckle, not that I disagree when it comes to thief, but that your alternative to the “mainstream OP class” is warrior…

Warrior > Thief?

in Warrior

Posted by: Kizee.2184

Kizee.2184

If I had to do it all over again I would go warrior. (especially if you are just PvEing) Warriors do the same damage, have heavy armor and don’t have crazy positioning and to be stealthed to do a high hit attack.

It frustrates the hell out of me when I am getting slapped around (as a thief) trying to break into an area and watch a lower level warrior just plow in and mince 5 mobs at a time without losing that much health.

They should have called this game Guild War"rior"’s 2. Just look at the graph they put in the latest guild wars 2 economy thread. Warriors leading character creation by quite a margin.

Warrior > Thief?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ruhenation.8170

Ruhenation.8170

Thief is balanced, warriors 1 shot insta death is not. Thief cannot 1 v 1 a warrior that uses haste, stun then 1000 blades. Because you will always be dead or will die an another 2 hits from the 1 skill. Also its so fast that you cant even stunbreak your way out in time.

+1 to Svarty… its obviously because Jon Peters plays warrior that its op

I find Triple Axe warriors to be a lot more deadly. Whirling Axes doesn’t hit QUITE as hard, but it can be used on the move. And the use of an Axe+Shield in the offhand still gives you good burst with Eviscerate and a CC + block.

Honestly, I don’t know what all the QQ is about. Sure 100b hits hard, but it’s easy to avoid. You can see the burst coming from a mile away. It’s either Bull’s Rush or Bolas.

Warrior > Thief?

in Warrior

Posted by: Monkeyboy.2869

Monkeyboy.2869

I find Triple Axe warriors to be a lot more deadly. Whirling Axes doesn’t hit QUITE as hard, but it can be used on the move. And the use of an Axe+Shield in the offhand still gives you good burst with Eviscerate and a CC + block.

Honestly, I don’t know what all the QQ is about. Sure 100b hits hard, but it’s easy to avoid. You can see the burst coming from a mile away. It’s either Bull’s Rush or Bolas.

Problem is you cant see it coming a mile away when they press haste and there is slight lag with ping and input lag. And you cant get away even with stun breaker again because of input lag and the slight time it takes to move.

The problem sooo much damage in such a short space of time, this game was supposed to be all about reacting and using skills at the right time. When there is this much burst it completely negates the whole idea of reactionary playstyle.

thus everyone and their mum builds for high burst damage

Warrior > Thief?

in Warrior

Posted by: Mister Kitty.6718

Mister Kitty.6718

Thief has better evasion while the warrior has better sustained damage. Thief runs out of initiative, the warrior never gets tired.

Mister Kitty – Full Exotic 80 Warrior, Axe/Warhorn – Charrzooka
Completer of the World, Wielder of the Charrzooka Rifle, Master of Weapon and Armorsmithing
… also makes a mean truffle stew.