Warrior Ultimate - Head butt please rework

in Warrior

Posted by: Selfrighteous.2931

Selfrighteous.2931

Good day,

already saw that there are people asking for swapping head butt from elite to utility etc… This simple post is about plead, if it couldn’t be reworked (animation + name) or swapped with bull’s charge. I cannot simply bring myself to play warrior anymore knowing that my character is bashing it’s head on mob or player, and ofcourse it’s a base skill to all current meta -_-

I cannot be the only one, also no hate spread love…

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

in Warrior

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

I would swap headbutt with rampage, it would be more suitable for both of them and you would have a good fast elite on base warrior, i would remove the stun thou.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Warrior

Selfrighteous.2931

Well those are two different skills, and it would change the whole system how warrior builds up adrenaline, as it was discussed in other post… but seriously bull’s charge (hitting with shoulder) and head butt are pretty the same, it could work and it would be more acceptable than bashing head over something… it’s all about animation and name… war now looks so brainless…

in Warrior

Posted by: Torqiseknite.1380

Torqiseknite.1380

What, so base warriors wouldn’t be able to use Bull’s Charge without taking berserker? No thanks, Bull’s Charge is a useful skill on base warrior with all the recent buffs to it, whereas Headbutt isn’t nearly as good without access to Outrage. If you don’t like the flavor of the skill, just don’t use it.

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

What, so base warriors wouldn’t be able to use Bull’s Charge without taking berserker? No thanks, Bull’s Charge is a useful skill on base warrior with all the recent buffs to it, whereas Headbutt isn’t nearly as good without access to Outrage. If you don’t like the flavor of the skill, just don’t use it.

I agree with you except for the part about headbut not being useful without outrage berserk mode can break stun, so you can headbut, berserk mode, and never miss a beat.

in Warrior

Posted by: Torqiseknite.1380

Torqiseknite.1380

I agree with you except for the part about headbut not being useful without outrage berserk mode can break stun, so you can headbut, berserk mode, and never miss a beat.

Oh yeah, forgot to include that since I don’t usually slot Savage Instinct myself. It’s definitely a very solid combo.

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Headbutt you must not touch, HoT you must buy… master Yoda

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Selfrighteous.2931

I guess you don’t understand what I’m saying… I´m literally asking for changing their name and animation (not their effect) or completly different skill like better animated kick than headbutt (with same effect ofc.)… also In which scenario after HoT you still use basic war… and what build is actually using bull’s charge, just saying.

(edited by Selfrighteous.2931)

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Headbutts are kitten. Perfect for warrior

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Warrior

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Look, it’s a berserker skill and it fits perfectly with the theme of a frenzied brawler who uses anything he can to beat the everliving kitten out of the enemy. If you don’t like it, you don’t have to use it. You don’t have to take the Berserker line at all, if you see your char as a battlefield tactician who never loses his cool.

Your request is simply unreasonable. It’s like saying, “my necromancer is not evil, so can you rework all the grimdark skills to be light and fluffy”.

in Warrior

Selfrighteous.2931

Yes it is a berserker skill and sort of fits the berserker, point is I hate berserkers. It’s a different class in fantasy genre, yet in GW2 they mixed them together, as If they couldn’t think of anything better, and torch let’s not even go there… The whole problem lies in that no other than HoT builds work and in the end you are forced to play HoT specialization wheter you like it or not, thats why I’ve stopped playing warrior when HoT hit the game(which is shame since it’s my favvorite character and I’ve played it from the launch), but if this essential skill such as headbutt look different it would be more managable. Or it would be much more interesting if they added new specialization, something more knightly… but whom I’m I kidding >< right.

(edited by Selfrighteous.2931)

in Warrior

Posted by: Onlysaneman.9612

Onlysaneman.9612

Yes it is a berserker skill and sort of fits the berserker, point is I hate berserkers.

I should preface what I’m about to say by mentioning that I understand being frustrated by the theme of a class or specialization (or their only viable options). I’m a roleplayer with a ranger I really don’t like to use in any pvp because he’s a dodgey pirate-sort with a reef drake and shoulder parrot eagle, and the meta druid builds simply just don’t work at all for the character. Is it frustrating? Sometimes, though my warrior is my go-to for pvp anyway. Do I wish they’d fix up the lesser used pets a bit? Of course! But it’s not something I’m holding my breath on.

But at the same time, this is the sort of thing you’re just going to have to deal with. Headbutt fits the berserker, and Bull’s Charge has been the same skill for the whole of the game’s lifespan minus the odd cooldown tweak or the like. It’s incredibly unlikely they’ll change them just because you have a personal dislike of the skills’ aesthetics.

If you don’t like berserker, don’t run it. It’s that simple. I don’t know the current status on raids (I imagine berserker is meta for boosted damage output or somesuch but don’t know how essential it is), but in pvp or wvw you should find base warrior builds to be perfectly functional. We’re actually one of the more fortunate classes in that regard as far as I’m aware. Either accept some build/character-concept dissonance or just work with the base class until the next expac. Odds are alright that you’ll get something a bit more knightly then.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

These are not the nerfs you are looking for.

Head Butt will be nerfed (cooldown increased, minimum 40s cooldown, yes double) when the next expansion after HoT comes (if not sooner). Mark my words #remindme!

in Warrior

Selfrighteous.2931

These are not the nerfs you are looking for.

Head Butt will be nerfed (cooldown increased, minimum 40s cooldown, yes double) when the next expansion after HoT comes (if not sooner). Mark my words #remindme!

will see about that … prophet

in Warrior

Posted by: Voidstar.3620

Voidstar.3620

Wear a helmet. Headbutt is the most fun elite skill warriors have.

in Warrior

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Wear a helmet. Headbutt is the most fun elite skill warriors have.

I’m wearing Furrocious Cat Ears. Have I been playing my warrior wrong all this time? On a more serious note I agree, it’s a really fun skill in both PvE and PvP (I don’t touch WvW but I guess Banner is still king there).