Warrior VS Necro

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Nuorus.8415

Nuorus.8415

Hello!

I like to duel a lot and mainly in WvW EB JP.

I would like to ask how to defeat Terror Necro? Is the Hammer builds onlyones able to do this? I have hard time with the chill necro casts so easily.

My leaps and dashes wont reach far from the starting point thanks to the chill so I can not reach the necro too often. So far my best success has been with dual sword condi warrior but I would like to find a power build. Should I go shout warrior (almost all my builds are shout builds)? Would like to find a build which isn’t a shout warrior.

Feel free to argue with me. You learn something every time and it develops your personality.

People seems using word “trolling” out of context way too often…

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Cleansing Ire + Signet of Stamina + Berserker Stance + Unsuspecting Foe

Warriors hardcounter condi necros. Get a GS + Mace/Shield for WvWvW roaming. Assuming you do that, open with BS + Rush, Bladetrail, and then swap to the mace and build adrenaline. Shield Bash or Pommel Bash to make him waste dodges and stun breakers (I imagine max he’d only have one). Then Skullcrack, use balanced stance, and swap to GS and 100B. He’s probably dead and you’re at full health.

I made this build in a PvP calculator, but this is what you should use, you have about 20 free trait points:

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-sg-Bx;0NKVP0d4gL-60;9;59T-T;13;0182;129AL-F2L;1TsW6TsW65Bf

(This build wont work for sPvP, it’s too tanky)

The baseline is 0/10/20/0/20. I put the last 20 in defense and discipline. You also want -36% or -40% condition duration food.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

If you’re dueling, use a mace instead of a hammer. Hammer’s for multiple targets, and mace skull crack dominates a single opponent. You can use skull crack to set up your other weapon (a lot of warriors love to skull crack into 100b).

Also, shouts? Why shouts? Run a stability utility of your choice (balanced or dolyak), zerk stance to nullify conditions, and then whatever you feel you need for the last utility (stomp, bolas, fear, adrenaline signet, cure conditions signet).

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Nuorus.8415

If you’re dueling, use a mace instead of a hammer. Hammer’s for multiple targets, and mace skull crack dominates a single opponent. You can use skull crack to set up your other weapon (a lot of warriors love to skull crack into 100b).

Also, shouts? Why shouts? Run a stability utility of your choice (balanced or dolyak), zerk stance to nullify conditions, and then whatever you feel you need for the last utility (stomp, bolas, fear, adrenaline signet, cure conditions signet).

Shouts with soldier runes and certain traits: 2x Shake it off(4 condis removed), Fear Me, For Great Justice, 6 condis removed and also heals 1000-2000 per shout. The shouts doesn’t only affect myself but also teamates near me. That’s why shouts.

I tried berserker stance but the necro just waited it to wear off, I had balance stance, wore off before I got the Necro killed, and third was bull rush (opponent had lyssa runes like me and blocked my knock downs and if I succeed to knock him down he just did something else (mainly fears me). When I get him low he chills me and heals. Sometimes I’m supriced how fast their healing cooldowns goes down.

My weapons were first sword shield longbow, but then I changed to axe shield longbow. Works so good on every other class than Necro. I wonder if the GS is really so good in PvP?

On my Condition build he mainly transfered my condition back to me Condition transfer ruins my condition build. Or rather counters.

I could make dueling videos with that Necro, he is a guildie and we dueled this time in sPvP.

Also he had quite often Protection boon ruining my evis with axe :/ Chill was the worst though.

Feel free to argue with me. You learn something every time and it develops your personality.

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Larynx.2453

Shouts with soldier runes and certain traits: 2x Shake it off(4 condis removed), Fear Me, For Great Justice, 6 condis removed and also heals 1000-2000 per shout. The shouts doesn’t only affect myself but also teamates near me. That’s why shouts.

I tried berserker stance but the necro just waited it to wear off, I had balance stance, wore off before I got the Necro killed, and third was bull rush (opponent had lyssa runes like me and blocked my knock downs and if I succeed to knock him down he just does something else (mainly fears me). When I get him low he chills me and heals. Sometimes I’m supriced how fast their healing cooldowns goes down.

My weapons were first sword shield longbow, but then I changed to axe shield longbow. Works so good on every other class than Necro. I wonder if the GS is really so good in PvP?

On my Condition build he mainly transfered my condition back to me Condition transfer ruins my condition build. Or rather counters.

I could make dueling videos with that Necro, he is a guildie and we dueled this time in sPvP.

Also he had quite often Protection boon ruining my evis with axe :/ Chill was the worst though.

Shake It Off is absolutely terrible. 1 condition every 25 seconds. The trait is 20 in a useless trait line, for 1 condition every 30 seconds. With soldier runes and 3 shouts, you sacrifice all offensive potential, all self-utility, and the majority of your defense for a gimmicky healing shout build that can kill nothing.

There’s a reason shout builds haven’t been a thing since BWE1.

You would end a fight with a condition necromancer at 90-100% health using the GS+M/S builds. Cleansing Ire + Signet of Stamina + Berserker Stance is much more condition removal than what you’re going to get from a shout build, and you end fights much quicker and put on much more pressure to the necro.

Cleansing Ire is 3-6 conditions every 7 seconds, Signet of Stamina is a full condition cleanse every 45 seconds (which is 15 seconds less than Signet of Spite), and Berserker Stance is invulnerability from conditions for 8/10 seconds every 45 seconds. What do you mean the necro just waited for Berserker Stance to wear off? Did you twiddle your thumbs for the duration? He literally can do nothing to stop you. Again, warriors hard counter necromancers.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Nuorus.8415

I tried berserker stance but the necro just waited it to wear off, I had balance stance, wore off before I got the Necro killed, and third was bull rush (opponent had lyssa runes like me and blocked my knock downs and if I succeed to knock him down he just does something else (mainly fears me). When I get him low he chills me and heals. Sometimes I’m supriced how fast their healing cooldowns goes down.

Shake It Off is absolutely terrible. 1 condition every 25 seconds. The trait is 20 in a useless trait line, for 1 condition every 30 seconds. With soldier runes and 3 shouts, you sacrifice all offensive potential, all self-utility, and the majority of your defense for a gimmicky healing shout build that can kill nothing.

You would end a fight with a condition necromancer at 90-100% health using the GS+M/S builds. Cleansing Ire + Signet of Stamina + Berserker Stance is much more condition removal than what you’re going to get from a shout build, and you end fights much quicker and put on much more pressure to the necro.

Cleansing Ire is 3-6 conditions every 7 seconds, Signet of Stamina is a full condition cleanse every 45 seconds (which is 15 seconds less than Signet of Spite), and Berserker Stance is invulnerability from conditions for 8/10 seconds every 45 seconds. What do you mean the necro just waited for Berserker Stance to wear off? Did you twiddle your thumbs for the duration? He literally can do nothing to stop you. Again, warriors hard counter necromancers.

Ehm… 2x 2condition removals + 3000ish healing with 2 Shake It Off. +1500ish healing and cc from Fear me(also a panic escape skill). For great justice, 1500ish healing, dps incrace(I also proc from power as I crit with 47% crit rate). 20-60s cd on those shouts. I would like to duel with u using this build of mine. I just want to show it. PM Leo Frost in game.

Other than that, tried gs mace shield, almost got him. It was so nice. I kept him so pressured he went fully defensive. He was too tanky for my combo and when balance stance wore off his trait feared me always when I stunned him. I bet if I would have succeeded better with combos I would have won. For now he still stays as kitten beater (that sounds bad, anet)

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Posted by: lmaonade.9207

lmaonade.9207

Ehm… 2x 2condition removals + 3000ish healing with 2 Shake It Off. +1500ish healing and cc from Fear me(also a panic escape skill). For great justice, 1500ish healing, dps incrace(I also proc from power as I crit with 47% crit rate). 20-60s cd on those shouts. I would like to duel with u using this build of mine. I just want to show it. PM Leo Frost in game.

Other than that, tried gs mace shield, almost got him. It was so nice. I kept him so pressured he went fully defensive. He was too tanky for my combo and when balance stance wore off his trait feared me always when I stunned him. I bet if I would have succeeded better with combos I would have won. For now he still stays as kitten beater (that sounds bad, anet)

I thought you made the thread for suggestions on how to win a duel with a Terror Necro, not flaunt your shouts build.

The reason you never use a shout build in a duel is that shout builds are support builds, if you have no one to support (since it’s a duel) you are essentially doing nothing. Balanced Stance/Dolyak Signet, Berserker’s Stance, and a utility of choice, dueling build get.

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Nuorus.8415

I thought you made the thread for suggestions on how to win a duel with a Terror Necro, not flaunt your shouts build.

The reason you never use a shout build in a duel is that shout builds are support builds, if you have no one to support (since it’s a duel) you are essentially doing nothing. Balanced Stance/Dolyak Signet, Berserker’s Stance, and a utility of choice, dueling build get.

Oh I’m sorry for giving counter argument for argument… Didn’t know only he could speak anything of it.

There is this thing we do also in EB JP, 2vs2, 3vs3. I also like to use the same build while runing on zergs. It’s WvW overall and can perform well everywhere. What it does in zergs is supports with shouts and uses longbow to attack enemy zerg + as someone blasts my f1 skill they get might.

Gee, Flaunt, I guess I can not speak of my build and correct the false information other people gives about it without making it flaunting. The other guy seems to think I go semi shout build instead of real shout build. Like I would take only shouts in my utility bar and wouldn’t go soldier runes and correct traits.

(edited by Nuorus.8415)

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Posted by: KickBitBeatBorg.7941

KickBitBeatBorg.7941

“War hard counters Nec”

I’ve often read this on the forum, but yet i’m still facing the same Problem as the OP.

2 examples:
Yesterday i’ve met a Nec in WvW. I run 0 10 30 0 30 with balanced, frenzy (for the lols, anyway it was equiped) and zerker stance; Ptv gear with some knight/zerk mixed in and pack runes and Hammer/LB (no buff food).
I started with Zerk Stance (to prevent the first condi spike), after he dropped the first sign and used LB to build adren and tried to close the gap, while getting some minor Conditions. After Adren was build i used LB f1 to get rid of some Condies and switched to Hammer to get serious. That was about the time zerker stance ended and i failed to stick close to him (he used cripples, chills, dodges and fear), after i somewhat managed to get enough adren for hammer f1 i was at 50% health and earthshaker missed ( i must have overseen a blind). 1-2 fears later im downed without having done much more dmg after leaving LB. (he used a bear finisher, if i recall that means r50)

This time on Khylo: I’ve used GS mace /shield zerk stance, doly sig, balanced stance zerk equipped and engaged a necro at the treb. I got chilled by the first sign and again used zerk stance to prevent more staff dmg. The first chill however was applied. After i reached the treb, we traded some minor hits, zerk stance wears off and i got the first fear, used my first stun breaker. The Stability got converted and i got feared again plus some more condies, before i activated the second stun breaker. The Condies were there and again i failed to close the fear generated gap and die without having build enough adren for a single f1.

I feel a well played necro can still generate so much distance, that it can be hard to build adren and get rid of his condies. Especially in the second case i do not really see, what i’ve done wrong, maybe using zerk stance later on? Most of the time i run up to the Nec pop zerk stance and kill him, but if he manages to prevent adren building up, i’m really clueless how to act.

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

There is this thing we do also in EB JP, 2vs2, 3vs3. I also like to use the same build while runing on zergs. It’s WvW overall and can perform well everywhere. What it does in zergs is supports with shouts and uses longbow to attack enemy zerg + as someone blasts my f1 skill they get might.

That’s not really dueling, now is it.. The answer to your original question is easy.

I would like to ask how to defeat Terror Necro? Is the Hammer builds onlyones able to do this? I have hard time with the chill necro casts so easily.

Don’t play a shout warrior. Your condition removal is only potent in a group setting, in a 1v1 you will get condi-spammed way faster then you can cleanse.

And Hammer is not the only viable. I play mace/shield+GS in WvW and rarely have trouble facing any necro.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Nuorus.8415

That’s not really dueling, now is it.. The answer to your original question is easy.

Don’t play a shout warrior. Your condition removal is only potent in a group setting, in a 1v1 you will get condi-spammed way faster then you can cleanse.

And Hammer is not the only viable. I play mace/shield+GS in WvW and rarely have trouble facing any necro.

I do alot of things and one thing is dueling, the build just seems to work in alot of things.

Yea the GS/mace/shield was rediculously easy and rewarding.

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

If WvW, Dogged March, Lemongrass, Melandru/Hoelbrak runes, Cleansing Ire (or other alternative condition clear/immunity like Berserker’s Stance), Healing Signet, Adrenaline Health and use terrain/line of sight to draw out the condition durations.

You can’t approach a well-played Terror Necro build in a dual the same as most other opponents.

Faced many a Necros that believe I am running away when I am really just getting their fast-hitting condition in cooldown for my next round in 10…3-2-1… This Necro build is extremely common right now so build for it as it punishes all melee aggression tactic builds.

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Posted by: MasterAbaddon.7839

MasterAbaddon.7839

i use the cookie cutter 0/10/30/0/30 with my warrior but i run hammer/rifle instead of the usual hammer/x+shield. The burst crits from the rifle do an immense amount of dmg along with rifle #3. what i do is i pull out my rifle from a distance & make my way towards the necro to get in melee range so i can setup up disable chains with my hammer. it wins like 8/10 times. The only time i lose is when a necro blindsides me & opens up with a ton of condis while i have 0 adrenaline, or the necro just somehow lives long enough for more to show up.

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

You beat them by learning what the necro skills are and what they can do to you in a duel. Roll one up and practice with it, figure out it’s weaknesses. I know warriors have just about everything now, but it still takes skill to play.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Posted by: lmaonade.9207

lmaonade.9207

Oh I’m sorry for giving counter argument for argument… Didn’t know only he could speak anything of it.

Gee, Flaunt, I guess I can not speak of my build and correct the false information other people gives about it without making it flaunting. The other guy seems to think I go semi shout build instead of real shout build. Like I would take only shouts in my utility bar and wouldn’t go soldier runes and correct traits.

Yeah, Flaunt, because you make a thread specifically asking for “a build which isn’t a shout warrior,” then you go on to argue against a post with merits of a shouts build, which I have already explained. I’m trying to focus on the topic at hand (which you made btw), which is Warrior vs. Necro, IE a duel. Shout builds have no place in duels because they aren’t made for 1 vs 1 fights, they are passive benefits to groups, especially if you trait for them and take soldier runes, think about how much of a waste it is to be able to heal and remove conditions in an area, but instead you only have those benefits to yourself in a 1 vs 1, where the total effect would be diminished by 80%.

Again, shout builds are inferior for dueling, I thought you had recognized this since you asked for a non shout build. If you wish to use the same build for all forms of WvW then that’s fine, I can’t and won’t force you to do anything you don’t want to. But just know you’ll never win a 1 vs 1 against a decent Necro with a shout build, it’s just not built for that.

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Larynx.2453

Just know you’ll never win a 1 vs 1 against a decent Necro with a shout build, it’s just not built for that.

I can’t think of a single class a shout build would win against 1v1. I guess a zerker staff ele with no stunbreaks?

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Posted by: hyman.7526

hyman.7526

“War hard counters Nec”

I’ve often read this on the forum, but yet i’m still facing the same Problem as the OP.

2 examples:
Yesterday i’ve met a Nec in WvW. I run 0 10 30 0 30 with balanced, frenzy (for the lols, anyway it was equiped) and zerker stance; Ptv gear with some knight/zerk mixed in and pack runes and Hammer/LB (no buff food).
I started with Zerk Stance (to prevent the first condi spike), after he dropped the first sign and used LB to build adren and tried to close the gap, while getting some minor Conditions. After Adren was build i used LB f1 to get rid of some Condies and switched to Hammer to get serious. That was about the time zerker stance ended and i failed to stick close to him (he used cripples, chills, dodges and fear), after i somewhat managed to get enough adren for hammer f1 i was at 50% health and earthshaker missed ( i must have overseen a blind). 1-2 fears later im downed without having done much more dmg after leaving LB. (he used a bear finisher, if i recall that means r50)

This time on Khylo: I’ve used GS mace /shield zerk stance, doly sig, balanced stance zerk equipped and engaged a necro at the treb. I got chilled by the first sign and again used zerk stance to prevent more staff dmg. The first chill however was applied. After i reached the treb, we traded some minor hits, zerk stance wears off and i got the first fear, used my first stun breaker. The Stability got converted and i got feared again plus some more condies, before i activated the second stun breaker. The Condies were there and again i failed to close the fear generated gap and die without having build enough adren for a single f1.

I feel a well played necro can still generate so much distance, that it can be hard to build adren and get rid of his condies. Especially in the second case i do not really see, what i’ve done wrong, maybe using zerk stance later on? Most of the time i run up to the Nec pop zerk stance and kill him, but if he manages to prevent adren building up, i’m really clueless how to act.

I would suggest you stop using GS if you really want to destroy necros. Run hammer+ mace/shield, and watch the necro unable to do anything. But I guess GS is the best choice if you roam in wvw, just for the option of disengaging and escaping. Fight necros with those weapons and have the traits dogged march, last stand, cleansing ire, and you should almost always win. Warriors are hard counters to necros. It also helps a lot if you play a necro. They really lack any sort of counter to stuns.

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

If you are dueling and have 10+ secs of stability and cannot beat a terror necro, you may seriously want to either change your build and fine tune your playstyle…..

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Posted by: KickBitBeatBorg.7941

KickBitBeatBorg.7941

Thank you for the replies.

I found Artaz answer the most useful one, as i only had problems in melee range. Maybe i should have staid longer in LB, abusing LOS, before switching to Hammer.
@Masterabbadon: Yeah, what your describing is what i am talking about. A ton of condies before Adren is there, otherwise the melee approach is fine. But i do not like to change LB with Rifle, as LB gives this reliable condi remove with cleansing ire and i find the f1 of rifle to be unreliable.
@hyman: your answer confuses me a little. I’m not running GS. Running Mace/shield instead of LB really have the potential to make to enemy rage, but the problem would persist i guess: engaging a nec in melee, while theres no adren to cleanse. In addition a harder to land f1 from mace, compared to LB.
@ Rigel: You did not got the problem i have with some Terrormancers: the stability can not be used effectively, because of soft cc (cripple, chill) and corruption. And without stability its gg for the nec. I also have to tell you, that your answer is the least useful one, because thats exactly what i was asking for (maybe not for the build, i am pretty happy with it).

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Posted by: VoiceOfUnreason.5976

VoiceOfUnreason.5976

A Necro, built to tank, can absolutely outlast a lot of warrior builds. Tanking 10 or so seconds of stability and condition immunity isn’t terribly difficult if they simply stay on the defensive. And once that’s done, they have plenty of ways to lock a warrior down via blinds, chills, weakness, etc. That’s not to say they’re unbeatable, of course. It’s just that people who have experience fighting warriors now and who want to counter them will expect those 10 seconds of “blowing your load” and will wait to punish them afterward. If you’re having trouble dealing with a well played Necro, try not to immediately initiate the fight by blowing all your cooldowns for a quick kill. Try to let them frontload some conditions, cleanse them, then hit Beserker Stance when their cds are almost up. Basically, try to fake them out in the same way they’re trying to fake out your cooldowns.

One other big thing to note is that Necros are actually really good at tanking in melee range. Marks might be unavoidable due to low cooldown, but for god’s sake don’t just blindly run into their wells. If he’s dropped a bunch of kitten down on himself, peel out and then come back in a few seconds. GS users should be able to disengage from a Necro fairly easily. Also, try not to just aimlessly chase around Plague form. They have stability and they will be spamming blind on you constantly. Blind is actually one of the best counters they’ll have against you via wells and Plague, but you can easily avoid those by just disengaging and coming back. Don’t feel like you need to commit to the fight the first time because Necros have a lot of area control that will put you at a serious disadvantage. Aside from that… stuns are still pretty good against them as they don’t have a lot of stability outside of elites. Just make sure you’re not blinded.

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

Maybe I’m missing something here since I don’t really duel but why build specifically for one class? Especially in WvW since that’s what you say you play in most.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Posted by: hyman.7526

hyman.7526

Thank you for the replies.

@hyman: your answer confuses me a little. I’m not running GS. Running Mace/shield instead of LB really have the potential to make to enemy rage, but the problem would persist i guess: engaging a nec in melee, while theres no adren to cleanse. In addition a harder to land f1 from mace, compared to LB.

It is confusing because you are unwilling to even consider about running with just exactly Hammer and a mace/shield weapon set (not a LB and mace/shield set, not a GS and mace/shield set). Using LB is just asking to lose. To beat a necro, you MUST keep up the melee pressure. Condition necros are extremely tanky and if you let them hit you with their condi bursts you are as good as dead.

The tricky part here is how you engage. You might want to consider popping your zerker stance immediately before you engage for 2 reasons: (1) gain adrenaline, (2) 8 seconds of OP immunity to anything the necro can do, this includes blinds, chills, everything. If you cannot close the gap within 8 seconds and land any stun/daze, you gotta practice. You can also slot bulls rush if you are really struggling.

For build, use the standard, 0/10/30/0/30. In full zerker armor and cavalier trinkets, you should have ~3k atk, and ~34% crit chance. That means your hammers crit for around 3-4k depending on how tanky the necro is, even mace will hit for 1-2k. Use either lyssa runes or melandru runes. And if you are really rich or just want to beat the crap out of them, toss in a lemongrass soup. Traited for dogged march, cleansing ire, and last stand, you should not have a problem even if the Necro occasionally breaks your stun chain.

The goal is to not give the necro any breathing room. The necros only defense is when they are able to move, they have only a few stun breakers (4) and if they are running lots of stun breakers they aren’t bursty. Anticipate a few of their powerful utilities. If you get hit by any of these, you are goign to have to work a little bit harder to recover (i.e. shield 5, signet of stamina, lyssa runes): signet of spite and corrupt boon. You can dodge signet of spite through experience since its not instant cast. Once you see a signet over the necros head when hes turned facing you, immediately dodge. Corrupt boon is a little bit harder, but just remember the goal of the corrupt boon is to turn your stability into a fear. The necro will not use it for anything else except your stability, that is assuming hes a competent necro. One way to counter these, is to abuse the necros slow movement speed. Get really close and try to be behind him at all times. Everytime you stun him just move around him. Both of these utilities require the necro to face you.

If you are confused about anything else, just ask. But the real challenge I guess is to keep an open mind and just try my suggestions. Forget about LB. Forget about rifle, although it may work if you are just running a poke build with rifle/GS, but that is beside the point.

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Hey guys. I feel like I can contribute here since I do not only main a necro, but play him exclusively in WvW and participate in duels whenever I get the chance.

There are some things I want to clarify first:

Corrupt boon is a little bit harder, but just remember the goal of the corrupt boon is to turn your stability into a fear. The necro will not use it for anything else except your stability, that is assuming hes a competent necro.

That is not true. There are certain key-boons that (competent) necros are looking for depending on the situation, like turning big might stacks into weakness, retaliation into 3xconfusion, fury into blindness…

Both of these utilities require the necro to face you.

Only true for Signet of Spite. Corrupt Boon needs line of sight, but can also hit if you stand behind the necro.

There are many necro builds that qualify as Terrormancer, because all you really need is the trait “Terror”. There just is no condi necro who doesn’t use this trait, so the outcome of a warrior/necro 1v1 very much depends on the rest of the build.
Chances are you’re going to encounter a condi necro who also uses Dhuumfire, that’s the super cheesy ez-mode fotm build these days. 30/20///20 is the most common one.
Lucky for you though it’s the easiest one for warriors to counter with BStance, because they usually run Rabid or Dire stats with it and have close to no direct damage.
So if you encounter someone with a pure condi build then in most cases it’s the warriors fight to lose.

I can give you some general advice against any necro build though:

Most necros will set up their burst by incorporating Death Shroud. Note: the closer you are to the necro once he goes into Shroud, the stronger and faster will be his burst.
What you need to do as a warrior is sync up your burst with the necros rotation so that he eats all your stuns and dmg once he drops out of Death Shroud. A necro has horrible healing. The only thing that generates half decent is life force, but once out of Shroud it’s on a 10 sec cd, which means: all the dmg you do now will be almost unrecoverable for the necro for the rest of the fight.
So, what you need to do is: bate the necro into Shroud, don’t use up too many of your skills until he drops out and then bring on the hurt.

Warrior VS Necro

in Warrior

Nuorus.8415

Yeah, Flaunt, because you make a thread specifically asking for “a build which isn’t a shout warrior,” then you go on to argue against a post with merits of a shouts build, which I have already explained. I’m trying to focus on the topic at hand (which you made btw), which is Warrior vs. Necro, IE a duel. Shout builds have no place in duels because they aren’t made for 1 vs 1 fights, they are passive benefits to groups, especially if you trait for them and take soldier runes, think about how much of a waste it is to be able to heal and remove conditions in an area, but instead you only have those benefits to yourself in a 1 vs 1, where the total effect would be diminished by 80%.

Again, shout builds are inferior for dueling, I thought you had recognized this since you asked for a non shout build. If you wish to use the same build for all forms of WvW then that’s fine, I can’t and won’t force you to do anything you don’t want to. But just know you’ll never win a 1 vs 1 against a decent Necro with a shout build, it’s just not built for that.

Ah so you mean it’s only acceptable to argue as long as it is/supports your opinion. Gotcha!

Edit: Mace/shield/hammer totaly destroyed the necro. Rather too easily. Gotta avoid that weapon set.

(edited by Nuorus.8415)