Warrior build for dungeons/fractal

in Warrior

Posted by: ramorambo.6701

ramorambo.6701

Short and fast question, can you guys link me a build for speedrun dungeon farming (cof/ac etc.) and a build for high level fractals?
I have a spare character to level at lv 80 with professions to make ascended armors on my main so i decided to make a warr

in Warrior

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

[ROCK]
Desolation

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I don’t think that build works too well in high level fractals. When Someone says high level fractals I assume 40+. Its very squishy for that high. And if you are running with pug groups in Fractals it can be death. For COF AC etc what your asking for it works best.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

I used that build at fotm 79, it works very well. If you feel its too squishy for 40+ that is 100% an l2p issue.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

I used that build at fotm 79, it works very well. If you feel its too squishy for 40+ that is 100% an l2p issue.

It works pretty well as long as you have group members to babysit your conditions and tank for you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

It works pretty well as long as you have group members to babysit your conditions and tank for you.

Very true. Thats why all good groups have at least 1 cleric staff guard. Gotta heal up all the bad zerkers after all

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: Gunsnroll.2657

Gunsnroll.2657

Very true. Thats why all good groups have at least 1 cleric staff guard. Gotta heal up all the bad zerkers after all

Stop that, he’ll believe it.

in Warrior

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

What’s a tank in GW2?

And yea, most builds work best when you synergize with your teammates. Have any more shocking revelations?

Death and Taxes [DnT]

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

What’s a tank in GW2?

And yea, most builds work best when you synergize with your teammates. Have any more shocking revelations?

I started to reply to you specifically when your argument was basically LTP. What is a tank in GW2? Mobs generally aggro the player who has the most toughness in the party. And since generally that is not you it will be someone else. Most builds do synergize with the team but while the 30/25/0/0/15 build does produce the best warrior DPS. Other than perhaps a banner or fgj this build brings nothing to synergize with the team other than DPS. So basicaaly this build in very hard content needs to be supported by other players who have to take a less DD build in order to support you so you can put out big numbers lol. I never questioned that the build does not do DPS I questioned how sustainable it is with pug groups or bad group comps, or in a party where everyone runs a as selfish build as this one in difficult content. And COF P3 is not difficult content.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Carpboy.7145

What’s a tank in GW2?

I started to reply to you specifically when your argument was basically LTP. What is a tank in GW2? Mobs generally aggro the player who has the most toughness in the party. And since generally that is not you it will be someone else. Most builds do synergize with the team but while the 30/25/0/0/15 build does produce the best warrior DPS. Other than perhaps a banner or fgj this build brings nothing to synergize with the team other than DPS. So basicaaly this build in very hard content needs to be supported by other players who have to take a less DD build in order to support you so you can put out big numbers lol. I never questioned that the build does not do DPS I questioned how sustainable it is with pug groups or bad group comps, or in a party where everyone runs a as selfish build as this one in difficult content. And COF P3 is not difficult content.

The max DMV builds for other classes dont suffer anything. Support is support regardless if youre zerker or cleric

Lyss The Shadow

in Warrior

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Or kick them and get good Zerkers so you can have a 5 man party and not a 4 man.

Most builds do synergize with the team but while the 30/25/0/0/15 build does produce the best warrior DPS. Other than perhaps a banner or fgj this build brings nothing to synergize with the team other than DPS. So basicaaly this build in very hard content needs to be supported by other players who have to take a less DD build in order to support you so you can put out big numbers lol

Usually the Guardian is responsible for condi removal (PF and VOR) while bringing reflects and Aegis. Ele for Might/Fury stacking. No other support is necessary, everybody is able to dodge important attacks and outheal the “unavoidable” ones.

It’s a little something called a “meta”.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

(edited by Flissy.4093)

in Warrior

Carpboy.7145

Or kick them and get good Zerkers so you can have a 5 man party and not a 4 man.

Sarcasm was obvious :/

Lyss The Shadow

in Warrior

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

What’s a tank in GW2?

Well it is an LTP issue, sorry to burst your bubble. Every build needs to support each other to maximize efficiency. The solution to bad groups or low dps is not to lower your dps further by going tanky yourself or using bad traits.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

What’s a tank in GW2?

Well it is an LTP issue, sorry to burst your bubble. Every build needs to support each other to maximize efficiency. The solution to bad groups or low dps is not to lower your dps further by going tanky yourself or using bad traits.

Hate to burst my bubble? Only person in here that is in some kinda bubble is you mate. Your only argument for why you are right is others just need to learn to play and that you don’t need to debate the points I am making because I just don’t know how to play. That sounds like a bubble to me.

I watched your video btw. You started to lose me after telling me that to use assassins for and your rationalization for that is it gives you a 1% increase of damage like that you can really measure a 1 damage increase that is not a damage increase its a 3% chance to do more damage while doing slightly less damage 97% of the time.

Then about how we do this because Blood lust a 250 power increase which equates to about 4-5% Damage boost if you attack is around 3800 which it most likely is with might. Would be better than lets say sigil of force which would be a static 5% that doesn’t need to be built with stacks. Never mind the fact that by choosing assassins and the infusions you used you lost 250 power in the process probably and all of the time and money that you had spent was for 5 extra crit chance that amounts to more DPS according to you.

I like the guide that you made for people that don’t know what to do its very good. I probably would of never went into that much detail but um your traits are nice but your gear isn’t as optimum as you think it is and as soon as the nerf comes it will be even worst.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

What’s a tank in GW2?

Hate to burst my bubble? Only person in here that is in some kinda bubble is you mate. Your only argument for why you are right is others just need to learn to play and that you don’t need to debate the points I am making because I just don’t know how to play. That sounds like a bubble to me.

You’re the one who thinks people ‘tank’ in high level fractals. I don’t live in that bubble.

I watched your video btw. You started to lose me after telling me that to use assassins for and your rationalization for that is it gives you a 1% increase of damage like that you can really measure a 1 damage increase that is not a damage increase its a 3% chance to do more damage while doing slightly less damage 97% of the time.

EP=(Power*(1+(CritChance*CritDamage)))*DamageModifiers

That’s a formula you should look into before you make such a comment. You clearly don’t have much of a clue.

Then about how we do this because Blood lust a 250 power increase which equates to about 4-5% Damage boost if you attack is around 3800 which it most likely is with might. Would be better than lets say sigil of force which would be a static 5% that doesn’t need to be built with stacks. Never mind the fact that by choosing assassins and the infusions you used you lost 250 power in the process probably and all of the time and money that you had spent was for 5 extra crit chance that amounts to more DPS according to you.

It’s 134 Power, and it is higher DPS. Please learn math. Also, if you watched the video you see I switch to DPS sigils after building up stacks. Everyone who cares about min/maxing does this.

I like the guide that you made for people that don’t know what to do its very good. I probably would of never went into that much detail but um your traits are nice but your gear isn’t as optimum as you think it is and as soon as the nerf comes it will be even worst.

The gear is optimal in the current meta. You are correct, after the Ferocity nerf assassins gear will be worse, but I already knew that and made a video on my channel explaining it, and telling people not to craft assassins gear now. And I believe I added a note inside my warrior video that says the same thing.

Don’t be all mad at me because I offended you by saying “it’s an L2P issue” when it is. If you aren’t comfortable with meta builds in fractals you should practice more, I don’t know what else to say to help you.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

in Warrior

Posted by: Destram.8651

Destram.8651

Warlord you realize you’re arguing with the guy who does in depth spreadsheets after almost every patch, right? I’m pretty sure he knows exactly what he’s talking about.

in Warrior

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Warlord you realize you’re arguing with the guy who does in depth spreadsheets after almost every patch, right? I’m pretty sure he knows exactly what he’s talking about.

I don’t think anybody should trust anybody just based on who they are, even myself. But I have offered the math behind that particular question on multiple occasions and I included the basic formula in this thread so he can check it for himself.

From a theorycraft perspective, the reason why adding precision at the expense of power works at a certain point is that once you are at around 3500 Power (with Might and Banner of Strength) and 150% crit damage (with base 50% and banner of Discipline) the opportunity cost of failing to crit is so high that over the long term on average you are best off sacrificing some power in order to ensure you crit more often.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2953/chtr.png

The meta warrior (with full zerk, no assassins) build has 159% crit damage, and 3759 Power with banner, might and bloodlust. Referencing that chart, you’ll see the “optimal” crit chance is far in excess of 95%. In fact it was at 95% way back at 3300 power. So with 3759 Power the optimal crit chance is 100%. But this build has 88% crit chance. So trading 134 Power (3 Assassins armor + infusions or some other combination to get you there) for 6% chance to crit puts you to 94%. Add 5% moe for +100 Precision food and you’re at 99%, You still are far in excess of the Power/critdmg threshold to make 100% crit chance ideal.

So thats that.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

in Warrior

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I started to reply to you specifically when your argument was basically LTP. What is a tank in GW2? Mobs generally aggro the player who has the most toughness in the party. And since generally that is not you it will be someone else.

Thats a myth.

in Warrior

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

Just to clarify: that is an assumption (toughness = threat) that was made some time ago and never been confirmed. Also, nobody is stating that in the high-end fractals the job of a full-zerk warrior with 30-25-0-0-15 is easy; nonetheless I always felt that the better I play the less problems I have.
I do not think there was any offensive intention coming from Nike (or at least, I did not perceive it as such). It is true that to manage a glass cannon one has to play it very well. So, to me, the comment sounded pretty objective.
Just my two cents

[ROCK]
Desolation

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

What’s a tank in GW2?

You’re the one who thinks people ‘tank’ in high level fractals. I don’t live in that bubble.

EP=(Power*(1+(CritChance*CritDamage)))*DamageModifiers

That’s a formula you should look into before you make such a comment. You clearly don’t have much of a clue.

It’s 134 Power, and it is higher DPS. Please learn math. Also, if you watched the video you see I switch to DPS sigils after building up stacks. Everyone who cares about min/maxing does this.

The gear is optimal in the current meta. You are correct, after the Ferocity nerf assassins gear will be worse, but I already knew that and made a video on my channel explaining it, and telling people not to craft assassins gear now. And I believe I added a note inside my warrior video that says the same thing.

Don’t be all mad at me because I offended you by saying “it’s an L2P issue” when it is. If you aren’t comfortable with meta builds in fractals you should practice more, I don’t know what else to say to help you.

I love these paper warriors. I’ve been playing this game a lot longer to know precision next to healing power is one of the worst scaling stats in GW2. You whole argument is I will lose. 134 power and gain 6 crit chance if I do it my way lol. Well if we didn’t do it your way and used sigil of perception instead of blood lust we would have more crit chance than you without the loss of 134 power.

So your build would have less crit chance and um less power too untill you built up 25 stacks of blood lust in which case you would have less crit chance and 116 more power. But according to you crit chance is better than power. So no one will notice your 100 more power but since our crit chance is higher our build is better.

Listen I don’t really give a crap who this nike guy is I don’t have time to have no life 10 legendarys and make spread sheets all the time for and online game, then argue over 1 stat point is better or worst, or why the game should be played this way and not another way.

in Warrior

Carpboy.7145

If you don’t have time and dont know how then dont lol. Leave it to people like Nike who DO have the time and DO know how

Lyss The Shadow

in Warrior

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

I love these paper warriors. I’ve been playing this game a lot longer to know precision next to healing power is one of the worst scaling stats in GW2. You whole argument is I will lose. 134 power and gain 6 crit chance if I do it my way lol. Well if we didn’t do it your way and used sigil of perception instead of blood lust we would have more crit chance than you without the loss of 134 power.

So your build would have less crit chance and um less power too untill you built up 25 stacks of blood lust in which case you would have less crit chance and 116 more power. But according to you crit chance is better than power. So no one will notice your 100 more power but since our crit chance is higher our build is better.

Listen I don’t really give a crap who this nike guy is I don’t have time to have no life 10 legendarys and make spread sheets all the time for and online game, then argue over 1 stat point is better or worst, or why the game should be played this way and not another way.

But you are here arguing, so clearly you do have the time.

Regardless, I provided more than sufficient math and charts to support my position, and it’s accurate. You have no dispute for that mathematically, so I guess I win. Though upon reflection, I suppose I won a long time ago when you said dps builds require a tank to be successful in high level fractals.

Also who is this “our” you refer to? Are you representing a guild, or using the royal we?

edit: I’m not the self-proclaimed best player in the game. And also, your Perception stacking plan is kittened for a variety of reasons. Foremost, which build has higher dps in places where you can’t build up stacks efficiently? Bet you haven’t considered that.

If you want more crit chance the best ways in the game are here. Because its 21 points per 1 point of crit chance making this the 2nd worst scaling stat in the game next to healing power. There are far better ways to get more precision than from gear.
ORBs,
Sigil of perception ( this is the big one (250 Precision)
Food Maint oil and Precision food.
Sigil of accuracy 5% = to 105 Precsion
Signets 180
Banners. 170
Traits. Ranger spotter 150, Deep strike 40 per signet.

Orbs? Sorry bro. People use scholar runes in real builds.
Perception sigil is horrible but i’ve explained that in other places. It prevents you from using Precision food being the most important factor. Second most important is that your dps blows in any instance where you can’t build up stacks, especially being fractals.
Precision food. You’re contradicting yourself. My build uses Precision food. Tell me what your kooky Perception stack build gains by using Precision food.
Maintenance Oil: No one uses these, people use slayer pots.
Signets: already used in both builds
Banners: already used in both builds
Spotter: If I have 25 Bloodlust stacks and a Ranger in my party, my dps goes up. If you have 25 perception stacks and ranger in the party, your dps does not. Good plan.
Deep Strike? What trait do you get rid of? Rending Strikes and FGS are dps increases far beyond Deep Strike. Guess you haven’t thought that through.

Lastly don’t ever tell me that I need to Learn to Play especially a warrior. I bought this game during beta 2 and my 1st character was a warrior that I pretty much excursively played until now after having taken 2 short breaks from he game, Ive been here from day 1.

Oh I’m sorry. Sorry for hurting your feels, I’m sure you’re a great player. I don’t have any proof, but I’ll take your word for it.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

(edited by Nike Porphyrogenita.8137)

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Real players lol Orbs are for pur exotic build mainly trinkets if you are a poor player. But it is just there for reference.
Since when does sigil of perception prevent you from using precsion food? Thats pretty new to me I have never heard of that.

regardless of what people use or do not use my notes are there for reference those are the best ways to get precision in the game period.
Lastly don’t ever tell me that I need to Learn to Play especially a warrior. I bought this game during beta 2 and my 1st character was a warrior that I pretty much excursively played until now after having taken 2 short breaks from he game, Ive been here from day 1.

I played warrior the whole time before warrior got any of the buffs it did before ascended before anything we have now.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Carpboy.7145

Lol. I dont even…

Lyss The Shadow

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Lol if you cant build up 25 stacks of anything on your warrior your not doing your job thats a L2p issue Nike.,

in Warrior

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

I’ve seen this discussion before…
Ken Ham vs Bill Nye
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI

Guess which one Warlord.9074 is.

LOL

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

in Warrior

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Lol if you cant build up 25 stacks of anything on your warrior your not doing your job thats a L2p issue Nike.,

You should really re-evaluate your knowledge of the game. Also you obviously have no clue who Nike is, and if you do and still call him out, you have a serious problem.

Everything he stated has been tested in every situation possible by many players, this is not a “spreadsheet” build, it’s what work the best.

(edited by Trice.4598)

in Warrior

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

I’m not sure if you realize this or not but the beta you’re referring to was an open beta for everyone who pre-ordered the game. Just because you played in the beta doesn’t mean you know what your talking about.

(edited by Clumsy.6257)

in Warrior

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

As the best warrior this games PvE has ever seen, I’d like to point out that advocating defensive gear/traits on the class that has the inherently highest defensive stats of any class, is grounds for assuming one is an inexperienced warrior.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

(edited by hybrid.5027)

in Warrior

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

Well this turned into a “I’m a better warrior and have played longer than you” thread pretty fast.

in Warrior

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

As the real best warrior in the game, I’d also like to point out that Warlord doesnt know what hes talking about.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

As the real best necromancer in the game, I’d also like to point out that Spoj…

Ok ok, I confess. I have never even played necromancer

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Just to clarify: that is an assumption (toughness = threat) that was made some time ago and never been confirmed.

Well Toughness is one of the factor for aggro. I used to play an AH Guardian with Knight gear at the beginning of the game (hell i even used to play a Cleric Guardian back then) and i had the agro most of the time. This ain’t reliable, this ain’t the best gameplay, but it partially work.

Real players lol Orbs are for pur exotic build mainly trinkets if you are a poor player. But it is just there for reference.
Since when does sigil of perception prevent you from using precsion food? Thats pretty new to me I have never heard of that.

Its Jewel for Exotics Trinkets btw not Orbs. For armor exotic or ascended the Orb is not that bad. Most player used them until some people found out that Rune of the Scholar is better. Ya if you are bad and are under 90% hp most of the Time, you are better with Orb. Anyway Orb are still good if someone don’t want to spend a couple Gold in their Runes or someone who try Zerker for the first time.

Sigil of Perception don’t prevent using precision food. But if you have a good build in a good group you will already have 100% Crit chance with a Sigil of Perception, making Spotter or Precision Food useless.

L2P can be seen as almost an insult, but its the truth. You can play as a full DPS in a full DPS group without any pts or stats in defense and still survive and even do the content faster. I’m sure we can because there is video of people doing it and i have done it myself for most of the content. But that doesn’t mean that you cannot run anything that a full dps build. Its a game, use enough defensive trait and gear to survive yourself as you get better and better. Its not even a big deal if you can never play a full dps build. Its the best way to go, but you can still enjoy the game with a hybrid build. Just don,t go into defensive trait/gear because you think its better, its not. It only help you survive if you don’t know the encounter enough or can’t use the active defensive skill well enough to survive.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Warrior

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

in Warrior

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Do you really need signet of stamina with all those heals from banners?

in Warrior

Thaddeus.4891

That’s a terrible build for speed run and high level fractal. Such a small DPS that you just can’t do speed run and for fractal you have DPS checkpoint that gonna make you fail every time if most people use this kind of build. The Worst will be at the Volcano Fratal where you won’t be able to kill any grawl before they push the human and you lose. Same thing with the grubs at the end, you will never be able to kill them quick enough.

Do you really need signet of stamina with all those heals from banners?

Just don’t use that build man. The Signet of Stamina could be a nice defensive addition for some fractal. Again the example of Volcano come to mind. I want to be able to keep the Shaman on me so the rest of the team can rez the dead and if i want to do that i usually like to have my shield and the signet of stamina so i’m able to kite it for all the time i want.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tyrael.7410

Tyrael.7410

Berserker all the way for pve. Less toughness is better, you don’t take any agro while doing MAD dmg to mobs. WvW, zerker = free res from down state for your enermy.

Priest of Grenth

in Warrior

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Just don’t use that build man. The Signet of Stamina could be a nice defensive addition for some fractal. Again the example of Volcano come to mind. I want to be able to keep the Shaman on me so the rest of the team can rez the dead and if i want to do that i usually like to have my shield and the signet of stamina so i’m able to kite it for all the time i want.

I’m pretty sure you can do that with neither of them.

in Warrior

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

That’s a terrible build for speed run and high level fractal. Such a small DPS that you just can’t do speed run and for fractal you have DPS checkpoint that gonna make you fail every time if most people use this kind of build. The Worst will be at the Volcano Fratal where you won’t be able to kill any grawl before they push the human and you lose. Same thing with the grubs at the end, you will never be able to kill them quick enough.

That build will bring easily enough dps to pass all the dps checks in fractals and you will have the chance to trait for reflects for fights like vulcano end boss. If it’s a speed run build or not depends on who you ask, the impression I have is most people would consider this build well suited for speed running.

(edited by Konu.1826)

in Warrior

Thaddeus.4891

I’m pretty sure you can do that with neither of them.

Ya well i can dodge 2 AR arrow, then GS skill 3, then another dodge, after that another GS skill 3, but after that i gonna get hit by the next Arrow. Ya sure i can do right, left, right, left so i don’t get hit by any arrow. But if i’m pugging and my team need to rez a couple of people i want to be sure i don’t get hit by any arrow. That’s why i want something more like the signet of a shield. But true you can still do it without them.

That build will bring easily enough dps to pass all the dps checks in fractals and you will have the chance to trait for reflects for fights like vulcano end boss. If it’s a speed run build or not depends on who you ask, the impression I have is most people would consider this build well suited for speed running.

Ok. Yes this build will bring enough DPS to pass the dps checks in fractal if you have a group with enough DPS in the first place. You need to be the weak dps for that, because if the other people have less dps that this build give, then no your won’t be able to pass the checks. For speed runs, its totally false. You will be able to do the path easy. Its even gonna be fast, but again the same thing with fractal. You will need your party to be full DPS while you stay back on your defensive stats and boons and enjoy the ride. The definition of a speed run is to go as fast as possible and you do that with DPS, not regen banners, signet of stamina, toughness and vitality. Like i said you can still do dungeon pretty fast with a build like that and a good group. But its a learning build, or an hybrid build. Not a speed run build.

in Warrior

DeathPanel.8362

That’s a terrible build for speed run and high level fractal. Such a small DPS that you just can’t do speed run and for fractal you have DPS checkpoint that gonna make you fail every time if most people use this kind of build.

The build has full zerk on every slot and runs empower (+150 power to group) and 2 buff banners. If that is “small dps” then I don’t know what qualifies as big dps.

There’s a point in which sacrificing group support for dps gives diminishing returns. Between regen banners and empower and full zerk gear there’s plenty of dps in the build while also providing sustain and dps buff to the whole team.

(edited by DeathPanel.8362)

in Warrior

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

There’s a point in which sacrificing group support for dps gives diminishing returns. Between regen banners and empower and full zerk gear there’s plenty of dps in the build while also providing sustain and dps buff to the whole team.

That works both ways. That lolheals build is only like…

Trashway: 14,347
Meta: 23,585

…39.9% worse dps than the meta build? On the plus side, you boost total team dps by almost 20%. And you get some super stronk regeneration, which I’m absolutely sure is worth 19% of your dps to achieve. So sure.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

in Warrior

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

#Warlord
Warrior is the pve easy mode. If you can’t handle running warrior on meta build I shudder to think what you would consider as a build for a class like thief and elementalist.

That’s a terrible build for speed run and high level fractal. Such a small DPS that you just can’t do speed run and for fractal you have DPS checkpoint that gonna make you fail every time if most people use this kind of build.

The build has full zerk on every slot and runs empower (+150 power to group) and 2 buff banners. If that is “small dps” then I don’t know what qualifies as big dps.

Your build doesn’t even has a single damage modifier trait checked. Just putting zerker gear on is meaningless when you’re actively avoiding any trait that amplifies all damage. Just 5 more points into arms and you would at least get Attack of Opportunity. As it stands, your build is a zero dps build that just so happens to run zerker gear.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

in Warrior

Thaddeus.4891

Well simply a Meta build. Trait give you damage modifier that will boost your damage a LOT.

There’s a point in which sacrificing group support for dps gives diminishing returns.

?? Toughness have a diminishing returns (with higher toughness, each pts of additional toughness will mitigate less damage. Some reward, like farming mobs or the same dungeon path during 1 day, have diminishing returns in the code to limit farming the same thing over and over. But for DPS its pretty much the other way around. Damage modifier are multiplicative meaning that 2 modifier of 10% = 21% not 20% The more modifier you have and better return you will have from each one.

But I’m not stupid, that wasn’t what you meant, i’m sure. You wanted to say that, at one point more DPS become useless if you can stay alive and you are right. Most of the time i play with my guildmate that use this kind of hybrid build. This is way better that a tanky build (PVT or Cleric in PVE?? pls). There is nothing wrong with that build for most people. You can do dungeon in a quick time, you can do most fractal under level 40 without much problem. But the guys asked for Speed Run dungeon farming build and high end Fractal. And this is where the regen banner build reach its limit. Less DPS = more time to kill which is exactly the opposite of Speed Dungeon run. For fractal 40-50 your regen will do nothing man. Your build will die as fast as a full DPS one at this level. You need to avoid being hits and kill stuff as fast as you can, because if you begin to rez people, try to survive and don’t dps the boss, the fight start to become longer and longer leaving more place for mistake and people downing, meaning less ppl for damage, meaning longer fight, meaning more place for mistake, etc in a spiral that usually end with a wipe. Some party can do level 40-50 with that kind of build, but this is really not the best options.

in Warrior

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

If you want an Empower Allies build, there’s mine, which actually minmaxes personal DPS output.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/86495-hb-is-for-casuals-the-empower-allies-dungeon-build/

Eviscerate is a tough skill to calculate DPS for but when I ran the numbers it came out to between 5-10% less DPS than the standard 30/25/0/0/15. Either way it’s a hell of a lot better than trading 40% DPS for that banner regen.

Also remember that just standing next to a mesmer phantasm gives you perma-regen, plus the engineer heal skill is loads of regen on everyone near him. You don’t really need any more than that, if you’re relying on a warrior for that regen healing then you need to rethink your party comp as a whole.

in Warrior

DeathPanel.8362

#Warlord
Warrior is the pve easy mode. If you can’t handle running warrior on meta build I shudder to think what you would consider as a build for a class like thief and elementalist.

Your build doesn’t even has a single damage modifier trait checked. Just putting zerker gear on is meaningless when you’re actively avoiding any trait that amplifies all damage. Just 5 more points into arms and you would at least get Attack of Opportunity. As it stands, your build is a zero dps build that just so happens to run zerker gear.

Anyone can put together a pure dps build if personal dps is ALL that matters. The problem is your dps means nothing if you can’t stay alive.

It doesn’t matter whatsoever that there’s no modifier traits because with the empower and banners you provide your team with far more dps output than what you can put out yourself given a pure personal dps build. Never did I pretend the one I posted was some highest dps build. The build trades away some portion of dps for survivability. That’s all.

You’re free to provide a link to a build that you think would be more effective. I’d love to take a look.

(edited by DeathPanel.8362)

in Warrior

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

If u can´t stay alive use “Metabuild” with a few parts of knights or soldier gear. Still more dps (and support i guess).

Or a 30/25/15/0/0 pure Axe build to get the adrenalinregen. Both is better then too much points in defensive (or tactics)

dmg multipliers with defensive gear>offensive gear without dmg multipliers.

Btw, to support alles with banners/might and EA well, they have to play correct.

A clerics shouthealwarrior will get less benefit from banner/EA then a metabuild warrior u can´t say u´re incresing your party dps well if u don´t know there builds.
If they don´t use any dmg increasing traits and/or gear aswell it´s better to play max solodps to get maxpartydps.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

in Warrior

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

#Warlord

Anyone can put together a pure dps build if personal dps is ALL that matters. The problem is your dps means nothing if you can’t stay alive.

It doesn’t matter whatsoever that there’s no modifier traits because with the empower and banners you provide your team with far more dps output than what you can put out yourself given a pure personal dps build. Never did I pretend the one I posted was some highest dps build. The build trades away some portion of dps for survivability. That’s all.

You’re free to provide a link to a build that you think would be more effective. I’d love to take a look.

Except you aren’t building for DPS support, you’re just building for survivability. You’ve been saying you provide “DPS support” except:

1) You have no blast finishers or fire fields.
2) You don’t have FGJ.
3) Meta warriors already run dual banners.

Which means that you’re actually giving LESS support and LESS DPS. The only thing you are giving that the meta build doesn’t is Empower Allies, and if you want that (it is admittedly a good buff) there’s my own build which is considerably better.

If you want to just go “I run this build because I’m not good at dungeons and die a lot” that’s fine, no one is going to criticize, but pretending it’s a substitute for meta is lol.

in Warrior

Thaddeus.4891

Like Guanglai said you trade personnal DPS for Surviability, Regen Banner and Empower Allies. You CAN’T talk about normal banner here man, any warrior can bring them, there is nothing new here.

Empower allies is a good trait so no question here.

Regen Banners are not that bad, i mean i would prefer someone using Heal Shout because banner can’t help you if you run around and less cooldown on FGJ and OMM are not that bad either. But i understand, if someone need a bit of defense and can’t go into full DPS, i rather they bring some support and not only survivability.

Ok so you have 30pts in tactics for some survivability and support. Ok i can live with that. But 20pts in Defense really. That only bring you limited amount of survivability but you sacrifice a lot of DPS. These 20pts in Defense should really be in Strength, Arm or Discpline to get those damage modifiers like Slashing Power, Beserker Powers or Dual Wielding. Even if you need to replace 1 or 2 piece of armor for Knight gear so you have your own survivability if you need to.

A 30/10/0/30/0 Build would make a lot more sense if you want to bring a bit of support and need some survivability for yourself. The meta build with some knight armor would be even better, again if you need some survivability.

in Warrior

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

The meta build with some knight armor would be even better, again if you need some survivability.

Exactly, now throw out what you said about using heal shouts for survival because it just isn’t a good idea.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)