Warrior builds that pretend to be dps

in Warrior

Posted by: Ronnie.8902

Ronnie.8902

Warrior builds that pretend to be dps but i have to deal with my not optimal ability to dodge/avoid attacks… XD

Here it is… 2 version of the same build type… the second maybe has more dps, but surely less “tanky”

(don’t say me “run 30/25/…” or “full berserker” cause i tried… and i spent way more time downed then on my feet… so… maybe it could be more dps… but your dps is 0 when you are dead… so… it simply doesn’t belong to me =)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIEQJARTnkOk8YUQOPwEZABfQDvMoCmI9ANGw0A-jQyAYfAsliGhZIaJwiox2MAaDMas6aM9rgsGOpCBEaCA-e

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIEQJARTnkOk8YUQOPwEZAx84HAiiQVYOSPQjBMNA-jwxAYfAsliGhZIaJwiox2GKiGruGT/SEVLEQoJA-e

in Warrior

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

If you’re dying regularly using 30/25/0/0/15 + Healing Signet, then the problem isn’t the build, it’s the player.

in Warrior

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

If you’re dying regularly using 30/25/0/0/15 + Healing Signet, then the problem isn’t the build, it’s the player.

Arena net isnt a fan of glass cannon and youl likely see a lot of new encounter and fix made for the sole purpose of making them feel uncomfortable in the future. btway going full dps isnt the only way to play warrior and 30 25 0 0 15 is prety much only viable with great sword.
I run 0 25 15 30 0 and the healing banners actualy does a perfect job not to mention how easy it is to switch gear and trait for about any single weapon in the game. Id advise you not to run glass cannon great sword in fractals if you actualy hate armor repairs because you gunna spend a lot of time at the little broken red shield if you run that.
A good credo for fractal should be to balance your stat and gear in order to be optimal in every situation because no you wont always be on the DPS seat in fractals of the mist.
Just dont forget to bring in the critical damage banner

Now now i dont know about you but i like to have tri-regen on my warrior. Couple that with enought damage to outclass anything but a full damage warrior and youl be fine in Fotm

wichever build you use you always need at least 0 20 0 0 0 to be able to use greatsword effectively when necesary.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Warrior

Posted by: blessing nosferatu.3784

blessing nosferatu.3784

0/25/15/30/0 is one of the worst build I ’ ve seen so far.
I hope you are trolling.

“couple that with enought damage to outclass anything but a full damage warrior”
Math is not an opinion and your math is completly wrong.

[rT]

in Warrior

kyubi.3620

i dont recall 25k on hundred blade behing a bad hit dear. It may not be this great for average warrior dps but it still outshine most class who would be based on damage. Everything in fractals is based on your ability to survive and going all out zerker there will do little more then get your killed quick from mob swarms.

The power tech does increase the GS sword by a good 25% great but you have to spec 30 point in it just to get results.

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Warrior

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

i dont recall 25k on hundred blade behing a bad hit dear. It may not be this great for average warrior dps but it still outshine most class who would be based on damage.

No, no it doesn’t. 25k hundred blades is bad, not to mention you need to factor in cast time and not just pay attention to the final number.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in Warrior

blessing nosferatu.3784

at level 80 with proper buffs you should hit at least for 45k.

[rT]

in Warrior

kyubi.3620

i dont recall 25k on hundred blade behing a bad hit dear. It may not be this great for average warrior dps but it still outshine most class who would be based on damage.

No, no it doesn’t. 25k hundred blades is bad, not to mention you need to factor in cast time and not just pay attention to the final number.

Thats still more then about any other class would do in zerker gear. doing 3k+ (to up to 4k) with auto and 12k with whirlwind is perfectly acceptable. And if you can do better then show me numbers and with other class… not warriors

As i recall thief can do great damage as well but is so glassy it wont even live to deal it thats the reason no one wants a thief in the party for end content. now now what will you get me out show me your mats.

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Warrior

blessing nosferatu.3784

is not about big single numbers but dps.
with your math 100b>fiery rush , please

[rT]

in Warrior

kyubi.3620

is not about big single numbers but dps.
with your math 100b>fiery rush , please

dps is of little consequance in fractals of the mist what mathers is what you bring to the team and how long you can last. 30 25 0 0 15 is easily one of the worst build you can have in a heavily add crowded fractal (aka dredge). Doesnt realy mather good you can dodge when you take a hit every 3 second you need to be able to endure a beating. OF course if you use this for wvw or a dungeon like arah with little or next to no tanking problem this is another story. I did run arah as 30 25 0 0 15 but this was to dps down Dwayna (the actual only real dps race boss in the game).

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Warrior

blessing nosferatu.3784

Ok your fantastics shouts heals must be awesome at fractal 15.

[rT]

in Warrior

Posted by: NeoVaris.4806

NeoVaris.4806

Thats still more then about any other class would do in zerker gear. doing 3k+ (to up to 4k) with auto and 12k with whirlwind is perfectly acceptable. And if you can do better then show me numbers and with other class… not warriors

As i recall thief can do great damage as well but is so glassy it wont even live to deal it thats the reason no one wants a thief in the party for end content. now now what will you get me out show me your mats.

Thief (Zerker with Ruby Orbs): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7gWFMUeakg
Thief can hit way higher than that, but I don’t play it enough.

Guardian (Zerker with Scholar Runes) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOKcE07lA2s
Again can hit higher with full party and Frost Spirit

[HC]

in Warrior

kyubi.3620

I do agree thief may do higher damage but are so squishy people are effraid of using them.

As for where the guardian stands you do know that he needs a warrior banner full party buff as well as a frost spirit just to deal that damage (extern dps source) can it do that much damage on its own im doubtfull of it.

even then you want me to believe youl have a full party of guardian, warrior or thieves? I dont see thieves going this high in the fractals tbh. Guardians may reach it but generaly takes on a support role

when i did my mats i wasnt receiving any damage support save from my own buff and a 25 might stack coupled the 25 armor penetration. I wasnt using full ascended gear either im still lacking half my trinkets and im a good 6 critical damage short from one of my ring behing soldier styled (fractals didnt drop anything good that week and i geared my other character as a priority) likely with party support ill reach a good 30k+

‘’Ok your fantastics shouts heals must be awesome at fractal 15.’’
my build is banner tri-regen not shout you must have been looking at the other guy

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Warrior

Posted by: Syde.5961

Syde.5961

Personally, I think zerk warrior is the most viable build to run in a fractal or any dungeon, but fractals especially. At higher levels (i.e. 40+) the mobs have a much larger health pool and deal a hell of a lot more damage. To me the amount of time your taking to kill a mob, if quicker will result in less chances to mess up; if longer, will result in more chances to mess up. Also, higher toughness in a fractal isn’t as useful as more damage, since agony ignores armor and instead deals damage based on a percentage of your health.

Og Salmonder [oT] – Warrior
Stormbluff Isle

in Warrior

kyubi.3620

Personally, I think zerk warrior is the most viable build to run in a fractal or any dungeon, but fractals especially. At higher levels (i.e. 40+) the mobs have a much larger health pool and deal a hell of a lot more damage. To me the amount of time your taking to kill a mob, if quicker will result in less chances to mess up; if longer, will result in more chances to mess up. Also, higher toughness in a fractal isn’t as useful as more damage, since agony ignores armor and instead deals damage based on a percentage of your health.

You wont take agony damage if you dodge well. You should be more concerned about the adds swarming (aka dredge, svanir)

in Warrior

Posted by: Syde.5961

Syde.5961

You wont take agony damage if you dodge well. You should be more concerned about the adds swarming (aka dredge, svanir)

That’s also a point against running toughness in fractals or any dungeon. You won’t take damage in general if you dodge well.

Og Salmonder [oT] – Warrior
Stormbluff Isle

in Warrior

NeoVaris.4806

I do agree thief may do higher damage but are so squishy people are effraid of using them.

As for where the guardian stands you do know that he needs a warrior banner full party buff as well as a frost spirit just to deal that damage (extern dps source) can it do that much damage on its own im doubtfull of it.

even then you want me to believe youl have a full party of guardian, warrior or thieves? I dont see thieves going this high in the fractals tbh. Guardians may reach it but generaly takes on a support role

when i did my mats i wasnt receiving any damage support save from my own buff and a 25 might stack coupled the 25 armor penetration. I wasnt using full ascended gear either im still lacking half my trinkets and im a good 6 critical damage short from one of my ring behing soldier styled (fractals didnt drop anything good that week and i geared my other character as a priority) likely with party support ill reach a good 30k+

‘’Ok your fantastics shouts heals must be awesome at fractal 15.’’
my build is banner tri-regen not shout you must have been looking at the other guy

Warrior doesn’t just get 25 stacks out of thin air either…you will only have 8 (or 11 with sigil of battle). Also ascended doesn’t boost your DPS by a huge deal, I run a 30/25 build on a warrior with full zerker and still get higher numbers than you in solo situations.

[HC]

(edited by NeoVaris.4806)

in Warrior

kyubi.3620

because you got 30 point in strenght that i dont as well as 15 in the last spec. This of course gives you a serious increase in dps but you pay it high with the loss of adrenaline regeneration as well as the regeneration buff

I dodge bosses and most strike but i like to be able to keep my health high from constant healing. If a ele already proc regeneration or if we gain it from another source i can always shift to shout way instead of banner way and go shake it off/for great justice to increase the party healing further. I dont think your build is actualy able to do anything else then doing damage.

Of course if you got other support in your party to carry your health bar good for you but I know that in general pugs wont have this kind of setting. Idm running 30 25 0 0 15. When in an organised team because a support style teamate (such as staff guardian or elementalist) will carry for everyone health bar.

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Warrior

blessing nosferatu.3784

You are nto even playing axe on weapon swap.
With your build you are doing 25k 100b every 10 secs then aa with gs.
NICE DPS

[rT]

in Warrior

kyubi.3620

You are nto even playing axe on weapon swap.
With your build you are doing 25k 100b every 10 secs then aa with gs.
NICE DPS

dps is irelevent and thats way past the point as for axe i do have it amonst my weapon set when i need raw damage but ill generaly use mace because of the free extra block. i dont think its called AA its more like whirlwind then rush. I rarely actualy do AA or have the time for it. if i dont weapon swap between its likely ill do AA for about 3 to 4 second at worse.

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Warrior

NeoVaris.4806

Well than taking into account 25 stacks and fury for guardian they already out-dps your build

[HC]

in Warrior

blessing nosferatu.3784

dps is irrilevant.
enjoy your 40 minutes dungeons runs or 3 hours fractals as you prefer but stop spreading misleading informations saying that your build can out dps every prof in full zerk .

[rT]

in Warrior

kyubi.3620

dps is irrilevant.
enjoy your 40 minutes dungeons runs or 3 hours fractals as you prefer but stop spreading misleading informations saying that your build can out dps every prof in full zerk .

i didnt say i outdps every prof but i likely still outdps mesmer ranger enginer necro and most guardian and elementalist wich btway will not always spec for damage. point is to deal acceptable damage to be somewhat above the average while supporting the team. Up to you to have your belief but im strongly against glass cannon in a team. Mainly because as i said before Glass cannon generaly needs to be ’’carried’’ by a support to keep its full effectiveness without behing constantly put on the ground and that pugs will not always have a support.

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Warrior

blessing nosferatu.3784

“Thats still more then about any other class would do in zerker gear.”

[rT]

in Warrior

kyubi.3620

“Thats still more then about any other class would do in zerker gear.”

it indeed is for a good majority of the possible spec people will play in a party. I dont recall spreading information about the fact of having a supportive style warrior as actualy behing misleading because its an usefull build and I actualy even think we need more of those.

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Warrior

Adam.4103

dps is irrilevant.

i didnt say i outdps every prof but i likely still outdps mesmer ranger enginer necro and most guardian and elementalist wich btway will not always spec for damage. point is to deal acceptable damage to be somewhat above the average while supporting the team. Up to you to have your belief but im strongly against glass cannon in a team. Mainly because as i said before Glass cannon generaly needs to be ’’carried’’ by a support to keep its full effectiveness without behing constantly put on the ground and that pugs will not always have a support.

Actually all of those classes running a proper dps spec will out damage your terrible build.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in Warrior

kyubi.3620

dps is irrilevant.

Actually all of those classes running a proper dps spec will out damage your terrible build.

I dont think so beside this wasnt made to be a full dps build either. If i realy wanna run a full glass cannon i run my mesmer. Also you judge by believing only dps is the viable path. Likely youve never actualy did a support role in your life, Its not because warriors can pull top damage that they necesarily needs to only spec as such.

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Warrior

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

All classes out dps that spec when built properly. Warrior is average in terms of dps when group is all buffed up. Ele, thief, guardian and necro can all out dps a warrior.

in Warrior

kyubi.3620

All classes out dps that spec when built properly. Warrior is average in terms of dps when group is all buffed up. Ele, thief, guardian and necro can all out dps a warrior.

all those spec also can go as support save for the thief. Im just saying running the warrior damage meta is not the only viable path and that people should actualy think their build over past the concept of dps alone.

in Warrior

blessing nosferatu.3784

They are not saying that you don’t need support but a good team has defensive support (relfects,protection,aegis etc) while playing a full dps gear.

[rT]

in Warrior

kyubi.3620

They are not saying that you don’t need support but a good team has defensive support (relfects,protection,aegis etc) while playing a full dps gear.

Who said i wasnt running in full zerker?

in Warrior

blessing nosferatu.3784

in build calculator armor and trinkets are knight.

[rT]

in Warrior

kyubi.3620

in your build calculator your armor and trinkets are knight.

i didnt post any build calculator you read the wrong guy. Thats ronnie

in Warrior

blessing nosferatu.3784

fair enough but we are talking about that build

[rT]

in Warrior

blessing nosferatu.3784

your in full zerk and do less dps than any other prof in full zerk i don’t see the point about your build then.

[rT]

in Warrior

kyubi.3620

I do agree however that your build ronnie should actualy edge toward full zerker if you aint traiting toward buffing partywide or heavy self regeneration. There is little point to a tank who does nothing else then tanking in GW2. shouts are cool but take to much space in the spell bar in comparison to a single banner. You also loosing most of your dps not having 0 20 0 0 0 from missing the master greatsword trait. As for armor you need to run critical damage weither it is with partial valkiry (less precision more health) or full zerker (glass cannon path) some trinket will exchange valkiry health for toughtness in the ascended cathegory but try to at least have about 30+ critical chance (70% when buffed is great but if you can hit 50 youl still be somewhat fine)

in Warrior

kyubi.3620

your in full zerk and do less dps than any other prof in full zerk i don’t see the point about your build then.

support… plain and simple im still close to the armor cap even as zerker and i do partywide healing and buffing as well as having increased rez speed. Tactic warrior are exelent for those purpose.

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Warrior

Spoj The Second.7680

You can support with full dps specs. Support comes in the form of the utility you bring not how you build. You can build to improve certain supportive utilities and effects but most of the time its more detrimental to do that than to just build dps and take supportive utitilies.

in Warrior

Adam.4103

support… plain and simple

Support better provided by guardians with a dps setup. Warriors are only taken in PvE for their offensive buffs, without them you’re less valuable than any other class really.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in Warrior

kyubi.3620

support… plain and simple

Support better provided by guardians with a dps setup. Warriors are only taken in PvE for their offensive buffs, without them you’re less valuable than any other class really.

Banner of discipline and mass rez banner, couple that with partywide regeneration is actualy exelent for the team. now now if no other warrior i may even go full banner and reserve one of my signet to endurance

note: youl generaly need 3 warrior just to do that.

in Warrior

Spoj The Second.7680

You dont need regen and you certainly dont need to trait banners.

in Warrior

blessing nosferatu.3784

A full dps war can play banner of discipline and warbanner as well

[rT]

in Warrior

kyubi.3620

Again with the glorification of the damage. Seriously if everything in this game was about damage half the builds would be rejected from the moment youd get into the fractals. It aint the case. Behing the last man standing also holds some meaning when it comes to party survival because the ’’tanky’’ guy will always be the one to revive the glass cannons who constantly dies of aoe they wont dodge in time.

i can assure you that going full dps its kind of unlikely youl be that ‘’last standing’’ guy and that its kind of unlikely a thief with refuge will save your party should i get close to wiping mainly because you wont pick one.

in Warrior

Adam.4103

PvE is all about damage in this game, the entire game is a dps race. There is no reason for any tanky builds and if you can’t run the meta setups then it’s matter of getting better at the game plain and simple. All the support you need in PvE can be provided by full dps specs.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in Warrior

blessing nosferatu.3784

Last man standing means nothing.

[rT]

in Warrior

NeoVaris.4806

Again with the glorification of the damage. Seriously if everything in this game was about damage half the builds would be rejected from the moment youd get into the fractals. It aint the case. Behing the last man standing also holds some meaning when it comes to party survival because the ’’tanky’’ guy will always be the one to revive the glass cannons who constantly dies of aoe they wont dodge in time.

i can assure you that going full dps its kind of unlikely youl be that ‘’last standing’’ guy and that its kind of unlikely a thief with refuge will save your party should i get close to wiping mainly because you wont pick one.

I’ve seen plenty of times when a full zerker just soloed the boss after a near wipe…(especially lupicus)

[HC]

in Warrior

kyubi.3620

Good luck finding that in a pug. Reality is that about 99% of the player cant run that build and that altrought i do can run it I more then often end up behing prey to my team behing unable to survive long enought to get the job done. How do i die? because i try to ressurect those guys (glass cannons mainly who have no clue how to dodge) who cant stay up by themselves.

Rezing people in the middle of a battle takes its toll on your attention and its always sad to survive the whole fight then get shot by lupicus while trying to rez some unfortunate dude who got kitten d by his shadow charge.

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Warrior

blessing nosferatu.3784

You don’t need to find it you need to be it.

[rT]

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Fractals lvl 20.
Had a bad team wipe where guardian survived. Guardian w/ scepter solo’ed zerker/firestorm.

Ignore any conjecture that D.P.S is all you need. My example alone shows the tortoise bet the hare in that particular race.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

Arena net isnt a fan of glass cannon and youl likely see a lot of new encounter and fix made for the sole purpose of making them feel uncomfortable in the future. btway going full dps isnt the only way to play warrior and 30 25 0 0 15 is prety much only viable with great sword.
I run 0 25 15 30 0 and the healing banners actualy does a perfect job not to mention how easy it is to switch gear and trait for about any single weapon in the game. Id advise you not to run glass cannon great sword in fractals if you actualy hate armor repairs because you gunna spend a lot of time at the little broken red shield if you run that.
A good credo for fractal should be to balance your stat and gear in order to be optimal in every situation because no you wont always be on the DPS seat in fractals of the mist.
Just dont forget to bring in the critical damage banner

Now now i dont know about you but i like to have tri-regen on my warrior. Couple that with enought damage to outclass anything but a full damage warrior and youl be fine in Fotm

wichever build you use you always need at least 0 20 0 0 0 to be able to use greatsword effectively when necesary.

You simply have no idea what you’re talking about.