Warrior class is poorly designed and forces you into specific specs/stats to be relevant.

Warrior class is poorly designed and forces you into specific specs/stats to be relevant.

in Warrior

Posted by: dre.8973

dre.8973

Our traits are crap, most of them don’t even work.

We have crap survivability

GS skills sometimes dont work

Whirlwind attack and Rush 50% of the time don’t do damage.

We have 0 cc control unless we are in melee while other classes can pull and push you from range.

How is it normal for a thief to be able to simply just pull you off a ledge from range and kill you.

our range dps is garbage, our melee dps requires us to use up all of our support slots to use control skills to be able to land our melee dps which makes us glass canons.

Toughness and armor does nothing, i have over 2.7k armor and thiefs still melee me for 5-6k with heartseeker.

Roots = GG.

I went full healing exotic gear to test out healing/vit stats and you gain about 20-30 more hp on your healing for 700 healing stats…

so if you want damage you die in 3 hits, if you want to be tanky it doesnt matter because classes still hit you for insane damage.

only way to get a pvp kill on a warrior is to use bullrush+frenzy combo but half the time bullrush fails and you end up going over your target doing nothing while you’re taking 50% more damage.

most of the WvW fights by warriors are spent either going in for 1-2 range shots only to be outranged for 4-5k by other ranged then pulling out, or sitting idle in the back of the pack waiting for something to overextend, last i checked the warrior was supposed to be the muscle and shield of an army while the range provided cover and damage, not glass canons with 0 defensive ability.

So now you’re going to tell me, just go mace shield and full tank spec.

ok i did. for 5 hours i tried different specs in spvp and wvw and it was me being able to tank 4 ppl for 30 seconds before my cds went down and i died leaving 0 dmg behind.

nearly 20g wasted on gear combinations / specs / weapon testing ( all exotic ) and it comes down to being forced into a spec to be present or to go full support and lay down banners then /dance during a zerg.

in PVE, at 80 with full exotics i can’t go a dps spec without being shut down by more than 2 mobs at a time during events even with a shield combo.

our Elites are horrible, signet of rage is the only thing worth akittenall the other elites are trash meanwhile a thief has a whirlwind that makes him immune to damage and i cant reflect that, and mesmers ’ skills are broken and spell reflect doesnt work on their skills.

This class needs work and not just bug reports, and yeah i know a lot of classes have issues like the necro with over 100 bugs..

but these are THE CLASSES WE PLAY – its not a dynamic event or a TP bug here its thekittencharacter you use, thats the #1 most important aspect of an mmo and should be the TOP PRIORITY FOCUS when handling bugs/flaws. Some of these bugs where reported 3 months ago during the BETAS and still have not been fixed yet.

I do not want to reroll another character and invest the time and money because it’s broken and performs better than my class i enjoy the warrior but it needs SERIOUS work and revamping for it to be relevant in wvw and pvp.

my lvl 36 elementalist does 2k critdmg / auto attack, my full exotic lvl 80 warrior does that but requires me to be in melee range while my ranged does 300-400 dmg / hit…

in Warrior

Posted by: GettCouped.7846

GettCouped.7846

What is this?
15 charrrrrrrrr

in Warrior

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

i have a few things to say about this.
first of all, you don’t take 2 dps weapon sets at the same time, imo you either take longbow, rifle, or mace/shield for a secondary weapon set.

second thing, if you want to be tanky, don’t expect to give out damage, lasting for 30 seconds while being focused is quite good especially since the warrior is more of an offensive soldier class, if you wanted true survivability with a heavy armor class then go with guardian.

third, warriors have really nice CCs, the sword mainhand is by far the best chasing weapon i’ve seen, the burst skill immobilizes, skill 2 leaps a really big distance, and #3 skill cripples, and if you take throw bolas you can effectively snare an opponent indefinitely.

fourth, ranged weapons, to do dmg with rifle you need to be power/crit/cd geared, but don’t expect to be as powerful as a ranger either, you’re a heavy class with more HP and the burst skill even has more range than the ranger; As for the bow, it’s primarily a support weapon, i suggest you take it with banners and defensive secondary set.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I don’t even know where to begin, so I’ll end with this:

Play a different class. Warrior could use some tweaks, but it’s ultra fun.

And take some personal responsibility for your apparent lack of performance.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Paragonkid.4602

Paragonkid.4602

“Our traits are crap, most of them don’t even work.”

Agreed. But the lame ones can be improved and the broken ones can be fixed.

“We have crap survivability”

Agreed. Presently our heavy armor is for show. Building defensively is not viable or an advantage. It doesn’t improve your survivability more than it hurts your damage. The only viable warrior is designed aorund “kill them first and fast before they kill you.”

“GS skills sometimes dont work”

Agreed. But they said they are being worked on.

“Whirlwind attack and Rush 50% of the time don’t do damage.”

See above.

“We have 0 cc control unless we are in melee while other classes can pull and push you from range.”

Agreed. In addition, aside from damage all we have is cc and it doesn’t even work on Champions. We bring next to nothing to the fight.

“How is it normal for a thief to be able to simply just pull you off a ledge from range and kill you.”

That sounds like it should be a red flag.

“our range dps is garbage, our melee dps requires us to use up all of our support slots to use control skills to be able to land our melee dps which makes us glass canons.”

Agreed.

“Toughness and armor does nothing, i have over 2.7k armor and thiefs still melee me for 5-6k with heartseeker.”

As I said already, agreed.

“I went full healing exotic gear to test out healing/vit stats and you gain about 20-30 more hp on your healing for 700 healing stats…”

Agreed. Warriors shouldn’t have to take additional healing stats on their gear to heal from the damage their armor should be mitigating in the first place. We wear magical plate for a reason.

“so if you want damage you die in 3 hits, if you want to be tanky it doesnt matter because classes still hit you for insane damage.”

Agreed. Not to mention even if you build tanky it doesn’t matter because biggest DPS is what pulls aggro anyways. Again, all Warrior roads lead to being a glass cannon/fragile speedster.

“only way to get a pvp kill on a warrior is to use bullrush+frenzy combo but half the time bullrush fails and you end up going over your target doing nothing while you’re taking 50% more damage.”

Agreed.

“So now you’re going to tell me, just go mace shield and full tank spec.”

In my experience is that’s really no better.

“nearly 20g wasted on gear combinations / specs / weapon testing ( all exotic ) and it comes down to being forced into a spec to be present or to go full support and lay down banners then /dance during a zerg.”

No, banners are really terrible too. Shouts are really the best option, but being the best of the bad doesn’t make you good.

“our Elites are horrible, signet of rage is the only thing worth akittenall the other elites are trash meanwhile a thief has a whirlwind that makes him immune to damage and i cant reflect that, and mesmers ’ skills are broken and spell reflect doesnt work on their skills.”

Agreed. Warrior Elites are all trash with the exception of signet, which is merely mediocre.

“This class needs work and not just bug reports, and yeah i know a lot of classes have issues like the necro with over 100 bugs..

but these are THE CLASSES WE PLAY – its not a dynamic event or a TP bug here its thekittencharacter you use, thats the #1 most important aspect of an mmo and should be the TOP PRIORITY FOCUS when handling bugs/flaws. Some of these bugs where reported 3 months ago during the BETAS and still have not been fixed yet."

Do like me: shelve your warrior. Give it a couple months and see if things improve and if they don’t, move on. Trust me, I’ve seen in every game; one class gets labled to be the chewtoy, it’s usually one of the melee ones, and it doesn’t stop until the problem becomes chronic.

Most of what you say is true, but you may want to present it a little better in the future.

(edited by Paragonkid.4602)

in Warrior

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

I am not a GS warrior so on that side I have no comments except I hope any glitches or issues are resolved sometime soon.

I agree that our elites are in general a little meh. The signet is a good one but the 2nd one is decent but takes too long to summon and even when it does it’s circle of effect is too small to be worth akittenwhen movement is key to the game. The third is a joke it should have allowed us to use or weapons and created us into a scary huge raging damaging machine instead it turns us into a raging joke.

However I don’t feel my warrior is a wet tissue. Am I an unmovable object? No. But that doesn’t mean I am super easy to kill and I still can kill things too.

I can only say the more I play the more I can get used to things and adjust to issues. If the issues are fixed when that comes around my skills will be even better due to my adjustments.

However play another character and see where they are in comparison of the Warrior.

My character is my main and will remain so for the game.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kreedz.8127

Kreedz.8127

@ OP… and a lot of other Warriors who seem to think like this.

You obviously have not spent enough time exploring the possibilities of your class.

Using the following build I am quite tanky while still doing a respectable amount of damage.

COPY/PASTE FOLLOWING LINK.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQJAnejgOJvxOGPMxBE0Ds4KEQjCjIIUKoD3A;TwAg0CnoAyAkAILQOgkANy4QwjgpIA

The spec is set up for SPvP but also works great in WvW.

Replace the runes with whatever you feel fits your playstyle better. Majority Pow/Pre/CritDmg Gear supplemented with Pow/Tuf/Vit pieces/accessories.

I have left the second weapon slot free for personal preferrence, I suggest Rifle for more Control/Ranged Damage, Greatsword for Mobility, and Axe/Axe for greater burst.

in Warrior

Posted by: dre.8973

dre.8973

so you pretty much just reinforced my statement that you are forced into a build because everything is crap.

i tried that spec and it is NOT VIABLE in WvW.

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

You tried it, failed, and consider it not viable.

Sounds about par for the course. Couldn’t be that you were doing it wrong.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kreedz.8127

Kreedz.8127

I’ll fraps a video of my success with the build tonight or tomorrow and post it here if I remember, but I assure you my build works just fine and pretty much stomps ranged classes if you use your CD’s correctly.

What seperates a good Warrior from an average Warrior is not how much you know about YOUR class, but how much you know about OTHER classes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Abapolo.4179

Abapolo.4179

100% agreed.
i believe most of our problems come from the skills bugs.
as a professions that needs to get exposed in order to hit some1 significantly (i mean stay at the front), our skills and traits shouldn’t fail us. as they do, we die.

“shelve your warrior. Give it a couple months and see if things improve and if they don’t, move on.”

yea, sounds like the best we can do for now.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sir Richter Belmont.3258

Sir Richter Belmont.3258

i have read the build posted by “Kreedz.8127” its not bad, but i am not going to try it myself as i am not a pvp person, and i aint wasting money on changing to it. though personally i think it lacks a bit more CC, for PvE as i am a Hardcore PvEr

as for you Dre, i would have to say, you got one of two options as i can see it like it or not,

i am not going to answer everything like Rapid did, because as i can see you don’t know how to play GS at all, as it stands and everyone agrees that Warriors are Glass cannon no matter how you build them, so might as well utlize them that way. go with the rule of the jungle kill before you get killed.

every weapon for the warr has a CC which is slow except for mace = stun, longbow = root, shield = stun. play your warrior longer and figure out how to play the class and stop flaming, the thing i dont like is glass behind the heavy armor no matter the build, but i like the dmg since i am getting an elite with one combo from full to half and no other class can do it is good with me,

in Warrior

Posted by: aaradun.7630

aaradun.7630

Most class have broken traits, go play a necro and you’ll see how not broken warrior traits are.

You must be doing something wrong, sure if you chew too much you’ll regardless of the class. But generally i can easily take 3-4 level 80 mobs with no problem as a sword + axe specced warrior

GS skills sometimes dont work
it’s not that they don’t work, they get evaded or your not close enough or that npc moved and avoided it.

Whirlwind attack and Rush 50% of the time don’t do damage.
Whirlwind that is due to the mechanics, it’s possible that the swing will miss as you move away from the npc and the npc move. This taken into consideration, as for rush for me it work 100% of the time as long as i’m actually in range to the mob. The problem with rush is it unlike other skill it doesnt’ tell you if your in range or not (and that’s a bug i think)

We have 0 cc control

we have several just that you think WARRIOR only use great swords and guns. Bow has snares, sword has stun + snare, hammer is for CC really so if you want to CC use that or mace/shield

our range dps is garbage
i agree for the range dps being low on solo target, but if you have several mobs it its really high. combustive shots + 2 and 3 skill does a lot of damage

Toughness and armor does nothing,
Can’t say if it does anything, i went mainly vit/condition damage so i can’t confirm but really didn’t see the need to go full toughness.

I went full healing exotic gear to test
i know healing does make a difference with healing signet

so if you want damage you die in 3 hits
unless i get 5+ i rarely die unless i goof up. But i most of my DPS is from condition. IE: if full adrenaline, open up with bow F1, switch to sword, savage leap to get combo finisher, whirling axe to build adrenaline, and finish up with sword F1 if they not dead by then. Generally the Bow F1 + whirling axe will kill most of them quickly.

If things gets tricky (IE: health getting low). I just run around and let the mob die from the dots while i use healing skill.

I also have the 100% out downed state when using revenge after killing something that helps when it gets tricky.

Warriors really does have issues but they not that bad, they actually can kill a lot of mobs fast you just need to actually learn to switch weapon to facilitate things. Combustive shots is op if you use it well as it does 200-300 dmg per tick and is a combo field so if you use a combo finisher after using it then that helps a lot too.

P.S right now i’m mainly in +find runes and +find jewerly/accessory so my dps is kitten some and i can easily take 3-4 mobs without much issue.

in Warrior

Posted by: Paragonkid.4602

Paragonkid.4602

“second thing, if you want to be tanky, don’t expect to give out damage, lasting for 30 seconds while being focused is quite good especially since the warrior is more of an offensive soldier class, if you wanted true survivability with a heavy armor class then go with guardian.”

First, if that is the case the Warrior has no business wearing heavy armor and being called a Soldier class. They should be in the Adventurers with the Thief. In that case, why even have Warriors?

Second, there is no ‘tanky’ way to be a Warrior. That is a large part of them problem. You can spend points and gear however you like, there are only two outcomes: ‘high damage and doesn’t last long in combat’ and ‘low damage and doesn’t last long in combat’. Plus anything in between.

Third, since there are so many people with the same complaints about Warriors, to me that’s a sign that the problem is with Warriors and not the people. People expect a heavy armor class to reflect that it is heavily armored. They expect a similar level of flexibility as they find in other Professions. If their expectations are not being met, who’s at fault? I’m going to say ‘not the ones spending the money’. The game works for us, not the other way around.

Fourth, anecdotally Warriors are the profession I’ve seen have the hardest drop off since launch. I’ve seen a shift in people dropping them for Guardians and I’ve seen it expressed in so many words in game chat. Of the people on my friends list who are melee enthusiasts and rolled Warriors, over half have dropped them by level 80 citing the fact they did not mature well at all.

Like I said, I’ve shelved my Warrior until further notice; I’m not as quick on the delete key. But Anet says they don’t intend to do any balancing for a while, so I have no reason to sink any more time into it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I’m rolling a warrior because they are an amazing class.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

I rolled a warrior and couldn’t be happier with the decision.

in Warrior

Posted by: Poizie.5187

Poizie.5187

Carefully read the post and concluded the OP is a troll.

variations of Poiz – Talons [BT] – Fort Aspenwood

in Warrior

Posted by: TinyHowie.3946

TinyHowie.3946

I may not be objective enough since my warrior is still at low level, but my main guardian doesn’t get much survivability either if I don’t pull out my shield and tank skills. Yes the high level thief in WvW managed to cut my health down to 15% in 5 sec but I managed to pull back up with a big heal and I’m specced in there.

I can say this pve wise, my warrior killed 3 times faster than my guardian while losing health 2 times faster, it makes up. My warrior is dual wielding main hand sword and off hand axe, with longbow secondary. Longbow for warrior the way I see it is for group pvp support, not for solo pvp. Pick rifle if you wish to 1v1 blow him up when he pulled distance, the damage is insanely impressive, even almost on par with my p/p s/d thief at same level.

All classes have very bugged traits and skills. You gotta wait til they fixed them, but warrior is not much worse then other classes. Be patient, improvise and take advantage of skill combos. All in all the design was ok, and you don’t know what glass cannon really is until you played a thief or elementalist.

in Warrior

Posted by: Aurie.2340

Aurie.2340

All in all the design was ok, and you don’t know what glass cannon really is until you played a thief or elementalist.

No one plays elementalist as a glass cannon unless they’re ridiculous at it or it’s WvW showering people with 103% crit damage, and thieves can instagib most classes with mechanics that make it harder to predict(stealth > haste > pistol whip > pistol whip pretty much dead. Or just spam heartseeker.) Not saying that’s a bad thing at all. I just think warriors are all too predictable. If you dodge the bull charge everyone’s favorite greatsword combo is useless.

However, if you flank/surprise your enemy you can do some real damage. I’ve started initiations in WvW more times than I can count.. Say 20 people are messing up a structure you own and they’re all grouped together real nice on the gate. Attack from a side and do Signet of fury/signet of rage > Combustive Shot > arcing arrow for aoe might/burst > switch to sword/axe > press 2 on sword for leap combo/pop balanced stance/endure pain > spin with axe for whirl. Congratulations you have done a triple self combo! If you have anywhere near decent gear you’ve probably killed 5-6 people by yourself. When endure pain runs out if you’re being heavily targeted dodge away and use your sword 2 to get out, or simply walk through your structure portal while your team finishes off an easy battle! :p

As far as spvp goes I’ve ran dual axe/sword and shield since day one, and have never had any trouble doing so. If you learn what other classes rely on to deal damage and dodge/interrupt those abilities it’s cake to kill just about anyone.

PvE… Dodge better/stay behind mobs and learn when ranged is a better option for a fight.

All I have to say about warriors is.. If you’re complaining about them being under powered, you’re not playing them right. Or maybe you’re not playing them at all, since warrior pretty much has the most choices for “viable” builds among all of the classes.

Edited the elementalist part. There are a few good glass cannon ele’s out there. however few that number may be.

(edited by Aurie.2340)

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

Game is new and incredibly massive, honestly I am surprised at how little bugs are there for such a massive game.

LOL? Dude with my build I can tank over 7 – 10 people at once in WvW, can do almost every dungeon encounter in pure melee without touching the floor once while making my team mates live longer and in SPvP…nothing can’t kill me, unless heavily ganged I can take anything on one on one and sometimes 2 on one, except guardians, can’t kill me and they can’t kill me either lol, proved as I went one on one against one and neither of us ever went under 60% hp.

GS skills sometimes don’t work

Wut? They work fine for me, sometimes targeting system makes rush make me go the wrong way, but all the rest work perfectly fine for me, in fact whirlwind and that throwing sword thing are my person faves.

Our range dps is garbage

Lol? Tried a rifle? I bet not. Cause seriously rifle hits almost as hard as a GS and if used correctly it can make a ranger opponent feel some extra pain, yet I rather deal with ranged classes in a more tactical way.

As for CC

Dude warrior got trucks of cc, is stupid how much control we can have over a target, also remember in melee people won’t stand there and wait for you to do a HB noob sausage combo on them, they will dodge and move and is up to YOU to stop sucking and complaining and start playing like a man. Unless you want the future of MMOs to be like Final Fantasy in the old 90’s lol.

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

Today I saw a warrior in WvWvW that I knew was Frenzy Blades comboing, so I targeted him and waited with my hammer. I waited, and waited, and finally the surge was started to put us on the defensive and he came looking for stragglers. I knew exactly who he was going to target as he started running out, so I put an Earthshaker AoE right on top of my teammate. He charges, I hop in and stun, and he runs back behind his own lines for another 60 seconds.

That’s the type of person playing warrior, and it makes me sad. It’s the type of person saying there are no options, and also the type of person arguing that 100B needs a nerf. Predictable, and completely lacking in imagination.

EDIT – @Aurie, kudos on that combo. I’m not very partial to the longbow myself, preferring to bide my time and leap in with hammer CC. However, it sounds amazing, and I do hope I see it from someone at some point. Maybe I’ll just try it myself if enough time passes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Chipster.6713

Chipster.6713

Your lvl 36 elementalist does not crit for 2k autoattack. That’s just bull….

in Warrior

Posted by: incisorr.9502

incisorr.9502

This thread is a joke. Everything you said is wrong.

Warrior has better traits than most classes, reroll and see for yourself.

Whirlwind and Rush attack do damage, its the lag that bugs it out sometimes , also people actually dodge and have invulnerability skills you know?

Warrior has the most knockbacks / knockdowns / stuns in the game, l2p?

Warrior has the 2nd most stability skills in the game to prevent being pushed.

Warrior has a trait which makes all mobility skills break root, + a skill that cures root + 2 utilities that can cure debuffs. Mobiltiy skills = savage leap, whirlwind, rush, earthshaker ,eviscerate and such

Your range dps is crap? Funny how i did a 17k dmg killshot with my fun rifle build in spvp, and in world it could go up to 25k if i invested in it.

However, it is true warriors are overall weaker than most classes, just not for the things you said.

in Warrior

Posted by: Barzah.8019

Barzah.8019

Your range dps is crap? Funny how i did a 17k dmg killshot with my fun rifle build in spvp, and in world it could go up to 25k if i invested in it.

17k kill shot hardly exist unless your hitting other low lv warior with furry buff (mine does 14k though).

in Warrior

Posted by: Mexay.4521

Mexay.4521

I…

bu-

But I… how can you…

But…

Okay. Give me a moment. I need to get my head around this.

What you’re saying is, is that the Warrior is a bad class?

Bro, you’re doing it wrong.

I run Greatsword + Longbow. As stated above, the GS skills are because of something moving and they are also working on this.
The longbow is actually a very useful weapon. It has a MASSIVE Burning field. It has a big AoE hit. it has burning. It has blind (oh my god. The blind on it. So useful) and t has a 3/5 second imob. The greatsword is amazing in every way.

I run a ++power, + Vit + crit damage set. I can survive with about 5 mobs, given my 26k health. I also have an extremely high damage output. especially when I pop On My Mark along with my Signet of Rage. Looking at about a 9 – 14k 100b depending on how much vulnerability I’v got up from my auto attack.

There is plenty of good traits, but I can agree that there could be some improvements, especially at the 30 line. I don’t have 30 in a single line and my highest is 20 for the Sweet Revenge trait (extremely useful in a stressful situation and has been the difference between a wipe in Arah and surviving).

Our amount of CC is actually quite high. You have the Hammer. You have Stomp, Bolas, Bulls Charge, Kick, Throw Greatsword (extremely good if you add the 1 sec imob trait), all the other imob skills on different weapons. Just to name a few.

If you want survivability, I suggest Endure Pain. Despite the long CD, it’s very useful when Mending is on CD and you only have about 5k health left.

You also need to take a look at many of your minor traits. There is some really nice ones there.

You’re just playing your class wrong, bro.

Mexay Lathyre – Level 80 Warrior Greatsword/Longbow

Still waiting on Customer Support. #121025-001252