Warrior for PvE, Sword/Shield

in Warrior

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Hey guys
I’m planning to use a build for WvW with the following trait composition, 10/0/30/30/0, and to avoid switching traits from WvW and PvE I thought in maintaining the build but go full Zerker for PvE content.
Could you guys, that play Warrior way more than I do, tell me if this can do for general PvE content (Dgn’s, Fractals till lvl 30, more than that not worth for me, World bosses, etc):

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAseRjgOtvZPuQMxBA0jrqaLThfSPCjs1A-jkxAYLBxkXR0YLuFRjVtgpcJiq9GYyAoPBA-w

Now, I love the Sword/Shield looks, can I maintain that for PvE, even if I change build? I like that look because I’m used to play Tank in other MMO’s so I’m used to the Shield with Sword or even Mace so this is why I want to play with a Shield in this game too. But from between Warrior and Guardian, Warrior is the one that have best Shield skills.
This is not hard questions but since I don’t even have my Warrior at 80 yet I would like to see if it is still worth lvling it or just go for my Guardian, because if this isn’t good I will problably not lvl up this class till 80, and if I do it will be in a long-time period

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Warrior

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Shield is absolutely worthless in PvE. Everything it does, offhand Sword does better.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

in Warrior

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Shield is absolutely worthless in PvE. Everything it does, offhand Sword does better.

This.

The stun is next to useless, as it’s single target. Shield has a block that has double the CD of the Sword for such a minor increase in duration. Also 5% damage less ’cause no Dual Wielding.

Sword/Shield is much better on a Guardian than a Warrior – although Shield still isn’t so good, but at least the Sword is.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Warrior

mPascoal.4258

So, why does this game even have a shiled if it is just useless with the main classes? This build wouldn’t work in PvE?
Did you guys at least read what I said atfer the link?

in Warrior

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

This is a time when you have to ask yourself if being optimal/efficient is more important than aesthetics. There is no right or wrong answer, so long as you are aware of the implications of the choice.

As far as the build goes, you can run a sword mainhand most effectively in pve with a 20/30/0/0/20 with a full zerker, full rampager, or a mix.

Alternative you can go full conditions and use a S/S+longbow build with full Rabid gear and undead runes.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

in Warrior

mPascoal.4258

What about the mace? Or Axe? Are those viable choices for PvE if I want to keep the Shield?
This is me problably missing the trinity though …

in Warrior

Posted by: Blacksky.4813

Blacksky.4813

I run sword and shield/rifle and actually play a support build warrior. I enjoy the build and found it great for map roaming in PvE and some what functional in PvP/WvW.

Given don’t run fractals above about 15 lvl and any dungeons I do are pugs. I don’t do speed runs and I never join a group that is looking for a zerk warrior. I spend most of my game time doing open world roaming and wvw.

The build I run is 0/25/15/30/0. With my tactics talents going into the Regen Banners.
I run with the Rubicon Armor (love the look of the armor especially when it is dyed all black) it is a mix of toughness, vitality, healing and condition damage stats. I use a mixture of Dire/Shaman type accessories and weapons.

The main focus of the build is to stand and take a beating, while staking bleeds on the target and wearing them down. Currently my banners heal for about 21k per 30 seconds, mixing that with healing signet and the defends skill health ticks, I can solo most open world champions with minimal dodging. If things get bad, I can get defensive with my shield, or I simply roll out of combat, conduct a rifle switch and let the auto shots keep the bleed stacks up until I get my health back up to go back in.

I have actually had much more success with this build pugging dungeons, when most of the time no one is doing any kind of serious healing. The ticks on my banner regen usually seems to do enough healing to keep the group standing in tough fights. And the buffs from banners are about the best a warrior can bring.

I have a full Zerk set and I will actually put it on with a proper build for FoTM or guild events were I actually am expected to fill a role. I just simply don’t find the play style enjoyable.

And I’ll head this off:
No, I don’t want to level and play a guardian/elemental/… I like my warrior, just not Zerking.

No, I don’t care that it is not the optimal build. I just don’t.

No, I don’t think I am “wasting” four other players time by running a non-zerk build in dungeons, because I never represent myself as a Zerk Warrior. I am a support/condition warrior and will happily drop group if that is a problem.

(edited by Blacksky.4813)