Warrior has highest hps in the game

in Warrior

Posted by: Mell.4873

Mell.4873

Some classes may beat it but becouse this is largly passive it trumps any casted healing spell.
So its simple
banner regen provides 130 hps
Adrenal health: 120 hps
Healing Signet: 200 hps
So thats 450 hps with no cast time (I guess the banner is)

I have all the heals here.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuAXA8GRArcRdHl5UWlZeF9tWVlISjJ2cnZCeHJ6eEE

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Yeah, but what do you have to sacrifice to get these results?

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Mell.4873

Yeah, but what do you have to sacrifice to get these results?

Most of the trait tree isn’t that helpful. I would recommend grabbing forceful great sword trait.
But if i can survive a ridiculous amount of agony because of my Regen my dps doesn’t really mater. i mean with this build you can stay in combat with your might stacking greatsword for a longer period.
the main point is that this is technically the tankiest class.

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Hypothetically this is true.

In practice its not.

fight any high end tPvP team and you’ll basically be a liability.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Mell.4873

In practice its not.

Unless u wanted to be a bunker. The main risk here is poison so pvp is not a good place for this. but fractals and pve are perfect.

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

In practice its not.

Unless u wanted to be a bunker. The main risk here is poison so pvp is not a good place for this. but fractals and pve are perfect.

Warriors cant be bunkers currently. They aren’t viable in that role.

Ontop of that, regen doesn’t work very well overall unless you can couple it with protection (which warriors don’t have access to).

Not to mention that any self-healing class has access to burst healing from skills and thats what makes them strong. Not regen.

Also – regen doesn’t scale very well with any options provided to Warriors.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Can confirm this, if you go “Tank Warrior” then you’re still not a bunker. Your role is pretty different if I have to say.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

Some classes may beat it but becouse this is largly passive it trumps any casted healing spell.
So its simple

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuAXA8GRArcRdHl5UWlZeF9tWVlISjJ2cnZCeHJ6eEE

Looks great on paper! Sucks balls in actual play.
Against other humans, it’s laughable. (Decent, at best, for WvWvW zerg)

In PvE, sucks hardcore. Any mobs in the world can be face rolled going full zerker.
Any dungeons can be done in zerker (or a mix w/ knight if necessary).
By adding in regen VIA banner, you are gimping yourself (except sig in solo roaming) out of damage for something rather useless.

Now, if you’re getting adrenal health because you invest 20 in defense to get shield mastery, then you can make an argument. Adrenal health is an awesome tool to offset conditions (not much, but still very useful) and to maintain your health bar at a relatively high level. I utilize it in end-game fractals since I went 20 defense for quicker shield recharge = more invulnerability tanking.. any I just suck sometimes

in Warrior

Posted by: Brennus.1435

Brennus.1435

Adrenal health doesn’t heal per second, it’s per three seconds. I don’t know if you accounted for that, but you said, “120 hps” and 360 every 3 seconds seems like a lot more than I’m used to adrenal health healing for.

“Everyone is born a 5 signet Warrior,
what we become later only depends
on how hard we try and how good we want to become.” -HannaDeFreitas

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I wish Adrenal Health was effected by healing power or something…

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: THEmeltor.7295

THEmeltor.7295

Adrenal Health heals for 360 hp every 3 seconds IF you are at max adrenaline.

It scales down to 240 hp/3 seconds at level 2 and 125 hp/3 seconds at level 1.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brennus.1435

Brennus.1435

Adrenal Health heals for 360 hp every 3 seconds IF you are at max adrenaline.

It scales down to 240 hp/3 seconds at level 2 and 125 hp/3 seconds at level 1.

Maybe that’s why I never see it healing for that much, haha. I don’t generally keep adrenaline very long since I don’t use the GS much any more.

“Everyone is born a 5 signet Warrior,
what we become later only depends
on how hard we try and how good we want to become.” -HannaDeFreitas

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Necromancer has the highest HPS in the game.

Necromancer Minion, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Summon_Blood_Fiend

463 HPS with just that!

in Warrior

THEmeltor.7295

Until the poor minion dies.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I could say the same for the poor warrior. LOL.

in Warrior

THEmeltor.7295

I could say the same for the poor warrior. LOL.

Truth! haha.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

So its simple

That removes your main heal skill tho.
Which also means you lose 283hp/s worth of healing from Surge, let alone adrenaline refill.
You actually lose hps by using Healing Signet.

I know rookies don’t realize this but not having a heal skill forces you to stay out of melee a lot to wait for health to regen, which means a big DPS loss.
Let alone the DPS loss from tossing a full adren skill and recovering said adren immediately with surge.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

So its simple

Which also means you lose 283hp/s worth of healing from Surge, let alone adrenaline refill.

I know rookies don’t realize this but not having a heal skill forces you to stay out of melee a lot to wait for health to regen, which means a big DPS loss.
Let alone the DPS loss from tossing a full adren skill and recovering said adren immediately with surge.

Let alone the 60% DPS you lose from traits…

in Warrior

THEmeltor.7295

Healing Signet + Adrenal Health at max adrenaline is 320 hp/sec (0 healing power).
On a per 30 seconds basis, that means you are healing 9600 hp total.

A stage 3 heal from Healing Surge is 8440 (281 hp/sec over 30 seconds)

You are missing out on the adrenaline you receive from Healing Surge but you aren’t ‘losing hps’ by taking the signet (unless you don’t have adrenal health and/or aren’t using it wisely, in which case, yes, you’d be better served by Healing Surge).

I am unaware if Healing Surge is affected by Healing Power in some way so if so my calculations may be incorrect.

It looks like it’s mainly a matter of sustained healing vs. burst healing. Unless i’m missing something really significant.

EDIT: I should also point out that I pretty much only play PvE with a very occasional casual PvP game, so Healing Signet + Adrenal Health works fine for me in those areas because I’m not attempting to min/max every feature of my build.

(edited by THEmeltor.7295)

in Warrior

Red Falcon.8257

Healing Signet + Adrenal Health at max adrenaline is 320 hp/sec (0 healing power).

Yeah, you compared HSignet+Adren vs Surge alone.
Surge+Adren > HS+Adren.

in Warrior

THEmeltor.7295

Yeah, you compared HSignet+Adren vs Surge alone.
Surge+Adren > HS+Adren.

You’re right, my bad. In that case, you are losing about 80 hp/sec if you’re taking Healing Signet over Healing Surge, assuming adrenaline is maxxed. But then again, if you are using Healing Surge to get an adrenaline boost as well, you’re dropping your hp/sec significantly…the only way to get the max heal out of Healing Surge is to use it when you’re maxxed on adrenaline, which means if you use it at low level you’re only getting 174 hp/sec out of Healing Surge (plus whatever number you’re getting out of Adrenal Health, which will vary because of your fluctuating adrenaline levels)

So it’s a little more complicated as I wouldn’t know how a person is using Healing Surge. If you keep your adrenaline at max and only heal when it is at max then yes, Healing Surge is better, overall, for hp/sec. But when you start burning your heal for the adrenaline boost as well, it gets a bit wonky.

I may be completely off-base…I am what you would call ‘a rookie’.

EDIT: I should note that I’m not trying to say one way is better than the other…I just like theorycrafting and playing with numbers. I do use Healing Signet + Adrenal Health in PvE and it seems to work quite well….I think I like it mainly because I don’t think I’ve ever gotten to the point where I’ve looked down and said “Oh crap I need a big heal”. I pop in and out of ranged combat because I like using the Longbow + Sword/Shield combo and I guess that helps me stay alive better than someone who is continually staying in melee range. Plus I don’t have alot of condition removal in my build and the sustained health/sec helps combat conditions a little bit. Just my thoughts.

(edited by THEmeltor.7295)

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Well other theorycrafters decided after calculations that surge > healing signet.
If you take embrace the pain, your adrenaline will be up 24/7, so your healing surge will always heal for max. Healing signet for PvE is good thou, but you do need those burst heals in WvW.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Mell.4873

So its simple

i completely forgot this. i guess take your pick if the enemy has poison us surge. If your going for more dps or dodge focused gameplay maybe healing signet.

in Warrior

Mell.4873

The main point here is that warrior over all has the best hps in the game. In terms of realiablity.
In pvp it kinda usless but pve its perfect. fractals even more perfect for this.
How many people can out heal agony.
The main problem with this is over healing. So you need to take a constent damage for this to be truely effective.

in Warrior

Red Falcon.8257

You’re right, my bad. In that case, you are losing about 80 hp/sec if you’re taking Healing Signet over Healing Surge, assuming adrenaline is maxxed. But then again, if you are using Healing Surge to get an adrenaline boost as well, you’re dropping your hp/sec significantly…the only way to get the max heal out of Healing Surge is to use it when you’re maxxed on adrenaline, which means if you use it at low level you’re only getting 174 hp/sec out of Healing Surge (plus whatever number you’re getting out of Adrenal Health, which will vary because of your fluctuating adrenaline levels)

So it’s a little more complicated as I wouldn’t know how a person is using Healing Surge. If you keep your adrenaline at max and only heal when it is at max then yes, Healing Surge is better, overall, for hp/sec. But when you start burning your heal for the adrenaline boost as well, it gets a bit wonky.

I may be completely off-base…I am what you would call ‘a rookie’.

EDIT: I should note that I’m not trying to say one way is better than the other…I just like theorycrafting and playing with numbers. I do use Healing Signet + Adrenal Health in PvE and it seems to work quite well….I think I like it mainly because I don’t think I’ve ever gotten to the point where I’ve looked down and said “Oh crap I need a big heal”. I pop in and out of ranged combat because I like using the Longbow + Sword/Shield combo and I guess that helps me stay alive better than someone who is continually staying in melee range. Plus I don’t have alot of condition removal in my build and the sustained health/sec helps combat conditions a little bit. Just my thoughts.

You said it all.

Surge is better healing than HS if you don’t use adrenaline.
Surge gives better DPS if you dump adrenaline before healing.
Surge gives more staying power (and thus DPS) due to burst heal.

In any sector of combat Surge does a lot better than HSignet.