Warrior in wvw in trouble

in Warrior

Posted by: Juular.4729

Juular.4729

As i’m playing with the zergs in squad I was the only warrior out of 50 people, this is all the time 1 or 2 warriors, also guild groups set up is zero warriors, i’m worried for my warrior in wvw, guys just look around and count the warriors once the back bone now down the toilet.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

It always ebbs and flows. Expect a massive power creep game-wide when the expansion pack is released, and probably some additional changes before that.

Warrior just isn’t the FotM at the moment. If it’s not keeping you from doing what you want, don’t worry about it. If it is, you’ve just got to ride it out.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

berserker didnt really bring anything to the zerging scene when it comes to useful synergy.

in Warrior

Juular.4729

In the new expac , i would like a new class called the warrior, please redesign warrior for 2017.

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

What do you mean it’s in trouble? I’ve started roaming / zerging again since a few weeks, and I’ve seen a decent amount of warriors around me (EU Jade Sea). Plus I’ve found that it wasn’t bad at all, in both submodes, although it’s the best class in none.

Compared to some other classes, especially necro and thief, it is true that it is has less overpowered features – but I’d rather have these classes nerfed a bit, than the warrior buffed unreasonably. Also, stances are still super strong, and it’s kind of annoying as one cannot really take anything else.

in Warrior

Juular.4729

Today on reset night 5 warriors out of 81 people , i’m sorry numbers don’t lie, we our a dead class.

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Youre only as dead as you make it believe yourself.Can you still play warri ? Yes ? Then play it. Ive seen this happen more often also way before hot.Main comms thinking,and theyre right to some extent,that other classes do stuff better than warris.That doesnt mean youre useless..Youre still a high dps class that can be extremely viable in zergfights,you can still deal with alot of focus,you can still rush on your commanders ass through aoe while dishing out dmg,run rifle act as a backline,or go melee,or go condi..Theres enough viable stuff in zerging imo.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

A good warrior is still an asset to any squad. You have one of the best elites in the game, and you’re one of the top damage dealers in the squad. That goes for both condi and power btw.

As far as guild groups go, who cares? The game in its current state is about as competitive as a bag of rice.

in Warrior

Juular.4729

A good warrior is still an asset to any squad. You have one of the best elites in the game, and you’re one of the top damage dealers in the squad. That goes for both condi and power btw.

As far as guild groups go, who cares? The game in its current state is about as competitive as a bag of rice.

Good valid points, but top damage dealer in a squad i’m not sure on that one, my rev out dps my warrior so does a DH.

in Warrior

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

I disagree. The AoE damage Warr is capable of is very limited, and he’s a pretty selfish class outside of that, which is extremely bad for WvW.

I’m saying that as a WvW veteran and as a Warrior main- The truth is that is no reason to bring more than 1~2 warriors per zerg, and these 2 warriors are there for 1 skill only- Warbanner . There is nothing else that makes bringing a warrior worthy over any other class.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

in Warrior

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

I disagree. The AoE damage Warr is capable of is very limited, and he’s a pretty selfish class outside of that, which is extremely bad for WvW.

I’m saying that as a WvW veteran and as a Warrior main- The truth is that is no reason to bring more than 1~2 warriors per zerg, and these 2 warriors are there for 1 skill only- Warbanner . There is nothing else that makes bringing a warrior worthy over any other class.

^ This for the most part is the answer. Hammer F1 stun is still a really nice skill, but really one of the least viable classes in larger groups. It isn’t even so much that warrior sucks, it is just that so many other things are more useful to the group than warrior. If you wanted a warrior for CC because of hammer stun, you’d be better off having an ele who can CC more at range, heal the group, provide more boons, etc. Or a Guardian who can CC more between hammer and staff while also providing stability and protection.

It is still viable, but it is one of the least useful since it isn’t the best at anything in larger group play. Smaller groups is a very different situation though from my experience. Condi warrior is probably the MOST useful in smaller group play if played right because of the insane damage it can put out to single targets (and some small AOE.)

If you like warrior and you’re good at it, play it. Just know, it isn’t the most useful thing for the group and you’d be better off playing just about anything else besides medium armor classes. Medium armor classes are all terrible for larger group play, so just be glad it isn’t as bad as a thief, mesmer, or ranger lol.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in Warrior

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

Exactly. Why have a warrior when you can just get a rev/guard. Warriors are pretty dead in wvw meta

in Warrior

SrebX.6498

If you like warrior and you’re good at it, play it. Just know, it isn’t the most useful thing for the group and you’d be better off playing just about anything else besides medium armor classes. Medium armor classes are all terrible for larger group play, so just be glad it isn’t as bad as a thief, mesmer, or ranger lol.

Couldnt agree more, I just hope you meant to say Engineer there. xD

Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

in Warrior

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

This man has spoken the truth, all of your utilities are taken up just for you to live and that’s hoping 1 of them isn’t stripped in half a second by the half a bajillion necros out there.

WvW suffers from the problem known as the “condi it till it dies” meta and warrior just doesn’t fit well enough into groups with support, damage and survivalbility all thrown into 1 build.

The warrior in wvw is essentially a scout/roamer at this point because of this. Unless a nerf happens to this stale wvw deathball condi meta the warrior is basically relegated to small scale (10 people at most) battles, and even then other classes do it better because of built in support or way higher burst damage. Honestly 1 of the biggest nerfs to wvw warrior was the Eternal Champion nerf. You almost didn’t even need to take a second stability because of the trait before the nerf. Even with all the boon strip before nerf you could easily get away without balanced or dolyak signet in a lot of fights.

Basically stick to roaming and small groups or you’re gonna have a bad time in wvw on warrior.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

? I don’t see any class problem atm with warrior in wvsw. Our sustain still a bit too good is all when u stack heals/invulnerabilities and especially rousing resilience makes u godly on a trailblazer/dire build. Still issues with the class itself being all tank controlly, which noticably affect performance but that only needs some tinkering to fix.

The solution you want is gonna involve adding aoe to the class. And I don’t like that in my classes.

-You can be the zerg sniper. Just go gunflame full power and blow kitten in their bunker guardians, especially useful against the enemy commander if he is relying on blocks to mitigate most of his survivability.

-you can be a bunker dire/trailblazer user with bow+mace/sword or bow+mace/shield or sword shield. Just max ur condi damage and duration and spend everything else in rousing resilience and toughness/vitality

- you can be a classsic melee warrior. greatsword + something/shield. I don’t care if hammer is on the metabattles as a viable weapon it still SUCKS (why bring a warrior with hammer when you can just be any other class and do what hammer does and more). u get to run full zerk or marauder gear.

-banner is still….good for what it is. I mean mbe it makes more sense to have 5 people wasting 1 utility on1 rez ability, who provide all the ohter things warrior cant to a group….rather than 1 warrior with just 1 banner.
-for great justice IMO is a great ability now that it was buffed so much last time. It actually looks op statwise, I use it even as a solo roamer just on myself……since its better than frenzy is by far even when ur just talking about 1 person application….times that by 5 and ur got a clear clear winner. I understand that its just giving might and fury tho which are readily available by all other classes….but its still great even if it isn’t class specific.
-ummmm other than that…..we don’t really have anyhting else we bring other than phalanx strength but thats a tricky one since its radius is so small to begin with, i dont find it useful at all in wvsw fights tbh.

BUFF OFFHAND MACE! lol srsly its so dumb in wvsw. mace 5 is our only 6 target ability, and one of the few 6 target abilities in the entire game but its just so…..lulz. Make it 10 target and mbe some1 will use it

tl:dr: everyone else is the problem. Lets not bring our class down to their level.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Logged onto my power GS Mace/Shield war last night in small group roaming (joined a zerg occasionally to follow) and was wrecking people and not dying while wearing mostly marauder gear.

I dont see warrior weak in wvw at all.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Warrior

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

I play warrior Berzerker in WvW a lot in large groups. And as said here, we dont bring much in terms of synergy, giving protection and boons. And we are often kicked in favor of Guardians and Revs if those are needed in the squad. And it’s understandable tbh.

It’s a bit sad though. Played correctly we can outlast guardians, dish out quite some dmg even with full PVT, and banner a downed commander.

And I think warrior is a bit more dynamic to play in a large group than guardian. Ive played guard a lot, probably as much as warrior, but a classic AH guard is kind of a one trick pony. Jump in with the commander, pop a few things to make sure you survive the bomb, switch to staff and then 1-1-1 your way through the group tagging as many as possible for tha bags.

As a warrior you have to manage your skills and cooldowns a bit more careful. At the moment its alo less forgiving when you start taking heavy damage. Having your oh-kitten skill on cooldown when you have a sea of red ppl in your face and you are bound to retreat or die. But if you can time your kills correctly and manage those cd’s its as fun as it ever was.

in Warrior

SrebX.6498

Well guys we just got an answer- Spellbreaker is clearly going to be a big part of WvW.

Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

I a big believer in using warriors to bust condo zergs. Zerk stance endure pain dolyak signet and go to town on the necros there is no good was for them to stop you for 10+ seconds

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

The only problem at the moment is maybe lack of stability in zergs, since we are often grouped together in the same subsquads. So when it comes to large zerg battles, we work well in dynamic fast paced fights, but drop significally in efficiency if the fight is prolonged. That is our weakness.
And with subsquads that give us no stab or boons, when the skills are on cooldown we start to drop.

We can often peak higher in efficiency than guards, but in a limited time. We dont last as long thanks to the current condi meta.

in Warrior

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

Having warriors is still great but it requires a proper melee party that can support one. Warrior can run full berserker and do insane cleave damage and can carry if played well. However that’s a lot of "if"’s, but its not as weak as people make it out to be really.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue