Warrior is garbage in its current state.

in Warrior

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

The warrior is exceptional only when targets are stationary. In a combat environment where the target is in constant motion the warrior becomes a useless class because now everyone can easily run faster than the warrior. Necros and guardians with swiftness and leap abilities can run close to or in the case of guardian even faster than the warrior.

To get close to the target, the warrior often sacrifices its leap abilities and in ALL of the cases those abilities have a very obvious effect that makes it easy to dodge, thus rendering the skill useless. The leap skills serve only one purpose which is to get close to the target and nothing more; if you are lucky enough to face a noob, then those skills could hit the target, but not against a decent opponent.

If the warrior gets close to the enemy, the enemy can use leap skills of its own to kite the warrior and leave a trail of traps, wells, bombs, grenades, behind. If you decide not to pursue them, they simply turn their back and range you.

The HoT expansion gave all other classes a buff on leap abilities, thus affecting the warrior directly. And please don’t get me started on the mesmer, thief and guardian leaps and teleports on ledges and cliffs.

Please consider reworking the warrior sprint and leap abilities.

Oh and yes, I am aware of the “OP builds” that the warrior has; those “OP builds” only work on noobs that remain stationary and that do not have stun breaks, in fact that build can be rendered useless if the enemy eats bowl of roasted lotus root with 40% stun reduction and if the enemy decides to get malendru runes then a 65% stun reduction.

(edited by Hitman.5829)

in Warrior

Posted by: Gandrogh.1530

Gandrogh.1530

It must be a joke

/w Gandrogh Warlord
/w Gandrogh The Fallen
Vizunah’square

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I respectfully disagree. There’s room for buffs and shaves for sure, but the class is hardly garbage. Certainly not relative to where the class had been in the past.

And I roam, duel, and run small group wvw all the time. It’s not just scrubs I’m beating, and I run vanilla, so I’m not even using OP builds.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Hitman.5829

I respectfully disagree. There’s room for buffs and shaves for sure, but the class is hardly garbage. Certainly not relative to where the class had been in the past.

And I roam, duel, and run small group wvw all the time. It’s not just scrubs I’m beating, and I run vanilla, so I’m not even using OP builds.

I understand that you beating noobs that remain stationary gives you the impression that the warrior is in a good standing (I do too, when I beat the stationary noobs that don’t move) but please try fighting the kiters and you will realize that the warrior is the second rank from bottom’s up in speed and leaps (the least being necro).

The warrior should be rank 1 in leaps due to its nature of being a melee class.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gandrogh.1530

Gandrogh.1530

You have Warrior’s sprint in Discipline. A minor trait who gives you a perma 25% speed increase if you are melee a clean roots when you leap.

- rush (1200 range dash)
- Wirlwhind (8sec dash)
- #2 sword (who crippled)
- F1 axe
- F1 hammer
- F1 mace
- bull’s charge
- sendering leap

and you only left necro behind ? I left my bus behind

/w Gandrogh Warlord
/w Gandrogh The Fallen
Vizunah’square

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

bwahhahahahahaha

it’s one of the most mobile classes in the game!
plus you have a ton of CC!

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Warrior

Hitman.5829

You have Warrior’s sprint in Discipline. A minor trait who gives you a perma 25% speed increase if you are melee a clean roots when you leap.

- rush (1200 range dash)
- Wirlwhind (8sec dash)
- #2 sword (who crippled)
- F1 axe
- F1 hammer
- F1 mace
- bull’s charge
- sendering leap

and you only left necro behind ? I left my bus behind

From these skills, the only good skills are:

• Rush
  • Whirlwind
  • #2 sword
  • Bull’s charge

The rest root you for about 0.5 seconds, which is the same as just running normal.
Warrior leap skills have a long cast time compared to all other class leap abilities.
Please rank from fastest to slowest all the class. Everyone would agree the fowwling rank:

• Thief
  • ranger
  • Mesmer
  • Elementalist
  • Guargian
  • Warrior
  • Necro or revenant

in Warrior

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Theres no way I would put my DH higher than my power warrior for mobility in WvW.

(and I use JI and sword in wvw on my guard, and still my war has better map coverage and chase/disengage ability)

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Warrior

Posted by: travfour.2067

travfour.2067

As someone back for two months after a 2 year hiatus, it’s kind of annoying how most topics in each Proffesion forum are just complaining about how crummy their respective class currently is.
Seems like it’d be more useful to discuss certain aspects that may be lacking, but just sick of the “X is broken” mentality I’m constantly seeing.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I understand that you beating noobs that remain stationary gives you the impression that the warrior is in a good standing (I do too, when I beat the stationary noobs that don’t move) but please try fighting the kiters and you will realize that the warrior is the second rank from bottom’s up in speed and leaps (the least being necro).

I’d be happy to duel you to see whether or not I’m just killing scrubs. At the end, I’ll let you know how you stack up against the others I’ve been fighting.

You up for that? We can even record it and post the results here.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Keegan.4172

Keegan.4172

lmao ur funny

(80s) Chronomancer, Reaper, Tempest, Druid, Berserker, Daredevil, Revenant.
(Below 80) Guardian, Engineer.

in Warrior

Posted by: Blue.1207

Blue.1207

Warrior is top tier in every aspect of the game. They’re even top tier in WvW for crying out loud (don’t tell ppl this though).

[Maguuma] Since BETA – Just Bri
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.

in Warrior

Posted by: Weo weo.6378

Weo weo.6378

I’m actually curious to see who uses runes of melandru in this current meta. Call me ignorant or w/e, I really don’t see using this rune to be used over things like Durability, trooper, mercy for frontline revive roles.

Multiple Class Disorder

in Warrior

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I’m actually curious to see who uses runes of melandru in this current meta. Call me ignorant or w/e, I really don’t see using this rune to be used over things like Durability, trooper, mercy for frontline revive roles.

I use Durability or Defender. I do know one top streamer who roams with Melandru sometimes.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Warrior

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

I’ll have the drugs he is having.

Do you realize that warrior is one of the most broken classes in the game right now for both damage and survivability? When you’re seeing power warriors gunflame people for 10-15k damage and condi warriors dropping 10k+ burn ticks on people with 1 button, all while having the best passive HP regen in the game and highest base HP – I have to say that you’re completely wrong.

It sounds like your issue is that you run GS and expect your enemies to just stand there and eat your damage. This is a player skill issue because you’re obviously not playing the class well. I personally love my Greatsword, but I don’t generally play with warrior GS anymore because there are several stronger options for power warrior these days that aren’t as easily outplayed. Try Axe/Shield or Mace/Shield and Hammer. It makes it easier to keep your enemies in place which will maximize your damage against them, unlike GS which has no real control over the enemies and its mobility on GS3 ends up causing me more problems than its worth in a fight.

Try other weapons, and if you can’t make a power warrior work, try a condi warrior because it is honestly a lot stronger in my opinion.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in Warrior

Posted by: Kirnale.5914

Kirnale.5914

" Necros and guardians with swiftness and leap abilities can run close to or in the case of guardian even faster than the warrior."

…. Heard that guys ? Necros can almost outrun a warrior ! I learn new things everyday. Didn’t read the rest, I can’t take something like this seriously.

in Warrior

Posted by: Peacekid.1463

Peacekid.1463

hmmm obviously hitman ..um can u really hit? sure man im not a pro but even today when i beat someone in rank teams in rank pvps using gs/ham (u know gs/ham = bad build for wars) they say im noob…wow and u say warriors are garbage huh lol common l2p nd git gud

in Warrior

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

" Necros and guardians with swiftness and leap abilities can run close to or in the case of guardian even faster than the warrior."

…. Heard that guys ? Necros can almost outrun a warrior ! I learn new things everyday. Didn’t read the rest, I can’t take something like this seriously.

lets see DH.. moving faster rotation…. F3 -> RF -> F3 -> GS leap -> swap to sword -> target ambient creature -> symbol of blades -> select another ambient creature -> JI -> taget ally ->MI -> swap to GS -> repeat ->…

Looks alot right?
Butl it only worked because the players that were folowing the DH none had CC….

Meanwhile in my warrior i only need 2 skills rotation that will remove hard CC and give buuffffs and if swap weapon itwill clear condis as well.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Warrior

Posted by: sneakytails.5629

sneakytails.5629

I agree with part of what the OP was getting at, the Warrior does have very obvious attack animations and mechanics. This makes skilled counterplay pretty much cancel out more than a few advantages the warrior does have. So it can be frustrating.

Other classes are not nearly as easily countered.

There is a reason why my favorite matchup is another Warrior. I really enjoy the fights as there is actual counterplay to what is going on during the fight. I cant say the same for other classes, and condi builds in particular.

Right now my Favorite is 2v2 for “group” fights, and 1v1 against another Warrior for solo battles. I personally feel like past that things are out of control with a lot of things in this game.

With the excess in this game, the Warrior can sometimes feel like trash. If the game was more balanced across the board (across all issues,including certain warrior ones), than the Warrior would feel really, really good.

My biased opinion, outside of a few issues I feel like its in a pretty decent spot, and I enjoy playing it, and against it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

I’d be happy to duel you to see whether or not I’m just killing scrubs. At the end, I’ll let you know how you stack up against the others I’ve been fighting.

You up for that? We can even record it and post the results here.

Apparently, this ended the topic…

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

a class that every hit is over 5k with apsurd healing regen is garbage? kek.

in Warrior

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Gets kited in wvw. Better make a post saying Warrior is garbage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

I reck everything accept skilled power Revs, but I can accept that. Warrior is op!

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Posted by: GWMO.4785

GWMO.4785

Sounds like a L2P issue … No seriously, assuming you mean roaming in wvw, so i’ll base my comment on that perspective. (From reading the posts here i actually think you confuse leaping with teleporting skills btw. But w/e).

For starters my roaming setup looks like this: http://tinyurl.com/War-power-wvwr Pretty standard build. Note that i only have my gs’s whirl and rush as movement skills. Which is more then enough really. In most cases i use my whirl to evade and counter attack my enemy. As where the rush is basically my get away skill. Dont spam them. Keep it for when you need it. Bladetrail to keep them crippled. That is the one you want to spam. Mobility is key. Also save hundred blades for when you have cc’d your enemy.

As for enemies that also have leap / teleport / high or alot of movement skills… All i can say here is to not to chase them. They can disengage heal and then re’engage sure, but so will you with your adrenal healing. When it comes to ranged attacking enemies. Well we got an answer for that too. You either take mace/shield and trait reflects with blocking in defense line (recommanded), and/or you equip rifle or bow depending if you play power or condi build.

And that is pretty much all there is to it. Happy hunting

in Warrior

Posted by: Hyo Jin.5630

Hyo Jin.5630

As someone back for two months after a 2 year hiatus, it’s kind of annoying how most topics in each Proffesion forum are just complaining about how crummy their respective class currently is.
Seems like it’d be more useful to discuss certain aspects that may be lacking, but just sick of the “X is broken” mentality I’m constantly seeing.

He said everything. All those kids saying “My class is broken, need up”, in. Every. F***. Single. Post. In. Every. Class.

Cancer community. I don’t know how devs find the ability to keep up working while seeing all those trash commentaries. Seriously ridiculous.

in Warrior

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

Necros and guardians with swiftness and leap abilities can run close to or in the case of guardian even faster than the warrior.

lol troll post?

in Warrior

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Necros and guardians with swiftness and leap abilities can run close to or in the case of guardian even faster than the warrior.

lol troll post?

It’s legit warrior is ham/bow.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Warrior

Posted by: harry abbott.9658

harry abbott.9658

Really hope the op is joking lol.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

This thread is pointless and gives false information. Please close it.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Wait… I’m seeing someone claim that people easily get away from a warrior because it’s not mobile.

Let’s start with the mobility part: Whirlwind, rush, headbutt, shield charge all provide bursty movement abilities that can be used offensively and defensively (for escape.)

Secondly: yes, other classes have other ways to move away from you, but you have the ability as a warrior to chain CC someone into multiple stuns. Lastly, even if someone does get away from you, arc divider’s range is biggly and yuge and will often people people out of range saying “what just hit me?”.

Being kited as a warrior is not a common problem lol.

in Warrior

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

@OP….meanwhile i started to play warrior has main due its mobility…

._.?

and OP… warrior has passive speed increase by carying melee weapons, plus several gap closers, and more or equal speed boon has guardian has (at least we have several sources of it, and boon duration sometimes is equal or more than the skill CD).

Care to show wich setup are u playing????

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Warrior

Posted by: Kerivek.5740

Kerivek.5740

I’m almost positive this is a troll thread lol.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mavrip The Ripper.8623

Mavrip The Ripper.8623

I feel like every time I go up against a warrior, I feel they are super OP with all the CC’s and “jump to”, oh yeah the insane damage bursts, or the insane condi if they prefer… annnnnnd one last thing… the no damage / insane self heals.

come on… they are in no way needing a buff- just work on creating a rotation that revolves around all the insane amounts of cc’s they own. shouldn’t be hard. in my book, warrior ranks pretty much on top as far as hardest to 1v1 against (unless they have no clue whats up).

alternatively, if you want to be more mobile…. switch classes. There is nothing substantial here to justify the complaints

in Warrior

Posted by: OniGiri.9461

OniGiri.9461

Learn to play warrior i guess. If you expect to kill everthing by using hundred blades… well welcome to 2017

in Warrior

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

To be fair, I can never hit anything with a warrior either but that’s because I suck at it. Yet I still do it…

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.