Warrior patch notes "leak" discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

Warrior specific notes:

-Sharpened Axes: The adrenaline gain on critical hit portion of this trait now applies to all axe skills.

Good. Skull Crack + http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirling_Axe should fill your adrenaline bar fully instead of, like, 2.5/3.

-Battle Standard: This skill no longer applies boons until the end of the cast to prevent unintended behavior with canceling the it.

Unintended? Yes. It was also mostly irrelevant. Shrugs.

-Mobile Strikes: This trait now functions with the elementalist Conjure Lightning skill – Lightning Leap.

Cool, I guess. I still wish the immo. break was more snappy for Savage Leap and Eviscerate.

-Reckless Dodge: Increased radius to 180. Increased number of targets from 3 to 5.

Finally. We’re talking about 700 extra damage per roll that might actually hit. Now if only this trait didn’t prevent you from using skills for about half a second after dodge rolling…

-Vigorous Shouts: Increased the base healing by 25%. Increased the healing stat scaling from 80% to 90%.

Cool. Not much to say about this.

-Lung Capacity: This trait has been moved to tier 1.

Best change here imo. Finally, shout builds can use the warhorn trait as well for condition removal and reduced cooldown. Should be fun to try out.

-Empower Allies: This trait has been moved to tier 2.

Hurts PvE warriors a bit, but they’ll just trait into rending strikes instead. No biggie.

-Staggering Blow: This skill can now be used while moving. Reduced the cast time to 0.5 seconds.

Nice change, but I fear that the CC train is already too strong. However…

Non-warrior specific notes:

-Fixed a bug where stuns would always round up their duration to the nearest second if you had extra stun duration from items or trait

Hah yeah, a “bug”. Quotation marks here because it’s clearly an oversight, given how other conditions function. Either that or a design mistake because it’s not as if 15% could ever bump short stuns up a “tier” in seconds.

Anyway… Yeah. Not as big a deal as we thought this might be. Skull Crack’s going to be 345ms instead of 400. Earthshaker 230 instead of 300.

-Aoe spells with that have a maximum number of targets will now count combatants that block or evade the attack towards that maximum

Good and bad for us, in that we’ll count, but also see our important aoe’s “wasted”. Shrugs.

-Stun breakers now break blowouts and launch as well

Good and bad. Shrugs.

-All duration stacking boons(Aegis, Fury, protection, Regeneration, Retaliation, Swiftness, and Vigor) and conditions(Blind, Burning, Chilled, Cripple, immobilze(now stacks duration), and Poison) now stack to a maximum of 5 times.

Kinda worried about this one. Notably in the swiftness (warhorn + signet of rage) and regeneration especially for the warbanner trait.

So yeah, there you have it. Have akitten

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Already a thread, delete this

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

Already a thread, delete this

When I started writing this, there wasn’t a thread. I was in WvW, so it took a bit over an hour.

How about you delete your account and format your hard drive instead?

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gutts.8791

Gutts.8791

Can someone please explain the “All Duration Stacking” boons part as if I was a kittened 5 year old? I’m not understanding it.

I currently run Signet of Rage with Signet Mastery and a Warhorn and I have perma swiftness, will that no longer be possible?

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

its more like you cant stack 3 minutes regen with banners anymore from a 8 seconds application on a 5 second cooldown. dont think you will feel this change with warhorn / sor swiftness – it means you dont have more then 5 duration stacking effects of the same type at the same time.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Can someone please explain the “All Duration Stacking” boons part as if I was a kittened 5 year old? I’m not understanding it.

I currently run Signet of Rage with Signet Mastery and a Warhorn and I have perma swiftness, will that no longer be possible?

Not sure what the old cap was, let’s say 10. If you have 5 warriors, all with FGJ and the elite signet, you would get the full amount of fury if you were to all cast it (6 sources of fury). After the change goes through, you will not get the full duration of fury, you will likely get the 5 with the longest durations (signet + 4 FGJ’s instead of all 5).

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I’m already considering possibilities with heal shouts/horn. These are all really rough drafts however. Replace Empower Allies with Quick Breathing.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQRBJdxG2IpT1byjzDTkABpQDziTBlQVAOSPID0INA-TwAgzCmIySllLLTWyssZNQYRw+jZDA

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNBMhNak0p6N5x5hJOggUohZhSBcshpHkBakGA-TsAg2CrIySllLLTWyssZNIY9xsBA

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQRBHdxG2IoTsbKkMETkAw8wogK6UQJlC4cLVgMA-TwAg0CnIKSVkrITRyisFNsYRwGiJCA

That last one might of actually been a bit viable before with just Restorative and Mending but with Quick Breathing it may be really interesting. You may not even need Mending and Restorative and Quick Breathing may be enough. If the Meta goes to power then we’ll take Endure Pain instead of Zerker Stance.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

uhm your sword / horn / longbow build uses an axe trait! i see you are set for the soldier runes… but with warhorn and cleansing ire you have plenty of condition removal, and not just one condition only, that is useless (you easily get up to 6 from a proper condi build, and almost instantly).. i would not encourage you to use those for condi removal when you run warhorn and have access to cleansing ire! well.. of course run them if you are in the guild zerg – but definately not for solo / roaming and probably not for tpvp either.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

uhm your sword / horn / longbow build uses an axe trait! i see you are set for the soldier runes… but with warhorn and cleansing ire you have plenty of condition removal, and not just one condition only, that is useless (you easily get up to 6 from a proper condi build, and almost instantly).. i would not encourage you to use those for condi removal when you run warhorn and have access to cleansing ire! well.. of course run them if you are in the guild zerg – but definately not for solo / roaming and probably not for tpvp either.

That trait error was a simple misclick, fixed now. Also, the 2 Shot builds do not use Cleansing Ire, they use Last Stand. While the build has access to a 20 second CD stun break a form of Stability is needed to be viable, hence the Soldier Runes. The removal is also not only for you but for your whole team as well. You’ll be able to buff, remove conditions, and heal them frequently.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

yeah i was proposing to rather get cleansing ire since you have good adrenaline generation and fast hands aswell – its just too good with those. but yeah you would have to sacrifice a utility slot for balanced stance or dolyak signet if you spec into signet mastery. on the other hand it would be an active utility – so more control for you. for a team setup where you have more then 1 other guy in range its perfect though with soldier runes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Omg my healing shouts will be stronger without much healing power! Best news EVER! Hello >2k burst heals!

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Horrible changes for me with my warhorn, healing shouts, empower allies current build. I guess I’ll have to ditch healing shouts, in which case I don’t think I’ll bother using shouts at all, in which case I’ll have some useless 10 point trait.

in Warrior

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

As a reminder, we remove threads which are speculation, gossip, rumors, and are not accurate. When you come across things like this, you have to remember that nothing is set in stone until we release it to the public.