Warrior renovation imminent

in Warrior

Posted by: LCV.7245

LCV.7245

I haven’t played Warrior in months, primarily because I went for a pure tanky build. In dungeons, I can absorb every instance of damage without even batting an eye. However, I’ve grown board of this gameplay and am looking for something fresh.

I’m looking for a build that will allow me to dish out massive amounts of direct damage in a short window of time. I have provided a link to a proposed build, but it uses Berserker items, which I know are about to go through a nerf. I don’t want to buy all these items and take the time to understand the build just to have it go obsolete over night. Does anyone have an information on how severe this nerf will be or if berserker gear will even be viable after the changes?

So I’m turning to you guys; what are your thoughts on this build, specifically the equipment. What changes would you suggest and what info might help me embrace this character?

Also, it’s important to point out that I didn’t play Warrior for very long, ankitten o master at the profession. Additionally, I see myself primarily focusing on PvE with this guide. I have no interest in taking this to the WvW scene.

Build:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAR3cjkOZvJP+OMxBAzjhAqoLDoYSfwOA-jgxAY/AhtUmTeFRjt4WENWdNmylIqWKgR1VB-e

On one final note, I don’t know what weapons are useful when. That is, at what point should I be switching my warhorn out for an axe or a sword, etc. Any input is much appreciated.

The Pleb Army | 80 Sylvari Mesmer | 80 Norn Warrior | 80 Asura Ranger | 80 Asura Necromancer |
80 Sylvari Thief | 80 Human Elementalist | 80 Asura Guardian | 80 Asura Engineer |
80 Sylvari Revenant

(edited by LCV.7245)

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

They don’t plan to reduce overall damage output by more than 10% with the changes for anyone. No matter what, as long as some fundamental changes with AI and game engine mechanics are made berserker will always be the superior gear set to use for experienced players.

By the way, spot on with everything.

As for your final note, I go into detail about which weapons and utilities to use and when in a guide that I made here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Guide-for-DPS-build-dungeon-solos-more/first#post3737843

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

You want to use trait number V in the Arms trait line instead of number I. Just saying.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

You want to use trait number V in the Arms trait line instead of number I. Just saying.

No, not necessarily. It depends on what utils he’s using and what he’s doing. If he’s solo, using 2 signets, he definitely would benefit more from I than V. If in a group of 5, it’s different and in most cases V is better. Since he didn’t clarify exactly what he planned to do, we don’t really know whether V is better in this case.

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

In GW2 – the nature of the content in PVE means that in 90% of cases you won’t be the only one hitting a target. And IF you’re hitting a target by yourself chances are the content is easy enough you’ll down it no matter what traits you run.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Yeah but this isn’t about whether or not he’s able to do it, this is about seeking to do it more effectively. While it may be negligible, it’s still the truth— he’d benefit more in a solo setting from more precision.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lankybird.8149

Lankybird.8149

I think the main concept for zerkers or “glass cannons” will never fade away. Always going to be a burst through warriors, right now they just the best. I think you will transition easily because the main thing is knowing boss fights and how to stay alive. I think GS still my favorite course you will hear otherwise in your journey for DPS Zerk Warrior builds. GS with pretty much never ending fury good enough for me.