in Warrior

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

Bare fists. Enough said.

Warrior specialization MUST be this!

in Warrior

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

The other specialization must be Kratos.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Warrior

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

I am going to call it a Warden.
Something like this: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Warden

in Warrior

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

Would be nice if they were more like Wardens from LotRO. One of the actual keyboard warrior classes in MMOs, and they used SPEARS! On LAND! Egad.

But GW’s version would be cool, too. I just don’t know how I’d obtain Exotic/Ascended/Legendary Bare Fists, nor what they’d look like.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

in Warrior

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

i rather they give us a specialization that allow us to use a single 1 hand weapon with both hand. Promote the weapon stat to approx. 2 hand weapon and give us new skill 4 and 5. After warrior are master of weaponary, let us use 1 hand weapon withoit a need for off hand weapon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Well the list of weapons that could be added to the warrior’s list is quite short. If we forget silliness like scepters and mainhand shields, the remaining options would be

Staff
Pistol
Focus
Torch
Shortbow

Of those, I would think Pistol and Torch are the top contenders. Maybe a melee staff if the Revenant gets one, too. Hopefully they’ll add a bunch of more melee-like skins for the staffs.

One – Piken Square

in Warrior

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

Well the list of weapons that could be added to the warrior’s list is quite short. If we forget silliness like scepters and mainhand shields, the remaining options would be

Staff
Pistol
Focus
Torch
Shortbow

Of those, I would think Pistol and Torch are the top contenders. Maybe a melee staff if the Revenant gets one, too. Hopefully they’ll add a bunch of more melee-like skins for the staffs.

Forgot Dagger, which could be a cool close-range knife-fighter type brawler. Heck, most daggers look more like shortswords anyways. I’d think Staff and Focus are right up there with Scepter in the silliness factor (Warriors using magic? HA!). The trailer shows Rytlock with a sorta-Staff, sorta-Mace weapon… but that’s just the art team trying to be cool. Colin even warned them not to put that in, because it’d be misleading, but they did it anyways.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

in Warrior

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

i rather they give us a specialization that allow us to use a single 1 hand weapon with both hand. Promote the weapon stat to approx. 2 hand weapon and give us new skill 4 and 5. After warrior are master of weaponary, let us use 1 hand weapon withoit a need for off hand weapon.

What about using a 2 handed weapon as a 1 handed? 0.o Of course only the first 3 skills would be avialable, but can you imagine being able to use 100b while using an OH mace or something?

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

I would really like to see Pistols for both hands.
Torch is somewhat likely as well, but I personally dont like them.

Pistols would open up a lot of options, especially if they come for both hands.

in Warrior

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

I’d like to see main hand shield for shield master. The elementalist has one, I figured the warrior should too!. I want to bash my enemies face in with a shield

in Warrior

Posted by: WickedRequiem.7613

WickedRequiem.7613

Dual wield shield?

in Warrior

Posted by: CountzuCrytus.7256

CountzuCrytus.7256

Nothing is preventing them from taking underwater weapons such as spears and giving then skills for on land use. I predict either a dagger type weapon, maybe a pistol, or possibly a spear. In the video it showed rhytlock using a spear on land. But, since he’s a revenant now that could be their unique feature. Would be cool to see a lancer or spearman in the game. Be it on a war/guard/or rev. I don’t mind either way !

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

My best guesses are off-hand weapons,

1: Being a pistol. Rytlock used this. Could have a multi shot attack that applies some condition (maybe vuln or bleed) and a hard hitting pistol bash attack

2: A Torch. Feels commandery, Fire Field, lots of burning and a blast finisher

3: Off-hand Dagger with powerful attacks on foes that are under 50%

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: cam.8712

cam.8712

ive been using warrior since game was realeased and seriously , a warrior using daggers ? its just a thief with heavy armor , 2h weapons as main or off-hand ? that’s dumb , best bet is to bring back the Paragon from Gw and let us use Spears on Land with 1h or 2h ability , Spear and shield or 2h spear(polearm kinda) , Maybe a pistol would be okay but we already have a rifle , and a pistol for a warrior would mainly be an engi or thief with heavy armor(without stealth or turrets)

Best option is the spear , 2h axe , 1h hammer maybe ? ( with shield)

Methyus

in Warrior

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

IF they don’t want to introduce a new weapon (and so far they didn’t on the other revealed classes) , then options are somewhat limited.
Warrior being a non magic class, they might introduce a focus or staff with some nice
casting skills, but my personal bet would be the torch or pistol. Pistol being less likely since we have rifle , but torch would be a nice idea. With a skill called “light the way” or something of the kind. (warriors being at the forefront of battles)

Hell, they might convert the rifle into a machinegun…. who knows, lol.

in Warrior

Posted by: Caliga Meshima.4768

Caliga Meshima.4768

I personally see it being either a pistol or torch.

In ancient times, warrior’s with torches were basically raiders, setting fire to enemy encampments and what not. If they did go with torch, I can see it as a weapon that could possibly provided burning fields, blind condition, and maybe even a stun.

The pistol would also make some sense. Pirates and Buccaneers basically used a pistol in one hand and a cutlass in the other for the sake of being able to be versatile. Should they go with the pistol, I’d imagine it would provide vulnerability, cripples, bleeds, or maybe just a tamer killshot.

I couldn’t see them using a dagger only because the warrior is already the most melee heavy class out of all of them, and the development team wants to add more balance to the warrior in the sense of utility and range.

Names of elite specialization for warrior using Torch?
“Raider”
“Warlord”
“Mercenary”
“Conquistador”
“Soldier”
“Invader”

Names of elite specialization for warrior using Pistol?
“Privateer”
“Buccaneer”
“Pirate”
“Janissary”
“Mercenary”

in Warrior

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

New Spec: Meta Fighter. Warrior F2 transforms them into a Revenant.

(I’d love staff, spear, or bare fists. I absolutely don’t want pistol; I’d take torch before pistol.)

in Warrior

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

I am going to call it a Warden.
Something like this: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Warden

I think warden will be future ranger specialization.

in Warrior

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I am sticking with focus for AoE buffs to help alleviate reliance on banners and something like traps or wells.

in Warrior

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

ive been using warrior since game was realeased and seriously , a warrior using daggers ?

Well there were really effective dagger warrior builds in GW1 – you CC the target with hammer, switch to dagger and land a lengthy, lethal burst chain. It was fun :P

a pistol for a warrior would mainly be an engi or thief with heavy armor(without stealth or turrets)

That is wrong on so many levels. Is a GS warrior the same as a GS mesmer just with heavy armor?

Best option is the spear , 2h axe , 1h hammer maybe ? ( with shield)

They said they are not going to add new weapon types. Also 1h hammer is called mace.

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

2:00 Heavy Armor class doing “omni-slash/blade-waltz” from Dota/LoL. They may be giving an un-targetable while attacking skill for Warrior.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

That’s Revenant.

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

That’s Revenant.

They didn’t even say if Revenant was gonna use sword or not so w/e. Rytlock “was” a Warrior anyways so there’s the possibility.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

ive been using warrior since game was realeased and seriously , a warrior using daggers ?

Well there were really effective dagger warrior builds in GW1 – you CC the target with hammer, switch to dagger and land a lengthy, lethal burst chain. It was fun :P

a pistol for a warrior would mainly be an engi or thief with heavy armor(without stealth or turrets)

That is wrong on so many levels. Is a GS warrior the same as a GS mesmer just with heavy armor?

The problem with dagger and pistol is that those wouldn’t bring anything new to the warrior class.

What could dagger bring to warrior which would be new? Melee damage certainly isn’t new. A block on the off-hand would be plausible (the “main gauche” and “swordbreaker” are known as parrying daggers) but we already have a block on another off-hand (sword) so that would be a little redundant. They could give us a shadowstep but we have plenty of mobility already. We could get stealth but I don’t think it would be reasonable to give that to warriors, plus warriors are those big, tough and loud guys so stealth doesn’t really fit.

Pistol would be a little more interesting but the problem with pistol is that since we’re rumored to get a F2 skill for off-hand burst, it’s more likely to be a pistol off-hand if we get pistol and we don’t really have a good main-hand ranged option, so not sure what we could get with pistol that would be useful. I also find pistol thematically conflicting with the warrior concept. A warrior doesn’t go at war with a puny little pistol. For range I can see them grabbing the huge shotgun (rifle) and optimize the decibels per second. Or they’ll grab a huge longbow and shoot fire arrows and set everything on fire. I think the only good thing we could get out of pistol is a taunt shot.

Of the weapons we’re missing and that haven’t been given to other specializations, the only one that I think could bring something new and still look thematically correct is torch. The torch could be used to give boons (like a war rallying beacon or something), and give us access to the protection boon for example. Or as a taunt weapon.

Just for the thematics, I would personally be disappointed if we get dagger or pistol because it just doesn’t fit with the warrior concept… although with guardians getting traps and becoming hunters I can’t say I would be surprised if Anet mangles the theme of a second class with a specialization.

Torch would mean that we get “matched” with either guardian or mesmer. Guardian would make more sense (GW1 WaMo would be nice) but Engineer would have to get matched with Revenant instead of Guardian. (We know Engineer are getting hammer and there’s not a lot of choice.) Mesmer would be okay too, especially if we get mantras.

in Warrior

witcher.3197

^ Torch is also a good guess. As others pointed out in many threads, warrior isn’t really lacking anything that Anet should try to fix (mobility/CC/power, condi hybrid builds/etc/support, warriors have it all). I think anet will try to break the dominance of Longbow in PvP by giving different burst skills to the weapons while using the specialization, meanwhile Longbow is the only source of burning for a warrior so they might want to provide an alternative in case you don’t want to bring longbow but want burning.

in Warrior

witcher.3197

That’s Revenant.

They didn’t even say if Revenant was gonna use sword or not so w/e. Rytlock “was” a Warrior anyways so there’s the possibility.

Rytlock is using revenant skills with a sword on the HoT trailer and datamining kinda confirmed that Sword and Dagger will be usable by the revenant. If you remember Pop the revenant from an anet twitch gameplay video, Pop was using a sword with the skill shown on the trailer.

in Warrior

Posted by: Krittz.6013

Krittz.6013

Dagger is a viable choice due to they are used in real combat rather than S/S combinations. S/D provides more parry/riposte style attacks. Honestly, I hate how they moved a on demand cripple as the last attack in the AA line. I preferred it on call when it was on number 3.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

After seeing the dragonhunter and being that surprised I bet the warrior spec will be the “Swashbuckler” an off hand pistol main hand sword spec themed around being a pirate. Lol

in Warrior

Posted by: Pyrophobia.6592

Pyrophobia.6592

i think a warrior with off-hand dagger would be pretty neat. I always pictures this samurai type of play-style where he uses mantras and counter-attacks.

in Warrior

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

That’s Revenant.

Revenant Sword mainhand was datamined. The skill used in the video is most likely the 3 skill that has [Prevents Capture-Point Contribution] in the tooltip.

in Warrior

Posted by: Corviness.8139

Corviness.8139

Must be… OFFHANDPISTOL! … wuum… wwwwuuuummm!!! daka daka wuuuuum!!!

Attachments:

(edited by Corviness.8139)

in Warrior

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Hey, hey, hear me now. What if Warriors are getting an offhand pistol but with a different take on it?
What if the new pistol offhand has an autoattack on its skill 4? Something like a chain autoattack that performs several barrage shots that generate a lot of adrenaline. With the skill 5 being something like a leap backwards, or a taunt shot of sorts, or maybe a CC like a blowout, I donno.
You could have melee pressure and ranged pressure all in a single weapon set.
Now with 3 autoattacks in total, and with the additional F2s weapon skills, it’s like if you had an additional weapon swap.

Wouldn’t that be really cool?

in Warrior

Posted by: shynu.7081

shynu.7081

Warrior Specialization = Titan

Dual wielding 2 2H weapons…..

Imagine the number of people running around with 2 Twilights or 2 Sunrise or 1 Twilight/ 1 Sunrise…. sounds fun to me!
or 2 Juggernauts! =DD

in Warrior

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Imagine the number of people running around with 2 Twilights or 2 Sunrise or 1 Twilight/ 1 Sunrise…. sounds fun to me!
or 2 Juggernauts! =DD

2 longbows? o.O

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

2 longbows? o.O

I’d go first for double rifles, with double volley, double kill shot, double WTF

in Warrior

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

It probably won’t be anything this exciting, but I’d really love use of spear on land.

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

in Warrior

witcher.3197

It probably won’t be anything this exciting, but I’d really love use of spear on land.

You did not follow the news in this year I guess. No underwater weapons on land and no new weapon types.

in Warrior

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

If it is Pistol (main or OH) you might want to consider investing in the Chainsword Skin on the TP (I think they are going for around 150gp?)
I would think there would be a huge increase of Norn-Marine Warriors once that Spec. Drops.

*If one is on a budget, the skin from a steamblade works as well …just no wuum wwwuuummm sound

in Warrior

Posted by: SalaZin.2509

SalaZin.2509

I’m thinking torch or pistol probably. But a staff would be cool. Monk class

(\ /) This is bunny.
(=‘.’=) Put him in your signature,
(“) (”) And help him conquer the world!

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

i want dagger mainhand or offhand

prefer offhand

in Warrior

Posted by: Heriticus Spiritus.2489

Heriticus Spiritus.2489

I like the idea of warrior getting a spear paired with a notched shield! That way you can block/bash while poking holes in you enemy!
In Lotro, they had a Warden. Used spear/shield melee and a javelin/shield for ranged. Since we don’t have a javelin in GW2, maybe they could use trident instead for ranged? Change it from 3 pronged to 2 pronged to lighten it some, and give it about 1,000 range. Maybe with trait/s to give more range.
Would at least be something different! :p

in Warrior

Posted by: phelon.4915

phelon.4915

I think staff is out. That appears to be going to Ranger for Druid.

Off-hand pistol could be nice, but if they call it Swashbuckler or Pirate I will never touch my warrior again. Heavy armor on a boat, yeah that works…

I would like to see dagger off-hand and add a third weapon set as the new mechanic, maybe f2 skill. Make the option contingent on first weapon GS, second xx/dagger, leaving third set open to choice. Call it Blademaster, or something.

Just an idea that popped in my head while reading this.

in Warrior

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

or 2 Juggernauts! =DD

what’s juggernaut?

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

offhand machine bolter pistol warhammer 40k style !!!!!

FOR THE EMPEROR!

i mean,
for queen jennah!
for the mother tree!
etc

in Warrior

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Hey, hey, hear me now. What if Warriors are getting an offhand pistol but with a different take on it?
What if the new pistol offhand has an autoattack on its skill 4? Something like a chain autoattack that performs several barrage shots that generate a lot of adrenaline. With the skill 5 being something like a leap backwards, or a taunt shot of sorts, or maybe a CC like a blowout, I donno.
Now with 3 autoattacks in total, and with the additional F2s weapon skills, it’s like if you had an additional weapon swap.

yeah, it would be very nice, if we have a mainhand melee auto attack plus offhand pistol auto attack on weapon skill 4.

just press 4 and watch the pistol go pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew

in Warrior

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

yeah, it would be very nice, if we have a mainhand melee auto attack plus offhand pistol auto attack on weapon skill 4.

Right? Right?
Warrior should be the true pew pew pew class.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

in Warrior

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I wants pistol since I play Bloodborne. It’s kinda bad kitten to switch from sword/pistol to GS or sword/pistol to hammer.

Heiann – NSP

in Warrior

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Right? Right?
Warrior should be the true pew pew pew class.

ya ya !!!

then when the fools gets close we can
- bleed them silly with sword
- chop them up into pieces with axe
- bash their heads in with mace

in Warrior

Posted by: Hissaman.7054

Hissaman.7054

You guys are forgetting something, focus CAN be a martial weapon, such as war fan. It could add a gamma of counter skills like sword on off hand or it could be used to support the team, like an warlord.

I don’t think bare-hands would be viable with the stat dependance of weapons, I would love if it was the case however.

Martial staffs or inland spears would be cool,.

Also, Snapping Testudo. Never forget.

That being said, those are too much of a paradigm change, I am guessing we will get something boring and generic like pistol or knife

in Warrior

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Nothing is preventing them from taking underwater weapons such as spears and giving then skills for on land use. I predict either a dagger type weapon, maybe a pistol, or possibly a spear. In the video it showed rhytlock using a spear on land. But, since he’s a revenant now that could be their unique feature. Would be cool to see a lancer or spearman in the game. Be it on a war/guard/or rev. I don’t mind either way !

you’re right, nothing is preventing them from doing that. however if warrior is one class that gets to use a spear on land, or anything from underwater combat on land, i can only imagine how incredibly annoyed the rest of the playerbase will be.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.