Warrior, the official GW2 easy mode? :D

in Warrior

Posted by: ulcimql.2516

ulcimql.2516

The answer to the OP topic is clearly yes.
The fact that most people are not taking warriors seriously nowadays because of the obvious faceroll made both pride hurt skillful warriors and the victims of the meta not wanting to put in 20x the effort temporarily abandon the game until the problem is resolved.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

I thought it was funny when someone said warriors have better dps in pve than light armor classes. Considering Mesmers and Eles out DPS warriors by quite a bit when people say stuff like that, I know I’m not dealing with an informed person.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

in Warrior

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

I find my warrior to be significantly more difficult to play well than my elementalist. With an Ele, the vast majority of the time there is a correct answer to whatever your current issue is, you just have to find it and execute it. There is a learning curve there of course, and elementalist is fun, but it is learnable.

Warrior is different because so much of your decision making happens before you even get to a fight. With warrior you have to spec(trait, gear, utilities, etc) to develop a gameplan for anything and then apply your gameplan regardless of the situation. Because the toolbox is powerful but shorter than other classes you have to maximize the effectiveness of your chosen tools, which is a different discipline from learning to pick the right tool from a full toolbox.

The problem comes when the choice is too obvious.

That part I don’t agree with; that the choices are obvious. The nice part about warrior is there are a large number of good utilities and traits to choose from; there is more than one trait combination that’s good. Mixing and matching them in different combinations is a huge part of what I enjoy about playing the class.

One of the reasons I don’t enjoy my elementalist as much is the traits especially are poorly implemented with very little functional variety. Ele skills are tremendously flexible and powerful, but the traits make designing an Ele build feel very limited and frustrating.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

DAE circlejerk about warriors being such faceroll omg ezmode?

Seriously though, having played 4 classes now I’ve found them all to be about the same difficulty of play.

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I find my warrior to be significantly more difficult to play well than my elementalist. With an Ele, the vast majority of the time there is a correct answer to whatever your current issue is, you just have to find it and execute it. There is a learning curve there of course, and elementalist is fun, but it is learnable.

Warrior is different because so much of your decision making happens before you even get to a fight. With warrior you have to spec(trait, gear, utilities, etc) to develop a gameplan for anything and then apply your gameplan regardless of the situation. Because the toolbox is powerful but shorter than other classes you have to maximize the effectiveness of your chosen tools, which is a different discipline from learning to pick the right tool from a full toolbox.

The problem comes when the choice is too obvious.

That part I don’t agree with; that the choices are obvious. The nice part about warrior is there are a large number of good utilities and traits to choose from; there is more than one trait combination that’s good. Mixing and matching them in different combinations is a huge part of what I enjoy about playing the class.

One of the reasons I don’t enjoy my elementalist as much is the traits especially are poorly implemented with very little functional variety. Ele skills are tremendously flexible and powerful, but the traits make designing an Ele build feel very limited and frustrating.

I know, warriors have an array of viable options, and this is what I like about them.

I started as engineer, then went to warrior when was UP, just because I felt that all the builds I made all went to the same 3-kit condi tank. With warrior I could play around with the stats more, make different things, create hybrids, cc tanks, cc bruisers (without being too strong) and so on. Many things much to discover.

Now it became easier to build a good warrior. There are some builds that are always good, and some choices that are obvious (like traiting into defense and going hammer with zerker amulet), and it’s too easy to make a build that fares excellently against anyone.

I’m okay with a class thet requires much more theory and reasoning than skill, that requires much more thought BEFORE the fight actually starts, to understand your potential and when and where to fight your opponent. I’m not okay with a class that doesn’t even require that.

I’d like warrior to be a class where you can make up for costant training with intuition and imagination. It kinda worked, when Tarcis made hambow it was kinda original. Too bad it was also good at everything, making copy pasting the best choice and destroying what could make the class good. This is the main problem with hambow: there are no situations where the build comes short in tournament. Before buffs, most builds were pretty weak, but could come victorious if they could bring the enemy on fighting on their terms.

I don’t want warriors to become paladins. Not only bound to be the easiest class (heck, I chose a paladin because I liked the idea of being one, because with WotlK they weren’t so pure anymore but still held faithful to their goal, why do they have to be dumb?), but also bound to have the most boring builds (go as deep as you can into one of those talent trees if you want to have something to press while you fight).

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

I’m surprised nobody said anything about canceling your own attacks to fully utilize your big hits. I do it constantly with my warrior, and I would feel inferior to others if I didn’t. I need to bait out their evades and cancel out my own attacks, and that is kinda weird in my opinion that I have to do something like this.

So far, I have not hear any of the other professions say anything about fake attacking.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in Warrior

redslion.9675

I’m surprised nobody said anything about canceling your own attacks to fully utilize your big hits. I do it constantly with my warrior, and I would feel inferior to others if I didn’t. I need to bait out their evades and cancel out my own attacks, and that is kinda weird in my opinion that I have to do something like this.

So far, I have not hear any of the other professions say anything about fake attacking.

Because most of the times you can just whack away and outlast others. Or you are in a group fight and don’t lose much by doing it.

You might need it to kill another warrior on a node, but most probably it wouldn’t be a good idea, and it would be a long battle nonetheless.

in Warrior

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

I’ve read it and while i do see your point there is a clear difference between having telegraphed skills and not having telegraphed skills. And one would obviously want the latter. It does detract from the class because you become more predictable and people can in turn counter that predictability. And having in game general knowledge also entails knowing warrior animations and knowing when to dodge them. And also having map awareness to better prevent being ganked by another player.

Fair enough, my logic might be flawed in that regard, however I mentioned it for a different purpose in which I will get back to later. But facerolling with a warrior in hotjoins doesn’t really hold any weight whatsoever (which many of these claims tend to be). And how do we define it? For all we know it could be 2v1s that people are fighting and that is how they define it. I remember picking up a mesmer for the first time and owning in hotjoin too. Must be easy, right?

And facing your own profession and somebody who is more experienced can also teach you that hey, I still have a lot to learn about how to master this class and play it to its full capability and that maybe I am not so unstoppable as I thought I was, and maybe, it isn’t so easy to be maximize my effectiveness Some classes are easier than others to pick up, but I think for the most part the gap closes quickly when talking about being masterful with their class. People who pick up warrior after playing another class just perhaps, maybe weren’t even very good with their original class to begin with. That is why when they pick up a class which is easier to understand and get a handle of, they do better. All possibilities need to be considered.

And even against other classes 1v1, typical warrior builds will struggle against Mesmers in general, condition engineers, a couple thief builds and dhuumfire necros although that is a little bit easier than the former classes i’ve mentioned. And most likely first time warriors will not be able to deal with them. That is where experience comes in and realizing that facerolling in some random hotjoin match isn’t the ceiling of the their potential; nor does it mean that is all there is to the class to learn.

Nobody here is talking about hotjoin, at least for me.
I’m talking about only TeamQ/SoloQ, when the team contribution and the chances to win fights are much higher on warriors compared to any other profession in the came, except perhaps some builds.

When I pick up Warrior from Elementalist, my MMR skyrockets. Seriously, I just win fights way more often than I do with any other profession.
And I don’t even have Champion Legionaire.

Ease to play is something, but when a build is also extremely effective while being easy to play, there it comes the “faceroll” definition.

Regarding skill telegraph, keep in mind that any telegraph is mitigated in PvP by the overabundance of Asuras and the huge clutter that fights usually have. So no, telegraph may make a difference in 1vs1 situations, but in teamfights, which is the situation when any hambow warrior wants to stay, skill telegraphs weight close to nothing.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daerian.6523

Daerian.6523

Do you know who are the Tank Professions in The Holy Trinity?

Thief? Wrong answer

Warriors,, Guardians, Heavy Armor Professions?

Surprise!!

Than what is the Purpose of having Warriors, Guardians in Guild Wars 2 if a medium armor Thief class can outperform them within seconds having absolutely no risks whatsoever?

Why not make Rangers and Engineers be like Thief? Seriously why not? Don’t they all wear medium armors?

To continue……..

Well, only in Guild Wars 2 where you will find Thief Profession at best if not outperforming The Holy Trinity Tank Professions

What a Total Disgrace!!

First of all you are wrong, warrior damage is more than a thief, not the other way around. If you are talking about having the highest single damage than it’s thief. Again as i stated; where in MMo history where you will ever hear, find and see a DAGGER outputting equal or more damage than heavy set weapons?

Oh my! a wooden stick does more damage than a metal bar?

Oh my!! A dagger hits harder if not more than an Axe, Sword, Great Sword, Hammer……..

Seriously, what world are we living in?

remember! this is not a single player game but an “mmo”
remember, this is not God Of War 2 but Guild Wars 2

Only in Guild Wars 2 where God professions are look upon as being “Balanced”, “Equal” -

Where did you ever hear Gods submitting themselves to mortals or beings?

Secondly,

name those MMo’s from your claims

Remember!

-you will be held accountable for each one-

Let me think… first, there are no tanks in this game.
Second, dodging attacks is not tanking. At all. Aegis/block are much closer. Also, thief has much less survivability tha both warrior and guardian, unless you dodge/evade, which is not tanking.
Second, where in MMO daggers do more damage than heavy weapons… hmm, let me think…
Ragnarok Online, Assasin Class rules in damage over Knights and expecially Crusaders.
Guild Wars, Assasin DPS/Burst is extreme.
As far as I know, in WOW Rogues deal more damage than warriors too (or this was the case when I was playing long time ago).

Also, all your claims about “hightest damage” in this game are wrong, as Guanglai Kangyi has shown before first DPS class is ele, then mesmer, then thief, then guardian and then rest is on the very similar tier.

(edited by Daerian.6523)

in Warrior

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

“Ryu’s fireball and DP are really easy to do so he must be top tier” is basically what I got out of this rant.

Warriors are the Ken of Street Fighter 4.

I command you to be AWESOME.

in Warrior

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Do you know who are the Tank Professions in The Holy Trinity?

Thief? Wrong answer

Warriors,, Guardians, Heavy Armor Professions?

Surprise!!

Than what is the Purpose of having Warriors, Guardians in Guild Wars 2 if a medium armor Thief class can outperform them within seconds having absolutely no risks whatsoever?

Why not make Rangers and Engineers be like Thief? Seriously why not? Don’t they all wear medium armors?

To continue……..

Well, only in Guild Wars 2 where you will find Thief Profession at best if not outperforming The Holy Trinity Tank Professions

What a Total Disgrace!!

First of all you are wrong, warrior damage is more than a thief, not the other way around. If you are talking about having the highest single damage than it’s thief. Again as i stated; where in MMo history where you will ever hear, find and see a DAGGER outputting equal or more damage than heavy set weapons?

Oh my! a wooden stick does more damage than a metal bar?

Oh my!! A dagger hits harder if not more than an Axe, Sword, Great Sword, Hammer……..

Seriously, what world are we living in?

remember! this is not a single player game but an “mmo”
remember, this is not God Of War 2 but Guild Wars 2

Only in Guild Wars 2 where God professions are look upon as being “Balanced”, “Equal” -

Where did you ever hear Gods submitting themselves to mortals or beings?

Secondly,

name those MMo’s from your claims

Remember!

-you will be held accountable for each one-

Let me think… first, there are no tanks in this game.
Second, dodging attacks is not tanking. At all. Aegis/block are much closer. Also, thief has much less survivability tha both warrior and guardian, unless you dodge/evade, which is not tanking.
Second, where in MMO daggers do more damage than heavy weapons… hmm, let me think…
Ragnarok Online, Assasin Class rules in damage over Knights and expecially Crusaders.
Guild Wars, Assasin DPS/Burst is extreme.
As far as I know, in WOW Rogues deal more damage than warriors too (or this was the case when I was playing long time ago).

Also, all your claims about “hightest damage” in this game are wrong, as Guanglai Kangyi has shown before first DPS class is ele, then mesmer, then thief, then guardian and then rest is on the very similar tier.

First of all, good effort on your part in attempting to deceive me with false information. Seriously, good effort.

First of all, let me talk about a thing call Common Sense. Common Sense tells us that there are no way a wooden stick(daggers) can hit more damage than a metal rod(hammer, great sword, sword, axe). I end will end this part here because you intentionally refuse to understand me.

As the saying goes, “without common sense, you are brain dead”

By the way… here are some homeworks for you…

http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hammer
http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Axe
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Daggers

Also you are totally incorrect about Ragnarok Online, Assasin Class and Guild Wars Assassin doing more damage than Warrior Class. Again, good effort.

Please read! I said Damage not Burst; 2 different meaning.

Secondly, this is my Favorite one… thief having less Survivability than a warrior and a Guardian??? Oh my!!

Where are my Stealth Thieves? i leave this one to guys.

Third of all, I am not a Follower of Guanglai Kangyi, I am a Follow of the Truth

Let’s compare Elelmentalist and Mesmers trait lines to Thief trait lines; as we know, traits are key factors in determining weapons output damage.

Elementalist Traits

Fire Magic- 6,12
Air Magic- 7,10
Earth Magic- 6
Water Magic- 4,6
Arcana- 2, 7.

Mesmers Trairs

Domination- 1, 3, 10
Dueling- 2, 11
Illusions- 1, 3

Thief Traits

Deadly Arts- 1, 3, 4, 7, 9, 10
Critical Strikes- 2, 3, 5, 9, 12
Shadow Arts- 7,
Acrobatics- 2, 3
Trickery- 4, 5, 7

Where do you find Elementalist being first in high ouput damage in the trait line? They only have 9 high output damage traits in their trait lines??

Where do you find Memsers being 2nd in high output damage in the trait line? They only have 7 high output damage traits in their trait lines??

Thief have 17 high output damages traits in their trait line, why not put them at the top place?

I save this sad one for last; My Sympathy and Condolences to the Guardian

Guardian Traits-

Zeal- 4,5,7,9,11
Radiance- 10,11
Honor- 8
Virtues- 1

Once again you are incorrect.. Guardian are not in the 4th place but is tied with Elementalist in having 9 high damage trait in the trait line? What the…?. This is totally Outrageous!!

In conclusion,

I conclude the Truth

I eliminate the Untruth

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Warrior

Posted by: connieboy.9840

connieboy.9840

Warrior risk their lives (without having no access to Stealth whatsoever), for battle whereas Thief having access to Stealth can walk through a full army without any risks whatsoever and still survive.

Does this sound reasonable to you?

Example; how can someone not wearing any bulletproof armor (thief) and only carrying a wooden stick, can absorb every incoming bullets and still able to walk up to his enemies and kill them with a single blow?

Seriously, who came out with this Ridiculous idea and Absurd design for this class?

What kittening game are you playing? I guarantee you that if you try running through an enemy zerg in stealth, you are still going to get hit by every AOE that is being dropped. Also, Warriors “risking their lives for battle” is a completely absurd argument. There is almost no risk element in Warrior gameplay whatsoever. Highest armor, health pool, insane regeneration, and best mobility in the game.

It would be nice to backup claims like with my warrior after “5 hours max i wreck faces with it”.
I could say i wreck faces after half an hour with my elementalist in pvp.

Except you never see this argument from other classes. I started a warrior the other day. First time warrior, did the PVE intro and nothing else, immediately went to the mists, copy and pasted first build I saw online, and was top scoring player in my TPVP match and won. Hmmm

(edited by connieboy.9840)

in Warrior

Burnfall.9573

Warrior risk their lives (without having no access to Stealth whatsoever), for battle whereas Thief having access to Stealth can walk through a full army without any risks whatsoever and still survive.

Example; how can someone not wearing any bulletproof armor (thief) and only carrying a wooden stick, can absorb every incoming bullets and still able to walk up to his enemies and kill them with a single blow?

Seriously, who came out with this Ridiculous idea and Absurd design for this class?

What kittening game are you playing? I guarantee you that if you try running through an enemy zerg, you are still going to get hit by every AOE that is being dropped.

It would be nice to backup claims like with my warrior after “5 hours max i wreck faces with it”.

Except you never see this argument from other classes. I started a warrior the other day. First time warrior, did the PVE intro and nothing else, immediately went to the mists, copy and pasted first build I saw online, and was top scoring player in my TPVP match and won. Hmmm

I am playing the same kittening game as you

in Warrior

connieboy.9840

What kittening game are you playing? I guarantee you that if you try running through an enemy zerg, you are still going to get hit by every AOE that is being dropped.

Lol. I am sorry, I was assuming when you said “Thief having access to stealth can walk through a full army”, you meant stealthing, and walking through a full army. Not using Daggerstorm and dodge rolling through. You might as well have a Warrior pop Endure Pain and use Shield Stance and send them through.

And check that out in comparison to your “thief killing someone with a single blow” QQ

in Warrior

Burnfall.9573

Lol. I am sorry, I was assuming when you said “Thief having access to stealth can walk through a full army”, you meant stealthing, and walking through a full army. Not using Daggerstorm and dodge rolling through. You might as well have a Warrior pop Endure Pain and use Shield Stance and send them through.

And check that out in comparison to your “thief killing someone with a single blow” QQ

lol it’s ok,

common… leave warriors alone already

in Warrior

Posted by: Arlette.9684

Arlette.9684

Dear Lord, this is the most awesome thing I’ve watched in a very long time. So Epic it hurts

Moira Dreamweaver lvl 80 Guardian [TG], Sky Mira lvl 80 Ranger [TG]
Isle of Janthir
All is Vain

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Bro, do you even War?

Yep man, in case you didn’t played PvP recently, the only way to be competitive in that mode is to have at least one warrior in a team.

you mean the only way to play Warrior in PvP.

the so called Hambow build, actually this shows for clear that warrior isn’t viable unless you go hambow.

for a mode like “Conquest”, hambow sure is strong, you need that capture point but a Hambow standing there.

you cant kite him because you need the point & hes comfortable setting there also maxing his toughness and got Healing signet + Adrenaline health working for him.

condi him ? np F1 LB the whole point traited with cleansing ire is a 100% 2-3 conditions removal.

melee him ? good luck with that.

Hambow in PvP does not suffer from the huge telegraphing the Warrior got, for the simple reason that you need to enter the point and must engage the warrior in a very small area within melee reach.

so you see, the hambow is built exclusively to bunker points in PvP and killing anything dares to enter, outside “Conquest”, Hambow is weak, not viable at all, average kiting is all you need against it.

All the QQ in the world is because of this build, ppl blaming healing signet blaming CC blaming cleansing ire, but they don’t blame the real thing that made this build viable the “Conquest” mode.

a “TeamDeath match” mode and this build is gone.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Sorry but, a warrior fights his enemies, swings at away at them, until they die. An assassin kills them before they have a chance to fight back.

You swing a metal pole at someone a few times they may die or they may wind up in the hospital. You jump out of a bush and jam a wooden stick through someones eye and into their brain, its game over.

There you go…role play…use some imagination.

in Warrior

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

if you are referring to pve i will agree with you but i tried to play other classes too the only class i hate leveling is ele they are so squishy. But if you are referring PVP this is QQ because i encounter a necromancer in WvW he cast a condi on me and my guild mate we never expect the outcome our 25k hp 3.4k armor is nothing and i’m using the OP Healing Signet , Adrenal Regen , Mango Pie , Cleansing Ire , Dodge march my hp is like a bottle with a leakage. well the good part is the necro admits his build is OP because we watch him faceroll every class he face while his running around spamming condi now tell me again how OP warrior? either your a newbie or not dodging if you come here and post warrior is OP in TPVP and WvW because you want your class to face roll every class with 1 build like other korean MMO.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daerian.6523

Daerian.6523

First of all, let me talk about a thing call Common Sense. Common Sense tells us that there are no way a wooden stick(daggers) can hit more damage than a metal rod(hammer, great sword, sword, axe). I end will end this part here because you intentionally refuse to understand me.

By your own logic, fire hot enought to melt steel and giant rocks from space should insta kill anyone hit by them. This is common sense. And this is why we don’t use common sense for game balance.
Unless you want t be one shoted by all elementalist from 1200 range. Oh wait, such range is too small for magic, this is common sense. There is no reason for giant rocks from space to hit only from such small range.

Also you are totally incorrect about Ragnarok Online, Assasin Class and Guild Wars Assassin doing more damage than Warrior Class. Again, good effort.

Yup, totally. Only one of the greatest points of Reneval in Ragnarock was nerfing Assasin Cross Deadly Poison damage to stop them from dominating WoE and PvP. But what could I say… i just played this game for 6 or 7 years.
On another note, I really love how empty fists or iron knucles of Monk deal even more damage than any Knight or Assasin blade. Common sense fails~

Secondly, this is my Favorite one… thief having less Survivability than a warrior and a Guardian??? Oh my!!

We are extremely sorry that you can’t play your warrior or guardian right. With little more experience in play you will be able to do it, don;t be discouraged ;-)

Thief have 17 high output damages traits in their trait line, why not put them at the top place?

We all welcome 30/30/30/30/30/30 builds with 10 additional Major Traits Slots and 4 weapon slots. To not talk about fact that % Traits alone don’t make DPS build, but good synergy between them and class skills.
And I’m pretty sure you have never seen perma Lava Font or Lightning Hammer Elementalist, cause then you would be here crying about their damage, not Thieves.

And your list of Guardian’s “DPS Traits” shows perfectly how do you not know anything about this class, missing on all extremely important minors or vulnerability on blind.

(edited by Daerian.6523)

in Warrior

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

burnfall pls go

in Warrior

Burnfall.9573

By your own logic, fire hot enought to melt steel and giant rocks from space should insta kill anyone hit by them. This is common sense. And this is why we don’t use common sense for game balance.
Unless you want t be one shoted by all elementalist from 1200 range. Oh wait, such range is too small for magic, this is common sense. There is no reason for giant rocks from space to hit only from such small range.

Yup, totally. Only one of the greatest points of Reneval in Ragnarock was nerfing Assasin Cross Deadly Poison damage to stop them from dominating WoE and PvP. But what could I say… i just played this game for 6 or 7 years.
On another note, I really love how empty fists or iron knucles of Monk deal even more damage than any Knight or Assasin blade. Common sense fails~

We are extremely sorry that you can’t play your warrior or guardian right. With little more experience in play you will be able to do it, don;t be discouraged ;-)

We all welcome 30/30/30/30/30/30 builds with 10 additional Major Traits Slots and 4 weapon slots. To not talk about fact that % Traits alone don’t make DPS build, but good synergy between them and class skills.
And I’m pretty sure you have never seen perma Lava Font or Lightning Hammer Elementalist, cause then you would be here crying about their damage, not Thieves.

And your list of Guardian’s “DPS Traits” shows perfectly how do you not know anything about this class, missing on all extremely important minors or vulnerability on blind.

Of course I know about Guardian class; If you had paid attention to my posts than you would know why i did that.

Let me add this as well; thieves are a bigger threat here, not warriors"

As the saying goes, "what you can not see…. can kill you"

How many warriors have i killed with ranger? 100+
How many thieves have i killed with ranger? 0

How many warriors have died by the unseen thieves?
How many thieves have died by the visible warrior?

in Warrior

Burnfall.9573

burnfall pls go

I’m being Constructive and abiding by the Truth, is it too much for you?

in Warrior

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

I down invisible theives all day long with both warrior and guardian. Just wait still for a second when they go invis and when they think its safe to backstab, spam aoe.

Tada!

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Please, post more WvW videos to prove game balance, like WvW is balanced in some way.

Also, Burnfall, your arguments are laughable at best.

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

I’ve read it and while i do see your point there is a clear difference between having telegraphed skills and not having telegraphed skills. And one would obviously want the latter. It does detract from the class because you become more predictable and people can in turn counter that predictability. And having in game general knowledge also entails knowing warrior animations and knowing when to dodge them. And also having map awareness to better prevent being ganked by another player.

Fair enough, my logic might be flawed in that regard, however I mentioned it for a different purpose in which I will get back to later. But facerolling with a warrior in hotjoins doesn’t really hold any weight whatsoever (which many of these claims tend to be). And how do we define it? For all we know it could be 2v1s that people are fighting and that is how they define it. I remember picking up a mesmer for the first time and owning in hotjoin too. Must be easy, right?

And facing your own profession and somebody who is more experienced can also teach you that hey, I still have a lot to learn about how to master this class and play it to its full capability and that maybe I am not so unstoppable as I thought I was, and maybe, it isn’t so easy to be maximize my effectiveness Some classes are easier than others to pick up, but I think for the most part the gap closes quickly when talking about being masterful with their class. People who pick up warrior after playing another class just perhaps, maybe weren’t even very good with their original class to begin with. That is why when they pick up a class which is easier to understand and get a handle of, they do better. All possibilities need to be considered.

And even against other classes 1v1, typical warrior builds will struggle against Mesmers in general, condition engineers, a couple thief builds and dhuumfire necros although that is a little bit easier than the former classes i’ve mentioned. And most likely first time warriors will not be able to deal with them. That is where experience comes in and realizing that facerolling in some random hotjoin match isn’t the ceiling of the their potential; nor does it mean that is all there is to the class to learn.

Nobody here is talking about hotjoin, at least for me.
I’m talking about only TeamQ/SoloQ, when the team contribution and the chances to win fights are much higher on warriors compared to any other profession in the came, except perhaps some builds.

When I pick up Warrior from Elementalist, my MMR skyrockets. Seriously, I just win fights way more often than I do with any other profession.
And I don’t even have Champion Legionaire.

Ease to play is something, but when a build is also extremely effective while being easy to play, there it comes the “faceroll” definition.

Regarding skill telegraph, keep in mind that any telegraph is mitigated in PvP by the overabundance of Asuras and the huge clutter that fights usually have. So no, telegraph may make a difference in 1vs1 situations, but in teamfights, which is the situation when any hambow warrior wants to stay, skill telegraphs weight close to nothing.

And many people are talking about hot join/solo queue. Nobody denies (or that many people) that Hambow warriors are top tier builds in pvp. But so are Bunker Guardians (whom are arguably more essential than hambow warriors) and condition nukers such as Engis. Only thing that keeps Necros from top tier are hambow warriors. There are many other builds that are easy to play and can “faceroll” hard.

And not many people deny either that Elementalists are underpowered either, so comparing them to a warrior in PvP is baseless because they are also underpowered compared to many other classes. Besides, Warriors only have the hambow build that is truly viable in tournament play.

There is also more to balance than just PvP, in PvE it has been proven that warriors aren’t even the most damaging class. They can die just as easy to champions and elites. In WvW they get countered by many other builds 1v1 and in zerg fights, well, doesn’t really matter too much unless you run organized groups which in that case most of the classes are equally as helpful.

To achieve balance all modes need to be considered, or at least balanced separately if possible. And be weary that if people are calling for nerfs (mainly to the hambow build that has already been nerfed) that they will make already non-viable builds even more non-viable.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

And many people are talking about hot join/solo queue. Nobody denies (or that many people) that Hambow warriors are top tier builds in pvp. But so are Bunker Guardians (whom are arguably more essential than hambow warriors) and condition nukers such as Engis. Only thing that keeps Necros from top tier are hambow warriors. There are many other builds that are easy to play and can “faceroll” hard.

And not many people deny either that Elementalists are underpowered either, so comparing them to a warrior in PvP is baseless because they are also underpowered compared to many other classes. Besides, Warriors only have the hambow build that is truly viable in tournament play.

There is also more to balance than just PvP, in PvE it has been proven that warriors aren’t even the most damaging class. They can die just as easy to champions and elites. In WvW they get countered by many other builds 1v1 and in zerg fights, well, doesn’t really matter too much unless you run organized groups which in that case most of the classes are equally as helpful.

To achieve balance all modes need to be considered, or at least balanced separately if possible. And be weary that if people are calling for nerfs (mainly to the hambow build that has already been nerfed) that they will make already non-viable builds even more non-viable.

There is unviability because there is another build which is simply better, then there is unviability because of impossibility to play it competitively in PvP.

For instance, Greatsword is unviable in PvP because of its design, while Axe or Mace are greatly viable, but see no play at all just because hambow build flat out outshine them in nodefights.

That said, I’m perfectly fine about warriors being able to output that amount of stuns and AoE damage as far as there is a risk associated with that.
Sadly, there is no risk at all about it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I did the same thing with my warrior. I picked a random hammer mace/shield build and just completely wrecked people without much practice. After about 3 hours of actually playing the build, I felt like I was unstoppable and could take on anything, and winning 1v2 fights easily enough. I still struggle with uneven fights on my necromancer, most of which I don’t win, and I have over 3000 hours logged on that class.

This is what you say without any proof, with my guardian i often face warriors winning the fight (sometime i lose of course), do i find only noob warriors or maybe reality is different from how you picture it? If the class is so OP and easy to play any noob should destroy me (or everyone else) pretty much every time.

Not sure if this counts as proof, but sure. I can try.

I haven’t sPvPed in months. Look at the solo queue stats, especially. I decided to dust off my warrior and kitten around on it. Those 4 solo queue wins were all on my warrior. The one loss, we lost by 2 points, and that was because the other team sniped Svanir for the win. Standard Hammer / Mace/Shield combo. I just go in and wreck people without any prior experience with the build. Its really easy to succeed with a warrior as long as you don’t try to stand there and HB people.

Attachments:

Stuff goes here.

in Warrior

connieboy.9840

Yep, warrior is relatively easy to play.

But if played right, many other classes are stronger and shouldn’t have any problem whatsoever with Warrior in PvP (D/D Ele, Necro, Thief, Guardian, Mesmer…)

bad warrior is usually better than a bad <any other class>
good warrior is on par/weaker than many good <any other class>
(this excludes Ranger and only Ranger… Ranger is awful (in PvP – PvE Sword they rock) and I hope they get some good loving.)

So what I get from this thread is, you crybabies are all terrible and need to learn to play.

Can’t tell if trolling? Warrior is definitely THE strongest class right now, all around.

Bad warrior is usually the equivalent of your average player.
Good warrior is usually on par or slightly worse than a very experienced player on another class

Class with most forgiving mechanics, lowest-risk for highest-reward game play and you are trying to tell me a D/D Ele should have no excuse for not beating that?

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Connieboy you’ve taken Arganthiums spot as #1 complainer, GJ.

I thought maybe you only devoted 50% of your time to complaining and the other 50% was making constructive comments…but going by your post history…Nope!

There isn’t much reason for me to post something constructive at this point either as every post is just you repeating the same thing about low-risk high reward with slightly different wording.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

in Warrior

Posted by: Arlette.9684

Arlette.9684

Connieboy you’ve taken Arganthiums spot as #1 complainer, GJ.

I thought maybe you only devoted 50% of your time to complaining and the other 50% was making constructive comments…but going by your post history…Nope!

There isn’t much reason for me to post something constructive at this point either as every post is just you repeating the same thing about low-risk high reward with slightly different wording.

Serious troll is serious!

Moira Dreamweaver lvl 80 Guardian [TG], Sky Mira lvl 80 Ranger [TG]
Isle of Janthir
All is Vain

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Nice troll thread,why is this still up ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

Next time take some time to make a video of your kills and provide a link to this build you found online, without proofs your claims are bullkitten.

norn warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

No – warrior isn’t – the ezMode is guardian.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

Not sure if this counts as proof, but sure. I can try.

I haven’t sPvPed in months. Look at the solo queue stats, especially. I decided to dust off my warrior and kitten around on it. Those 4 solo queue wins were all on my warrior. The one loss, we lost by 2 points, and that was because the other team sniped Svanir for the win. Standard Hammer / Mace/Shield combo. I just go in and wreck people without any prior experience with the build. Its really easy to succeed with a warrior as long as you don’t try to stand there and HB people.

Assuming those 5 games were played with the warrior, winning them doesn’t mean the class is unbalanced.

norn warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Hey guys! I played Mesmer for the first time and I was top scoring in my PvP match! True story bro! I probably got carried, rolled with at least 3 people at all times, stayed on the point just to boost my score when I could of been helping somebody else. Because score tells the whole story right and it means I’m the best!

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Burnfall.9573

(Warriors should be Balanced like the Lion; as King of the Jungle—Balanced as King of the Classes)-

I agree that Warriors are way OP and i understand that this class need immediate Balance.

Even myself i find this totally Ridiculous; how can a heavy armor class have Extreme Mobilities and Extreme Resistance to everything and barely can die?

Where do you ever hear a Lion (King of the Jungle), being Immune to Everything, being Extreme Powerful (OP) and having Extreme Mobilities?

How Ludicrous would it be if a Lion had mobilities Ike a cheetah?

How Ludicrous would it be if a Lion had immunity to every disease/conditions like a shark?

How Ludicrous would it be if a Lion were Invulnerable to even death …like a Tardigrades

How Ludicrous would it be if a Lion was Immortal like a God?

Whoever or Whomever created and designed the Lion, did a Great Job! in Balancing them . Especially abiding by the Nature of Balance which ask and demand that; to Balance, one must have weakness, strength and to NOT be GODS.

Here in Guild Wars 2. Arena.net “Balance” is having Eternal Life, having God Like Powers, having Everlasting Abundance and being Immortal as a GOD.

What a Total Insult and Disgrace to The Nature of Balance

(ELementalists and Mesermers; you two need to be Balanced…as for Thieves and Rangers- you two need an immediate complete Redesign)

in Warrior

Posted by: Berry.3054

Berry.3054

(Warriors should be Balanced like the Lion; as King of the Jungle—Balanced as King of the Classes)-

I agree that Warriors are way OP and i understand that this class need immediate Balance.

Even myself i find this totally Ridiculous; how can a heavy armor class have Extreme Mobilities and Extreme Resistance to everything and barely can die?

Where do you ever hear a Lion (King of the Jungle), being Immune to Everything, being Extreme Powerful (OP) and having Extreme Mobilities?

How Ludicrous would it be if a Lion had immunity to every disease/conditions like a shark?

How Ludicrous would it be if a Lion were Invulnerable to even death …like a Tardigrades

Whoever or Whomever created and designed the Lion, did a Great Job! in Balancing them . Especially abiding by the Nature of Balance which ask and demand that; to Balance, one must have weakness, strength and to NOT be GODS.

Here in Guild Wars 2. Arena.net “Balance” is having Eternal Life, having God Like Powers, having Everlasting Abundance and being Immortal as a GOD.

(ELementalists and Mesermers; you two need to be Balanced…as for Thieves and Rangers- you two need an immediate complete Redesign)

This made my day.

in Warrior

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

So, what do you think about reducing the warrior ranged capabilities (like making the range shorter etc) so it doesn’t do the ranger’s work better than a ranger? ;D

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Lions balanced.

Humans OP plz nerf’em.

(However, the whole problem came because the warrior risked to be thrown out of pvp because of its weakness. But instead of making up for it buffing accordingly to the class design, they just added a band-aid buff that turned some weaknesses into strength. Beneath all that shiny stuff, a broken yet beautifully designed class still lies.)

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

in a serious skilled duel.

Warrior is no where near easy, i can go so far and say not even viable in that area.

in Warrior

Posted by: Undeadkemea.4865

Undeadkemea.4865

This is adressed to Burnfall for his interesting ways of wording things and concluding a certain so called percieved truth!

Dude….you rant on and on in Thief forum and now you go about blabbering here? Ok fine, to answer your big question about where a wooden stick (I have no idea why you would call a dagger a wooden stick) hits more than a metal rod (Mace and hammers, yeah I get that) in real life. The answer to that is no where, but you probably already knew that.

Back to MMOs which utilise weapons etc. This is coming from my own history of MMOs which started at Knight Online, went into Warhammer Online, Guild Wars 1, Rift, World of Warcraft. Each and every MMO a dagger did more damage when compared to other melee weapons. You asked for damage, not sustained damage.

Of the classes which utilised daggers in those MMOs, they did not have the highest sustained damage but they had the highest burst damage or highest non-specified damage. Why did they have that? Usually the classes wielding a dagger wore a lower tier of armor than the usual warriors in those games.

Use that common sense of yours, if a heavy armored guy had the highest damage combined with the highest amount of survivability which his armor and class usually made sure of…where is the balance in that?
Also to get back to the common sense regarding weapons, a dagger is a more precise weapon, you can attack faster. The drawback is that is has such a short reach compared to swords/axes/greatswords and the like. It is only logical that someone with a dagger inflicts more damage when he gets close, since he can aim for the vital parts a tad easier and faster.

n guild wars 2 we have the warrior with high survivability, high mobility (granted that’s tied to the sword and greatsword only), high sustained damage output, high burst (Hello Rifle/Axe/Greatsword/Longbow/Hammer, I am not sure if hammer still counts after nerf).
What does the thief have? High mobility (granted that is tied to shortbow ports and 1 utility, almost no access to swiftness), Low survivability (Calling the use of stealth survivability in PvE is correct, seeing the mobs disengage. In PvP and WvW it doesn’t count as higher survivability because the players can still AoE the crap out of the place where the thief could be. We don’t get invulnerability when going into stealth, play a thief and find out), high burst but lower sustained damage.

I just don’t get your eternal hatred towards thieves man, really. Have we killed you that many times over without you being able to figure out we still take damage while stealthed? If a thief runs away from a duel, you won. Sure it may be annoying to notice the thief to stealth and run away but let me tell you, it is way more frustrating than being able to SEE a warrior FLY AWAY with his greatsword/sword and not being able to catch up with him as a thief using heartseeker/steal and/or ports. before the warrior hides in a tower.

P.S. The warrior = the holy trinity in 1 class. It can heal/do a ton of damage/support with CC. GJ Anet :P

in Warrior

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

If a thief runs away from a duel, you won.

A worn out cliche that is laughably used by Thieves to prove they are balanced.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Luto.1938

Luto.1938

And if that thief did not run away you’d still win. Stealth isn’t a survivability tool unless it can be used to run away. The way a thief is supposed to fight isn’t head on, its jump in and stab stab then disengage. Then jump in stab stab disengage, and repeat till target is dead or you have to run away because your not doing enough dps to win. Good thieves understand this are opportunists and pick fights they can win. That’s why a good thief will always be called OP. They survive to jump in when it best suits them.

Luto Locke
Twitch Stream

in Warrior

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

XP + Loot = a win. Anything else is psychobabble.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

In PvP, it is true.
If a thief just harrass you on a node, he’s pretty much doing nothing relevant to the team and his team is probably dying outnumbered at mid point.
That’s why people get mad when thieves rush far in SoloQ.

in Warrior

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

First of all, good effort on your part in attempting to deceive me with false information. Seriously, good effort.

As the saying goes, “without common sense, you are brain dead”

By the way… here are some homeworks for you…

http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hammer
http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Axe
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Daggers

Please read! I said Damage not Burst; 2 different meaning.

Where are my Stealth Thieves? i leave this one to guys.

Third of all, I am not a Follower of Guanglai Kangyi, I am a Follow of the Truth

Let’s compare Elelmentalist and Mesmers trait lines to Thief trait lines; as we know, traits are key factors in determining weapons output damage.

Elementalist Traits

Fire Magic- 6,12
Air Magic- 7,10
Earth Magic- 6
Water Magic- 4,6
Arcana- 2, 7.

Mesmers Trairs

Domination- 1, 3, 10
Dueling- 2, 11
Illusions- 1, 3

Thief Traits

Deadly Arts- 1, 3, 4, 7, 9, 10
Critical Strikes- 2, 3, 5, 9, 12
Shadow Arts- 7,
Acrobatics- 2, 3
Trickery- 4, 5, 7

Where do you find Elementalist being first in high ouput damage in the trait line? They only have 9 high output damage traits in their trait lines??

Where do you find Memsers being 2nd in high output damage in the trait line? They only have 7 high output damage traits in their trait lines??

I save this sad one for last; My Sympathy and Condolences to the Guardian

Guardian Traits-

Zeal- 4,5,7,9,11
Radiance- 10,11
Honor- 8
Virtues- 1

Once again you are incorrect.. Guardian are not in the 4th place but is tied with Elementalist in having 9 high damage trait in the trait line? What the…?. This is totally Outrageous!!

In conclusion,

I conclude the Truth

I eliminate the Untruth

The first thing I think that needs addressing is this is:

How are daggers wooden sticks? I mean….Really?

Okay, now for some actual discussion.

The thief has a lot of multiplier traits because their coefficients for individual skills are relatively low and balanced around repeated uses. For comparison purposes only (I’m not arguing warriors are OP here) let’s look at some coefficients between warriors and thieves since they are both melee range, physical, non-AI using combatants:

Eviscerate has a 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0 multiplier depending on adrenaline level. It has a 0.75 second cast time, a 300 range leap, and a CD of between 8-10 seconds (rounding).

Heartseeker has a 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0 multiplier for each of the opponents health ranges. It also has a 0.75 second cast time, and a leap of 450. Without successive uses or some type of specific multiplier from traits (which Axe has as well), the damage is in fact lower. You could also compare backstab ( the thief’s highest multipler of 2.4), but that has no leap and requires positional and situational conditions to be met.

Again, this isn’t an argument of OP vs. UP for warriors and thieves, it is simply a numerical comparison of damage. Thieves need those multipliers to bring their damage up to the base level of the other front line melee class.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

(edited by Maugetarr.6823)

in Warrior

Posted by: Undeadkemea.4865

Undeadkemea.4865

Nowhere do I mention that thieves are balanced by running away, it’s more like the other way around. If we have to run away from someone, that means we cannot kill that person. Stealth and player disability to figure out where we are on time helps us get away. When a skilled person (aka usually a person who has played a thief before and understands the concept) will down and kill a lot of thief players when they go into stealth. This is because they know what thieves usually try to do in stealth.

in Warrior

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Where in MMo history will you ever see or hear a dagger can output high damage close to if more than a hammer, axe, greatsword, sword, mace and a shield?

None whatsoever

Well…………only in Guild Wars 2

This is silly…

Having a dagger thrust into the spine at your neck surely does more damage than an axe or hammer to the leg.

Like most games, GW2 have a very unrealistic approach to damage. I.e., suffering from a “Headshot”, “Backbreaker”, or a sword, impaled through your chest is just a slight decrease of your health.

Thieves have the lowest health while Warriors have the most health of all professions (shared with the Necro). The Warrior is balanced in such a way that they’re supposed to be able to handle a head-on approach (by utilizing this health and Heavy armor), while Thieves relies entirely on evasion.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Where in MMo history will you ever see or hear a dagger can output high damage close to if more than a hammer, axe, greatsword, sword, mace and a shield?

None whatsoever

Well…………only in Guild Wars 2

This is silly…

Having a dagger thrust into the spine at your neck surely does more damage than an axe or hammer to the leg.

Like most games, GW2 have a very unrealistic approach to damage. I.e., suffering from a “Headshot”, “Backbreaker”, or a sword, impaled through your chest is just a slight decrease of your health.

Thieves have the lowest health while Warriors have the most health of all professions (shared with the Necro). The Warrior is balanced in such a way that they’re supposed to be able to handle a head-on approach (by utilizing this health and Heavy armor), while Thieves relies entirely on evasion.

I think we should all stop talking about realism…

I mean, mesmers can drag space and time into the gutter and shoot both in the head twice, if needed.