Warrior, the official GW2 easy mode? :D

in Warrior

Posted by: Shatters.7315

Shatters.7315

The fact that somebody like burnfall can play a warrior and be succesfull with it says enough about the current strenght of the warrior.

In fact, i joined the bandwagen a few days ago as a ham/bow warrior. Compared to ele and thief, this class is so forgiving in solo que. Along with 21khp with a zerker amulet, ~500 regen/sec with adrealine full, best starting armor, 18s of stability, near-permanent rage+swiftness, great CC with hammer and longbow #5, great area denial with longbow and hammer f1+f4, awsome condition cleansing, 10s condition inmunity, 10% additional damage reduction thnx to dolyak signet, great acces to might (longbow f1+longbow3+hammer f1+might from elite+might from swap, for starters). Along with being able to swap weapons every 5s (and gaining might and adrealine while doing so). The only thing this build “misses” is a decent mobility skill, such as a leap (as you usually wont have hammer f1 while moving).ATM i got 60% solo que win on my warrior after 30 games of solo que, without ever playing warrior before, and only doing solo que. On my thief i manged to get to ~55% with over 1,2k hours played on that character, and 100’s of matches played. Either im a natural warrior player (doubtfull) or the ham/bow guild is just really a faceroll easymode build.

TLDR: ham/bow warrior is easy 2 play, has almost no downsides but has a great amount of strenghts. Mistakes are easly corrected thanks to extreme passive regen, condition inmunity, amount of CC, cleanses and stability. Only downside is their lack of mobility (as far as near perma-swiftness is weak mobility)

in Warrior

Posted by: Zero.5034

Zero.5034

lol burnfall… all of your posts sound like role play.. Game balance isn’t based on “reality” or “common sense” it’s based off numbers and game mechanics. We’re talking about a game where plant people can hold daggers made of fire.. lol.. think about that.. a freaking ficus that can go invisible and holding a dagger made of fire.. and you’re argument is “common sense”? Please role play in another forum.

Warden Streicher [AoS]

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

The fact that somebody like burnfall can play a warrior and be succesfull with it says enough about the current strenght of the warrior.

In fact, i joined the bandwagen a few days ago as a ham/bow warrior. Compared to ele and thief, this class is so forgiving in solo que. Along with 21khp with a zerker amulet, ~500 regen/sec with adrealine full, best starting armor, 18s of stability, near-permanent rage+swiftness, great CC with hammer and longbow #5, great area denial with longbow and hammer f1+f4, awsome condition cleansing, 10s condition inmunity, 10% additional damage reduction thnx to dolyak signet, great acces to might (longbow f1+longbow3+hammer f1+might from elite+might from swap, for starters). Along with being able to swap weapons every 5s (and gaining might and adrealine while doing so). The only thing this build “misses” is a decent mobility skill, such as a leap (as you usually wont have hammer f1 while moving).ATM i got 60% solo que win on my warrior after 30 games of solo que, without ever playing warrior before, and only doing solo que. On my thief i manged to get to ~55% with over 1,2k hours played on that character, and 100’s of matches played. Either im a natural warrior player (doubtfull) or the ham/bow guild is just really a faceroll easymode build.

TLDR: ham/bow warrior is easy 2 play, has almost no downsides but has a great amount of strenghts. Mistakes are easly corrected thanks to extreme passive regen, condition inmunity, amount of CC, cleanses and stability. Only downside is their lack of mobility (as far as near perma-swiftness is weak mobility)

The build in itself is not invincible (as a warrior can kill them with heavily burst oriented builds… but I’m talking about warriors, because I like the class and try to fight fotmers). The problem is that there is no stituation where it’s actually underwhelming.
You are powerful in teamfights, a force to be reckoned with in 1v1 fights on side nodes, allright for holding the point for a while…

Warrior is supposed to be a simple class, its mechanics are really simple and straightforward (not necessarily shallow). Before the buffs the difficulty came when you had to build one. There wasn’t any “good for all”, or best overall build. You had to have in mind a situation where you wanted to shine, and know what tools to pick to make that work. Less skill (if we intend it as twitch and coordination) involved, more strategy.

The class was underwhelming, but Anet buffed Warrior’s weaknesses (cleansing and sustain) instead of his strengths (mobility/damage). By this way instead of having specialize, yet effective builds we got good at everything builds. Which are cheesy.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself