Warrior versus Thief in PVE

in Warrior

Posted by: Sonea.8056

Sonea.8056

Hi, First sorry for my bad English.

I want to complain against the warriors in PvE.

I play a thief, a class called “glasscanon” like the war and I find myself in every way inferior to them. I love to PVE in game, I finished several times all the way dungeons and I am currently in fractal level 21.

Even though my class isn’t necessarily the most to be pitied, I think the warrior must undergo a nerve for pve (I’m not talking about pvp).

The warrior are easily 2-3 times more damage than a thief.
They are much more survability in view of their armor and their lives.
They can be much more useful at support build.

I’m trying several different build, I don’t think I can get to their ankle. Whatever my build at level playing field for me it’s better to take a warrior.
I don’t understand the polithique anet to leave the war as it is in pve even if it is true that this is not necessarily a class called op in pvp. In the future a reduction in pve damage is possible?

in Warrior

Posted by: Methias.3521

Methias.3521

2/10 you aren’t even trying. Just stop.

in Warrior

Posted by: Arahzor.1832

Arahzor.1832

Let me then put it like this, why you go glasscanon? Stack toughness and vitality and power then, trait for survivabillity with some dps.

A warrior in 100% full dps have about 18k hp, less then 1k toughness, one healing, endure pain/no regeneration/no protection/no 4-8 times evades/no stealths/no blindness.

Arahor Aure [DVDF]

in Warrior

Sonea.8056

Nop i mean, i need to make sacrifice but more than warrior and for less damage.

Attachments:

(edited by Sonea.8056)

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

The fact that thieves are mediocre in PvE has absolutely nothing to do with warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: LordThroat.7890

LordThroat.7890

Dude if you think about it, warriors are meant to be tanky and thieves are meant to be squishy….

And the reason you aren’t doing damage is because you have no points in the top traitline. I Would take points out of toughness and buff power and vitality

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Anything is viable in PvE to be honest. But yeah the difference in roles, Warrior is the initiator and Thief is supposed to follow up.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

Sonea.8056

I am not saying i do no damage. I say for the same amount of point warrior is just more tanky/glass canon. I know in pvp warrior have some pb cuse this spell are easly avoid but what is the point for pve? IA avoid nothing they just make ton of damage easly.

in Warrior

Posted by: eXs.6210

eXs.6210

How can warrior be more tanky and glass cannon at the same time?

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

a thief losing to a warrior is just terrible. Literally, walk up to them because they have nothing that can one shot you even at glass cannon (which I roll on my thief) Cloak and dagger them and proceed to do whatever you want. either let them waste their evades and use shadow refuge to wait or burst them down with d/d, s/d (which I prefer even with nerf) or s/p. You can even take it a step further and invis, use trip wire on top of them, haste and use 2 pistol whips then cloak then backstab. If they are using a greatsword its almost an instant win because you should know their attacks. Everything is to get you cornered/knocked down for 100b. if they knock you down and they actually try to use that, shadow step behind them and destroy. with your trait set up you should heal for full life prob every time u use shadow and half when u go invis (didnt look at ur traits number selection, but at a brief glimpse it seems thats the route you took). Warrior is a beast but against Thief and Ele he has a serious problem currently. Thief has a lot more problems against Guards and Mesmers

in Warrior

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

the OP is talking about PvE…

my main is a Thief, and I`m 51% sure that in Sea of Sorrows, a warr has an easier time and kills crabs faster than a Thief… well than me, let`s not talk about all the thiefs.

in Warrior

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

a thief losing to a warrior is just terrible. Literally, walk up to them because they have nothing that can one shot you even at glass cannon (which I roll on my thief) Cloak and dagger them and proceed to do whatever you want. either let them waste their evades and use shadow refuge to wait or burst them down with d/d, s/d (which I prefer even with nerf) or s/p. You can even take it a step further and invis, use trip wire on top of them, haste and use 2 pistol whips then cloak then backstab. If they are using a greatsword its almost an instant win because you should know their attacks. Everything is to get you cornered/knocked down for 100b. if they knock you down and they actually try to use that, shadow step behind them and destroy. with your trait set up you should heal for full life prob every time u use shadow and half when u go invis (didnt look at ur traits number selection, but at a brief glimpse it seems thats the route you took). Warrior is a beast but against Thief and Ele he has a serious problem currently. Thief has a lot more problems against Guards and Mesmers

I´m afraid that the OP speaks about PvE, so you had kinda missed with this reply….

#ELEtism 4ever

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

OP is lost. This is not sparta the thief forum.

Warriors are better than thieves in PvE not because there’s anything wrong with warriors in PvE, but because everything is better than thieves in PvE. Even rangers have something going for them when fighting AI (though I do come across ever so slightly fewer rangers in dungeons than I do thieves).

in Warrior

Posted by: azmodeus.3409

azmodeus.3409

yes we are awesome in pve.

in Warrior

Posted by: Plaxy.4617

Plaxy.4617

Thieves not good in Pve wtf……

Lets Can easily drop aggro, ((infact is the only class that can drop agro with a heavy hitting attack))
Can Hit for tons of damage repeatedly
Can turn a room full of mobs into a constant reset of 1v1 drawing em out and stealthing ((when mobs drop aggro they typically go back to there spot))
Can teleport in out of Melee and repeated put blind up
Can place aoe blind field on himself and repeatedly attack with little Risk to himself.
Can speck to aoe blind all mobs around him everytime he stealths.
Do all this and wear Berserker Gear. with little penalty to Defensive abilities mainly being Blind stealth and Dazes.

All this and still compete with a Glass Cannon warrior who has little defence for self survival other than a higher than average health pool for Glass cannons.

Warriors can spec glass cannon and hopefully kill the mobs before he gets attacked
Has a few CC on massive Cooldowns….((compared to the thief who can quite litterly spam his CC in comparisons))
Speck Bunker sacrificing a load of damage potentiall killing Mobs much slower than a thief.

Not to say the warrior is not good at PvE in fact with its health and versitility its actually very good, what I’m really saying is the Thief is the last class that should be saying the warrior is OP in PvE. To state I have raised a Ranger and a Thief to 80 and a warrior to 55 and so far the Thief has been clearly the easier ride there.

in Warrior

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

This has nothing to do with warriors really.

Thief is weaker in PvE than most (all classes really) due to the same mechanic that makes them so strong in PvP which is initiative. Thieves basically have no cooldowns, which gives them the BEST front loaded burst possible (insanely good for PvP). That being said, once their low on initiative, they lose alot of damage. This matters alot more in PvE where you have longer drawn out fights, and are fighting things that wont die in ~3-5 seconds.

What weapon you use is gonna matter alot too. d/d isn’t a good PvE dungeon weapon set; you probably want to be using like sb, or p/p and play from range.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in Warrior

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

Thief in PvE should learn to use a pistol off-hand and spam blindness. Problem solved.

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

in Warrior

Posted by: Karazul.2934

Karazul.2934

Sorry but you have to learn how to play a thief (my main).

I have all classes at lvl 50 at least except mesmer (yes, I bought other char slots) and In my opinion the thief is the best in open world PvE/dungeons, even better then warrior or guardian. You just have to learn to use condition damage and forget about power/crit. With condition damage you can forget about power and crit, and focus on vitality/tough. My spec is 0/0/10/30/30 right now, with d/d and p/d off.

I can agroo 10 mobs, spam caltrops + death blossom + caltrop dogdes + CnD (stealth) and wait them die in less than 8 secs. I can have perma swiftness easy and even ignore mobs if i want, dropping agro with CnD. I kill melee champions just bleeding them to death.

The downside? Two…
You are not good at zerg events in Orr… And in dungeons you have to be the only one aplyin bleed, because of the 25 cap. And i can alone reach the cap in seconds.

Oh, I almost forgot… you will also be very strong in PvP. I can kill any class 1v1 and the only one that gives me some trouble is BS thief.

in Warrior

Posted by: Servanin.5021

Servanin.5021

This has nothing to do with warriors really.

Thief is weaker in PvE than most (all classes really) due to the same mechanic that makes them so strong in PvP which is initiative. Thieves basically have no cooldowns, which gives them the BEST front loaded burst possible (insanely good for PvP). That being said, once their low on initiative, they lose alot of damage. This matters alot more in PvE where you have longer drawn out fights, and are fighting things that wont die in ~3-5 seconds.

What weapon you use is gonna matter alot too. d/d isn’t a good PvE dungeon weapon set; you probably want to be using like sb, or p/p and play from range.

It can feel that way due to the feeling of initiative regenerating, but at 1 initiative per 1.67 seconds, its 8.35 seconds per black powder or 5.01 seconds per heartseeker. This is before any initiative traits or skills.

For D/P or D/D stealth spam builds, you also have to wait 3 seconds between each stealth anyways, plus you get 2 initiative for every utility, heal or steal.

in Warrior

Posted by: Stanholo.5394

Stanholo.5394

Nop i mean, i need to make sacrifice but more than warrior and for less damage.

Well, there’s your problem right there. Your traits are all in French.

Kastagyr 80 Warrior
Kastigir 80 Guardian
Ascalon’s Requiem [END] – Blackgate

in Warrior

Posted by: Bish.8627

Bish.8627

To dps in melee, and be of use to a group, as a warrior, you have to add some soldier gear, for example my axe/sheild build does decent dps, stacks vulns, and is mostly soldier gear with berserker accessories.

Now to tank a dungeon, I basically do hardly any damage as I am entirely soldier/cleric geared, I then shout/heal and tank. I massive sacrifice for the group. I have seen glass canon warriors in dungeons, even 4-5 signet ones, yes they do decent damage, but if an enemy even looks at them, they go down, which is no good to a group as they have to risk themselves getting them back up.

I feel for theives in pve, honestly, but there is no relation to the warrior. Other classes are strong in pve, not just warrior.