Warrior vs Guardian duels

in Warrior

Posted by: Pagan.7359

Pagan.7359

Some friends and I are having a 1v1 tourney for bragging rights. I know there will be a lot of guardians and necros. How does the warrior stack up against Guardians in duels? I believe the best guardian player that will be there is using a triple meditation build. Any suggested builds for this event?

in Warrior

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

I just try to avoid the sword auto #3, hammer mighty blow and banish, and GS binding blade/symbol/whirling wrath combo and I usually don’t lose. Leap of faith and focus blinds are easy enough to dodge, too. Don’t need condi removal on your skill bar so just use balanced stance, dolyak and endure pain. Everything will be peachy.

Oh yeah, he’s going to have perma vigor and dodge all over the place so I would use GS/AxeSh combo. Rush or Whirlwind to him, Bladetrail (1 sec immo), Hundred Blades. Swap, auto chain him until about 30% or so, Throw Axe (1 sec immo) if he’s running then Shield Bash and Eviscerate his face.

/bow and ur done

(edited by SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453)

in Warrior

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

You are going to be dueling a guardian with a warrior. You will win. If you don’t…. be embarrassed.

Perma vigor? I love how well you don’t know our class hahahaha.

But seriously way to kill guard? Just use conditions and go tanky. Guards can’t deal damage easily, so if you go 30 in toughness and bring healing signet guards literally can’t kill you. OP Warrior for the win!

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Warrior

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Also use a bow. Guardians are slow. They can’t catch a warrior. Stay at distance and kill happily.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

I like bringing lots of hard CC to the party against Guardians. Lots of them do run stability of some kind, but with the on crit boon removal sigil you’ll more often than not strip them of it. Or I bring shout heals for the lolz as all their damage is completely negated without having to actually use a heal.

in Warrior

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Just run your roaming build. Certain builds are better vs certain guardian builds and some guardians builds are better than yours. I don’t get the people giving you advice on changing your gear and traits specifically to fight a Guardian. Seems like the weak way out and no way to improve yourself skill wise if everytime there is a new challenge you just move to the lobby and change your traits to make a build specifically to counter a certain one.

Half of these people who talk sound like that one guy on voip who knows everything and if they lose it’s cause they lag, your build is better, their keyboard/mouse died, the wind was in your favor… ect.

[DONE]

in Warrior

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

Perma vigor? I love how well you don’t know our class hahahaha.

I don’t get it? I have 1000+ hours on my guardian. Vigor on crit. Problem here?

in Warrior

Posted by: Leonschiggen.1860

Leonschiggen.1860

You can also bring Fear Me to interrupt his shelter since it’s unblockable.

Deathknight NA
twitch.tv/deznaito

in Warrior

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Against meditation guardians i would say 50:50 (maybe more in favor of the warrior), against other builds, ether the warrior will win or the fight will never end. Ofc only if the skill level is similiar.

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Against meditation guardians i would say 50:50 (maybe more in favor of the warrior), against other builds, ether the warrior will win or the fight will never end. Ofc only if the skill level is similiar.

Even using CC warrior?

Asking because Med Guards don’t have stability.

But on the other side they have vigor, blocks and blinds that might work, and their heals are uninterruptable.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Pagan.7359

Pagan.7359

Maybe I should have clarified. My warrior is level ten, I don’t know the class well. I need some basic info on a build to start practicing with. I’m thinking axe/mace, axe shield, or axe/axe for one weapon set to eviscerate. It seems like the bleeds from sword main hand would be too easily cleansed.

Debating mostly about whether the other weapon should be hammer, gs, or rifle.

A few utilities skill suggestions would be good.

in Warrior

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Even using CC warrior?

Asking because Med Guards don’t have stability.

But on the other side they have vigor, blocks and blinds that might work, and their heals are uninterruptable.

Well a meditation build can also be run with 2 meditations and stand your ground. So you have stability, if you need it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

-Destruction of the Empowered trait
-Empowered trait
-Balanced stance, endure pain, dolyak signet
-Greatsword sw/sw
-Rampage is wicked if they don’t have stability

Melt face

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

in Warrior

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

Just hope one of those guardians don’t use torch since torch > HS. Conditions and longbow are your friend like everyone said. I would say cc’s are actually not so hot against meditation guardians since well timed blocks and blinds will have you eating large portions of their bursts while you swing around slow cc weapons.

Don’t look at hammer.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

(edited by Monoman.2068)

in Warrior

Posted by: Eloquence.5207

Eloquence.5207

Lol Guardian has no health.

“L2P” according to pr0 Thieves
http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m16s
See, Blinding Powder is nothing.

in Warrior

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

But protection/aegis/perma vigor/blinds. Less health, but more defensive measures.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Warrior

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Most offensive guards have around 4 seconds of protection a minute if any at all. A few blinds, maybe vigor if traited. 2 aegis, one on opening and one on demand (that’s where protection comes in as well). Renewed focus brings back 1 aegis, protection(of traited) and a blind. A burst med guard isn’t looking for a long fight, he wants it over as soon as possible. If you can survive his initial burst just keep on top of him, shouldn’t be hard as guards have terrible mobility, and don’t let him heal. Healing surge>healing signet in this case as well.

in Warrior

Posted by: Eloquence.5207

Eloquence.5207

But protection/aegis/perma vigor/blinds. Less health, but more defensive measures.

High cool down. Plus a guardian would likely have insufficient damage to down a warrior.

“L2P” according to pr0 Thieves
http://youtu.be/k0YDuSLXcX8?t=3m16s
See, Blinding Powder is nothing.

in Warrior

Flissy.4093

High cool down. Plus a guardian would likely have insufficient damage to down a warrior.

Aegis has a long CD, but multiple sources – a low CD for what is actually is. Vigor is “perma” (5 seconds on crit, ICD of 5 seconds), with low CD blinds. The protection uptime is absolutely ridiculous.

They do, indeed, have lower damage, but guess what – Guardians bunker, and they bunker well. A bunker isn’t supposed to survive and dish out massive damage (Warrior nerfed for this reason) they’re meant to hold, and hold, and hold, until someone with a bit more punch arrives.

Light Up the Darkness

in Warrior

Furiousbeard.7602

Destruction of the empowered trait nullifies protection depending on how many buffs the guardian has.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

in Warrior

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Aegis has a long CD, but multiple sources – a low CD for what is actually is. Vigor is “perma” (5 seconds on crit, ICD of 5 seconds), with low CD blinds. The protection uptime is absolutely ridiculous.

They do, indeed, have lower damage, but guess what – Guardians bunker, and they bunker well. A bunker isn’t supposed to survive and dish out massive damage (Warrior nerfed for this reason) they’re meant to hold, and hold, and hold, until someone with a bit more punch arrives.

Vigor is only permanent if they have decent crit. Damage is only lower if they go bunker. I imagine the duels will take place in spvp, where guardian protection is nerfed. And remember, even with all the mitigation, he will have to time it to make up for around 50% less health. That said, survive the burst, then plant them, wear out there defenses with constant pressure and finish them off.

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Vigor is only permanent if they have decent crit. Damage is only lower if they go bunker. I imagine the duels will take place in spvp, where guardian protection is nerfed. And remember, even with all the mitigation, he will have to time it to make up for around 50% less health. That said, survive the burst, then plant them, wear out there defenses with constant pressure and finish them off.

Med guardian damage is nothing to sneeze at, too.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Dstroya.6705

Dstroya.6705

Destruction of the empowered trait nullifies protection depending on how many buffs the guardian has.

That would require the Guardian to have 11 boons up to nullify protection. There are only 9, so protection would still win out.

Players Killing Players [PVP] – Fort Aspenwood

in Warrior

Furiousbeard.7602

That would require the Guardian to have 11 boons up to nullify protection. There are only 9, so protection would still win out.

Haha, it doesn’t win out by much when he’s got 9 buffs up. 33%-27%=6% Damage mitigation. If you run the empowered trait which increases your damage by 1% per boon and you have 3-5 boons up, protection becomes a joke.

in Warrior

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

I have a guardian and a warrior.

As a guardian I used to duel a lot, A LOT, and i duel with my almost full cleric guardian vs a lot of kind of warriors. I win at almost all (i dont have high damage but i have a lot of sustainability and is matter of time till the warrior get down) you only need to avoid the burst damage (100b, eviscerate, etc.) and pay attention how to use stability and stunbreakers vs hammer/mace warriors. And never, never stop to do damage, because the signet of healing is pretty op.

The truly, truly problem for a guardian is a condi/bunker warrior with bow/sword. Is an autolose for the guardian, you havent decent range, you havent soft CC, and you cant clear that amount of conditions. You are pretty dead as guardian vs that kind of warriors.

in Warrior

Flissy.4093

The truly, truly problem for a guardian is a condi/bunker warrior with bow/sword. Is an autolose for the guardian, you havent decent range, you havent soft CC, and you cant clear that amount of conditions. You are pretty dead as guardian vs that kind of warriors.

Guardians struggling to remove conditions? * scratches head *

Light Up the Darkness

in Warrior

urieldhynne.2743

Guardians struggling to remove conditions? * scratches head *

You have a lot of condition removal, but not enough to deal with the condition spamming and re-apply system of this game (a lot of AA has conditions). A necro, a confusion mesmer or engi, is a nightmare. If you have low damage you cant nuke fast enough, you cant clear conditions for long in a prolonged fight, if you have high damage to nuke fast you have low survivability as guardian coz your low health pool.

You cant choose what condition remove, maybe you blow up all your condition removal and still have that 20 stacks of confusion.

Cripples, immobilize, chills and poison is the worst for a guardian imo.

Try it, go full condi bunker with bow, kite and spam conditions to a guardian and see how easy you kill him.

in Warrior

Furiousbeard.7602

Cool I’ll give it a shot

Bow + sword/warhorn

in Warrior

urieldhynne.2743

Cool I’ll give it a shot

Bow + sword/warhorn

See this video, the reapers part (min 3:53). That is a condi bunker. 30k health, a lot of armor. Is pretty tank with a lot of condi spam and condi damage.

He is fighting some guardians in the video.

in Warrior

Posted by: eddie.8492

eddie.8492

I play as a gaurdian as my main. I belive he will run the sword focus/gs build. if u use a bow he willl pop wall of reflection so thats almost a no go. as long as you get up to him fast pop a few condis and cc him out of the condi removal field and deny him the chance to signe of virtue you should be ok.
(I acctually run this build I win most 1v1s exept perhaps a gs mesmer

in Warrior

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

When i play guardian i usually have problems with condition warriors with my build.
Other than that fight 1vs1 with warrior are pretty long so usually backups arrives before we can end the fight.

norn warrior