Warrior with Resistance?

Warrior with Resistance?

in Warrior

Posted by: Supernatural Dawn.3194

Supernatural Dawn.3194

With the new 4 stat ascended armor you could in theory get 100% boon duration or at least 50% with another 50 from a paragon friend.

Using Superior Rune of the Revenant it gives you 2 seconds of resistance using a healing skill. If you chose Healing Signet as your healing skill that adds 6 seconds of resistance for a total of 8 seconds. With Signet Mastery it reduces the recharge to 16 seconds. 100% boon duration will give you 16 seconds of resistance. Close to permanent.

Would such a build be even viable or even worth it?

Warrior with Resistance?

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

With the new 4 stat ascended armor you could in theory get 100% boon duration or at least 50% with another 50 from a paragon friend.

Using Superior Rune of the Revenant it gives you 2 seconds of resistance using a healing skill. If you chose Healing Signet as your healing skill that adds 6 seconds of resistance for a total of 8 seconds. With Signet Mastery it reduces the recharge to 16 seconds. 100% boon duration will give you 16 seconds of resistance. Close to permanent.

Not worth it when you just equip strength and kill everyone

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

Warrior with Resistance?

in Warrior

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Only in a very specialized circumstance when you’re having a ton of problems solely with condi…

…but a very interesting idea…. Thank you for it… I think I wanna play around with the idea, if only to see what comes of it.

~EW

Warrior with Resistance?

in Warrior

Posted by: Supernatural Dawn.3194

Supernatural Dawn.3194

looks like perma swiftness and fury with signet of rage

Warrior with Resistance?

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Could you make the build in the build editor? That way we can have a more meaningful discussion where I know what the kitten were all talking about.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Warrior with Resistance?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Game mode and what you’re likely to be facing are a MAJOR factor for such an investment. In PvP I can confidently run resistance knowing there’s very little boon removal, aside from the focus of a necro, or a thief looking to outplay me. I never have to worry about it from the current condi chrono though. On the otherhand, who knows what I might run into in WvW where things are much different.

Also, if I I have adequate cleanse, do I need 100% resistance?

Also, Id only do this if I wanted to drop cleansing Ire and the entire defense trait line. However as soon as I’m proccing healing sig ive got no regen since there’s no healing sig or adrenal health, which leads me to questioning why I’m going down this path.

I prefer Leadership runes. +20% boon duration and 2 condis cleansed for team on elite. It takes my existing resistance (and boons) and buffs them up a little.

Warrior with Resistance?

in Warrior

Posted by: Turkadactyl.5308

Turkadactyl.5308

One thing to remember is that warrior can only get to 100% boon duration on its own if you take Leadership runes and/or Platinum Doubloons. That build would look something like this, but with more than just a GS and arms taken. :P

With that setup, you get ~12 seconds of resistance from the signet. In other words, to do it with Revenant runes, you would need to have a herald with you running facet of nature and still devote a pretty substantial portion of your build to buffing boon duration. If perma-resistance is the goal, it would be a hell of a lot easier to just run with a demon herald or two alongside you since you need a herald anyway.

I’ll also echo the poster above me: if you have enough cleanses, resistance doesn’t seem worth it. With Cleansing Ire you’ve got a LOT of condi clear, and definitely enough for most smaller-scale fights. In larger groups, I still think having a herald or two in each party would be way easier to accomplish.

Warrior with Resistance?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

One thing to remember is that warrior can only get to 100% boon duration on its own if you take Leadership runes and/or Platinum Doubloons. That build would look something like this, but with more than just a GS and arms taken. :P

With that setup, you get ~12 seconds of resistance from the signet. In other words, to do it with Revenant runes, you would need to have a herald with you running facet of nature and still devote a pretty substantial portion of your build to buffing boon duration. If perma-resistance is the goal, it would be a hell of a lot easier to just run with a demon herald or two alongside you since you need a herald anyway.

I’ll also echo the poster above me: if you have enough cleanses, resistance doesn’t seem worth it. With Cleansing Ire you’ve got a LOT of condi clear, and definitely enough for most smaller-scale fights. In larger groups, I still think having a herald or two in each party would be way easier to accomplish.

I want to add: One of the most important parts of resistance (that I assume isnt often realised as ive never seen it mentioned) is that resistance provides a great way to fake out an advantage over an enemy. So if I’m getting blinded, or spammed with weakness, proccing resistance pre burst will allow me to land anything while my opponent believes he has the upper hand over me.

When fighting thieves for example this gives a huge advantage in a fight that could otherwise be overly painful.

Warrior with Resistance?

in Warrior

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I run a build that OP describes, and yes, it works really well (in WvW only) because in addition to 100% Resistance uptime, your make up for damage loss with high quickness uptime and might stacking. However, I dont think it’s the most optimal Warrior build because you still lose some damage and become weak to heavy boon corruption Necros.

Also if you chain into Berserker Stance you don’t need 100% boon duration. I run with 64% and occasionally hit close to 100% when I weapon swap and still keep 100% Resistance up.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAU8ejMdQdH2GCWhAnIGmCKtrj8aATgIoBujIAadA-TlSBQBRQJ43m/YQ1f8wDAYiHEgCu/g90NAgLAQ+OCAFR5HpACcMA-w

Im considering just dropping the Rev runes in favor of Surging Runes but Im too lazy to figure out if chaining Zerker Stance/HS will still provide 100% uptime. TBH this kind of broken balance shouldn’t be possible so I hope it gets nerfed down the line.

(edited by roamzero.9486)