Warrior without Toughness

in Warrior

Posted by: Sorcha.4976

Sorcha.4976

Hi. I’m currently looking for another build for my war, since I’m usually running a very tanky Knight build. I wanted to go for a condi + vita build, with the minimal amount of toughness. Question is : is it even possible to be a war without toughness ? Every build I see here has at least 3k armor. I might be taking down to 2700-2800, and I wonder if it’s viable.
Any suggestions ?

Here's the thing I’d like to try, but I don’t want to spend too much if it’s just silly.

Arborstone – [CCCP] Warrior Kelkahir

in Warrior

Posted by: dostunuz.3982

dostunuz.3982

Uhhhhmmmmm, no.

in Warrior

Posted by: Arkanis Drako.5169

Arkanis Drako.5169

2700-2800 Toughness still is a lot, and a reasonable amount.

I don´t have more than that myself and also use vigorous shouts,
which boosts your survivability by more than a few hundred points of
toughness.

It´s important to evade the big hits as in any build, but with 26k hitpoints,
2700-2800 armor AND healing shouts, you will be more than fine.

A few suggestions for your build, though:

Drop the dolyak signet. You said you don´t want much toughness and another shout would grant you 1500+ healing per use, which is way better.
I´d recomend “shake it off” or “for great justice”, if you want to keep “on my mark”.

If you need the stability, use balanced stance instead, it´s on a shorter cooldown and also grants swiftness.

I would exchange “on my mark” for “for great justice”

It´s on a lower cooldown and buffs not only you, but also your allies with
might and fury, which is much more desireable, than 10% damage on a single target.
(Vulnerability can be cleansed easily, your boons are harder to get rid of).
On top of that it als boosts your condition damage, which would be good, as you seem to use a lot of bleeding and already invested in condition damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

lol acting like 2.8k is low

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Warrior

Posted by: Sorcha.4976

Sorcha.4976

lol acting like 2.8k is low

I said it genuinly. Every build I see is over 3k and I used to play with around 3k8 armor, so I’m wondering about making a change too drastic for me. I don’t pretend to be pro or anything. I’m mainly a casual player. Just want to try something new.

@Arkanis Drako
Well, I do like your suggestions. Doliak signet was here to reassure me a little, as for superior runes of Melandru. I think I’m gonna drop it for the Signet of Stamina. Still keeping the Melandru runes. I don’t want to be controled since I could not tank the damages so much anymore. If I feel I can go without it, I might try the Lich runes.
" For great justice " is just fine, I forgot about that one. Thanks for your help.

Arborstone – [CCCP] Warrior Kelkahir

(edited by Sorcha.4976)

in Warrior

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I run at around 2850 and wen thing goes rough in WVW I use toughness stacking sigils.

Heiann – NSP

in Warrior

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

try playing an ele, even IF we stack toughness, we are lucky to ever reach the 2.8k mark. And if we do, we do around about 300-500 dmg on crit… Warriors… LOL.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

toughness is the way to go. i don’t know why anyone would ever pick vitality over toughness, especially if you’re running HoS build.

in Warrior

Posted by: thomasgjkgwdn.4760

thomasgjkgwdn.4760

try playing an ele, even IF we stack toughness, we are lucky to ever reach the 2.8k mark. And if we do, we do around about 300-500 dmg on crit… Warriors… LOL.

had one assisting us at lupicus with ~4k toughness. she could solo him, but since we wanted to help, we chipped in. anyways… didn’t seem lacking in any way.

EDIT: come to think of it, it might’ve been 4k armor. that’s a wee bit different. can anyone corroborate? i guess the person was fully decked out in ascended and whatnot.

(edited by thomasgjkgwdn.4760)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

toughness is the way to go. i don’t know why anyone would ever pick vitality over toughness, especially if you’re running HoS build.

I agree with this for 99%. I would add that I don’t know why anyone would ever pick vitality over toughness, ON A WARRIOR. We have base ~20k HP…. And your investing 30 into tactics, giving you another 3k…

Also, when in a fight, your vitality does nothing else for you other then increasing the amount of burst damage you can initially endure. After that, toughness is way more useful. Even more in a build that uses healing shouts!

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Such a weak remark… The difference in armor rating between heavy and light exotic is 291 total, for ascended it’s 304. So a warrior vs an ele with the same kind of armor prefix (for instance, cavalier) will never have a greater difference in total stat. If the warrior can reach 4k, you can reach 3.7k with the same gear, as a light version, on ele.

QQ more.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

a condition build is always a very tanky one.

if you want less toughness go for semi-Berserker build