Warrior worse down state abilities?

in Warrior

Posted by: JeroenXP.5364

JeroenXP.5364

I’m only playing my warrior at max lvl for about almost a month and I mainly play my warrior in WvW. But is it me or is the 3rd ability (if you even can enable that last stand before getting stomped…) the worse of all of them ? not only is it a guaranteed death after it wears off but most of the time you never have the time to activate it?

The only one i don’t have experience is the engineer so i’m not sure if they have anything useful.

Kemy Support ele – Kesia Berserker War – Miruto Wolfhowl Berserker ranger:
Sakurashi Tank Mesmer – Cutie Pewpie Grenadier Engineer – Neesa Misaki Support Guard:
[Underworld]

in Warrior

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

Yeah it is useless unless you trait it, you can see how nicelly it works when traited in my signature.
Our KB only hits one.. and our 3rd is suicide unless you trait it <.< But when traited it does become very good.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

yeah, compared to the engineer the warrior’s down state abilities are solid gold.

we have no where near the worst down state abilities

in Warrior

Posted by: Taran Redleaf.7912

Taran Redleaf.7912

Trait Suggestion: Instead of having to invest 20 points in Discipline (one third of a Warrior’s build just to pick up an ability that only functions when the rest of the build fails… the downed state), Sweet Revenge should be rolled into the downed state already and open up the trait slot for something more useful.

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Vengeance is only situationally a good down state ability.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Warrior’s downed state definitley could use some help, Vengeance is fine but it should be 100% effective all the time. I think the trait could give you a 10% damage increase while in Vengeance.

Skill 2 could be like Stomp and be an AoE knockback to keep people/NPCs off

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Yeah it is useless unless you trait it, you can see how nicelly it works when traited in my signature.
Our KB only hits one.. and our 3rd is suicide unless you trait it <.< But when traited it does become very good.

Aww you break my heart.

Did you forget to mention :

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toss_Elixir_R

Self revive anyone?

And yes its not a downed ability but it can be used to revive your self..suddenly the engy downed state ain’t so bad!

Downed state warrior 3 is crap because any good player playing another class won’t have his health low enough to drop from having rocks thrown on them. Nor would they be stupid to be killed by a warrior who vengenced when he couldn’t even take them down normally.
Downed state 2 is useless. It can be blocked by blind, aegis, stability,bypassed by frenzy sometimes and can be exploited by the usual /stealth/shadowstep/mesmer teleport stomp exploits.

Its position in the tree is crap. You waste mobile strikes.

Our downed state is crap.

Mesmer: Number 2 negates any kind of stomp. Number 3:soso, phantasm hits hard. I remember hearing about stealth before a downed mesmer targets can can be used to prevent the number 2? Not sure.

Thief: Number 2 negates any kind of stomp. 3 does that, too. Group stealth just before you drop guarantees you 15 seconds of stealth and you can teleport around avoiding random damage if someone has the time to keep auto attacking around for 15 second

Guardian: 2 AOE knock back, powerful but can be negated by stability/blind/distortion/shadowstep/ blink and teleport/Aegis
Guardian 3 is useless if someone is on you

Necro: 2 same as warrior, 3 is worse than warrior.

Engineer:2 is like warrior, 3 is worse than warrior. They have the throw potion linked above making engineer downed state>>>warrior. If you don’t slot it then its not my fault we don’t slot traited vengeance

Ele: 2 negates everything. 3 is useless.

As you can see, the best downed state abilities are for the holy trinity as always: Mesmer/thief and guardian.

Instead of coming here and pretending that Engy down state options are inferior to a warrior, why don’t you go to spvp forums and complain about the thief/mesmer ones?

in Warrior

Posted by: Scotto.3609

Scotto.3609

If you are being stomped by someone actually trying to stomp you, then you will never get to use it, even with interrupting by hammer throw you are a second off from popping it. Whats worse is when i trait it, vengeance goes from being 3-4 seconds long to 6-7..no chance in hell.

At best you can use it to finish a 1v1 then just stand there waiting to die getting a lol form the guy you just killed, or you can pop it and rally half thier team if you helped yours down them… rally mechanic is kittened…

in Warrior

Posted by: Lord Erik.6903

Lord Erik.6903

I say keep most everything the same with it, and continue to have the option of the sweet revenge trait, but just make the initial CD lower so you don’t get a flag through the chest before anything.

in Warrior

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Aww you break my heart.

Did you forget to mention :

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toss_Elixir_R

Self revive anyone?

And yes its not a downed ability but it can be used to revive your self..suddenly the engy downed state ain’t so bad!

Downed state warrior 3 is crap because any good player playing another class won’t have his health low enough to drop from having rocks thrown on them. Nor would they be stupid to be killed by a warrior who vengenced when he couldn’t even take them down normally.
Downed state 2 is useless. It can be blocked by blind, aegis, stability,bypassed by frenzy sometimes and can be exploited by the usual /stealth/shadowstep/mesmer teleport stomp exploits.

Its position in the tree is crap. You waste mobile strikes.

Our downed state is crap.

Mesmer: Number 2 negates any kind of stomp. Number 3:soso, phantasm hits hard. I remember hearing about stealth before a downed mesmer targets can can be used to prevent the number 2? Not sure.

Thief: Number 2 negates any kind of stomp. 3 does that, too. Group stealth just before you drop guarantees you 15 seconds of stealth and you can teleport around avoiding random damage if someone has the time to keep auto attacking around for 15 second

Guardian: 2 AOE knock back, powerful but can be negated by stability/blind/distortion/shadowstep/ blink and teleport/Aegis
Guardian 3 is useless if someone is on you

Necro: 2 same as warrior, 3 is worse than warrior.

Engineer:2 is like warrior, 3 is worse than warrior. They have the throw potion linked above making engineer downed state>>>warrior. If you don’t slot it then its not my fault we don’t slot traited vengeance

Ele: 2 negates everything. 3 is useless.

As you can see, the best downed state abilities are for the holy trinity as always: Mesmer/thief and guardian.

Instead of coming here and pretending that Engy down state options are inferior to a warrior, why don’t you go to spvp forums and complain about the thief/mesmer ones?

I don’t agree. Guardian #2 is easily predictable, and very easy to just dodge. Mesmer #2 and #3 are “meh” at best; since it’s really easy to tell which Mesmer to stomp once they hit #2 and the Illusionary Assassin hits sorta hard if traited for it. Thieves don’t have a long range on their #2, which makes avoiding a stomp a bit tricky to pull off while their #3 is just used to negate a stomp, which while helpful, will only fool newer players who don’t know the thief remains stationary once they pop their #3.

The absolutely worst downstate profession I believe is Necromancer. Its #3 is beyond useless, with their #2 only being a one second fear. With Engineer and Guardian a close second.

in Warrior

Posted by: Johnson.3874

Johnson.3874

In my opinion, the best downed state abilities are the ones that allow you to evade a stomp, even if the player that tries to stomp you has stability/invulnerability.

Which is not the case for : Warrior, Engineer, Necromancer, Guardian and Ranger.

For these, you can then order them in term of how much interrupt they got, or what their skills allow them to do. Engineer has 2 different interrupt, Guardian can last a bit longer thanks to his healing seal and his AoE prevent a stealth stomp, and Warrior can use his vengeance to help revive a teammate (I think it’s the only situation where it’s worth anything, because against any good player, you won’t do anything in 10 seconds). Ranger can daze target and get his pet to revive him (so damage doesn’t interrupt your capacity to rally).

So there’s just the Necromancer left, with his fear and a lame AoE poison. I think they got the worst downed state, close to the Warrior.

(edited by Johnson.3874)

in Warrior

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

necromancer does have a terrible down state, but if you have ever played engineer in WvW then you would understand that it could be worse.

the aoe poison on the necro is ranged and a combo field. this doesn’t mean much since you so rarely if ever get the chance to actually use it. but when you do get to use it you get to pick where you place it.

the engineer on the other hand has a single target, line of sight (complete with pathing issues) pull. the auto attack on the down state engineer doesn’t even reliably do damage, it causes chill and weakness. lastly the aoe knock back skill has such a long cooldown on it that i can count on one hand how many times i’ve actually gotten to use it in WvW, and still type pretty well.

in Warrior

XII.9401

I don’t agree. Guardian #2 is easily predictable, and very easy to just dodge. Mesmer #2 and #3 are “meh” at best; since it’s really easy to tell which Mesmer to stomp once they hit #2 and the Illusionary Assassin hits sorta hard if traited for it. Thieves don’t have a long range on their #2, which makes avoiding a stomp a bit tricky to pull off while their #3 is just used to negate a stomp, which while helpful, will only fool newer players who don’t know the thief remains stationary once they pop their #3.

The absolutely worst downstate profession I believe is Necromancer. Its #3 is beyond useless, with their #2 only being a one second fear. With Engineer and Guardian a close second.

You don’t agree with what? Guardian 2 is mid level effectiveness just like a ranger’s. Not as good as a mesmer or a thieve’s but better than a single target cc like war/necro/engineer number 2 downed state. It can be negated by many things that negate the war/necro/engy number 2 ability. Except stealth. Stealth does not negate the number 2 guardian ability unlike the bottom 3 downed state classes: war/nec/engy.

Mesmer 2 is meh? You joking? The whole purpose of a downed state is to avoid stomping. It doesn’t matter what happens after because you can’t have everything. There is a limit to what a downed state should do.

Does USING a mesmer number 2 ability avoid ANY KIND of stomping?
YES..then that is an effective Stomp prevent. Also, It takes a slight lag till the actual mesmer show up. Who cares what happens after. The objective of avoiding Any kinda stomp has been achieved.

Asking for a mesmer after number 2 ability to grow wings and fly away is just too much..I dunno how you can get a beter ability number 2 wise for downed state..

Number 2 downed state thief is the same as a mesmer. If one isn’t able to choose a safe spot I dunno what to say..maybe pan the cam a bit and choose a spot? The only thieves I see who can’t teleport using it effectively are the terribad/new ones.

A lot of the time in good spvp number 3 downed is not used. The meat is number 2. You can not seriously tell me that a warrior’s overall downed state are better than a guardian. AOE knock back with a guardian beats anything a warrior has in number 2. 90% of the time you don’t reach number 3 ability in high end tourneys on a warrior..the 10% of the time you will die easily to a good player whol just mitigate your damage or simply walk away..If you both dropped in a high end tourney then that player was a bad player and shouldn’t be in a high end tourney to drop at the same time with the worst spvp class.

Sacrificing a 20 point trait on a vengeance is silly. See my post above discussing why. No body cares about nooblets in Hot joins and using them as a measure for how effective traited vengeance is.

in Warrior

XII.9401

In my opinion, the best downed state abilities are the ones that allow you to evade a stomp, even if the player that tries to stomp you has stability/invulnerability.

Which is not the case for : Warrior, Engineer, Necromancer, Guardian and Ranger.

For these, you can then order them in term of how much interrupt they got, or what their skills allow them to do. Engineer has 2 different interrupt, Guardian can last a bit longer thanks to his healing seal and his AoE prevent a stealth stomp, and Warrior can use his vengeance to help revive a teammate (I think it’s the only situation where it’s worth anything, because against any good player, you won’t do anything in 10 seconds). Ranger can daze target and get his pet to revive him (so damage doesn’t interrupt your capacity to rally).

So there’s just the Necromancer left, with his fear and a lame AoE poison. I think they got the worst downed state, close to the Warrior.

^^ Uses logic

in Warrior

Posted by: Enmity.3428

Enmity.3428

Ahhh, Mesmers and Thieves… two of the best classes while on their feet, two of the best classes when downed. What a surprise.

Warriors, lol. Throwing rocks is only useful if your [single opponent’s] health is dangerously low. All other times it’s useless.

The Hammer Toss? Ineffective. It’s clearly telegraphed by holding the hammer up in the air (for what seems like ages) – it’s like holding a sign saying, “I’m going to try and knock you down – dodge now please.”

Often, even after a successful knock-down, you’ll not have enough time to pop-off Vengeance – your opponent has got back up and stomped you before you’ve channelled the skill. As for traiting for a 100% Rally if you make the kill while in Vengeance? No, just no. When Vengeance ends the Warrior should return to the Downed state – it should be your enemies task to kill you, not to wait it out for the guaranteed suicide.

Having said this, hopefully the upcoming balance patch will address the survivability and sustain of the Warrior so we aren’t downed as much in the first place. We’ll see.

in Warrior

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

I wish they’d remove that stupid downed state stuff and just have 1 and 4 on the bar and allow you to slowly crawl. Then we wouldn’t have to worry about anyone having a better downed state.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]