Warriors Durability. (Trust me).

in Warrior

Posted by: wolverine.5164

wolverine.5164

Hi, well guys i think anet should definetly change spike armour, just to make the “sustain” posible.

i got the answer, by simply changing spike armour into a better trait called “warriors life style” that will fuction the same way as the 4th superior rune of durability: (4): 25% chance when struck to grant nearby allies protection and regeneration for 3 seconds and resistance for 1 second. (Cooldown: 20 seconds).

this simple and most importantly change will make everything better for warriors in every single aspect of the word.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I honestly don’t see how that would improve our sustainability much, and I rather like the retaliation that we get now (so I don’t personally like the cost).

I mean, 3s of regeneration (assuming no healing power) would be a mere 390 health in the first 3 of 20s. Protection is nice, but 3s every 20s wouldn’t go that far. And 1s of resistance isn’t enough of a break to survive any condi bombs.

Moreover, if the trait is still triggered by critical hits (or just “struck”, as per the rune), then the very short window would rarely correspond to incoming bursts, rather they’d be on cd when the bursts came in.

What am I missing?

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Gaz.1320

Gaz.1320

I like spiked armor the way it is, retaliation has saved me more than once. I agree Warriors need a reliable form of flat damage reduction instead of toughness stacking.

IMO I would prefer banner of defense being changed to pulse protection (via trait at least) or perhaps make dolyak signet give a flat damage reduction instead of bonus toughness.

in Warrior

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

nah that will not solve the problem.

Also anet’s buff list that increase healing sig by adding 20hp per sec and 40% on to the limit will not solve as well.

I am just 100% sure.

Warrior is just too exposed to incoming dps, this is real problem.

We don’t have such things like attacking while evading like rev does, or block to heal stuff, or make enemy slow to avoid attack like mes doed, or set the trap not to make enemy easily attack you or perma dodge like thief whatever. Warrior is just too exposed to enemy attack.

To make warrior somehow sustain from this measurable exposure, only way to make warrior sustain work is increasing healing huge, like becoming boss monster tanker. For example, Healing sig need to heal like +200hp per sec, shout heals 1.5x times more. With that huge heal amount i am pretty sure warrior could sustain while exposing to all the incoming dps. +20hp or 40% to the limit without any sustain ability like perma dodge will not solve the problem and you will see soon.

Alternative solution is to make some new sustain mechanic for warrior, like perma dodge or slow or trap or whatever. Well what i do want to see is retaliation mechanic that OP suggested, but it retaliation reflect dps like 300~500 will not solve. I would even suggest 800~1000 reflect damage per each hit, which definitely makes enemy stop their attacking at some point.

Or also alternative way is to make suicide skill that damages enemy like 75% of their total hp, what do you imagine? They will not try to attack you so hard becuz they could be also dead. It is like walking bomb.

I already did run shoutbow with 3600 toughness plus protection rune build before but it really doesn’t help that much as intended, Due to warrior is just too exposed to dps. Protection is kinda hyped. What warrior need either one of huge heal buff or new sustain mechanic.

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

(edited by online.1278)

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I’d like to see them introduce protection throughout the warrior, tbh. But more than 3s of every 20s.

Every class except warrior and thief has access to it, so it’s not as though it’s limited to particular classes. It also fits thematically and mechanically well with warrior (and berserker).

I think the original concept was, “let’s give the warrior the highest toughness and health pool, and then we’ll give other classes less of those but other mitigations”. But the game is waaaaay more lethal now, so the extra bit of toughness doesn’t do much of anything, and the health pool only lasts so long (especially with the state of our healing).

Gaining a fair amount of protection would fit with the rough and tumble bruiser concept, and the amount of boon hate flying around would allow for solid counterplay.

Yes, it would still leave us relatively vulnerable to condi classes outside of initial burst (depending on build), but it’s reasonable to have weaknesses, and we’re not exactly dead in the water for condis either.

I also don’t understand how warriors didn’t end up with more taunt than they did. I mean, that condition is like it was made for a warrior archetype! Anyway, that’s not relevant here, I realize.

EDIT: Also, when I say add protection throughout the class, I mean a lot. Like replace Thick Skin with a trait that gives 1/2/3s of protection for each stage of adren used in a burst, 2s of protection on weapon swap on Discipline, protection added to each of the new Rage skills to go with the whole “I can’t be killed!” motif, and probably to Physical skills too so they have more value (again, going for that “I’m an unkillable brute” thing).

Obviously, so we don’t create even more need to run Discipline, FH would be baselined and replaced with this new protection-on-swap trait. Though note I’d probably drop this if Anet puts real work into making it possible for us to camp weapons… I don’t see any reason to work against that if they actually go through with it.

As for Taunt, since I mentioned it, I’d replace “On My Mark!” with a 3s single target taunt renamed to something like, “Come at me, brah!” (I’d also reduce Fear’s cd to 45 sec). I’d add aoe Taunt to the entire duration of Defiant Stance too, just to shore that heal up, and increase the Taunt on Bloody Roar to 2s.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)