Warriors are bad? Stop whining.

in Warrior

Posted by: Iglosen.4709

Iglosen.4709

I’ve put 1600 hours into this game, wich 80-90% of the time was playing a warrior. It’s a really fun profession. The fact that people keep on saying warriors are ’’bad’’ in PvE just makes me sad. People who ask ‘’should I roll warrior? I’ve heard that they are really bad!‘’ makes me sad, play whatever you want!
They are fine, they are balanced. Just beacuse hundred blades wont deal 37k as full beserk like at launch does not make warriors bad. In my opinion, 37k is WAY too much damage for one ability. Add some quickness onto that ability, and boom you can oneshot everyone who stands in a 180 degreee angle in front of you within seconds.
Before you start going bananas in the comment section, ’’WARRIORS ARE BAD OMFG!’’, have you played warrior before? Why do you think they are bad, because they got nerfed?

//Sad Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

Because they have poor diversity, they are pigeon holed into specific pvp builds because other weapon choice combinations aren’t viable, They lack any real defense the lack of protection is bad, they have High Hp, and Armor but still melt to Pure DPS classes in seconds. Every build has to have cleansing Ire which ruins build diversity as their should be other options to rid conditions… Warrior are only good if they have a pocket healer or Guardian cleansing them!

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Sooooo.. you create a new topic to whine about whiners which create whine topics? Legit. And yeah warriors are bad, i wont touch it with a stick anymore when its coming to pvp, in pve i turned him to sw chestfarm mule, once new class drop in i will turn him into depo char. And i have played my warrior over 4k hours – now thats sad.

And you know the saddest thing? Today in wvw i won 1v2 with my pewpew ranger against 2 wars. And everyone knows that pewpew is a joke. Warrior has poor sustain, poor damage. Its a good class to introduce newbie in the game but thats about it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

I think warriors are fine, but I will acknowledge some weaknesses.

PvE has a damage > everything else meta, and wars have the highest armor and base health. The meta doesn’t decide dev balance so wars do less damage than the glass classes. More advance PvE meta understands Boons/Blinds > Base Damage > Everything else. Wars have like one Blind and can only give Fury, Might, and Regeneration. They can apply stability to themself. Wars do have unique support via shouts and banners. Unfortunately shouts require trooper runes to get the most out of them and healing power to really make use of the healing. Banners are just raw stats. So although good in PvE they are boring.

PvP is a different beast. I’ve seen M/S and GS builds, but for the most part it seems like X/bow is the meta, and in PvP the meta is far more important. In PvE the meta is for how fast you clear to “win”. You don’t have to follow meta to do the hard content (actually the hardest content you won’t want zerk because you won’t know the dodge patterns). In PvP the meta is about whether or not you win.

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Warrior is extremely boring next to ranger in PvE that’s the reason i don’t really PvE.

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

It’s not that Warriors are bad in PvE per se, it is just they have had their damage nerfed needlessly and are among the bottom in DPS. So I guess in the sense of serious PvE’ers this makes Warriors bad. But honestly in PvE it doesn’t really present the challenges that need to be overcome or are highly beneficial. Any 5 man group can clear CoF P1 in a reasonable amount of time. You don’t need an all-star party to do Arah paths.

I think at a higher level in terms of PvP, Warriors are alot easier to deal with in the sense they are very predictable and have very simple and basic mechanics that don’t allow the player to pull off those clutch and intelligent plays. Like a Thief or an Engi can or Ele.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

anything can work in PvE, Warrior is doing great and still fine.

the only issue is the forced Longbow meta builds in pvp upon warriors, other than that warrior IMO is fine just needs some tweaking here and there.

in Warrior

Posted by: Invoker.5462

Invoker.5462

I find warrior fun and different as it is the only class in the game which can rely purely on melee only. In fact, there is a glaring lack of melee prowess in the game overall and when i use Warrior with Combat mode i feel like i’m playing a really well made Dynasty Warriors lol (minus a few hundred bodies)

I guess its just my play style. I tried Engi, Mesmer, and Guardian but their approaches to combat seemed really strange to me. I guess i get a little more “plugged in” to the game than most people a prefer a specific style based on my personality- rather than the number’s it displays or what other people think.

I’m also pretty excited to find other warriors because i fantasize about one day having a line battle or shield wall.

As a warrior i smirk when im surrounded in spve because i know the more they throw at me the stronger i get.

I also feel like Warrior has an insane amount of mobility which can outrun any class by using bulls rush- sword 2 – greatsword charge and greatsword spin foward.

Overall i like the warrior and as an added bonus if i ever have to take a break i can just come back and pick it up easily.

PS. I can almost guarantee a hundred blades with a number of CC that the warrior has. I also believe that 2 warriors in PVP can team up to pin down a player and hundred blades them- killing an individual faster than any other burst i can think of coming out of a two players.

I.E Warrior 1 bull rushes enemy then CC with hammer while warrior two uses Quickness/hundred blades and arcing blade. Dude thats like 10-15k DPS right there! 2 seconds of that and ur dead!

But i do think that certain weapons on warrior need a buff like rifle and mace.

in Warrior

Shieldbash.5304

I find warrior fun and different as it is the only class in the game which can rely purely on melee only. In fact, there is a glaring lack of melee prowess in the game overall and when i use Warrior with Combat mode i feel like i’m playing a really well made Dynasty Warriors lol (minus a few hundred bodies)

I guess its just my play style. I tried Engi, Mesmer, and Guardian but their approaches to combat seemed really strange to me. I guess i get a little more “plugged in” to the game than most people a prefer a specific style based on my personality- rather than the number’s it displays or what other people think.

I’m also pretty excited to find other warriors because i fantasize about one day having a line battle or shield wall.

As a warrior i smirk when im surrounded in spve because i know the more they throw at me the stronger i get.

I also feel like Warrior has an insane amount of mobility which can outrun any class by using bulls rush- sword 2 – greatsword charge and greatsword spin foward.

Overall i like the warrior and as an added bonus if i ever have to take a break i can just come back and pick it up easily.

PS. I can almost guarantee a hundred blades with a number of CC that the warrior has. I also believe that 2 warriors in PVP can team up to pin down a player and hundred blades them- killing an individual faster than any other burst i can think of coming out of a two players.

I.E Warrior 1 bull rushes enemy then CC with hammer while warrior two uses Quickness/hundred blades and arcing blade. Dude thats like 10-15k DPS right there! 2 seconds of that and ur dead!

But i do think that certain weapons on warrior need a buff like rifle and mace.

Its is for this very reason you stated Warriors are in need of tweaking! Warrior cannot melee because Warriors are easily kited…

We do not have root breaks, unless we spec for it, we also are constantly having to fight from range because we are so easily kited we have to use Long bow for cleansing ire! Sure Warrior got great mobility as long as there are no knockback, stuns, roots, snares, fears or unless the Warrior specs for each of these counters and he will have even less dps potential then before…

in Warrior

Posted by: Tien.3865

Tien.3865

That’s not how it works. The more you’re surrounded, the quicker you’ll die.

Stability.

You’re right in that warriors are mobile, but only with certain weapons.

Borlis Pass solo roamer

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Once again, there’s no point in visiting the Warrior forums.

The only thing that people should check into are probably Warrior streamers such as myself, and Tarcis. Hell even ROM’s stream isn’t bad to watch because at least he doesn’t whine. Most of the people that you get in the forums do nothing but complain.

But the same people who complain have absolute no talent, just bad at theorycrafting, PvE’s more than PvP yet thinks they know better.

Just a waste of time. This forum is a hive mind of bad.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Posted by: IncognituZ.9416

IncognituZ.9416

I played warrior for over 3.5k hours and out of my 16 characters 5 of them are lvl 80 wars (all races) while yes it was a bit better before warrior is still useful in dungeons. Most groups will have at least one warrior for the two banners and in random groups i even had up to 5 warrior runs and the runs were fine. And honestly in the worst case I can just log onto my guardian or ele I just usually enjoy warrior more in almost every prg.

Currently in PVP i think warrior is ok at least in the lower and mid tier gameplay (what i’m usually playing) even though I’m not a huge fan of the adrenaline nerf. But you know I am able to do my PVP dailies even on a warrior which is nice (lol).

And in WVW warrior is still lots of fun walking in the front lines shouting and blowing my warhorn.
(I hate roaming so I have nothing to say to that)

TLDR: warrior is OK, not wonderful, but not absolute kitten either and people liking the play style will stay anyway.

Kodash

in Warrior

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Warriors aren’t bad. They are jut boring. Too many of their skills are passive. Its become a passive class. Stances are boring. Shouts are meh. The physical skills SHOULD be the interesting options but aside from bulls charge they are uninteresting and boring. Not even talking about their lack of utility they are just not fun to use.

I made an elementalist in January 2014 but only recently started playing it and have fallen in love with how active a class it is to play. The arcane skills, cantrips and conjured weapons are all useful for some situation or another. Playing it has opened my eyes to how boring and unimaginative the warrior is. The so called physical brawler/weapon master class is all about immunities. Its not fun when your utilities are all immunities.

There are some fun zany builds out there (and I’m talking about wvw) but overall its lacking that something special that makes me want to get on it. How the Ele has to play around his attunements and long utility cooldowns makes my brain work in a way that warrior hasn’t challenged me to in a long time quite frankly. And I like it.

Same with Engi and the kit juggling. Or thief and the stealthing to heal or burst or whatever. Just something which requires me to WORK. Warrior is like, “hit zerker stance or defy pain. DPS. Run away when done”.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Warrior

Shieldbash.5304

Warriors aren’t bad.

I made an elementalist

yea sure…………………..

in Warrior

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

In my opinion, 37k is WAY too much damage for one ability.

That’s one of the most ignorant comments I ever read. You realize its a 3.5 second channeled skill right? It’s not “one skill” it’s 9 hits dude. Elementalist dagger air auto, Lightning Whip hits 8 times in 3.5 seconds for basically identical coefficients to 100b, is that too much damage from “one skill?” Good lord, if you are going to make a post like this maybe at least try to have basic knowledge of how the game works first.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Warrior

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

My question is: why do warrior use mobility as defense instead of defense only? Arena net did a Great Job with warrior damage, so they do not need anymore damage increase but they do need to have their mobility decrease and have their defense increase to compensate.

In the moment each time i use some of my time for wvw: all i see is warrior running, that is all i see 90% of time and that is bad image for a warrior profession. It do not make sense for a warrior profession who wear heavy armor and use heavy weapon to use mobility as defense instead of defense.

Look at thief, ranger and mesmer: should Not be ele!, they are ligt-medium armor class, so how do a heavy armor and heavy weapon profession excell, surpast them 2x in mobility speed? it do not make sense at all.

Example; it is like having a big bear running faster than a bald eagle: this is how warrior is. I am surprised warrior do not jump very higher than all of the other class.

Iglosen, do you understand?: do not have to agree with me, where complain is come from?

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

in Warrior

Shieldbash.5304

My question is: why do warrior use mobility as defense instead of defense only? Arena net did a Great Job with warrior damage, so they do not need anymore damage increase but they do need to have their mobility decrease and have their defense increase to compensate.

In the moment each time i use some of my time for wvw: all i see is warrior running, that is all i see 90% of time and that is bad image for a warrior profession. It do not make sense for a warrior profession who wear heavy armor and use heavy weapon to use mobility as defense instead of defense.

Look at thief, ranger and mesmer: should Not be ele!, they are ligt-medium armor class, so how do a heavy armor and heavy weapon profession excell, surpast them 2x in mobility speed? it do not make sense at all.

Example; it is like having a big bear running faster than a bald eagle: this is how warrior is. I am surprised warrior do not jump very higher than all of the other class.

Iglosen, do you understand?: do not have to agree with me, where complain is come from?

Warriors defense does nothing! It only partially delays the inevitable… Without Protection Warriors Melt! Increase our Defense and lower our Mobility and we will be PvP Anchor Dummies.

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

You can’t strip away mobility from a class that has so many melee weapons. Right now, there’s very few viable Warrior builds that don’t use a LB due to how much conditions can hamstring the class. What are you even taking mobility from? Greatsword? Mobility is the entire point of the weapon. Reduce it and suddenly the weapon is totally worthless. Of course, if Whirlwind attack kept the same number of hits with shorter range…I would probably be fine with that because I don’t mind being able to land 3-5k hits consistently.

Savage leap isn’t that crazy, it serves its purpose of getting you in close and applies a bit of cripple to that they stay there. Other than that, you have the unreliable and high CD Bull’s Charge, and the short leap on hammer. I don’t think Evis and Shield Bash count as mobility.

Traits like Warrior’s Sprint are also needed if you don’t want to force players into using one weapon. How else are you supposed to avoid being kited to death? Hell, even with a GS and WS you can be kited to death. In fact, while mainhand Mace isn’t bad it could do with some cripple to make it more functional. Not as much as sword mind you, but a few seconds on Pommel Bash (+ a bit more range) would be nice.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: Natar.3671

Natar.3671

all i see here is the same posters (mostly) making the same arguments (mostly) on the same topic. and lol at ppl trying to use real life to back up their arguments for logic in a game >.>. like some of the previous posters, imo a few tweaks is needed but the class isn’t in a terrible position but could be btr such as fixing bull rush for a start. wait and see wat the specialization brings for warriors lol, it may or may not improve the class but at least smth is coming

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Not a bad core class.

The trouble is in the fact that only a couple of weapon combinations are well suited for commonly occurring situations, and the others are so specialized that they’d be borderline useless in most normal combat scenarios.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Warrior

Shieldbash.5304

all i see here is the same posters (mostly) making the same arguments (mostly) on the same topic. and lol at ppl trying to use real life to back up their arguments for logic in a game >.>. like some of the previous posters, imo a few tweaks is needed but the class isn’t in a terrible position but could be btr such as fixing bull rush for a start. wait and see wat the specialization brings for warriors lol, it may or may not improve the class but at least smth is coming

Whom would you expect to be posting in the Warrior forums? Would it not be Warrior players that follow the Warrior commenting on the Warrior thread?

in Warrior

Posted by: JamieK.7192

JamieK.7192

Well, from experience with other mmos out there, players tend to put their own rules on what is viable, even if by game standards, its viable and they also tend to compare each profession to the highest rated spec of each profession and dictates that if you don’t use this spec, you will not be viable for any group content.

I personally think this tends to destroy mmos, especially when everyone expects you to over gear, enchant or whatever, even though it was meant to provide a little punch to your attacks.

Its like on other mmos like wow or swtor, you might have a item level of 186 (which is very good in swtor) and the content you want to do that allows you to get higher leveled gear requires 178 or something, players raise it to requiring 198 to avoid any wipes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vortok.6975

Vortok.6975

It’s just a matter of pov, i main a necro and i think warrior is awesome, why whining? You have damage output, defense, mobility, stability, blocks, i mean come on, just try a necro and you’ll see.

in Warrior

Posted by: DeviantCanuck.2587

DeviantCanuck.2587

I’ve put 1600 hours into this game, wich 80-90% of the time was playing a warrior. It’s a really fun profession. The fact that people keep on saying warriors are ’’bad’’ in PvE just makes me sad. People who ask ‘’should I roll warrior? I’ve heard that they are really bad!‘’ makes me sad, play whatever you want!
They are fine, they are balanced. Just beacuse hundred blades wont deal 37k as full beserk like at launch does not make warriors bad. In my opinion, 37k is WAY too much damage for one ability. Add some quickness onto that ability, and boom you can oneshot everyone who stands in a 180 degreee angle in front of you within seconds.
Before you start going bananas in the comment section, ’’WARRIORS ARE BAD OMFG!’’, have you played warrior before? Why do you think they are bad, because they got nerfed?

//Sad Warrior

Hey, warriors aren’t bad. Hope this helps the “37k” dilemma.
This was taken right after 2015 too.

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: Ark.9586

Ark.9586

^ Lmfao you have both banners, frost spirit, 25 might AND signet of might and only are hitting 41k… what has this game come to omg…

Last year that would’ve literally been over 70k.

Warrior’s dead.

in Warrior

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

anything can work in PvE, Warrior is doing great and still fine.

the only issue is the forced Longbow meta builds in pvp upon warriors, other than that warrior IMO is fine just needs some tweaking here and there.

yeah the only thing warrior need right now is to be viable without LB and cleansing ire,
and warrior need to be rework on utility skills because our sky high armor and HP aren’t enough to survive if you will ask me if i want to trade my armor and hp to protection and aegis i will but i think it’s a boon for guards Arenanet should think a new idea of how warrior able to survive in a long battle because that is in our description.
“Warriors are masters of weaponry who rely on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle. Adrenaline fuels their offensive power—
the longer warriors stay in a fight, the more dangerous they become.”

but in reality the longer warriors stay in a fight, they are more likely to die

Adrenaline fuels their offensive power

i think some of warrior F1 skill is a bit rush

change it to something like elementalist F1 swapping

F1 – Banner skill or buff should be applied here

• 1 bar of adrenaline – give yourself and your allies additional power ,
    -condition duration ,
  • 2 bars of adrenaline – your allies and yourself gain additional ferocity and toughness every time you are affected by condition
  • 3 bars of adrenaline – your allies cannot be knockdown and convert condition to boons

F2 – Stances

F3 – more ideas

just my idea of how our adrenaline and F1 suppose to be.

in Warrior

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

I love my warrior PvE build. I completely avoid wvw and pvp tho, i use other classes for that.

Warrior is AMAZING at pve tho if you build for it.
(it has kitten tons of condition removal, has enough stability to maintain it where necesary, high dps on stationary targets, an extra dodge with gs, can stack might on self, high armour, high hp, regen, if you use a gun it has decent dps at range)

(i have all classes but necro, warrior by far most favourite pve character)

(edited by Equilibriator.8741)

in Warrior

Ark.9586

(it has kitten tons of condition removal, has enough stability to maintain it where necesary, high dps on stationary targets, an extra dodge with gs, can stack might on self, high armour, high hp, regen, if you use a gun it has decent dps at range)

Elementalist has more condition removal, has several extra evades on their primary attack weapons, wayyyyyyyy higher DPS on stationary and moving targets, can prestack before and stack higher might during fights much more efficiently than warrior and also with permanent fury, has the potential to heal more than every other class (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n0Rcr78EvE), and has the absolute highest ranged DPS in the entire game, not to mention the highest AoE DPS in the game, the best blind field in the game and solid mobility to boot.

I mean… I hate to burst your bubble but if you want to try to list things off as facts, well here ya go.

in Warrior

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

Elementalist has more condition removal, has several extra evades on their primary attack weapons, wayyyyyyyy higher DPS on stationary and moving targets, can prestack before and stack higher might during fights much more efficiently than warrior and also with permanent fury, has the potential to heal more than every other class (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n0Rcr78EvE), and has the absolute highest ranged DPS in the entire game, not to mention the highest AoE DPS in the game, the best blind field in the game and solid mobility to boot.

I mean… I hate to burst your bubble but if you want to try to list things off as facts, well here ya go.

warrior has perma fury too, its skills can be used more frequently than ele, such as the dodge attack and gs 2, when traited, warrior can reach 25 stacks solo, the heal skill is like full hp instantly on 3 adrenaline and has a decent cooldown, has much higher armour than ele, sure ele can have bubbles, but they are time gated and not just a permanant stat and they take from other utility skills.

I had a DD ele, currently have a staff ele. I know how they work and they are fun, but warrior is just in a good place to me.

ele has pvp and wvw tho, warrior sucks at that far as im concerned.

ele also has great healing, i cant argue with that, but if you focus on heals you have to sacrifice other stuff cos you are in light armour.

with warrior i can basically tank while using 2 on gs, so i still deal great damage. the sheer speed of being able to switch weapons and the cooldowns being so short is a big deal to me. ele doesnt have nearly as good cooldowns imo. (i use rifle and gs, both are traited for cooldown, and i have 5 sec swap cooldown, i can use 2 on gs, then 3 on rifle, then swap back for gs 2 cooldown to finish and then back to rifle, and so on, thow in a little rifle vulerability and that blast from the rifle)

also, i disagree that ele has more condition removal. I have condition removal on using f1 skill (3 removed at 3 bars, 1 on 1 bar, like a 9 second cooldown or something, i think actually less) and the thing that gives me faster endurance regen (so mure dodging) and also has active remove ALL conditions. my weapon also has give them a condition. I never have a problem with conditions, NEVER, no matter how many i have on me.

ele can get overwhelmed with conditions if enough hit it in a short time.

my warrior also gets an extra 15% crit when at 3 adrenaline bars on top of fury, so i put less in crit chance and more into defence or power or crit damage.

ele has ace utility skills but it has to make choices the warior doesnt, the warrior has it all for pve for everything it needs.

ele is more maneuverable but more squishy (if you have the high dps).

warrior is all about getting in close, dealing loads of damage, then backing off whilst dealing big damage and recovering, and maintaining this loop permanantly.

ele has superior downed skills tho (if you use it right and position yourself in advance cleverly). I can get myself back up if im clever and leave weak foes lying around (got the 100% get myself back up when in that battle stance, and i get back up always at 50% hp) but a downed warrior is usually in trouble.

warrior can also deal high dps on moving targets, if you have a rifle and know how to use it. If i line things up (which i do all the time, you target further away thing, then get the other thing between you and your target), i can deal damage the ele cant because of the range of rifle and piercing.

(edited by Equilibriator.8741)

in Warrior

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

These types of arguments doesn’t apply in a fantasy realm. If we are following that type of logic, does it makes sense that a light armor who wears cloth can withstand a chop from my greatsword? Does it make sense a dagger thief can penetrate my full metal armor and does so much more damage than my sword can?

PS: Thieves can run nearly as fast as warriors. In a pure sprint, thieves is faster than warriors. Most classes when build for speed, which lots of warriors in wvw are, can keep up with a warrior. Warriors are not twice as fast. Warriors are mainly melee class, therefore having better speed allows them to gap close or else they will never do damage to classes that can hit from range and kite them to death. The game is design with that in mind, realistic logic does not apply in video games. It’s about class balance.

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

funny that people always have to compare the warrior with the elementalist.
it’s like comparing a rich man with bill gates, saying then the rich man is poor.
compare the warrior with engi, ranger,mesmer,necro and guardian and finally things look less dramatic.

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

funny that people always have to compare the warrior with the elementalist.
it’s like comparing a rich man with bill gates, saying then the rich man is poor.
compare the warrior with engi, ranger,mesmer,necro and guardian and finally things look less dramatic.

So the plethora of Elementalist players are all Bill Gates … There is only one richest man in the world. There are several Elementalists so the comparison makes no sense.

To OP, people are passionate on what they play whether you view it as whining or not is a matter of perspective. The fact that the board is filled with “whine” threads shows either there is a large conspiracy of players or there is, in fact, something wrong with Warriors from a balance perspective.

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

the comparison makes pretty much sense. there are 8 classes and the people are comparing warrior only with the best class, ignoring that there are 6 more classes.
and because warrior is so much weaker than the elementalist warrior has to suck ofc.
doesn’t matter if there are more than one elementalist,allthough bill gates is only one person lol, you just didn’t get the point.

if you only compare yourself with sth. which is better than you, you will see only deficits.
not to mention that you won’t have a good eye for your strenghts.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Because the damage is nerfed to the ground which is pretty much the only thing a warrior can do so now i play elementalist instead.

in Warrior

Ark.9586

Umm.. k let’s break this down.

warrior has perma fury too, its skills can be used more frequently than ele, such as the dodge attack and gs 2, when traited, warrior can reach 25 stacks solo, the heal skill is like full hp instantly on 3 adrenaline and has a decent cooldown, has much higher armour than ele, sure ele can have bubbles, but they are time gated and not just a permanant stat and they take from other utility skills.

Wrong… with signet mastery you have 25 seconds of fury every 45 seconds from SoR and 8 seconds of fury every 25 seconds with FGJ, so at the very most you have 41 seconds of fury every minute, excluding downright stupid things like using arcing slice/axe offhand/furious reaction.

Healing surge actually is one of our worst heals.

Healing Signet – 362 hp every 1 sec * 60 = 21,720 hp/min
Mending – 5240 hp every 20 sec * 3 = 15,720 hp/min
Healing Surge – 9820 hp every 30 sec (with full adrenaline) = 19,640 hp/min
Defiant Stance – varies too much

Ele has literally 100% fury uptime in their DPS rotations and even a staff ele has roughly the same fury uptime as a warrior. Staff ele has the lowest fury application between the three effective types of meta ele builds.

with warrior i can basically tank while using 2 on gs, so i still deal great damage. the sheer speed of being able to switch weapons and the cooldowns being so short is a big deal to me. ele doesnt have nearly as good cooldowns imo. (i use rifle and gs, both are traited for cooldown, and i have 5 sec swap cooldown, i can use 2 on gs, then 3 on rifle, then swap back for gs 2 cooldown to finish and then back to rifle, and so on, thow in a little rifle vulerability and that blast from the rifle)

If tanking is a big deal to you, then you can use glyph of elementals in earth attunement to summon the infamous Rocky who literally does nothing but tank. The boss’s aggro is completely off of you and you can stand still taking 0 damage and dealing several times higher DPS than warrior ever could dream of.

Warrior also deals extremely low ranged DPS. Rifle has no good skills aside from volley and while longbow may be perhaps one of the best weapons in PvP, it’s not in PvE. Rifle deals both lower single target and aoe damage than longbow and has no utility.

also, i disagree that ele has more condition removal. I have condition removal on using f1 skill (3 removed at 3 bars, 1 on 1 bar, like a 9 second cooldown or something, i think actually less) and the thing that gives me faster endurance regen (so mure dodging) and also has active remove ALL conditions.

???

Ele’s ether renewal skill by itself is literally more condition removal than you could ever dream of needing in PvE. It pulses 8 times and has a cooldown of 15 seconds and also heals the most out of all of their heals excluding human racial.

And if ether renewal isn’t enough, you can take the cleansing fire utility and you can even trait for another cleansing fire that automatically triggers when you have 3 or more conditions. If that isn’t enough you can look for yourself in the water magic trait line and be amazed at how borderline OP ele’s condition removal can be.

Also weren’t you saying you deal good damage…? Now you’re saying you’re using Cleansing Ire… in PvE… k.

my warrior also gets an extra 15% crit when at 3 adrenaline bars on top of fury, so i put less in crit chance and more into defence or power or crit damage.

I thought we were talking about PvE? What’s going on?

warrior can also deal high dps on moving targets, if you have a rifle and know how to use it. If i line things up (which i do all the time, you target further away thing, then get the other thing between you and your target), i can deal damage the ele cant because of the range of rifle and piercing.

Warrior literally is not capable of dealing high DPS regardless of what weapons, what traits, what utilities and what gear you’re using.

Even with full ascended everything with the best runes, sigils, and optimal trait point allocations it’s not possible to outdo an also optimized elementalist, thief, engineer, or ranger in DPS.

Rifle actually has worse range than longbow despite what the tooltips might say. Longbow’s autoattack arcs, so you can spam it from a further distance than rifle’s max range.

And what’s even funnier is that ele’s fireball has better range than both of them and WAY higher DPS and it’s AoE instead of single target.

(edited by Ark.9586)

in Warrior

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

That was an amazing wall of text – too bad it is literally pointless

Why are people elitist about PvE? I can do PvE in clerics gear and physical utilities and no trait points

in Warrior

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Why are people elitist about PvE? I can do PvE in clerics gear and physical utilities and no trait points

Do you hold any speed clear records? Has your guild won any of the competitive pve tournaments? Ofcourse the answer is no. The better question is, could you do those things if you really wanted to and actually tried?

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Warrior

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Do you hold any speed clear records? Has your guild won any of the competitive pve tournaments? Ofcourse the answer is no. The better question is, could you do those things if you really wanted to and actually tried?

Counter question – Have you ever even pressed the PvP button or do you only fight AI?

lol dude is high and mighty about stacking and pressing hundred blades on stationary AI

add me in-game and duel me I am not interested in your speed runs and never will be

The only people who win money in this game are PVP PLAYERS and rightfully so – They don’t send dungeon runners to CHINA boy

Keep running the dungeons that ANET never even updates and be “competitive” about it

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Old soloq stats does prove stuff.

If you are good, you are high ranked without effort.

ostrich, nos and every single top player can easily stay in top 200 without giving a care.
and that is also the rank where you have the most fun against good players.
go lower then top 500, you will feel like playing with monkeys.

in Warrior

Posted by: Donut.6914

Donut.6914

Warrior is fine. Always has been, always will be. End of discussion.

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Warrior is fine. Always has been, always will be. End of discussion.

Hahah!! every class can beat a warrior no matter what build you run with it!
The class needs its dmg back to bring some pressure again! (not talking about pve.. dont care about pve! everyone can press 11111111 there boehoe cry!)

in Warrior

Posted by: Moderator.1056

Moderator.1056

Since the discussion in this thread has derailed and is no longer constructive this thread is now closed.