Warriors are boring... You cannot disagree...

in Warrior

Posted by: UgaBuga.6457

UgaBuga.6457

Warriors has to be the FASTEST profession arenanet made..

There is absolutely nothing cool about them…
ALL warriors utilities are boring. Either they are buffs or they are just boring and useless.
Compared to all other professions, warriors utilities are just lame, and poorly made.

Warriors is the profession with the most weapons to choose from… f’k that…
As a warrior in GW2 you are FORCED to use a Greatsword / Rifle for damage.
Two 1handed is useless compared to Greatsword.
Hammer is probably the worst weapon a warrior can use, next after Warhorn.
Warriors are also a bit TOO easy to play, which really annoys me, because it seems like in every MMO, the warrior is always the easiest to play…

I like the warrior class the most, because, i dont like playing ranged, i like to charge into combat with a huge mother"#(

But seriously ArenaNet, you need to fix the warrior profession, give us more to choose from, give us cool abilities, give us weapons that are actually worth using.

Peace…

ArenaNet… I thought you listened to the community? what a load of bull…
But if you happen to do, listen to this thread…

in Warrior

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

Actually, we can disagree.

I play a Sword/Axe – Longbow Warrior and I love it. It’s not boring to me at all.

Warriors are easy to pick up and play, but that’s just how they are. There’s nothing wrong with ‘easy to pick up, difficult to master’.

Also, Greatsword and Rifle aren’t the only good weapons out there, you just have to know how to use the other weapons… -_-

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

in Warrior

UgaBuga.6457

I play a Sword/Axe – Longbow Warrior and I love it. It’s not boring to me at all.

Warriors are easy to pick up and play, but that’s just how they are. There’s nothing wrong with ‘easy to pick up, difficult to master’.

Also, Greatsword and Rifle aren’t the only good weapons out there, you just have to know how to use the other weapons… -_-

You clearly havnt tried pvp then.
Also, the warrior is easy to pickup, and theres not really much to master about the warrior, thats the problem… its too easy..

in Warrior

zTales.4392

Also, the warrior is easy to pickup, and theres not really much to master about the warrior, thats the problem… its too easy..

PvE, WvW and sPvP.

You can wreck people with Swords, Shields, Hammers, Maces, etc. The only weapon I have trouble with is the Warhorn.

I’d say that the Warrior and Ranger have a very similar skill ceiling. It’s not easy to become perfect at playing a Warrior or Ranger, but it’s not as difficult as, say, a Mesmer.

Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by zTales.4392)

in Warrior

UgaBuga.6457

PvE, WvW and sPvP.

You can wreck people with Swords, Shields, Hammers, Maces, etc.

The only weapon I have trouble with is the Warhorn.

You_can_not_wreck anybody faster than a guy with Greatsword/Rifle… Sure you can use the other weapons if you want too. But its the same as saying, youd rather use rare gear instead of excotic..

in Warrior

zTales.4392

PvE, WvW and sPvP.

You_can_not_wreck anybody faster than Greatsword/Rifle… Sure you can use the other weapons if you want too. But its the same as saying, youd rather use rare gear instead of excotic..

I’m guessing you’ve spent 90% of your time with your Greatsword/Rifle and barely spent any time with the other weapons. ;P

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Greatsword is so easy to avoid though… Whilst Axes are not, they may do less damage… but honestly, who cares if they do less damage, AXES HIT.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

UgaBuga.6457

PvE, WvW and sPvP.

You_can_not_wreck anybody faster than Greatsword/Rifle… Sure you can use the other weapons if you want too. But its the same as saying, youd rather use rare gear instead of excotic..

I’m guessing you’ve spent 90% of your time with your Greatsword/Rifle and barely spent any time with the other weapons. ;P

Trust me, ive tried every weapon the warrior can use & every build the warrior can use… And clearly if you was a skilled warrior you would know that the best build for a warrior in pvp is GS & shield. No offense

in Warrior

UgaBuga.6457

Greatsword is so easy to avoid though… Whilst Axes are not, they may do less damage… but honestly, who cares if they do less damage, AXES HIT.

Yeah sure, if you dont know how to play yes… But if you do know how to play, then the greatsword is not so easy to avoid.

in Warrior

zTales.4392

PvE, WvW and sPvP.

Trust me, ive tried every weapon the warrior can use & every build the warrior can use… And clearly if you was a skilled warrior you would know that the best build for a warrior in pvp is GS & shield. No offense

And clearly if you were a skilled Warrior, you would know that the Greatsword isn’t the only viable weapon. I can destroy people with Axe/Axe, Sword/Axe, Mace/Mace, Hammer, Longbow, etc. They all do similar damage or more damage than the Greatsword, so I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Yeah sure, if you dont know how to play yes… But if you do know how to play, then the greatsword is not so easy to avoid.

Lol@notsoeasytoavoid…

The Animation/Buffs you have TELL me exactly when your going to use 1hb, all sword animations look different and they are ALL slow.

Meanwhile, AXES abilities ALL look mostly the same, you can never tell WHICH ability your going to use.

Not only that, AXES abilities animations are almost 2x faster then swords.

in Warrior

Posted by: Attilian.7805

Attilian.7805

The Greatsword is stupid easy to avoid and interrupt. I’ve played Hammer/Rifle (utility DPS) and right now playing Dual Swords/Rifle (Condition Damage). its not hard to interrupt 100 Blades and then laugh as you destroy them with CC/Bleeds.

I personally find Dual Swords/Rifle for Bleed Damage to be incredibly fun and a ton of damage. I kill things faster than with my Greatsword and even if they down me, a lot of times, they are downed themselves from the condition damage.

I reccomend you trying other specs besides Greatsword/Rifle and really learning how to play them. you won’t be disappointed.

in Warrior

zTales.4392

It doesn’t matter if the Warrior knows how to play. It matters whether or not their opponent knows how to play.

You can dodge or interrupt to get out of Hundred Blades. It’s easy to see it coming, and if you really want to test this, run CM and fight the second boss. Yea, it’s really not that difficult.

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I am rolling a warrior, almost already have a full set of exotic gear for him, i’m going Shouts+Axes/Shouts+Rifle, Why? because its different and nobody knows how to counter an AXE Warrior because 6 out of 10 of the animations look EXACTLY the same, whereas the GREATSWORD all have different and slow animations.

in Warrior

UgaBuga.6457

It doesn’t matter if the Warrior knows how to play. It matters whether or not their opponent knows how to play.

You can dodge or interrupt to get out of Hundred Blades. It’s easy to see it coming, and if you really want to test this, run CM and fight the second boss. Yea, it’s really not that difficult.

How are you gonna avoid, if your stunned or rooted?

in Warrior

Attilian.7805

I am rolling a warrior, almost already have a full set of exotic gear for him, i’m going Shouts+Axes/Shouts+Rifle, Why? because its different and nobody knows how to counter an AXE Warrior because 6 out of 10 of the animations look EXACTLY the same, whereas the GREATSWORD all have different and slow animations.

Not to mention 1h Axe and 1h Swords animations and abilities move so fast.

And how are you gonna hit if you’re stunned or Rooted? You may have some charges on Greatsword, but I keep Bulls Charge, Stomp, and I have my 1hSword Leap, my Rifle Slow. and if I’m hammer, I have more CC than you can shake a stick at. GL while my Team focuses you down while you’re on the ground from my hammer

in Warrior

UgaBuga.6457

Thats why you use frenzy with GS…

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Axes animations are naturally faster, don’t even have to frenzy with them, you can focus on more important things, like living and using banners and shouts to cure conditions and heal yourself.

in Warrior

Attilian.7805

And then everyone on the opposite team knows you just used Frenzy and you get Focused. Its like we can see Buffs or something…

in Warrior

UgaBuga.6457

And how are you gonna hit if you’re stunned or Rooted? You may have some charges on Greatsword, but I keep Bulls Charge, Stomp, and I have my 1hSword Leap, my Rifle Slow. and if I’m hammer, I have more CC than you can shake a stick at. GL while my Team focuses you down while you’re on the ground from my hammer

OHHH so thats how you play… Yeah well, if you have your team to back you up 24/7 then yeah sure hammer is cool, cos it stuns all the time… So clearly your just santas little helper, stunning the peeps, while the homies, do all the insane damage? but what if they are not there to help you. Im tellin ya GS/Shield. Only thing that works in pvp

in Warrior

Attilian.7805

OHHH so thats how you play… Yeah well, if you have your team to back you up 24/7 then yeah sure hammer is cool, cos it stuns all the time… So clearly your just santas little helper, stunning the peeps, while the homies, do all the insane damage? but what if they are not there to help you. Im tellin ya GS/Shield. Only thing that works in pvp

Its like sPvP and WvW is a team game or something?

in Warrior

zTales.4392

What Attilian said.

Also, there are stun breakers, Stability, and condition removal for Immobilize. ._.

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Warrior

Attilian.7805

What Attilian said.

Also, there are stun breakers, Stability, and condition removal for Immobilize. ._.

I’ve discredited his whole statement now that he’s revealed he’s not a team player and doesn’t understand that games like this are not balanced around 1v1 encounters.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

but i thught that warrier was a solo class!11

in Warrior

UgaBuga.6457

It is? omg…

Lol it all depends on playstyle, sure if you wanna be a kittenwarrior who just runs in uses his stuns and then gets the hell away from that area. or if you wanna be the warrior that actually deals damage. The warrior that can defend a point alone.

in Warrior

UgaBuga.6457

What Attilian said.

You need to KNOW when to pop your abilities…

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

It is? omg…

Lol it all depends on playstyle, sure if you wanna be a kittenwarrior who just runs in uses his stuns and then gets the hell away from that area. or if you wanna be the warrior that actually deals damage. The warrior that can defend a point alone.

Axes/Swords do lots of damage…

But theres one tip you didn’t think… its an ancient secret passed between all warriors…

“You can’t deal damage when your dead.”

in Warrior

Attilian.7805

It is? omg…

So because I like Controlling and Supporting on my warrior, its a kittenwarrior? what are you, 12? Everything has its place. I personally find GS Clunky and boring….Its no wonder you find the class boring. The only thing you’re willing to call viable is the most boring weapon in the class.

in Warrior

UgaBuga.6457

What Attilian said.

I’ve discredited his whole statement now that he’s revealed he’s not a team player and doesn’t understand that games like this are not balanced around 1v1 encounters.

Haha, yeah right smartass… Your clearly a pro player, if you follow your team around the pvp maps all the time. i bet your most likely on the winning team haha

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

What Attilian said.

Haha, yeah right smartass… Your clearly a pro player, if you follow your team around the pvp maps all the time. i bet your most likely on the winning team haha

MY CLASS IS BORING, I SPECCED FOR ALL SIGNETS AND NO BODY STANDS STILL FOR ME SO I CAN KILL THEM WITH MY GREAT SWORD, PLZ FIX CLASS PLZ.

in Warrior

UgaBuga.6457

It is? omg…

So because I like Controlling and Supporting on my warrior, its a kittenwarrior? what are you, 12? Everything has its place. I personally find GS Clunky and boring….Its no wonder you find the class boring. The only thing you’re willing to call viable is the most boring weapon in the class.

haha arenanet fixes curse words… but yeah your a “kittenwarrior” and no im not 12. But i cba discussin this with you, if your really sticked to your hammer. I just hope you soon will figure out how to play a warrior :/.

in Warrior

UgaBuga.6457

What Attilian said.

MY CLASS IS BORING, I SPECCED FOR ALL SIGNETS AND NO BODY STANDS STILL FOR ME SO I CAN KILL THEM WITH MY GREAT SWORD, PLZ FIX CLASS PLZ.

Stop acting like a moron please…

in Warrior

zTales.4392

Atti, Dae, just give up. He doesn’t want to listen to reason. lol

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Warrior

Posted by: Rcanon.8493

Rcanon.8493

No, you guys are clearly missing the point of this post from UgaBuga.

This part: “haha arenanet fixes curse words… but yeah your a “kittenwarrior” and no im not 12. But i cba discussin this with you, if your really sticked to your hammer. I just hope you soon will figure out how to play a warrior :/.”, is the main reason why this thread was created in the first place: To bash everyone else, and tell them they’re unable to play the warrior class efficiently.
This is NOT about the viability of the warrior class or its ability to hold its own, this is about UgaBuga having the need to let everyone know, that he’s a better warrior and has more general “know-how” than the rest.

Refrain from answering to this weak attempt of a troll. Sure the Warrior’s flaws and what not can be discussed, but not with a person like this.

You can think that I’m wrong, but that’s no reason to quit thinking.

in Warrior

UgaBuga.6457

No, you guys are clearly missing the point of this post from UgaBuga.

This part: “haha arenanet fixes curse words… but yeah your a “kittenwarrior” and no im not 12. But i cba discussin this with you, if your really sticked to your hammer. I just hope you soon will figure out how to play a warrior :/.”, is the main reason why this thread was created in the first place: To bash everyone else, and tell them they’re unable to play the warrior class efficiently.
This is NOT about the viability of the warrior class or its ability to hold its own, this is about UgaBuga having the need to let everyone know, that he’s a better warrior and has more general “know-how” than the rest.

Refrain from answering to this weak attempt of a troll. Sure the Warrior’s flaws and what not can be discussed, but not with a person like this.

And there are people like you, the dwarf, that blames everybody who disagree’s with your way of thinking for being a troll. I cant belive that you dont have anything better in your life to do, than going to different kind of threads, taking the time to read the thread, and then calling them trolls… This is what i want you to do.
Get off your computer, go outside, party, meet people, get some friends, (no “online” friends doesnt count). Enjoy your life! Please, read this, think about it, and stop calling people “troll” its the most stupid term ever.

in Warrior

Rcanon.8493

So, I take it that blaming other people for not knowing how to play the Warrior class is a better way of behaving, when not agreeing? Right. So this is a matter of pot calling kettle black. Good one, sir.

What I do IRL is really non of your business, and I really don’t see how it in any way relates to what I said. You’re kind of reaching out there, to come up with a consolidated and valid response. Too bad that you’re too proud of your own “intellect” to actually see what kind of babble you’re letting out, let alone the fact you could not even come up with anything better, than comparing GW2 with real life.

I’ll rest my case with you, and I hope others will to. You’re not really worth the time. Your inability to have a casual and constructive debate about the warrior class should be enough testimony to that statement, or does my life in my mom’s basement disallow me to make such assumption?

in Warrior

UgaBuga.6457

So, I take it that blaming other people for not knowing how to play the Warrior class is a better way of behaving, when not agreeing? Right. So this is a matter of pot calling kettle black. Good one, sir.

What I do IRL is really non of your business, and I really don’t see how it in any way relates to what I said. You’re kind of reaching out there, to come up with a consolidated and valid response. Too bad that you’re too proud of your own “intellect” to actually see what kind of babble you’re letting out, let alone the fact you could not even come up with anything better, than comparing GW2 with real life.

I’ll rest my case with you, and I hope others will to. You’re not really worth the time. Your inability to have a casual and constructive debate about the warrior class should be enough testimony to that statement, or does my life in my mom’s basement disallow me to make such assumption?

“You’re not really worth the time. " Yet you still comment on my post, lol.
“my life in my mom’s basement " dude please… please just stop… get off my thread please. Thank you!

in Warrior

Rcanon.8493

“You’re not really worth the time. " Yet you still comment on my post, lol.
“my life in my mom’s basement " dude please… please just stop… get off my thread please. Thank you!

Right, you exhibit the same exact thing, yet when done to yourself you cave and crawl under your shell. It goes to show how much substance you have got to your name. Pathetic.

I won’t retaliate any further, you can have your thread to yourself. Hopefully it’ll turn into a debate whether you are better than yourself. That would be entertaining

in Warrior

Posted by: Ship.3612

Ship.3612

Actually in tpvp greatsword is not that great, everyone has a form of stability and a gs warrior is easiest to counter. GS/rifle brings no form of cc for your team either. Most top warriors are running axe/mace now with either mace/shield or sword/shield which has more single target sustained dmg than gs as well as a lot more cc. But judging by your post im guessing you only play hotjoin, where anything works, so let me know when you get out of little league and learn the true potential of the class.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

Axe/Mace – Longbow Warrior here.

Having lots of fun smashing noobs who don’t know how to handle non-GS Warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

As a warrior in GW2 you are FORCED to use a Greatsword / Rifle for damage.
Two 1handed is useless compared to Greatsword.

No their not, try axe/mace + anything, it’s fantastic.. same with axe shield, mace shield, sword horn/shield

Hammer is probably the worst weapon a warrior can use, next after Warhorn.

Please try troll harder next time.. hammer DESTROYS, it’s only downside is it’s mobility but that is made up by it’s control.. oh and warhorn useless? kitten please

Warriors are also a bit TOO easy to play, which really annoys me, because it seems like in every MMO, the warrior is always the easiest to play…

That is somewhat true, nothing wrong with being abit easy. Most classes are quite easy though!

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in Warrior

Posted by: mbelcikuwh.1379

mbelcikuwh.1379

“warrriors are boring…you cannot dissagree”

ookaaay…..remind me again the point of this thread??

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

I can disagree. I can explain why too.

All weapons are viable and completely change your play style based on them.

And now since I read you are the standard I think I PWN WITH MAH GREATSWORD AND RIFLE HUAHUAHUA" Kind of guy I will tell you why they all have their own uses.

If I want mobility I go with a sword in the main hand, this gives me the ability to stay mobile and stay on my enemies all the time. I can combine the sword with a shield bam, heavy control + survival + ability to deal with ranged enemies easily if spec correctly. I put an axe in my off hand I got heavy damage and AoE control. I put a mace I got aoe stuns for even more control or another sword for ranged bleed. Don’t forget those stacks of bleed are dealing damage constantly and even if removed your hits will keep putting more of them on the enemy.

I want fast burst and ranged attacks, go axe you get heavy damage hitting main hits, aoe’s and a crippling long rage skill. Combine them with the options above and you get a very nice hitting/controlling warrior.

Want higher control, make a hammer warrior, not only they hit hard and AoE well but you can stun your foes and knock them down.

The great sword omfg the weapon that Anet send to the n00bs with no skills. Ever used all of it’s skills? I bet not, you most likely think HB is like the ultimate skill cause you clearly never done any real pvp, else you would see people dodging your HB all over the place and abusing your berserker stance debuff against you. Don’t get me wrong GS is very viable but HB is the last skill that make them so.

Rifle is good for single target yes, but their range is lame, ever fought more than one enemy with em. I bet not.

Long bow: They need a bit of a buff in the damage department but in WvW they are a god send when defending any fortifications.

Warriors can become immortal if spec correctly, they can become crazy damage dealers or heavy controllers. I personally use a mace and shield atm. I go world vs world and there is nothing I cannot 1 vs 1 or even 3 vs 1 hell I gone 7 vs 1 and downed a few of them before I got killed. With the right timing and spec the warrior is technically the most viable class of all.

Our utilities are lacking you say? You clearly never spec into them. Aside from banners having a very small Aoe, every utility the warrior has can be spec into something that greatly benefits the class. Shouts can buff and heal while giving you control over enemies. Not to mention you can reduce their cool down. The elite banner can save your team when multiple people are downed in a hard to reach location whenever is a dungeon or WvW. Bull rush and the other physical skill are insanely good if you mix them with long range attacks, you can easily solo elites and event bosses with em if timed correctly.

Sure the warrior doesn’t make huge flashy stuff happen but hey the warrior is for serious people only. Else you will end with the whole “NERF 100 BLADES OMFG I CAN’T PLAY ANYTHING ELSE Y_____Y” like threads.

Edit: Didn’t mention the war horn because…honestly it does lack any real use. It seems to be bugged as it sometimes doesn’t put any debuff on enemies. And as for stances go, I let you figure out how useful they are in multiple situations.

(edited by Lyonell.1753)

in Warrior

Posted by: Kreedz.8127

Kreedz.8127

Bad warrior is bad.

/thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Mayam.8976

Mayam.8976

Let me see if I can sum up. This guy uses a Great Sword and Rifle only and claims it is the one and only weapon and alternate weapon combo that should ever be used by a warrior. He states this as incontrovertible fact based on another assumed given fact that he is a thoroughly, fully experienced warrior and has crafted the ultimate warrior within what the game’s parameters allow for. This of course nullifying any argument to the contrary and allowing zero room for debate, discussion, or disagreement (in fact the title establishes this from the beginning). That about the long and short of it?

If that is the case then all we have here is a statement of “fact”, at least in the boundaries of the author’s mind that is (giggle). If that’s the case no response is warranted or even possible and with in the next few hours this post of “raw fact” will descend off the front page and with in days descend several pages deeper under the pile. This of course allowing it no attention by any readers of the forum, let alone Arena net representatives who would actually have to see it to even consider it. Congratulations OP?

That about the long and short of what’s going on in this humorous little paradox of an attempt at writing?

Good Stuff! I give it a 6.5 out of 10. The ironclad authority of your opinion as “fact” was just way to blatant and obvious to score you any higher OP. Was a good attempt but try a little subtlety and keep the reader guessing a bit before you just drop the comic “cold hard facts” on em. You can’t just open with the punchline. Come on man!

in Warrior

Posted by: Mayam.8976

Mayam.8976

Perhaps more in keeping with the spirit of the OP’s ironic humour here though, let me try this response:

ahem….

I DISAGREE!

Holy kitten guys I did it! He said it couldn’t be done but look!!! THERE IT IS!!!

Definitely a solid 6.5 out of 10. I smirked and even giggled a little.

P.S Dual axes pwn face. That’s all, you can go. I’m done with you now.

in Warrior

Posted by: FuzzyDakka.6345

FuzzyDakka.6345

Ya’ll postin’ in a troll thread.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kreslin.6832

Kreslin.6832

From what I’ve seen in this thread, I can say, that this is a troll thread.
UgaBuga is simply trolling and you are feeding him. Don’t take his posts seriously.
His opinion about boring warrior is so subjective.

If you will play only with one-two kind of weapons, yeas, it may be boring, but again, it is subjective.
Someone may find it fine.

The more I’m playing, the more I beginning to love this profession. Warrior is very interesting profession
for me. It gets me real adrenaline.

Warrior from Origin Guild Wars, THAT could be boring. At least after warrior in GW2.

What I’ve found, in Guild Wars 2 all professions are dynamic, all of them are very
interesting, imo.

That’s it. Now if UgaBuga want something to argue with, go ahead, but in that case, I won’t even read it,
cause I know that I’m right.

The warrior is not boring. There are so many weapons, so much combinations.
It’s just someone don’t like this profession, that’s it.

Seize the day.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rick.1378

Rick.1378

Definitely boring, but fun. Spam hundred blades and you are pretty much done. I love my warrior but temporarily shelved him at level 60 and am having fun playing my engineer, a much tougher class to get by with. I’ll definitely revisit my warrior in the future though.

in Warrior

Posted by: EpicFace.8096

EpicFace.8096

Axes are way better damage wise.
GS is fun, dunno wtf your talkin bout.
Hammer has a ton of knockdown and AoE so its cool.
Warrior is epic dude, your probably playing it like in WoW (aka boring, spam a button, use another button, keep spam).