Warriors are boring... You cannot disagree...

in Warrior

Posted by: James.2064

James.2064

I’m still new to this game but no noob to MMORPG’s, have been gaming since I was a toddler, probably been a game for about 15-16 years now. I consider myself pretty good at dodging I do it all the time and try to safe it for the moves that I know would cause the most damage to me. Started out as a elementalist and necromancer, both of which I thought were too squishy when playing solo, I recall having to play very tactically and plan things really well in order to take on a small group of monsters my level.

Then I made a warrior recently and while I’m loving how much better he is I don’t think it’s fair at all. Obviously I can tank far more damage but with the greatsword I’m doing such an insane amount of damage to multiple units that it makes my DPS on the other two characters look awful. I don’t need to plan my attack or anything with this guy, I can charge in there against a group of monsters higher level than me, buff myself out with power skills, use #2 and take them all out quick and with ease. I have used the hammer, shield and mace, and just about every other combination of weapons to find the ones I like the most and I thought Hammer was pretty cool because I could interrupt abilities and keep the enemy knocked down, and shield + mace for it’s constant stunning but ever since trying the greatsword I don’t feel a need to do such things, at least in low level PvE.

Far easier to play than Necromancer and Elementalist I find. Then again I’m still new to this game and haven’t tried every build in PvE or PvP.

I’m thinking I’ll switch back to one of the two because I find those classes more interesting to play and hope that ANet show’s them some love. Probably go necromancer.

(edited by James.2064)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I didn’t read the thread, because I disagree with the title.

I love my warrior. I do disagree.

Play something else if you don’t like the class.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

As an engineer main, I cannot disagree.

Still, once in a while it’s fun to yell real loud and smash crap with a big hammer.

in Warrior

Posted by: UgaBuga.6457

UgaBuga.6457

Okay, im sorry… Everybody has their own opinion. This is not a “troll” thread.
I wasnt trying to either. But from what ive heard, and what i know, and what ive experienced, Greatsword is the best weapon for the warrior, everybody ive talked to ingame agrees. Sure it also depends on playstyle and if you know how to play your Spec.

This was my opinion, maybe title isnt the best. or well. it isnt. But thats just how i feel about the warrior.

ArenaNet… I thought you listened to the community? what a load of bull…
But if you happen to do, listen to this thread…

in Warrior

Posted by: BoothbyTCD.2407

BoothbyTCD.2407

But I don’t agree. I love the chunky power feel of my warrior. No other class makes me feel such visceral kittenery as when I wade into a group as a warrior. And the weapon choices mean I can completely change playstyle when I get bored with my current loadout.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dark Revan.7634

Dark Revan.7634

I’m still new to this game but no noob to MMORPG’s, have been gaming since I was a toddler, probably been a game for about 15-16 years now. I consider myself pretty good at dodging I do it all the time and try to safe it for the moves that I know would cause the most damage to me. Started out as a elementalist and necromancer, both of which I thought were too squishy when playing solo, I recall having to play very tactically and plan things really well in order to take on a small group of monsters my level.

Then I made a warrior recently and while I’m loving how much better he is I don’t think it’s fair at all. Obviously I can tank far more damage but with the greatsword I’m doing such an insane amount of damage to multiple units that it makes my DPS on the other two characters look awful. I don’t need to plan my attack or anything with this guy, I can charge in there against a group of monsters higher level than me, buff myself out with power skills, use #2 and take them all out quick and with ease. I have used the hammer, shield and mace, and just about every other combination of weapons to find the ones I like the most and I thought Hammer was pretty cool because I could interrupt abilities and keep the enemy knocked down, and shield + mace for it’s constant stunning but ever since trying the greatsword I don’t feel a need to do such things, at least in low level PvE.

Far easier to play than Necromancer and Elementalist I find. Then again I’m still new to this game and haven’t tried every build in PvE or PvP.

I’m thinking I’ll switch back to one of the two because I find those classes more interesting to play and hope that ANet show’s them some love. Probably go necromancer.

Yes at lower levels you wont really have to think a lot because mobs fight in a really straight forward manner but keep playing and you’ll see that change quite quickly in higher level areas.

P.S. I disagree with this troll thread :3
Sword/Axe or Axe/Axe + LongBow for me :)

(edited by Dark Revan.7634)

in Warrior

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

I’m quite happy with dual axe so far on my warrior. Got a two-hit fury, a nice short vulnerability spin, a long damaging spin, a small leap burst with big damage, a ranged cripple… What’s not to love? It’s a really good weaponset for combining with combo fields.

in Warrior

Posted by: Chipster.6713

Chipster.6713

Actually, we can disagree.

I play a Sword/Axe – Longbow Warrior and I love it. It’s not boring to me at all.

Warriors are easy to pick up and play, but that’s just how they are. There’s nothing wrong with ‘easy to pick up, difficult to master’.

Also, Greatsword and Rifle aren’t the only good weapons out there, you just have to know how to use the other weapons… -_-

You clearly havnt tried pvp then.

Also, the warrior is easy to pickup, and theres not really much to master about the warrior, thats the problem… its too easy..

PvE, WvW and sPvP.

You can wreck people with Swords, Shields, Hammers, Maces, etc. The only weapon I have trouble with is the Warhorn.

I’d say that the Warrior and Ranger have a very similar skill ceiling. It’s not easy to become perfect at playing a Warrior or Ranger, but it’s not as difficult as, say, a Mesmer.

I agree with you on the warrior and ranger part, but LOL at the mesmer part. Have you tried one? It’s not harder than any other class. I’d say it’s even easier. Especially in PvP.
I’ve tried all classes and the only one that requires constant focus is elementalist. But that’s just because they have to work 5x times as hard, only to produce 1/3 of the warrior’s damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lt Redneck.6579

Lt Redneck.6579

to be perfectly honest, if you think a warrior is the easiest to play in any mmo then you are doing it wrong. yes it is easier to play in GW2 but all classes were made that way so you can enjoy the content more than worring about builds. if you want to see a challenge, in wow tank a heroic pug, in GW tank just about anything with a pug. tanking and healing are among the hardest classes to play in any game and so many people on these forums are asking both from the warrior class. And this thread has me worried. this is almost exactly how the monk and warrior strikes of GW1 started.