Warriors in WvW

Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Crazedwolf.7652

Crazedwolf.7652

Hello everyone, I am a charr warrior, just got to 50 and been doing WvW alot with my guild on Blackgate. And WvW us fun, but are warriors really any good in WvW? It seems we’re decent tanks for manning siege, but other than that when we get into the middle of a fight its either we kill them first or they kill us first, We dont have too much utility for the team. So Just curious what others thoughts are thanks.

www.facebook.com/crazedgaming
www.youtube.com/lolgrimfyre // www.twitter.com/lolgrimfyre
www.twitch.tv/grimfyre

Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Nergrom.7592

Nergrom.7592

Tanky hammer warriors are very useful in dispersing enemy zergs when backed by their own.
Warriors specced for ultra mobility make great dolyak hunters.
Rifle warriors are zerg assassins, take out the enemy commander or important targets.
Longbow warriors with the death from above trait are probably the best tower defense against small zergs.

Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Crazedwolf.7652

How would one target their commanders… So far in this game i have a hard time even figuring out who i’m targeting in a big zerg. lol

www.twitch.tv/grimfyre

Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Sidt.1890

Sidt.1890

commanders has their own little buff icon. just cycle through targets until you find them.

Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Crazedwolf.7652

Oh ok, Hmmm Thanks for the info

I currently run Hammer and Rifle…and the build my Warrior commander gave me is a defensive hammer shout healing build.

www.twitch.tv/grimfyre

Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Jonny.9370

Jonny.9370

The overused 100b builds also have their place as well. My warrior is able to take out dolyaks and vet guards relatively quickly solo, and it works ok for prodding the enemy front when fighting zerg v zerg if you don’t get CC’d before you can fire off the combo and retreat.

Banners can help a bit with swiftness, extra healing, giving steady fury+crit damage to classes that are less furious, and stability+revive on Battle Standard is pretty nice too.

Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Crazedwolf.7652

100b is not good in WvW too easy to dodge. I have no plans to ever use 2handed swords lol.

www.twitch.tv/grimfyre

Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: fost.9167

fost.9167

GS/Rifle here and its good. GS is great for mobility and killing downed players. However if a player dodges my 100b its awesome, less chance for them to dodge a volley/killshot.

Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Tanky hammer warriors are very useful in dispersing enemy zergs when backed by their own.
Rifle warriors are zerg assassins, take out the enemy commander or important targets.
Longbow warriors with the death from above trait are probably the best tower defense against small zergs.

Endure pain + spiked armor + Axe/axe warriors are the Zerg killer warriors.

(Not mine)

Although some say it requires teamwork, I did it today with pug zergs and I absolutely had bags everywhere on my feet.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

runeblade.7514

Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Mattidore.3482

Mattidore.3482

(Not mine)

Although some say it requires teamwork, I did it today with pug zergs and I absolutely had bags everywhere on my feet.

that video is such a bad representation of common wvw zerg. You could not be in the front line of your zerg, between 10 enemies and only take one hit every few seconds.

Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I feel like I’m the only person who uses axe/axe w/ longbow. I guess I do well in WvW because people expect a warrior to have a great sword or a hammer. I’ve come out of 6v1s with barely a scratch, and I’m no tank. People just need to learn the class and mix things up, make builds that fit their play style rather than getting them from online databases, and get creative. The class isn’t underpowered in WvW. It’s just predictable to most people. I can honestly say I’ve never been killed by a warrior in anything less than a 1 on 7. It’s not the class, it’s the people who play it. (For the most part)

P.S. When I share my build with the few people I’ve given it to, they hate it at first. It forces you to learn to use dodge and other game mechanics that are more complicated and learn the skill rotations, class combos, etc.

Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

What do I do in WvW? Leech off the Elementalist/Thieves/Mesmers that can actually have an impact there….

Pity badges.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

What do I do in WvW? Leech off the Elementalist/Thieves/Mesmers that can actually have an impact there….

Pity badges.

We have a cliff boss trait bro. Warriors OP. Done deal.

Step 1) Get your cliff boss trait

Step 2) Make yourself an attractive target (commander icons work great)

Step 3) present yourself to an enemy zerg

Step 4) stability

Step 5) jump off cliff where you almost die

Step 6) Cliff boss, everyone that follows dies.

Step 7) ….Profit.

Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: danishpuma.7943

danishpuma.7943

Warriors are AWESOME in wvw! If you use shouts they are super for team support and you can tank them up and still do good damage because you can run constant furry with the rage signet + “For great justice!” With the hammer you have 4 CC’s, 3 of them AoE and with axe/axe you can plow through zergs. Spin to win. Or use sword/axe for greater mobility. And then you have the rifle for great single target dmg. I don’t like the GS much, its to stationary for the high dmg attacks for my taste, but a lot of people run it, so I guess its good for something.

Raxna – Ranger : Raxno – Warrior
Extraordinary gentle man of [EXG]
Deso 4 life!

(edited by danishpuma.7943)

Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

runeblade.7514

(Not mine)

that video is such a bad representation of common wvw zerg. You could not be in the front line of your zerg, between 10 enemies and only take one hit every few seconds.

That player did get attacked. In fact, he/she wants to be attacked because of spike armor trait. Why didn’t the player take damage? Endure pain/Balanced Stance is why the player didn’t die or get stunlocked. This entire build is a nuker build. Which is why his/her effectiveness went down to zero after that insane huge damage burst.

Also, you are wrong when a player cannot stand in front of 10 enemies and not get hit. Some players have slower reaction time.

Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: JudgeDredd.9865

JudgeDredd.9865

I play teh capt hammer spec….it really is the best build for a warrior. I even solo with this spec and bearly lose. You still have really high damage cus of pwr you just dont hav uber crits. But hell when u hav 3200 amour and 27000 hps and u hav 3 shouts healing u 6.5k every 20 seconds on top of the 300-500 tick per second from heal signet. You just out last them. Also use soldier runes 4tw.

100b warriors get crushed. I run with the guardians in wvw cus the build is that great even converting more peeps to the build. Ill say 1 thing i do hav the GS for the 2 movment skills they get u in and out of fights alot better than other weapons choice in my opinion.

but yeah untill lvl 60 i would use rifle and keep ya distance. Hit 60 get shouts heal and start to build tank. Clerics and melandru gear. +Heal trinklets.

Warriors in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Ajea.4892

Ajea.4892

There’s so many things a warrior can do. You can kill faster then a thief, live longer then a guardian, and move faster then an eleā€¦ that being said you have to build your character to what you want to do. /copy builds isn’t the way to go because you don’t know what they were going for and a lot of our trait setups are situational. But to awnser the OP question warriors are flipping amazing in wvw in just about any build but don’t use 5 signets or you can add the repairman to your fav’ five.