Warriors in WvW?

Warriors in WvW?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ybrahim.2084

Ybrahim.2084

I’m just curious to see how many of you play Warrior in WvW and what you think of them compared to other classes. For me, I spend most of my WvW time using my rifle or my bow. Guardians and Thieves seem to be the only real WvW melee classes, as far as I can tell, but your mileage may vary.

Thanks,
Matt

Warriors in WvW?

in Warrior

Posted by: DJPenguin.6945

DJPenguin.6945

i sometimes use GS with, surprise, frenzy and bull rush. then when that’s done i go back to ranged.

Warriors in WvW?

in Warrior

Posted by: Vain.1029

Vain.1029

I love my warrior in WvW. I mostly roam with a small group of 2-3 others and take objectives. My standby is axe/warhorn, 30 tactics and quick breathing, which is absolutely amazing. Near perma group speedbuff and great group condition removal. My alternate weapon set is either longbow (for sieges) or sword/shield (roaming).

Longbow with the range upgrade is fantastic. You can lob projectiles well over castle walls and murder large groups of people up there.

I always have balanced stance; you’ll pretty much never get a stomp or rez off on someone otherwise, and it’s also great for escaping a bad situation without getting locked down.

You can definitely fight in melee, even if fighting a zerg on the open field, or if you are inside a castle defending against a siege. Jump off the wall, snare/root/stun someone, get your kill, then get out. Often a few of us will run around into the back of the zerg, kill stragglers or take out a piece of siege, and then get out. Endure pain is pretty much a must have for this. Between charge removing snares, balanced stance, endure pain, and shield block, you can get out of danger pretty easily.

Baldrekr — Stormbluff Isle

Warriors in WvW?

in Warrior

Posted by: alocay.2450

alocay.2450

I love my warrior in WvW. I mostly roam with a small group of 2-3 others and take objectives. My standby is axe/warhorn, 30 tactics and quick breathing, which is absolutely amazing. Near perma group speedbuff and great group condition removal. My alternate weapon set is either longbow (for sieges) or sword/shield (roaming).

Longbow with the range upgrade is fantastic. You can lob projectiles well over castle walls and murder large groups of people up there.

I always have balanced stance; you’ll pretty much never get a stomp or rez off on someone otherwise, and it’s also great for escaping a bad situation without getting locked down.

You can definitely fight in melee, even if fighting a zerg on the open field, or if you are inside a castle defending against a siege. Jump off the wall, snare/root/stun someone, get your kill, then get out. Often a few of us will run around into the back of the zerg, kill stragglers or take out a piece of siege, and then get out. Endure pain is pretty much a must have for this. Between charge removing snares, balanced stance, endure pain, and shield block, you can get out of danger pretty easily.

I tend to have trouble with melee as a Warrior in WvWvW but then again I don’t have the greatest gear in the world but you have some interesting tips. I’ll look out for the range upgrade, that would definitely be useful.

Edric Stormborne – Stormbluff Isle

Warriors in WvW?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ybrahim.2084

Ybrahim.2084

I too am axe/horn, sounds like our specs are pretty similar. It isn’t that I never melee in WvW, it is that usually rifle or bow is more effective.

One of the things Arena Net needs to learn from DAoC is that not getting hit is greater than any amount of armor. A class with lots of ways to avoid getting hit at all is far tankier than a class that wears heavy armor, which was why Infiltrators could tank better than armsmen. :P