Warriors need to be nerfed

in Warrior

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

So why can warriors do consistent 3-5k hits on people with a full set of heavy exotic toughness/vitality equipement including weapons and crests of the soldier in WvW? That seems vastly overpowered. Please nerf this.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

The sad thing is that you’re complaining about a warrior……..a warrior….a….. warrrior =/.

Pineapples

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

nerf our damage but give us interesting mechanics in return.

and you have a deal good sir

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

the day the OP meets a thief in WvW I bet his head will explode….

in Warrior

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

What equipment and builds are you using if you cannot defeat a Warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Nautika.5376

Nautika.5376

All I see is the same reply every OP class has when someone asks for a nerf (warranted or not).

Ohh we suck at pvp wtf you qqing for we suck

When in reality Warriors do not SUCK..

But keep saying everything you are saying to keep yourself from getting the nerfbat.

in Warrior

Malediktus.9250

I am a full toughness / vitality guardian.

in Warrior

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

^ in that case you probably should simply drop the game
seriously, the game is never going to get any easier than in a bunker guardian.

it isnt that you shouldnt have problems with a warrior…its that you shouldnt have problems with NOONE…your probably the only class/build that have more than a snowballs chance in hell against a thief, and you are complaining about……warriors????

in Warrior

Posted by: Sekin.7803

Sekin.7803

OP is attempting to divert the attention of the development team to protect his class.

in Warrior

Malediktus.9250

We guardians got nerfed every patch since release. We guardians have lowest base health (same as elementalists and thieves), while warriors have highest (same as necromancer). Warriors also got good ranged options while guardians are stuck with scepter and staff. Guardians are hardly overpowered currently.

A full defensinve equipment set should cancel out a full damage armor set, putting both people on the same level. Otherwise its just a bias towards damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

except…. you can’t hit 3-5k autos with defensive gear.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in Warrior

Malediktus.9250

exactly guardians have to sacrifice a lot of damage for survivabily, which in the end is not enough to even last 5 seconds longer to a full damage warrior.
Our best healing skill, signet of resolve will only make up for 2-3 hits of such a warrior.

With retaliation being harder and harder to keep up every patch warriors can also start kiting guardians easily while waiting for their healing and damage skills recharge.

Its ok if glascannons kill glascannons fast, but damage against “tanky” classes and builds should be quite a bit lower.

in Warrior

Posted by: Crazycad.8304

Crazycad.8304

Found this while looking for warrior vids.

Watch the last minute or so.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sekin.7803

Sekin.7803

Found this while looking for warrior vids.

Watch the last minute or so.

What am I seeing there? Warrior + thief against ONE Guardian and the Guardian won?

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

What is that ability that makes ranger immune to stuns, immobilize and other effects when they glow fiery red. That’s an ability warriors should have in my opinion instead of rangers in a sense.

Pineapples

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

For one, a warrior cannot hit huge numbers without sacrifice all defense. Sacrificing all defense means we will hit hard yes but we don’t have aegis, protection and constant regeneration and oh god forbid healing meditation skills. I play both warrior and guardian and I must admit even after the Nerf guardians are still a massive face roll.

I roll a warrior in pure exotic gear I can barely kill guardians, regardless of the build I use their survivability is absurd. Really the only people who can say warriors need a nerf are…well… mentally handicapped 5 years old blind kids who got nothing else to do.

Honestly other than mesmers and bunker guardians everything in this game is fine. Oh that includes thief too, I rolled a thief up to 80, I feel powerful enough without being over power and no Pistol whip with quickness or #2 spam aren’t viable against real players, same as HBs…seriously who dies to that garbage lol!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Mayam.8976

Mayam.8976

*sigh

… and so it begins…

You’d think every MMO would just put up a template nerf sticky by now:

“Dear (maker of game), Please nerf _________ because I play __________ and they _______________________________________________________________.”

Signed, sealed, stamped and delivered. *yawn

in Warrior

Posted by: Sami.1560

Sami.1560

Guardians are by far the hardest class for a Warrior to fight 1v1. Blinds, blocks, knock-backs, reflection walls, summoned weapons, etc. The fact that you lost in 5 seconds makes you a terrible, terrible guardian.

In addition, even with full exotic Berserker gear we can not spam 3k-5k crits. Those numbers belong to the thief. AA is in the realm of 2k-3k depending on fury stacks and which part of the chain you’re in, with ranged being significantly less. A couple of the long cooldown skills can hit for those numbers (the follow-up swing for Rush is in that range), and some of the burst skills exceed those numbers (Eviscerate and Kill Shot).

Note that those numbers are from WvW. In PvP, crit damage is nerfed to hell (only 20% on the berserker gear) so the numbers are lower still. Yes, I realise this applies to all classes.

Seriously, guardians have no business complaining about Warrior damage. Not because “guardians are op”, but because they are the hardest counter class for a Warrior to face.

in Warrior

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

^
Agreed 10000000%

Malediktus

Guardians are hardly overpowered currently.

But you say warriors are….

as a guardian….

O_O

You must be joking

All I see is the same reply every OP class has when someone asks for a nerf (warranted or not).

Ohh we suck at pvp wtf you qqing for we suck

When in reality Warriors do not SUCK..

But keep saying everything you are saying to keep yourself from getting the nerfbat.

Please link to pro team claiming warrior is a top tier class with an important role and spot in pro team comps. Please link to where they have retracted previous statements about warrior non-viability and lack of any meaningful role in tourney’s that isn’t better provided by another class.

I’d love to see it because I’m searching all over AC/TP/SS’s sites and well… Mostly I’m finding general statements of “meh” at best about warriors.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

(edited by Braxxus.2904)

in Warrior

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

A guardian who can’t beat a warrior?

Guardians are like warriors on steroids. Both in defence and attack.

You may have less hps but easily make up for it in abilities to avoid damage and yet can still output a hefty assault.

If you go all attack as a warrior you all over to eveything. If you go all defence, you are still pretty fragile but do 0 damage to anyone.

Viable ranged options? You mean rifle? Rifle is a single target, no real cc, no aoe no utility weapon with long cooldowns. I still don’t understand why people like it. I roll over rifle warriors like they arn’t even there. Roll a ranger if that’s your playstyle.

in Warrior

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

Oh, you don’t want that. Interesting mechanics translates to “Oh I don’t know how to counter that mechanic, so nerf it into the ground”

see: mesmers and thieves

(edited by bwillb.2165)

in Warrior

Posted by: Varyag.3751

Varyag.3751

Malediktus.9250

We guardians got nerfed every patch since release. We guardians have lowest base health (same as elementalists and thieves), while warriors have highest (same as necromancer). Warriors also got good ranged options while guardians are stuck with scepter and staff. Guardians are hardly overpowered currently.

Guardians aren’t overpowered, but my Guardian is definitely more useful and desirable than my Warrior in both PvE and SPvP. I actually prefer the theme behind Warrior more, but currently Guardian offers so much for what little is lost that there is little point bringing Warriors along when you can have Guardians instead.

I play Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist and Thief.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kendu Kuzal.3985

Kendu Kuzal.3985

Warriors for the most part are glass cannons. Do you not see all the survivability threads within the Warrior forum? Everyone is happy with the damage, but damage doesn’t matter if you can’t get a swing/shot off. Warrior kind of falls middle of the road for nerfs/boosts IMO. Not in as bad of shape as Necros or Eles, similar to guardian and maybe ranger or engineer, and behind thief and mesmer. I would say Necros need help and probably ele. Thief and Mesmer need some balancing adjustments. Guardians, Rangers, Eng, Warrior are all kind of hovering around alright. I think it would be a mistake to give Warriors more survivability without decreasing damage somehow.

(edited by Kendu Kuzal.3985)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

@Crazycad: I enjoyed the vid, especially the part where the warrior was consistently getting 3-5k hits.

I’m guessing the OP forgot to mention this was WvWvW and he’s currently a level 30 in level 20 gear running up against a level 80.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Malediktus.9250

No, I am lvl 80 with full exotic vit toughness gear. even traited and weapons.

in Warrior

Posted by: Graywolf.6513

Graywolf.6513

You can see he is level 80 by looking at his level bar.

hurr durr

in Warrior

Posted by: Crazycad.8304

Crazycad.8304

@Crazycad: I enjoyed the vid, especially the part where the warrior was consistently getting 3-5k hits.

I’m guessing the OP forgot to mention this was WvWvW and he’s currently a level 30 in level 20 gear running up against a level 80.

The highest I saw that warrior hit against that guardian was about 1.8k.

The OP is complaining about warriors facerolling full vit/toughness guardians and here’s a guardian nearly unstoppable against a warrior AND a thief.

The fight starts at the 11:00 minute mark, and it’s insane how much survivibility and damage that guardian has against two people.

in Warrior

Posted by: superkeggles.4617

superkeggles.4617

ah people and the QQ

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

NERF THEM!!!

Because Warriors bring to much to the table!
Bunker / DPS / Roamer / HighHP & Survivability rolled into one package.

There’s a reason there are so many Warriors in tPvP! OP!

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Posted by: RamataKahn.4283

RamataKahn.4283

You know for sure without a doubt that when someone who plays a guardian says warriors are OP that they are either trolling or a terrible player.

Without a doubt.

in Warrior

Posted by: solanu.3784

solanu.3784

Skill, skill, skill.

Doesnt matter how you build your warrior in PvP. If you kill me with it, I will just respec traits on rez to counter you.

Warriors are not overpowered by any means. They’re just easy to play due to their mechanics being purely auto attacks.

Necromancer 80 – Guardian 80 – Thief 80 – Warrior 80 – Mesmer 33

in Warrior

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

the damage doesn’t need a nerf… its that they can deal a ton of damage, and take a ton of damage… they have no risk for the reward they are getting.

reduce their health. reduce their toughness.

in Warrior

Malediktus.9250

I think they should have the same base health as guardians, so about 8k less than now.

in Warrior

Posted by: RageExpert.2453

RageExpert.2453

Not sure if trolling…

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

Sure and we die quicker than a cloth char lol!

in Warrior

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Only problem i have with warrior (or thief, maybe ranger?) is quickness, remove this from game and warrior is just fine – my opinion

all is vain

in Warrior

Posted by: Kreedz.8127

Kreedz.8127

I don’t think we need to be nerfed, but I have both dealt and been on the receiving end of a Crithammer warrior.

I consistently hit for 2.5k – 4k with Crithammer build.

22k HP
2.7k Armor
36% Crit
49% Crit Dmg (+10% dmg to knocked down/stunned foes)
3089 AP

I also use a Sword/Shield for 2nd weapon set for Mobility/Reflecting.

But the downside is I find myself getting kited a lot at times.

in Warrior

Malediktus.9250

22k hp in a damage based build? A guardian will have about 10k less in a damage based build. And of course less armor too.
I barely got around 20k with full vitality/toughness setup.

in Warrior

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

You haven’t meet a good thief yet if you crying about warriors (;

in Warrior

Posted by: Kreedz.8127

Kreedz.8127

22k hp in a damage based build? A guardian will have about 10k less in a damage based build. And of course less armor too.
I barely got around 20k with full vitality/toughness setup.

In SPvP my Warrior has 24k Hp using the same build with roughly the same stats (higher crit/toughness etc)

But Guardians can reach 20k easy in a similar damage spec also, with a lot more survivability I might add…

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAS8elYgSDHHSKEmIFRug6DxDTRFz41DIGxGC;TsAA2Cnoey8k4JLPunk8sCZQwGEA

(edited by Kreedz.8127)

in Warrior

Posted by: Shadow.3289

Shadow.3289

The majority of the classes have various aspects that make them superior to another. It all comes down to the game-play style & the gear.

• The Warrior is a defensive & powerful class that is heavily armed to defeat the greatest of evil.

“A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom”
StormBluff Isle

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Sure, nerf health and armor. But give easy access to protection, regeneration and dodges.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

Arenanet has already stated that they like the warrior as it is.

in Warrior

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Arenanet has already stated that they like the warrior as it is.

Yeah…. which is depressing

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Rockaholic.2180

Rockaholic.2180

basically all I take from your post:

“I read the forums and play the game, and other people just like me cry nonstop that they are overpowered. I couldn’t figure out why they are OP, so I don’t know what I want to complain about.
Since I definitely want to cry but don’t know why, and haven’t seen posts about the Damage with a full set of heavy exotic toughness/vitality equipment ……BINGO.
Since no one has made posts about the that yet I will cry all night about the Damage and let it ruin my experience instead of becoming stronger. "

Honestly it Hurts to see the mentality of gamers sometimes not eve worth reading

in Warrior

Posted by: Rockaholic.2180

Rockaholic.2180

OP is attempting to divert the attention of the development team to protect his class.

Quote for the Truth

in Warrior

Posted by: Stadig.7325

Stadig.7325

WvW.. stopped reading right there.

WvW.. stopped reading right there.LOL @ guardian complaining about inbalanced classes!

in Warrior

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hi everyone.

We will proceed now to close the thread as it does not remain constructive any more. Thanks for your understanding.