Warriors secondary class speculation

in Warrior

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

What’s some ideas you all have for secondary Warrior class?

How about a Warlord- with major support abilities and defense.
Or what about
Spell Breaker – anti-magic soldier

in Warrior

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

samurai… only because of the katana GS lol idk

in Warrior

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I’d actually love to see an arcane warrior. I’d like to play a warrior who dabbles in elemental magic.

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

From what i understood there will be more than one specialization for each class. Otherwise if the specialization was just simply better than the original class everyone would choose it and there would be nothing “special” about it.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

From what i understood there will be more than one specialization for each class. Otherwise if the specialization was just simply better than the original class everyone would choose it and there would be nothing “special” about it.

I’m assuming that’s the case. It would be a pointless system otherwise.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Shatter Warrior xD

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Hamturr. Wopps wrong section

in Warrior

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Drunk.

Not Drunk.

My guess.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Warrior

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Can we really expect war to get new weapons lol? Destroyer(Strengt) hammer, Blader(Arms) duel swords ,Centurion(Tactics) mace/warhorn ,Gladiator(Discipline) GS,Taunter(Defense) sword/shield worried of what new mechanic they could come up with but you get the idea.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Weapons that might fit warrior that it doesn’t have could be Dagger or Pistol. An offhand dagger to act as a secondary weapon, or offhand pistol for the same reason. Unsure how it’d specialize though.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

My guess would be some kind of paladin. I don’t know. Tough one.

in Warrior

Posted by: ImBlackMagic.5892

ImBlackMagic.5892

sword/axe + pistol = pirate (?) just saying xD
staff = monk (?)
wand, nope xDD
pistol + pistol = gunslinger (?) (or pistolero)

in Warrior

Posted by: Johnny Boi.4980

Johnny Boi.4980

I always thought that torch would be an awesome weapon for warriors. It fits their theme well.

in Warrior

Posted by: Coinhead.7591

Coinhead.7591

I got a few ideas. Here for starters:

Paragon with spear for support. Skills include shouts like “Victory Belongs to Me!” and “Brace yourselves”. Also ranged utility skill “Javelin Volley” or sotmehing like it.

Raider with mainhand torch. Brutal skills like headbutt, gasoline and fire, and maybe a shout like “I Am the Strongest!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

They might name it something weird like Blighter or Ruffian if they try to be original. Might be Gladiator or something generic though.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brahmincorle.1264

Brahmincorle.1264

I bet my money on something generec and boring like “vanguard” or “gladiator”.. one extremy tanky with suportive skills a.k.a shout warrior but with more swag, the other one squishy with superior dps comapred to vanila warrior and vanguard but with less effective suport skills than vanguard and vanila warrior.

(edited by Brahmincorle.1264)

in Warrior

Posted by: Eiland.1405

Eiland.1405

I just wish they will add another range option (like pistol main hand) so we won’t have to take that LB anywhere we go (rifle who?)
Something like a throwing spear could be cool

Dry Leaves

in Warrior

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

They shall go deeper into Adrenalin stuff most likely and we shall c berserkerclass. Most likely class what will some how end up doing massive DPS but whit that end up dmging it self. So its up to player how far do’s he/she dare to go before killing the character.

But i cant seeme to get what new existing weapon would war get. Non make sense. Only staff but not much.

in Warrior

Posted by: Eiland.1405

Eiland.1405

Well you can see polearm in the trailer so that one is a sure bet
(all those "pls pls 2-handed axe’ posts ring a bell?)

Dry Leaves

in Warrior

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

Hmm great Axe would be perfect. Hmm well let’s wait and c has Anet actually listen to ppl.

in Warrior

Brahmincorle.1264

there is no polearm to be seen in HoT trailer

in Warrior

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Gautlets would be awesome weapon for the Warrior.

LET’S KILL THE DRAGON, WITH MY FISTS!!!

I can already see some Norn shouting these xD

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Warrior

Posted by: Perry.8694

Perry.8694

There is polearm or staff at 1:35.

I want to see some magic kind warrior with staff.

in Warrior

Brahmincorle.1264

There is polearm or staff at 1:35.

I want to see some magic kind warrior with staff.

It is not polearm, polearm has to have pointed head with blade on the side of the head. 1:35 has blunt head which is clearly visible at 1:37 and 1:38.

Almost exactly like weapon on this picture which is btw a mace.

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

I just wish they will add another range option (like pistol main hand) so we won’t have to take that LB anywhere we go (rifle who?)
Something like a throwing spear could be cool

Tha’ts exactly what I’ve posted in another thread, I’m going to post it on this one instead.

I think Warriors are missing a one handed ranged weapon. I’d vote for a throwable spear.
They have one hybrid (or condi): Longbow.
One direct damage: Rifle

and…

Condi focused, hybrid and/or focused on disruption (CCs). (Throwable) Spear. ??

Pistols look terrible on a warrior (imo).

Spec name? Maybe, Battlemaster?

What form of utilities, healing skill and elite is the Warrior sort of missing at the moment?

So far, Warriors have:

Healing skills:
Anti-conditions, sustain, burst-heal, proactive heal.

Utilities:
Warriors have persistent auras: Banners.
Instant offensive support: Shouts (can be traited as defensive support)
CC skills: Physical
Defensive selfbuffs: Stances.
Almost everyone has signets (not engies) which are unique on their own.

Elites:
Banner
Transformation (CC heavy)
Signet

Warriors quite possibly wouldn’t get, for example, an elite or heal shout with the new set of skills from the specialization itself if we consider that they will all have their own theme. So I think we could speculate more accurately if we knew the name of the specialization.

in Warrior

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

Too me some berserker / rampager kinda swing would be cool for Warrior.
With skills that need to be charged before being performed and the longer you charge the more dmg you do. Something like Jecht in Dissidia or Slayer in Tera combat style, being able to chain a combo on an enemy without the enemy being able to retailiate if done correctly. Further specialization in greatsword !
(Though the current elite skill Rampager might contradict this)

So I hope it will be something like this!

(edited by luzt.7692)

in Warrior

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Brawler – and your new weapon is no weapon (fists).

Probably not, but just another idea to throw out there.

Also, to everyone saying each class will get more than one specialization, if you listen to the presentation closely, he makes it sound like each profession will get only one at the launch of the expansion. I think that is fine (since it still basically doubles the number of professions) and sets the stage for future growth.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Class: Warrior
Specialization: Ug!

Warrior is a very deep, complex class to play. The new Ug! specialization will introduce a powerful new way to play warrior, but make it super accessible to players of all skill levels.

Will contain a single attack skill on any given weapon. All you have to do is push 1 for maximum profit! The following combo will do the rest.

Will apply both condi’s, and dish out raw damage. Synergizes well with your favorite cele ammy for maximum effect!

Any random traits will work with it.

As a bonus, at the end of every 1 spam attack chain, your Ug! Warrior will should “Ug!”. (This rewards players for making it right through the 1 spam attack chain)

Sounds amazing

in Warrior

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

It will be a jungle themed thing. I think maybe something support, ambush themed vietname soldier thing

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Axe/dagger – greatsword warrior… Relly on stealth to land a powerfull eviscerate.

Sword/pistol – greatsword shatter warrior. Create a clone while dodging.

Sudenly the skill to play warrior would be huge.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sandgoose.2764

Sandgoose.2764

How about a Brawler or Berserker type specializtion, which takes the warrior back to the GW1 warrior with adrenaline having a much wider use than just the F1 ability and being used to activate heals, utilities and weapons skills!

in Warrior

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

If they add a new weapon it can be a polearm, a staff or a dagger.
I hope the polearm because it’s my favorite weapon but you can’t see it because you can use it only underwater. It can grant AoE damage skills and movement skills. A frontline build with a polearm can be very good -
Postol… no, please, no…
Dagger can be ok as main and/or offhand. A warrior with faster attack speed than ever, or with a good condition damage weapon different than Sword. Also a little hide can be very good. Hide+Eviscerate can be… :Q____
The staff can be the ANet choice and give the warrior a “monk” look, very good for the new Chinese target.

in Warrior

Sagat.3285

OH pistol … Rytlock had one for the longest.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Warrior

Posted by: boxerfanboy.7843

boxerfanboy.7843

If I was a gw2 developer I would go with a polearm/ spear as the new weapon set. Its the weapon set that would perfectly fit both pve and pvp.

in Warrior

Sagat.3285

If I was a gw2 developer I would go with a polearm/ spear as the new weapon set. Its the weapon set that would perfectly fit both pve and pvp.

Staff with polearm skin to make it more melee. You can’t just bring only 1 UW weapon to land but staff and skins exist on land already.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Profession: Warrior
Specialization: Dreadnaught
Weapons: Two-handed weapons only
Prof Mechanic:
1. Adrenal Strength – Built up during combat, when you have enough, you can dual wield your primary and secondary weapons, taking your #1&2 skill from the primary and your #4&5 skill from your secondary. These skills automatically refresh from cooldown upon activating Adrenal Strength and the effects are greatly improved during.
2. Mighty Wield – Similar to Thief Dual Wield mechanic, your #3 skill changes depending on the combination of weapons used.

I can see it now, Dual Longbows! #3 Arching Arrow Bombardmant! The ’splosions!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

I’ve been hearing and reading from multiple sources that we are not getting new weapons. That would rule out spears, polearms and whatnot.
What Rytlock is wielding in the trailer it’s not a spear or pole-arm it seems.

Warrior is lacking some kind of one handed ranged weapon. MH and/or OH pistol is more of a possibility now. Staves could very well be used on melee, though.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

in Warrior

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

Warriors are the “real” soldier class in this game, no magic, just raw muscle.
As such the skills of the new weapon should be such as well.

The weapons i see viable for such a type of class would be:
-physical damage combat staff
-torch
-pistols

Also for some reason i doubt any class would get a new “type” of weapon such as 2h great axes or polearms….

also dont forget “kit” effects.these are also pretty viable as a weapon on them selfs as well
Kits as in utilities that change your weapon skills into a different ones. Like conjure weapons do for elementalists, kits for engineers and banners for warriors.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Except one thing.. Warriors already using magic of Balthazar to give them that strength you speaking about…

in Warrior

Vukorep.3081

Except one thing.. Warriors already using magic of Balthazar to give them that strength you speaking about…

you mean all sylvari, charr, asura and norn warriors are praying to the HUMAN God Balthazar to give them magical strength that is raw muscle power?

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Who said something about praying to god? If i make charr ele do i will be praying to god by your logic? Warrior utilize Balthazar magic, not much but it is there. Just look at signets.

in Warrior

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

Balthazar is the god of War, Fire and Courage.

And I don’t really see warriors utilizing Fire magic much, neither Courage. War maybe, they are warriors after all. Warrior is about hitting stuff physically and being angry to give the punch an extra punch. I don’t really see any magic in warrior consept.

Where as…

Guardians utilize Balthazars powers more than warriors (Fire and Courage). Guardians use fire magic to damage foes and cleanse himself and allies of conditions. So if we are talking about Balthazar magic I would rather talk about skills and utilities of Guardian first and then Warriors.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in Warrior

Posted by: Boererik.3459

Boererik.3459

Mainhand Torch would be cool.

in Warrior

Vukorep.3081

thats all fine from a human point of view…. but seriously lets not mix up human gods (that are missing for years now) with other races that are using the same profession as everyone else from any other race…

Also you went into school to LEARN magic to become a monk,or a elementalist or a mezmer ect (an example would be nolani academy).

Where and how do you think warriors would get their might and strength? Their muscles,strong body structure as well as tactical combat thinking just simply magically appeared by the will of balthazar?

also what does signet of healing, stamina, might, rage, fury and dolyak have to do with balthazar…the human god…

did balthazar ride a mighty furious dolyak with endless stamina into victory!? Did the dolyak had gunk that could heal every type of battle wound?!

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

All I want is a modified version of the current underwater spears but wielded with the proper 2 handed stance. As opposed to the GS, it would be less mobile and focused on pulling them in and spiking for high damage. Most Warrior weapons are designed around sustained DPS, it would be nice to have something designed around spike damage.

Skills 1 through 4 could remain mostly the same, but Tsunami Slash is too similar to Axe 5. A skill shot that looks like a straight line that makes you quickly charge and hit all targets in the way would be cool, maybe reduce the CD by a few seconds for each target hit (imagine ZvZ). If you wanted to get silly have the first target hit get speared and carried with you for the remainder of the animation with a short knock down. Imagine having a low health enemy, pulling them out of the fight and spearing them away from the rest of their team. I want more skill shots so maybe make 3 be a cone skill that you have to aim as well.

The burst is also too similar to Earthshaker/Skull Crack. Perhaps it’s time for Warriors to get access to another combo field. I think a Lightning Field would make sense. Have it be a fairly small line or circle field that you place, passing through it dazes enemies for 1 second. Make skill 5 a leap finisher and the pull on skill 2 a projectile and you have some interesting synergy.

To explain it lore wise you could say the Warrior moves their spear as fast as lightning or something. Don’t have to consider it magic (how do we make fire arrows out of mid air?). There’s hardly any Lightning fields in the game and it’s a field that won’t be game breaking if Warriors had it (unlike a smoke field, imagine placing one then swapping to Sword/Warhorn. Hilarious).

I see no reason to waste all the spear skins in the game, many of which look really cool, by having them hardly be used. I would totally make Kamohoali’i Kotaki if I could use it on land. Sadly, I think we’re more likely to either not get any new weapons, or get polearms that will have a different look than spears.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Why doesn’t anyone favor Dagger main-hand as a possibility? :x

Also, correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t there a Warrior looking class wielding a 2h spear on the HoT trailer?

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Vukorep.3081

as said before there are no new weapons, no spears, no 2h greataxes, no pole arms… its also officially said that the devs warned the animators and graphix designers that people will confuse the new skins for some sort of a new weapon (such as ritlocks staff looking as a spear…but its still a staff)

new class specializations will get a new weapon (that already exists in the game) to equip, new healing skill, new elite, new “set of utility skills” ( dunno if a set means 3 skills or 13) new traits, as well as a “new way that will change the mechanics of the old profession”

Cause i seriously doubt rangers turning into druids will simply get 5 new skills that comes from their staff, 1new healing, 3 utility and 1 elite skill + 3-5 traits that go with the 10 new skills…

in Warrior

Posted by: Caliga Meshima.4768

Caliga Meshima.4768

Im thinking the new weapon for warriors might be dagger and torch.

In ancient times, its very common for most warriors to just have a small back up weapon such as a knife, dagger, a spike, etc.

As for the Torch, it would be the only weapon that the warrior would have access to that uses exclusively damage that is not physical. I can imagine that if they do add the torch, it would be a heavy support weapon, focusing more on burns and quite possibly, blindness.

in Warrior

Sagat.3285

Why doesn’t anyone favor Dagger main-hand as a possibility? :x

Also, correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t there a Warrior looking class wielding a 2h spear on the HoT trailer?

Dagger MH and sword OH is bad look,no new weapons just a staff with polearm skin. Spears are UW weapons don’t forget about skins people.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Ogthar.6952

Ogthar.6952

Main hand shield, I’m calling it now. Warriors will venture into the uncharted territory in the heart of the jungle and learn how to wield two shields at once. The specialization will be called the Wall.