Wars gap closers need work

in Warrior

Posted by: Senjun.8149

Senjun.8149

Use your OP (because of such short cds) gap closers to run from a zerg or gank squad fine. and in saying this im just mentioning its the only way of using it for retreat that doesn’t seem to be game breaking.

Use it to from a 1 on 1 fight especially one you started, shame on you.
Use it to from a fight in which you outnumber someone and they are beating you, shame on you.

Can we see a nerf to these similar to ride of the lightning? Fair is fair. Because of such an unbalanced and selfish use of such abilities to take advantage of certain game mechanics like resetting fights with distance is unfair and unbalanced.

AND EXACTLY why rtl was nerfed. So why not wars?

edit:added somethings and fixed spelling internet slow atm messing up typing.

(edited by Senjun.8149)

in Warrior

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Because they’ve not gotten around to nerfing Warriors yet is why its not nerfed like RTL was.

But yea, They’ll end up nerfing Warriors eventually.

Mobility/Damage/CC/High Sustain + the ability to shrug off most of the CC in the game means they’ll get nerfed eventually.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Just increase whirlwind attack CD from 10s to 15s.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lord Titan.3791

Lord Titan.3791

Does mean that Thieves’ Shortbow #5 will also get say a 40s cooldown if it doesn’t hit a target? Same with Sword #2?

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Senjun.8149

Does mean that Thieves’ Shortbow #5 will also get say a 40s cooldown if it doesn’t hit a target? Same with Sword #2?

I wouldnt see the harm in thieves shortbow getting a15-20 sec cd. since it’s range isn’t all that long anyways. I don’t play one but it looks like they can spam it to much atm, I honestly think most gap closing abilities need to see a nerf similar to rtl.

but at the moment wars are out of control

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

Thieves are no different.

Neither will get touched though because both classes absolutely need the mobility to get their sustain.

If they remove their mobility they will have to get a massive boost in sustain to make up for the loss. Would you rather have a warrior that is just as hard to kill but doesn’t have to kite?

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Senjun.8149

Neither will get touched though because both classes absolutely need the mobility to get their sustain.

If they remove their mobility they will have to get a massive boost in sustain to make up for the loss. Would you rather have a warrior that is just as hard to kill but doesn’t have to kite?

Running away from a fight isn’t the same as having sustain. That just means your mobility is allows you to do just that, run away from a fight. It also won’t effect your damage because if you use it offensively, as intended then the cds should be short. But using them to flat out run from a fight will still be possible just less likely even if all of their cds are trippled if used for retreat.

(running from a fight to reset your hp is not the same as having good sustain in combat)

(edited by Senjun.8149)

in Warrior

Lord Titan.3791

Running away from a fight isn’t the same as having sustain. That just means your mobility is allows you to do just that, run away from a fight. It also won’t effect your damage because if you use it offensively, as intended then the cds should be short. But using them to flat out run from a fight will still be possible just less likely even if all of their cds are tripped if used for retreat.

(running from a fight to reset your hp is not the same as having good sustain in combat)

So pretty much you’re saying that warriors need another sustain boost since they are forced to run from fights?

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Senjun.8149

Running away from a fight isn’t the same as having sustain. That just means your mobility is allows you to do just that, run away from a fight. It also won’t effect your damage because if you use it offensively, as intended then the cds should be short. But using them to flat out run from a fight will still be possible just less likely even if all of their cds are tripped if used for retreat.

So pretty much you’re saying that warriors need another sustain boost since they are forced to run from fights?

well I personally don’t play a warrior so i can only observe and call things out when they are obviously out of control like the subject at hand. However I’ve seen some wars not run from a fight and manage to take 3v1 with healing signet so in my opinion I’d have to say sustain is fine.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Lord Titan, you are a hero

“Rush” can’t be nerfed because of its almost 90% miss rate, therefore if it gets the same treatment of RTL, it will have to have a revamp of the skill, and a lower cool-down as well.

“Savage Leap” can’t be nerfed, because of the same thing, our sustain would need buffed significantly and we would need boons like protection (decreases all damage taken by 33%.) like the other classes have, as well as more access to invulnerabilities and evades and blocks.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Xsorus.2507

The fact that you think you need more sustain is actually kind of funny

Regardless, Its not a Matter of how the Warriors will be nerfed, But When they’ll be nerfed.

Cause we all know its coming.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Regardless, Its not a Matter of how the Warriors will be nerfed, But When they’ll be nerfed.

Says the class with more sustain? Lolololol!

Swoop should also get a 2x cooldown if it misses as well since its better then rush, so should Hornet Sting if you miss.

Rangers actually have an easier time getting away, due to evades/longbow/greatsword… lulz

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

I’d be ok with movement skills getting double cd if it doesn’t hit a target. However, target detection needs to be way better for stuff like rush.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Warrior

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

same thing with RTL. Ever try hitting Lupicus with rush or RTL? it’s almost impossible for Giant targets.

in Warrior

Xsorus.2507

Swoop should also get a 2x cooldown if it misses as well since its better then rush, so should Hornet Sting if you miss.

Rangers actually have an easier time getting away, due to evades/longbow/greatsword… lulz

Only we’ve went over this before, Warriors have more Sustain then Rangers do….We can slightly burst heal better then you with Trolls, but through out the fight you have more Sustain, Better Condition Removal ect ect.

Also its funny you think Rangers have an easier time getting away, Completely ignoring what stops a Ranger in the first place, Immobilize/Cripple/Chill, all which are completely ignored by the Warrior and lets them run. Also did you really just say Longbow…Really? I know you’re the laughing stock of these boards..But good lord man….

Really…Longbow..

/facepalm

in Warrior

Posted by: Bacon Please.8407

Bacon Please.8407

The reason eles got nerfed and not warrior is because you don’t see any videos of warriors fighting 8-10 people and being able to get a few stomps for, refresh my memory? How long was that video of the two eles doing just that? Eles had too much mobility, Cc, Condition cleanse, amazing healing, support, combo fields, 20 weapon skills per weapon ( 5 per attunement).

Warriors have 2 things going for them right now. Great Mobility, Great PvE damage. Condition removal is still quite laughable unless you trait for it and are using Longbow+ cleansing ire. Berserkers stance is 8 seconds long (10 seconds traited) on a 60 second cool down and most people don’t even trait for it as from my experience as it isn’t worth the two extra seconds. The only way warriors have good condition removal is if they spec for it with – condition duration runes/ food/ dogged march and allocating alot of points into it.

My thief has Nearly the same mobilty as my warrior + stealth + evades+ Condition removal in stealth+ perma stealth + great damage+ constant blinds.

The only downside to my thief is 2300 armor which i Compensate for slightly by running Valkyrie gear to boost my health to 18k.

Warrior mobility needs to stay the same. Freeze, cripple, fear, stun, immobilize, disable, completely shut down a warrior unless they trait and gear for it!

We all like to [FARM] Guild Leader
Jade Quarry

in Warrior

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

well I personally don’t play a warrior so i can only observe and call things out when they are obviously out of control like the subject at hand. However I’ve seen some wars not run from a fight and manage to take 3v1 with healing signet so in my opinion I’d have to say sustain is fine.

if you dont play a class you really dont have any grounds to request any change. Good or bad.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Only we’ve went over this before, Warriors have more Sustain then Rangers do….We can slightly burst heal better then you with Trolls, but through out the fight you have more Sustain, Better Condition Removal ect ect.

Also its funny you think Rangers have an easier time getting away, Completely ignoring what stops a Ranger in the first place, Immobilize/Cripple/Chill, all which are completely ignored by the Warrior and lets them run. Also did you really just say Longbow…Really? I know you’re the laughing stock of these boards..But good lord man….

Really…Longbow..

/facepalm

Right..we have better sustain than ranger, we spam evades like mad, naturally all tied to weapon skills on low cd’s, we also have access to protection, 50% endurance regen on defense minor trait, passive condition removal which takes 0 skill and 5 pets like MM Necro just to annoy poor rangers. Grow up

Saying that warrior sustain is better than ranger is just a joke. On top of that easy passive faceroll spirit mode.

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

There is so much stupid in this thread I just ignored it entirely last night… Too much…

I’m just gonna bullet point a few important issues to whomever cares and let you all mud wrestle after that to your heart’s content.

- Warrior’s gap closers are fine, learn to play. If anything a couple weapons (Hammers/Axes) could use gap closers or some defensive options to help defense, because right now they have nothing going for them.
—- Before you say it: “whaawhaawahaa hammer op!uhuhunmhhwahaa!” Learn to play. Hammer is the poor unloved step sibling of the mace right now, because not only does the Mace have better defensive capacities on its own (perma-weakness on auto attack and one extra block), but lets you couple an offhand weapon with it (usually a shield), which lets you manage its weaknesses far better. If you’re having issues with Hammer warriors learn to dodge and kite.

- Will Warrior get nerfed? Possibly. Do they need to? Not really. Unfortunately most of the players in this game are beyond trash, and ANet can be quite sketchy on their balance, sometimes succumbing to whack-a-mole balance when faced with peer pressure (see Rangers).

- Does a bunker warrior have better sustain than bunker spirit ranger? Passively: yes. Actively: no. Ultimately it’s not as big a difference as all that. Ranger has dodges, Warrior has blocks. Warrior has more passive healing, Ranger has more active (since warrior effectively sacrifices having an active healing skill). Warrior has more stuns, which indirectly gives you survivability since you’re not taking damage, Rangers have protection and can ressurect themselves. Warriors can have more mobility, at the cost of range. Warriors have a little more condition removal, but also more conditional compared to ranger’s more passive condi removal.

The difference is more about style of play than anything.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

NERF EVERYTHING.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

Wait a minute? I should be punished when I use my Savage Leap to gap away from my target so I can safely switch to my rifle? Should I be penalized for playing differently because you aren’t able to immobilise me or daze me during my leap animation?

I used to be able to cripple, gap away and switch back to my rifle. Now, with the changes that came on sword/mh I give away my cripple, wich is tied to Savage Leap, if I want to gap away and I can’t rely on Hamstring sinds it has a ridiculous short duration cripple. So my only option left is Aimed Shot and after that, unless I get back in melee range I have nothing left to kite you…

Also, if RoL got nerfed it is for the simple reason you could get away unhindered with a single click and be out of range of any attacks. It was basicaly a free cheating death card every 20sec… If you freeze or cripple a greatsword Warrior he looses all his extra mobility, wich wasn’t the case of the elementalist. Exception is the warrior longsword, but it hasonly a 600 leap unaffected by swiftness compared to a 1200 leap wich was affected by swiftness.

What they should have done with RoL is easy, reduce its cooldown and its range to every other 600 units Leaps This way it would have been more balanced and elementalist would have need at least 2 RoL to get out of range from ranged foes. And people wouldn’t have complained and the elementalist would have got an option to gab away while staying in range for their scepter attacks.

(edited by Ambrecombe.4398)

in Warrior

Xsorus.2507

Really…Longbow..

/facepalm

Right..we have better sustain than ranger, we spam evades like mad, naturally all tied to weapon skills on low cd’s, we also have access to protection, 50% endurance regen on defense minor trait, passive condition removal which takes 0 skill and 5 pets like MM Necro just to annoy poor rangers. Grow up

Saying that warrior sustain is better than ranger is just a joke. On top of that easy passive faceroll spirit mode.

You have Block, Plus Multiple CC Effects, Multiple Save Me’s that go off allowing you to ignore things like Conditions and Direct Damage, Protection which is possible from Lyssa runes (Or any Number of runes, or Warhorn), Heavy Armor, More HP automatically, higher weapon damage automatically without relying on pet AI, Much better Passive Condition Removal (Our Passive Condition Removal isn’t really condition removal, Its simply moving it to our pet which is another source of our damage which means if you use things like Cripple Ect Ect you’ll completely kitten our damage) and did you really just bring up a Spirit Ranger in an Argument about Sustain, You know Spirit Rangers have no Sustain right?

/facepalm

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Protection from Lyssa runes? kitten , that will help us a lot!

And multiple cc effects work only in 1v1. And pets can deal high direct damage without you needing to invest in power. And the enemy has to watch out for two things.

You have better evades, and spirits block attacks from you.

And we have only three utility slots -> one direct damage negator (on long cooldown), one condi negator (on long cooldown) and one stunbreaker. And only 147 armor more (7% damage reduction, even less considering both classes tend to stack some toughness). And less evades. If you count protection (by dividing its hps by 0.82, for 50% protection uptime) you get 414 hps. Better than healing signet.
And have less problems about poison.

And your pet can cc too.

So yeah, things are not so simple.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Senjun.8149

This is exactly how i feel.

And to all the posters whos defense is saying “lol l2p” this isn’t a Warrior is op, stunlocking me to death thread. This is a thread meerly saying your ability to get out of combat whenvever you please to reset a fight is ridiculously out of control at the moment and this thread is only suggesting if you use your gap closers to run away from a fight rather than to participate in it, then there should be consequences similar to ride of the lightning.

It’s sad to see any suggestions towards balancing warriors put on this forum receive so much blind and bias hatred. If i said “lets make whirlwind half a second cd longer.” some of you would still go “OHMAWGOSH NO GAME BREAKING that would destroy us!!!”

I’ve seen good warriors and you guys are way more than ok. If me suggesting that you shouldn’t be able to run from a fight whenever you please, with almost no way of stopping you (since the gap closers are insanely short on cd) and that is going to ruin your entire profession for you, then your skill as a player is questionable and so is your logic.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Protection from Lyssa runes? kitten , that will help us a lot!

And multiple cc effects work only in 1v1. And pets can deal high direct damage without you needing to invest in power. And the enemy has to watch out for two things.

You have better evades, and spirits block attacks from you.

And we have only three utility slots -> one direct damage negator (on long cooldown), one condi negator (on long cooldown) and one stunbreaker. And only 147 armor more (7% damage reduction, even less considering both classes tend to stack some toughness). And less evades. If you count protection (by dividing its hps by 0.82, for 50% protection uptime) you get 414 hps. Better than healing signet.
And have less problems about poison.

And your pet can cc too.

So yeah, things are not so simple.

3.5% Damage Reduction, not 7%.

So basicly they have 29.5% more damage reduction then we do. Also they have spamable evades and more healing.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Warrior is a class that is supposed to get in and out of a fight quickly, just like Thieves.
Since Warriors can’t bunker like Guardians (that’s why we have 2 heavy classes, duh), they need mobility.
They will never nerf our mobility, it’s like removing magic from Elementalists.

in Warrior

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

Wait a minute? I should be punished when I use my Savage Leap to gap away from my target so I can safely switch to my rifle? Should I be penalized for playing differently because you aren’t able to immobilise me or daze me during my leap animation?

I used to be able to cripple, gap away and switch back to my rifle. Now, with the changes that came on sword/mh I give away my cripple, wich is tied to Savage Leap, if I want to gap away and I can’t rely on Hamstring sinds it has a ridiculous short duration cripple. So my only option left is Aimed Shot and after that, unless I get back in melee range I have nothing left to kite you…

Also, if RoL got nerfed it is for the simple reason you could get away unhindered with a single click and be out of range of any attacks. It was basicaly a free cheating death card every 20sec… If you freeze or cripple a greatsword Warrior he looses all his extra mobility, wich wasn’t the case of the elementalist. Exception is the warrior longsword, but it hasonly a 600 leap unaffected by swiftness compared to a 1200 leap wich was affected by swiftness.

What they should have done with RoL is easy, reduce its cooldown and its range to every other 600 units Leaps This way it would have been more balanced and elementalist would have need at least 2 RoL to get out of range from ranged foes. And people wouldn’t have complained and the elementalist would have got an option to gab away while staying in range for their scepter attacks.

It’s people like you who got RtL (it’s RtL, for Ride the Lightning, not RoL) nerfed.

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

in Warrior

Senjun.8149

Warrior is a class that is supposed to get in and out of a fight quickly, just like Thieves.
Since Warriors can’t bunker like Guardians (that’s why we have 2 heavy classes, duh), they need mobility.
They will never nerf our mobility, it’s like removing magic from Elementalists.

No it’s like nerfing ride of lightning for eles.

in Warrior

Posted by: Grimfalcon.3847

Grimfalcon.3847

Really…Longbow..

/facepalm

Yeah protection on dodge isn’t sustain. Protection when hit by a crit? That’s not sustain. Troll heal and signet that heals every second?

Grimfalcon – War, Karin Tai – Ele

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Really…Longbow..

/facepalm

Yeah protection on dodge isn’t sustain. Protection when hit by a crit? That’s not sustain. Troll heal and signet that heals every second?

Stealth when you use a long bow so nobody can see you? Short Recast?

Not Sustain.

in Warrior

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Mesmers have 5+ incombat leapbacks/cloacks they can use on short notice, it’s almost impossible to even hurt them without cap closers. If you go true with this i want staff 2 (mesmer) CD to be 15 sec as well. Cause dueling against them is a pain in the ****. And we don’t deserve less tools to win these next to impossible battles.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.