Weapon Camping vs Weapon Swapping

in Warrior

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Hello guys….

I currently run 6 5 0 0 3 on one of my warriors.
III IX XI
V X
III

and 6 6 0 0 2 on the other.
V X XI
V X XIII
III

On the first build, I run 2x greatswords….. and on the second build…. I run dual 1h weapons on both sets.

The way both of these builds are setup….. I am pretty sure I’m doing more damage than I ever did back when I would weapon swap between GS / Axe + Mace, simply by camping the weapons I am fully traited for.

The first build is traited for camping greatsword, and the second build is traited for camping 1h’s (you can still use weapon swap ….. to swap to another GS or a different 1h+1h set or offhand).

I’m simply not seeing numbers that support the notion that players should be weapon swapping to untraited weaponry.

I truly believe it is overall better to just camp one weapon set the entire time.

Its no wonder all the meta builds have given up on warrior as a DPS class, and now use him to buff the rest of the party’s damage instead.

Sure PS and EA are nice….. but I feel like so many players have swapped off the solo vs party-wide thing because you are literally flushing your damage potential down the toilet when you swap to a weapon (set) that you aren’t fully traited in.

Think about it…. and draw your focus to the Master trait in the Strength line…..
For your Master trait, you are forced to choose between a trait that will either help you with GS or Axe.

If you are missing a trait that increases your damage, then you are losing dps when you swap to the weapon set you are not completely traited in….

…and if you are partially traited in both axe and greatsword….. you are doing 80% of your dmg potential 100% of the time.

Now….. PS EA dual banner has its place in an organized team…. but when you are not in an optimized team….. and you find yourself carrying pugs….

If you want to test this solo or on a team….
Try out camping the dual 1h weapon sets (build number 2).

After you’ve tried that try the gs camping build.
It does sacrifice some vulnerability stacking…. so make sure you are on a team that can stack vulnerability without you.)

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

in Warrior

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

Its a very complicated subject though i believe you covered most of it. I dont care enough about inflicting 5 less vulns over 1 minute of time or loosing 1% DPS. So i do whatever i feel like doing.

For those who are interested enough, here is DnT analysis on the camping vs swapping.
http://www.dtguilds.com/mobile/forum/viewthread/m/6563292/id/12497977
If you just care about own DPS, i believe there was an outdated excel file comparing like 20 different variations of warrior builds DPS.

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

It’s been known for a while that in an optimal setting where you never screw up your rotation, camping GS with 66002 is overall the very best sustained DPS that a warrior can achieve. The problem with this is that sometimes you do need to swap. Sometimes when you’re solo you want sword offhand for a block, or mace for a tremor (interrupting berserker abomination’s berserk form is a pretty good example).

It sounds like you understand the importance of mace offhand for application of vuln so I won’t go into detail about that, but one of the biggest luxuries of 65003 vs 66002 is that you sacrifice at minimum 50 points (sometimes up to 130) of precision in order to gain 50 ferocity + the comfort of not totally screwing yourself over in the event that you do need to swap.

Fast hands is quite possibly one of the most useful traits between all minor and master level traits available to a warrior, but it’s certainly not an absolute necessity. It just allows for more comfortable gameplay and in some cases is better.

Nice post though, truly. ^^

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)