Weapons you'd like to see?

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

I’d love to see a Variant to GS and Hammer combo, but a Great Axe. What weapons or combination of weapons would you guys like to see?

1. Auto could do something similar to GS in a wider arc, causing vulnerability, cleave etc, 3rd attack in auto could do a small aoe shockwave
2. Perhaps a combination of what HB and Fierce blow offer, or perhaps just 1-2 fast giant slices that could do similar damage to what HB offers but is a 2 part skill.
3. I’d love to see something like what Engineer hammer 3 offers. That triple dash forward swinging your axe in a wider arc into a daze offering evade etc, a different approach to what Whirlwind offers but a great way to approach an enemy while simultaneously evading.
4. A shockwave that cripples or knocks down, or perhaps something like pommel bash with a daze similar to Rangers GS.
5. I’d love to see something like Rush but faster, like Charging Bull, when you charge into your foe knocking them down and then a huge downward cleaving motion.

The burst im not too sure of, maybe something like Earthshaker that is just a large frontal AOE tremor cone, similar t what HOT mobs have without a leap animation.

Attachments:

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

(edited by Furajir.3815)

in Warrior

Posted by: Frank.3791

Frank.3791

1. Battle axe
2 one handed hammer
3. Some kind of knuckle weapon.
4.polearm/make spear usable on land (with different skills obviously).

in Warrior

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

My roommate has said frequently that if 2-h axes were available, he’d switch his main to the Warrior in a heartbeat… and that includes a 2-h axe skin for the hammer.

Agreed. Cestus, brass-knuckles (orichalcum-knuckles), handwraps, punching dagger, etc… doesn’t matter. If I can punch a dragon to death in Skyrim, I want to the same in GW2! Unarmed fighters are always my favorite to play.

~EW

in Warrior

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

1. Battle axe
2 one handed hammer

One handed hammer = mace. They just need to make more diverse models for it.

I’d love to see your other 3 suggestions. Knuckle would make for at least a great off hand, to simulate single-wielding a one handed weapon. Thieves should get this too.

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

My roommate has said frequently that if 2-h axes were available, he’d switch his main to the Warrior in a heartbeat… and that includes a 2-h axe skin for the hammer.

Agreed. Cestus, brass-knuckles (orichalcum-knuckles), handwraps, punching dagger, etc… doesn’t matter. If I can punch a dragon to death in Skyrim, I want to the same in GW2! Unarmed fighters are always my favorite to play.

~EW

Same, id never play anything else.

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

1. Battle axe
2 one handed hammer

+1 for punching things.

I’d also accept dual-knife with punching animations.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Love the polearm idea, I played an armsman in DAoC for years. They could do some cool animations with it.

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: Serale.9314

Serale.9314

Polearm and Spear yes. All my yes!

Serale Everstar – Condition Warrior Forever!

in Warrior

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

Land Spear ANet pls

in Warrior

Posted by: Dipdoo.4861

Dipdoo.4861

I’d like a spear/halberd on land, a Great-axe, and fists. All sound interesting, the spear/halberd and fists in particular.

My vote would have to go to fisticuffs, nothing would be more satisfying than punching a Rev or Scrapper out, except maybe going fists vs zerg. Just imagine it, body slamming one player at a time, screaming “JOHN CENA!!!” At your monitor. That’d make a good burst skill.

Bodyslam: “Lift your opponent into the air before slamming them onto their back, forcing your weight onto them and stunning them.”
Just imagine an Asura bodyslamming a Charr

Big Cat Dipdoo ~ Warrior, Caeda Ripstep ~ Revenant, Braum Has Arrived ~ Guardian [SQD]
“It’s time to Rim Ram their Jim Jams.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

A one handed rifle for PvE would be nice.
Currently only 3 skills are needed/used 99% of the time, on a rifle in PvE.
Shouldn’t be too difficult to make.

in Warrior

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

You mean like a pistol lol

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in Warrior

Posted by: Obindo.6802

Obindo.6802

Polearm, Greataxe, Fist weapons/nunchucks (not only for warr)

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Poleaxe

Spear

in Warrior

Posted by: RJMazz.6798

RJMazz.6798

Off-hand pistol with a spammable, fast firing medium-long “auto-attack”-like 4 skill so we can feel like Assault Space Marines and an off-hand bolter gun. I don’t know what to make of a 5 skill.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

I mean a one handed rifle. That’s all rifle is in PvE now.
3 skills should be one handed.

You do know normal conventions are not usable here. I can throw an axe farther than I can shoot a shortbow.

in Warrior

Posted by: darksoverign.5360

darksoverign.5360

just give me dual greatswords.. all I need 1 sunrise 1 twilight <3
the skills for the offhand gs would obviously have to change the 4 and 5 skills
i’d like to see them make the 5 like a ranged leap with a ground targeting so it maintains some mobility but you can change the amount depending on needs up to id say 900-1200 range. the 4 id like a brutal finisher type skill but put it on a decent cd not spamable low but still useable. we would keep the usual hundred blades and whirlwind.
I’m probably just dreaming but its fun to think about =p

Attachments:

(edited by darksoverign.5360)

in Warrior

Posted by: Fkp.4138

Fkp.4138

i want to see warrior using Spear in land!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

I mean a one handed rifle. That’s all rifle is in PvE now.
3 skills should be one handed.

You do know normal conventions are not usable here. I can throw an axe farther than I can shoot a shortbow.

They would just make it a pistol im guessing…id like to a pistol with skills comparable to rifle on war tho…would make a fun combo with shield

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in Warrior

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Greataxe (cleave focus)
Spear (mobile weapon)
Glaive (360 AoE all day)
Lance (Medium range two-handed weapon)
Crossbow (long range burst)
Flail (medium range one-handed weapon)
Main-hand Shield (defensive “weapon”)

(edited by Henry.5713)

in Warrior

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Given that the spear is currently an underwater weapon, I can’t see them programming it to also be a terrestrial weapon… just ’cause of some confusion it might cause with newbies.

~EW

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

If you get confused trying to figure out the difference between a water and land weapon, you need to be playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure. Plus they could always rename it lance, halberd, polearm etc

in Warrior

EphemeralWallaby.7643

If you get confused trying to figure out the difference between a water and land weapon, you need to be playing Hello Kitty Island Adventure. Plus they could always rename it lance, halberd, polearm etc

I completely agree.. but I’m trying to look at it from their standpoint, and what they’d have to deal with from the player base:

“I can use spears on land and underwater, so why can’t I do the same with my greatsword?” Or, “Why do I need to have a different ‘type’ of spear for underwater than on land, they’re spears right?” Or, “I just made the wrong kind of ascended spear and wasted a ton of resources.”

…and on, and on, and on.

“Polearms” would definitely be a solution.. if implemented right.

~EW