What build are YOU running in sPvP?

in Warrior

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

I’m seeing a lot of people running the obvious meta builds, but what else are people running? I’ve seen a few Gunflame warriors, and a lot of GS wars, so I’m curious what everyone is doing.

I’ve been running the standard macebow, occasionally mixing in s+t/lb if I feel like I need to carry harder, but I’m jonesing for some power gameplay. Might start screwing around with gunflame again after I get through this tier I’m in.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in Warrior

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i play fun mess around builds (in unranked)
my favourite at the moment is Hammer zerker,
spamming 5k crits with a cc spamming weapon

also fun is shout bunker with every regen you can muster,
and ofcourse GS zerker

in Warrior

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Uhh i smell the burns incomming XD

in Warrior

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

I’m running condi meta at the moment as well but I’m hoping to be able to switch back to Power GS/ Axe+shield in later tiers. Right now condi war just feels like too much pressure to pass up.

in Warrior

Posted by: ulchanar.4309

ulchanar.4309

I’ running this version of the standard GS/axe&shield power build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAneRnMdAVhgNeAehAElilqA7d0mantK9gYXMApA0ACAA-TpBFQBE4EAEwyAA4BAcv9HawhAgBHBAA

I was using Signet of Might over Dolyak Signet and/or Bloody Roar over Eternal Champion in offseason but found being CCed the biggest weakness of the build.

Demo amulet, Scrapper runes and Dolyak Signet make you a very tough target for power damage while CI and the high stability uptime allow constant condition removal. Damage is still good enough.

I find this version the most “allround” of my tests so far, playing only solo Q where you need to be able to survive on your own.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR5enMdAdhgVhAOeAElilqA790maftK9gYXOApA0ACAA-TphFABKcQAE4CAswRAAgHAw/lBWf/BA

Worked really Well for me, i swap cleansing ire for rr depending on enemy comp.

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Condi Stomper
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRAse5enMdAdhgtdAWdAEliFiAD5E8CGBGBgPYP7t4+cnuA-TZhAAB/dSAyvMAR7P8xRAAgHAAA

A hybrid Power condi build intended to work best in a team fight. Its predictable in 1v1s, but creates a heck of alot of confusion in groups .

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I’m running demolishers ammulet with gs/hammer with stances , str def dis, cleansing ire and burst mastery. Cleaving cleansing and tier 3 bursting nonstop over here in those cluttered up mid fights

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

shouts with mace/torch bow. the fire field from torch means you can use skullgrinder to make & detonate fire fields for king of fires. 100% recommend.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

Not really sure yet since I just started pvping the other night, I breezed through to halfway sapphire only so far, but it seems like with the new demolishers amulet and the change to AH, warrior seems so much better on the power side

But like I said, I’m still in sapphire only so far so I guess that still doesn’t mean much

in Warrior

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I play power warrior. Definitly not meta, but plays best for me and is super fun.
Sometimes i pick defy pain … It´s good but i want to do damage and twoshooting my oponets is realy nice XD. Sometimes i pick berserkers stance if i see lots of condi builds …
Eh and even this not being my main and me being at best average with it i kill condi warriors …

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAU5enMdAtkitdAmdAEliFiA7t4ucjuGBgP4AA5E03GBA-TpBCQBc4BAov9HYwFAohlByzBBAAHBAA

It´s all for the fun and this build is huge CC combined with heavy hits :-).
The only thin i miss is unblockable. Guess i should use migth signet.

in Warrior

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

It is nice to see there are so many different builds instead of meta.

I run Berserker GS/Hammer myself.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

I run mace/torch / Lbow Condi.

Although i don’t like the style, i’ll always find GS power build cooler to play. Just playing condi to get my wings and also getting back at those necros this season

(edited by Fade to Black.7042)

in Warrior

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

I play GS/Rifle with berserker amulet the damage is real high risk rewarding playstyle.

in Warrior

Wolfric.9380

I now try axe/WH instead of rifle. It´s because i needed speed in WvW and now learn to play it. Not so happy being pure melee but seems to work well enough. the hits can be devastingly huge. I swap berserkers stance in dependign on oposing team. From playstyle i prefer shatterstone but from environement i have stance in more …
I this succsessfuly you with stun or knockdown you are mostly done …
An taunt realy helps in this build. the build doesn´t have high stunbreak or stab but just enough for the assault.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRBHhl21JTHQLpYbHgZHARpY5HwMWABgGASM4w1CefuV3tLA-TpRBQB9b/BA8AA+wBBwYnAgBcEAgYZAA

in Warrior

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I’ve been running sword/shield with either GS or Rifle, depending on enemy comp. Using paladins amulet atm, though I might try a something with more dmg output. Marauder maybe? Id still want the hp boost to buffer all the condi’s people run.
I’m at the end of sapphire, but I don’t think I’ve lost to anyone 1v1 as of yet, though some enemies I take a good amount of time to get through, particularly support tempest/druids, or better than average scrappers.

Will probably try a few matches with marauder and the toughness version of it once I hit ruby lol

I enjoy pure melee, but against classes like DH, having a range option, particularly rifle burst, helps quite a bit, otherwise they just auto you while hoping you hop into all their traps lol.

in Warrior

Posted by: Stigi.9357

Stigi.9357

Meta works fine atm. Don’t see any reason to use another build.

in Warrior

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Meta works fine atm. Don’t see any reason to use another build.

The shout meta build? That was outdated when i started playing?

Edit: nvm i thought this was a wvw forum lol

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

(edited by Chase.2798)

in Warrior

Wolfric.9380

Well condi meta is easy to play. You land the burst save for healing and apply enough dangerous conditions. Unless there is an ele or someone build against conditions you win in the long run. In addition you have good CC.
While i am not against conditions and think they should have a place, it feels misplaced on warrior. I prefer CC + burst warior.
Warrior is a hardcounter to conditions himself when using berserkers stance. Only necromancer with boon corrupt can break this, but he is often susceptible to CC and i did feel it myself when i chainstun one to death which goes quick with power warrior ;-).

(edited by Wolfric.9380)