What build killed me?

What build killed me?

in Warrior

Posted by: fallconn.6480

fallconn.6480

So I haven’t played a warrior yet so I don’t know their builds yet.

I was playing my necro in SPVP when a warrior charged up to me from around a corner (very fast speed, I am guessing the greatsword rush skill) and mowed me down in about 3 or 4 seconds. I’ve been playing SPVP and, outside of getting ganked by a thief, this was the first time I’ve been killed that fast. It wasn’t the first time either with that player. Several times over several matches the same player would charge in and kill me in just a few seconds. I know enough to break stun and dodge but his ability to charge me and take me down that fast made it really tough to avoid death each time.

Do any of you know what build he might have been using? I have to believe it was a heavy DPS build and want to understand what counters I have against it.

What build killed me?

in Warrior

Posted by: nldixon.8514

nldixon.8514

Did he knock you down? Bull’s Charge > Frenzy > Hundred Blades would be my guess.

[Edit: And if he killed you that fast, he’s probably got next to zero survivability.]

What build killed me?

in Warrior

Posted by: Rohanin.2475

Rohanin.2475

Sounds like a Greatsword bulls charge frenzy Hundred blade combo

What build killed me?

in Warrior

fallconn.6480

I normally wouldn’t ask but this guy was killing me so quick and could repeat it on demand that I had to figure out what he was doing. I wish I had taken video of it. I’m lvl 22 in spvp and have played quite a few matches and, like I said, I’ve only ever been killed that fast by a thief.

He had good survivability since I know that I had several conditions on him, enough to take down a squishy player fast.

What build killed me?

in Warrior

nldixon.8514

Well, it’s impossible to tell or verify without any more information or video/screenshots.

If he did kill you in three to four seconds, he’s definitely running a glass cannon 100B build.

Are you a minion Necro? There’s apparently a bug with Bladetrail that causes more damage the more targets it hits. There was a video someone in which a Warrior uses Bladetrail and obliterates a minion Necro in about two to three seconds. That might be the issue you’re running into, unless the bug has been fixed and I just didn’t hear about it.

[Edit: Actually, the video is in a thread about three or four posts down from this one.]

(edited by nldixon.8514)

What build killed me?

in Warrior

fallconn.6480

Yeah, I saw that though I only have 1 minion up at a time. I’m not sure but if I run into it again I’ll take some video.

What build killed me?

in Warrior

nldixon.8514

Why in the name of god is “re” and “tar” censored when placed next to each other?

What build killed me?

in Warrior

Posted by: Secro.5039

Secro.5039

Why didn’t you check the combat log?

What build killed me?

in Warrior

Posted by: Talk.2935

Talk.2935

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAR3ejkOxu1Q6OMxBAjiiA68gKmaSpYu2A;TYAqaM1IqxWjrGZNA

If it wasn’t that build it would have been something very similar. They tend to pop the 2 signets (sometimes replacing “signet of might” with “for great justice”) then knock you down, frenzy and 100b. The combination of crits and vuln = more might which means his last 100b hit (which already hurts alot) does even more.

Not dead? Switch to axe and evis.

Usual cookie cutter. Long downtime though with alot of 60 sec cd skills.

What build killed me?

in Warrior

Posted by: Edelweiss.9815

Edelweiss.9815

It’s a bit sad that I knew what this post was about, since it’s the only build that can actually kill kitten

What build killed me?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

obvious troll is obvious, indirectly whining about d/d thieves and directly complaining about 100b warrior. He did check the combat log, that’s why he’s on the forums.
What kind of player is lvl 22 in spvp and doesn’t know these 2 gimmicky builds?

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

What build killed me?

in Warrior

fallconn.6480

obvious troll is obvious, indirectly whining about d/d thieves and directly complaining about 100b warrior. He did check the combat log, that’s why he’s on the forums.
What kind of player is lvl 22 in spvp and doesn’t know these 2 gimmicky builds?

The non-min max type of player. Sorry, I don’t bother ever looking at combat logs so didn’t think of it this time either. My question was simply a way to try and figure out what build had that type of high DPS. There are lots of things I should have done, just didn’t think of it at the time. I will definitely have my process down now.

IMO… the warrior that killed me so many times was using some type of bug or exploit since I had never been killed that quickly by a warrior in the past. I could be wrong but it scares me that there are these particular combos in the game that can bring down players so quickly. I don’t want this game to turn into a twitch game like Mortal Kombat where the people that can execute the perfectly timed combos are always going to win. This guy definitely got the fatality on me each time.

What build killed me?

in Warrior

fallconn.6480

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAR3ejkOxu1Q6OMxBAjiiA68gKmaSpYu2A;TYAqaM1IqxWjrGZNA

If it wasn’t that build it would have been something very similar. They tend to pop the 2 signets (sometimes replacing “signet of might” with “for great justice”) then knock you down, frenzy and 100b. The combination of crits and vuln = more might which means his last 100b hit (which already hurts alot) does even more.

Not dead? Switch to axe and evis.

Usual cookie cutter. Long downtime though with alot of 60 sec cd skills.

Thanks, this may have been it. I am going to make that build and see if I can replicate what happened to my necro.

What build killed me?

in Warrior

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

IMO… the warrior that killed me so many times was using some type of bug or exploit since I had never been killed that quickly by a warrior in the past. I could be wrong but it scares me that there are these particular combos in the game that can bring down players so quickly. I don’t want this game to turn into a twitch game like Mortal Kombat where the people that can execute the perfectly timed combos are always going to win. This guy definitely got the fatality on me each time.

It’s not a bug, it’s extremely likely he’s using a glass cannon build (a build which sacrifices both vitality and toughness for damage). Many thieves use a glass cannon build as well, for example.

What Frenzy does (if he’s using it) is speed up animation time at the expense of defenses, so if he’s knocked you down and Frenzy and then hundred blades you, unless you use a stun breaker move to get back up and dodgeroll, it’s likely you’ll take the majority of the damage from it.

What build killed me?

in Warrior

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

IMO… the warrior that killed me so many times was using some type of bug or exploit since I had never been killed that quickly by a warrior in the past.

You don’t get killed by that build often because very few Warriors run it.

Very few Warriors run the build because it’s terrible and only kills bad players.

But keep on trolling.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.