What class troubles you the most

in Warrior

Posted by: ArcticRed.3068

ArcticRed.3068

Im talking pure WvW here.

On my other characters its mainly P/D thieves. Apart from my guardian who eats them but struggles vs Mesmers.

I have just started a warrior and plan to lvl from 30 upwards in WvW so i was wondering what class i need to look out for

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Elementalists – because they are:

Tanky.

Healy.

Crowd Controly.

Cowardly.

If you see a D/D Elementalist, don’t even bother attacking. You won’t win.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: MuffinOrama.7531

MuffinOrama.7531

I hate Mesmers.

I hate them.

I waste all of my mobility skills and knockdowns only to discover that it was a clone, and then I have to slowly lumber after the Mesmer swinging my sword/hammer hopelessly as they deliver 2k facecrits.

It hurts, man.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Just look for the one not jumping or rolling.

Of course, really good Mesmers won’t give you those tells but most will.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Tanky.

Healy.

Crowd Controly.

Cowardly.

Nerf the sustain by half and it wouldn’t be so imbalanced.

Permanent chill, godly mobility, and sustain.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Tanky.

Healy.

Crowd Controly.

Cowardly.

Wariors have triple the HP, double the armor and double the attack power too.
Just take a rifle and kill ‘m with y’r 1200 range, D/D have very low range.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Tanky.

Healy.

Crowd Controly.

Cowardly.

All three which are essentially useless against an D/D Elementalist.

Triple the Health? Elementalists have more “effective Health” due to all their healing, invulnerability and escape abilities.

Double the Armour? One word: Protection. 33% raw damage reduction beats our Heavy Armour hands down.

Double the Attack Power? Depends on build. Also, most of it is melee.

However the one point that nulifies it all for sure is the Elementalists ability to just simply run away. Ride The Lightning, go! Teleport, go! Mist/Vapour Form, go! If an Elemetalist doesn’t want to fight you, he/she won’t fight you. If they do want to fight you, however, you’re not getting away as a Warrior.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Freekill.6478

Freekill.6478

Tanky guardians.
Since I’m not running a full dps build I find it hard to kill them. They can’t kill me either but that’s another story.
Usually we just stand there fighting until reinforcements come from either side, or until I push them of a cliff.

in Warrior

Posted by: ArcticRed.3068

ArcticRed.3068

So nobody has too many problems with thieves here?
Mesmers wouldnt trouble me tbh, i have one and can spot the real one a mile off. My guardian struggles vs them because he has no mobility and low dps.

in Warrior

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Elementalists and mesmers. Anything I can’t catch, really. Not much I can do to stop an elementalist just RTL’ing the other direction. They’re practically made of stunbreaks and condition removal so stability/immobilize doesn’t work. They’re generally tanky as kitten, too, so I can’t kill one fast enough.

I’m sure we all know about mesmers.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Mesmers wouldnt trouble me tbh, i have one and can spot the real one a mile off. My guardian struggles vs them because he has no mobility and low dps.

Only when they glitch to have perma-Stealth, but even so I don’t find them all that dangerous.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Freekill.6478

Freekill.6478

Not really, all you need to do is land some kind of stun or daze and they’re gone in 2 seconds.

in Warrior

Posted by: WakkaJabba.3910

WakkaJabba.3910

depends on the type of thief. honestly u can tell what type of thief it is by looking at the weapon.
(i run p/t/v hammer shout build)
d/d and p/p, glass canon. d/d will try to burst u down with steal+cnd+backstab then a few heartseeker, easily countered with fear me then hammer whooping. p/p will spam Unload on u, countered with savage jump+shield bash+hammer whooping. they have 11k health normally with no defence, once they are chain cc-ed into my hammer, they are done. some of them carry a stun break but most of them dont.

p/d is condition bunker build, they use cnd then stack conditions, normally 17~19k health with many escape abilities. i use shout to remove condition and ignore them. not worth the time.

s/d or s/p is kinda like a versatile build to me, they have some defence, some hp, not bursty as d/d bs build. they have a daze, a gap-closer which may also act as a stun breaker or a teleporting skill, and many escape mechanics. normally i ignore them cuz they will always run away if they want to. most of the time u will see them trolling ir group with stealth and shadowsteps, which serves no function in winning wvw.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheSithCode.4036

TheSithCode.4036

Elementalists are the bane of my warriors existence. Even if I get the upper hand on them in a fight they just run away. And then if I down them they instantly mist away into their team and get saved. Ugh.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Vapour Form could use quite a smacking with the nerfhammer, for sure. Elementalists can just suicide charge in with D/D then use it to sneak back into a Keep or back to their zerg.

Ugh indeed.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: KeepersWay.4159

KeepersWay.4159

Only when they glitch to have perma-Stealth, but even so I don’t find them all that dangerous.

there is no perma stealth glitch. stop posting false information.

in Warrior

Posted by: vorpal.1497

vorpal.1497

If you’re on Verizon DSL then thieves most certainly can have perma stealth as far as your client is concerned ;-P

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

First of all, bunker ele is the next class/build on the nerf list. It, in and of itself, was a minor topic on the latest twitch live feed.

Secondly, AoE is being rebalanced…and most of the ele’s attacks will probably be within range of the nerf bat.

Lastly:

The culling issue is giving thieves an unreasonably short duration of ‘visibility’ by other players. It’s not something they do on purpose, its just what happens.

Many guilds have found a particular method of forcing server culling on players while launching an attack…and this does involve Shadow Refuge.

Stealth is currently problematic in WvW and it is definitely giving thieves an unfair advantage. To deny this issue is to say one of two things; either you’re completely oblivious to the current issues of the game or you’re defending a broken mechanic that you knowingly overuse.

in Warrior

Posted by: WakkaJabba.3910

WakkaJabba.3910

i dont see thief abusing culling as a Huge issue cuz normally it takes like a second to cull in a thief, in a small group fight. what makes culling as an issue is when portal bombing, 20 people ports in at the same time causing a big lag in server, takes like 5 or more seconds to cull.

what really annoying is those perfect timed CnDs, on illusions or pets or npcs. if using the shadow art traits and done well, no revealed debuff and can chain CnD many times. this has nothing to do with using culling, just re-apply stealth right when it wears off. according to devs, its working as intended, but well… its annoying.

in Warrior

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Tanky.

Healy.

Crowd Controly.

Cowardly.

Triple the Health? Elementalists have more “effective Health” due to all their healing, invulnerability and escape abilities.

Double the Armour? One word: Protection. 33% raw damage reduction beats our Heavy Armour hands down.

However the one point that nulifies it all for sure is the Elementalists ability to just simply run away. Ride The Lightning, go! Teleport, go! Mist/Vapour Form, go! If an Elemetalist doesn’t want to fight you, he/she won’t fight you. If they do want to fight you, however, you’re not getting away as a Warrior.

Good points you made. D/D eles are pretty close to melee range when you think bout it. Considering killshot on rifle can do 14k damage you could technically one-shot a badly built D/D ele at 1200 range.
Cripples also are pretty much useless against a good D/D-ele since they effectively have 4+ condition removals.
The warior can have enough mobility to keep up or choose to go for some ranged but don’t expect to beat an elementalist with your hundred blades. More likely to win using whirling axe, sword-2 spamming to keep up + signet of rage with 30s swiftnes.
What would you say considering above mentioned points?

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Then how come I see so many Thieves that are permanently invisible except for when attacking? Stop trying to cover it up.

Tanky.

Healy.

Crowd Controly.

Cowardly.

Good points you made. D/D eles are pretty close to melee range when you think bout it. Considering killshot on rifle can do 14k damage you could technically one-shot a badly built D/D ele at 1200 range.
Cripples also are pretty much useless against a good D/D-ele since they effectively have 4+ condition removals.
The warior can have enough mobility to keep up or choose to go for some ranged but don’t expect to beat an elementalist with your hundred blades. More likely to win using whirling axe, sword-2 spamming to keep up + signet of rage with 30s swiftnes.
What would you say considering above mentioned points?

1. Downing an Elementalist at 1200 range means nothing; as soon as they hit the ground they will Vapor Form away to safety. The further away you are from the Elementalist when he/she goes down, the worse are the results, really… That’s the biggest problem I have with Elementalists; once they go down they are given a free “extra guy” each time. No other class have this advantage and it is so broken in WvW.

2. I’m a Sword/Warhorn Warrior. Even with all the Leaps and Condition Removals that offers, you just can’t keep up. They have far more escapes than you have gap closers and your Cripple on Sword’s 3 has a huge cooldown and they cleanse it real easy. Not to mention that they themselves ooze Chilled and Crippled out of every bodily orifice they have!

Honestly, the best idea is just to avoid confrontation all-together. It is a big waste of time. Like a Benny Hill chase scene.

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Good points you made. D/D eles are pretty close to melee range when you think bout it.

Melee range is 130. Most of the D/D ele skills are 300-400 range, some of them are longer. The only one that is melee-ish is “Ride the Lightning” which is a 1200 move to begin with.

Even as D/D eles are hardly a melee class.

Considering killshot on rifle can do 14k damage you could technically one-shot a badly played D/D ele at 1200 range.

Fixed that for you.

And perma-swiftness, don’t forget about perma-swiftness.

A few points about the rest of this:

• The warrior can only keep up with the 600 and 1200 dashes, not the 900 teleport
  • Savage leap has a 8 second cooldown; hardly a spammable skill
  • Whirling axes does nothing to help you chase a target
  • 30s of swiftness is no comparison to perma-swiftness
  • Chill/cripple hamper the distance of all your movement skills as a warrior

Until they remove the ele’s ability to combo in his own fields and buff himself with long durations of every known boon in existance, he’s going to be OP. Its just that simple.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nergrom.7592

Nergrom.7592

I’ve had trouble with the following:

WvW:

1. Glass backstab thieves

Culling, and my choice of running a beserker set mean that if the thief is in full exotics/ascended I will die outright before he renders. If I see him approaching and use a block or endure pain, they run and reset.

2. Mesmers

Ever fought 5 mesmers with the legion build….. oh god the nightmares.

PvP:

1. Necromancers

Depends on spec, obviously, but It really ticks me off that they have about 4 lifebars of health to go through while I have limited condition removal (warrior ftw).

2. D/D elementalists

Can I put pressure on one? Yes. Can I survive one? Usually. Can I kill one? No…
They run away, or they run to their team when you finally down them. Ridiculously frustrating to deal with.

3. Mesmers

Because mesmers kitten me off.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sidt.1890

Sidt.1890

mesmers and d/d elementalist for sure. i run with sword/shield and even use the immobilize on cripple trait and bola utility skill but i can never seem to catch them in the end. so annoying :l

in Warrior

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

D/D elementalists that know that they are doing give me the most problems.
Condition ranged thieves are next. They always appear somewhere random and looking around for them is annoying. They stack more bleed than I can remove with shouts. I love how Rifle skills follow them even in stealth. Using volley I can track where he goes for a bit. Kill shot (I think) also follows them since I have had a few come out of stealth on the floor.
Mesmers are slow and I can outrun them

in Warrior

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Good points you made. D/D eles are pretty close to melee range when you think bout it.

Melee range is 130. Most of the D/D ele skills are 300-400 range, some of them are longer. The only one that is melee-ish is “Ride the Lightning” which is a 1200 move to begin with.

Even as D/D eles are hardly a melee class.

Considering killshot on rifle can do 14k damage you could technically one-shot a badly played D/D ele at 1200 range.

Fixed that for you.

And perma-swiftness, don’t forget about perma-swiftness.

A few points about the rest of this:

• The warrior can only keep up with the 600 and 1200 dashes, not the 900 teleport
  • Savage leap has a 8 second cooldown; hardly a spammable skill
  • Whirling axes does nothing to help you chase a target
  • 30s of swiftness is no comparison to perma-swiftness
  • Chill/cripple hamper the distance of all your movement skills as a warrior

Until they remove the ele’s ability to combo in his own fields and buff himself with long durations of every known boon in existance, he’s going to be OP. Its just that simple.

Quite frankly I think since the boons are such powerful tools all the classes should be balanced out with the boon-production. I do agree that of all the classes the elementalist has the most possibilities for getting boons on the other hand they also have low base health, armor and attack power but the boons even then still make them too strong.

Plus the fact that he had to run away from you in the first place is proof that you are stronger.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Again, their base Health doesn’t matter due to how much Healing they have in Water. Nor does their low armour matter due to them having access to Protection in Earth.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

im only scared of good mesmers. they hurt real bad and have the mobility to escape me at the same time.

oglaf: sword and warhorn.. jesus. love making life hard on yourself, eh?

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

oglaf: sword and warhorn.. jesus. love making life hard on yourself, eh?

I’m not one of those selfish Warriors running around with Greatswords only caring about kills in WvW.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

My biggest problem in WvW?
The Thief that managed to 2-shot me before I could see him, just about 20 or so minutes ago. :P
And no, I’m not a full ‘zerker glass cannon either. I’ll admit I’m not decked out for PvP, but geezus…

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’