What does it feel like?

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: Senjun.8149

Senjun.8149

what does it feel like to be able to run away from any 1vx you want to? As long as you aren’t held down and daze spammed from the start? It must be fun being able to be an olympic track runner that hits like a train.

Or maybe you can tell me whakittenfeels like to continuously regenerate 393+ hp per second while you spam stuns and bombard your enemy with some of the highest single target burst ingame?

I’m just a simple scepter/focus ele, i just wanna know how it feels to be something that’s easy to play, extremely rewarding and insanely overpowered, please fill me in!

oh and if someone from anet happens to read this, why isn’t anything be done about this sooner? Are they not paying you? Step aside ill do it for free.

(edited by Senjun.8149)

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: MandJ.8965

MandJ.8965

Don’t know, I am only a Sword Shield + Hammer Warrior. Go, ask other classes how does it feels like.

Momekas
Momekas Namu

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

Warrior was fine for a long time, but then he gets nerfed hard in pve, but all people do is complain about pvp changes.

So to answer your question: It feels like trying really hard at school, doing your best to have a future, and then getting punished by your parents every single day because you dont drink enough beer and dont smoke enough weed.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

How does it feel like to have 20 weapon skills at once?

Or maybe you can tell me whatkittenfeels like to have real invulnerability and teleport?

Or you can just tell me how does it feel like to burst down an enemy in 2 seconds.

I’m just a simple warrior, i just wanna know how it feels to be something that’s easy to play, extremely rewarding and insanely overpowered, please fill me in!

oh and if someone from anet happens to read this, why isn’t anything be done about this sooner? Are they not paying you? Step aside ill do it for free.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Or maybe you can tell me whakittenfeels like to continuously regenerate 393+ hp per second while you spam stuns and bombard your enemy with some of the highest single target burst ingame?

As an engi bunker, I tell you it must be terrible. I regenerate twice that value.XD

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

feels very good i must admit. the only thing i need to work on is how to get away from a full enemy team as a warrior and get them to chase me around and waste time and never actually be able to kill me. i’m thinking of bringing signet of stamina and then doing berserker stance -> signet of stamina and then rush -> whirlwind attack to troll them good since I have mobile strikes and running runes of melandru and dogged march. healing signet + adrenal health + banner regen practically makes you invincible in a 1v1 anyways so it’s very very relaxing to play. i get to focus down who i want, since i’m always the last to be targeted (very refreshing coming from a thief who is always first to be targeted and first to drop) no matter what, i can res anyone i want and even if they focus me when i’m ressing my HP barely goes down! it feels good. this is what playing on “EZ-Mode” must feel like, I guess.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Lighter.5631

feels very good i must admit. the only thing i need to work on is how to get away from a full enemy team as a warrior and get them to chase me around and waste time and never actually be able to kill me. i’m thinking of bringing signet of stamina and then doing berserker stance -> signet of stamina and then rush -> whirlwind attack to troll them good since I have mobile strikes and running runes of melandru and dogged march. healing signet + adrenal health + banner regen practically makes you invincible in a 1v1 anyways so it’s very very relaxing to play. i get to focus down who i want, since i’m always the last to be targeted (very refreshing coming from a thief who is always first to be targeted and first to drop) no matter what, i can res anyone i want and even if they focus me when i’m ressing my HP barely goes down! it feels good. this is what playing on “EZ-Mode” must feel like, I guess.

what? trolling uplevels who can’t CC in wvw? man, i do that all day long on my thief…i can 1vX so easy, but as a warrior, if you get focused you are pretty much dead.

“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Excalibur.9748

what? trolling uplevels who can’t CC in wvw? man, i do that all day long on my thief…i can 1vX so easy, but as a warrior, if you get focused you are pretty much dead.

berserker stance -> signet of stamina clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds. Enjoy!! Noone can keep up with you besides you got most mobility. After you storm out it’s impossible to catch you.

All is vain.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Lighter.5631

berserker stance -> signet of stamina clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds. Enjoy!!

….You joking right?….i don’t even know why do i bother myself with one of the biggest noob or troll in this forum.

-Excalibur.9748

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

what does it feel like to be able to run away from any 1vx you want to? As long as you aren’t held down and daze spammed from the start? It must be fun being able to be an olympic track runner that hits like a train.

I’m just a simple scepter/focus ele, i just wanna know how it feels to be something that’s easy to play, extremely rewarding and insanely overpowered, please fill me in!

WHAT GAME ARE YOU PLAYN ? Here is gw2 forum ! And from an ele to come that out O.o you are freakin out of your mind !

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: Gutts.8791

Gutts.8791

Sounds like the OP took a thrashing from a kitten warrior

I should have done the same when when I got trashed by a d/d ele. The player was nice, I told him I was gutted that I lost because my warrior is my main (out of my 5 level 80’s).

He said "don’t be gutted, warriors weren’t made for 1v1

So I’ll complain here about that fight then.

What does it feel like to be able to cycle through 20 different skills, essentially meaning you always have something useful off cooldown?

What does it feel like to have 2 knockdowns, one of them AOE just like our stomp, but on shorter cooldowns and without using up a utility slot?

What does it feel like to have water attunement and be able to wipe conditions and heal without even touching your healing and utility slots?

What does it feel like to have protection and be able to soak more damage in your light armor than I can in my heavy armor?

What does it feel like, to go out and defend a tower or keep in WvW, get downed outside, but be completely safe from being stomped because you can mist form back inside your tower? As a warrior I feel like I should be one of the main ones on the front line defending my keep, but I get focused on and downed and then stomped so I can’t, I wish I knew whakittenfelt like to go outside and do battle risk free (well I do know, because I have a level 80 d/d ele )

What does it feel like to summon an elemental to fight for you, making you match up to every other class in the game that can summon something to fight along side them while my poor warrior has to fight all alone, so I’m going to be always outnumbered no matter what class I fight, and have nothing but my HP and heavy armor (with no protection) to mitigate the damage.

I’m just a simple greatsword warrior, i just wanna know how it feels to be something that’s easy to play, extremely rewarding and insanely overpowered, please fill me in!

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Dunno hammer and mace here

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

from 90% of the roaming and smallscale warriors running skull crack / 100b.. must feel great, especially killing people with 3 buttons! it probably means stepping up their game for people who ran only bullsrush-100b before! but most dont get the build right so they are only half as dangerous, no cavalier gear and sometimes even wrong traits / utilities…. on the other hand meeting the proper build and gear feels like running into a brick wall.. with spikes! that build is completely out of control in WvW… just like the perma stealthing thieves or perplexity engis… crazy stuff, Anet only cares about balance in spvp sadly.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

from 90% of the roaming and smallscale warriors running skull crack / 100b.. must feel great, especially killing people with 3 buttons! it probably means stepping up their game for people who ran only bullsrush-100b before! but most dont get the build right so they are only half as dangerous, no cavalier gear and sometimes even wrong traits / utilities…. on the other hand meeting the proper build and gear feels like running into a brick wall.. with spikes! that build is completely out of control in WvW… just like the perma stealthing thieves or perplexity engis… crazy stuff, Anet only cares about balance in spvp sadly.

Saying that the Skullcracker build is only 3 buttons is vastly understating how the build works. If you bring a stunbreaker with stability (you should) it becomes a matter of properly using your break/stability and during that time where the Warrior can’t do any good damage can you use that chance to take the initiative. I see players constantly either not take any form of stun break or stability, or if they do they pop it when I hit with Shield Bash as opposed to waiting until they get hit by Skull Crack.

Let’s not forget that dodging/blinding/blocking a Skull Crack after using stability also means you’ll probably be able to use the skill again by the time the Warrior can attempt to land it again. Skull Crack does actually have a different animation than other Mace Skills, it’s subtle but noticeable. It’s a perfectly horizontal swing kitten opposed to the diagonal swing of Mace 1. If you see a pause mid autoattack, chances are a Skull Crack is on its way. I’ve fought other Warriors with Mace and we end up missing over half of our Skull Cracks because we can tell when it’s coming. Let’s also not forget that Skull Crack only locks down a single target, which in WvW isn’t all that useful in a big fight unless maybe you get a glassy commander (most of the good ones are built really defensively). As for PvP, it can be great to lock down a high value target to be bursted by the team but you can also just focus the Warrior down and either kill him or force him to peel.

Also, do you realize that before it was not just Bulls Charge + 100b at launch, a little skill called Frenzy was involved. That means 2 utility skills that were on high cooldowns were required, and stun breaking it meant that you had 60 seconds before attempting it again. It was only good against players who couldn’t dodge, didn’t have a stun break, or were caught unawares.

I actually run Hammer more than Mace now because having all of your offensive power being reliant on 2 skills is not all that great against a decent opponent. At least with Hammer + LB I have attacks that allow me to do damage while they are using stability or if I miss Earthshaker, but at the cost of mobility.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

ah right, forgot about frenzy, but that was simultaniously with 100b! but mace stun has no cast time so you cant react to it. i have even more latency then it takes for the mace to reach my head. also.. while dodging backbreaker or similar 1 second-casts is in the realm of possible for older folks like me, even all those half a second casting skills are pretty much out of reach. i guess if you know whats coming and play the build yourself you have a good chance to get out of reach, just telling from when you would apply the mace stun yourself.. but telling that animation from a regular swing and dodging on that basis alone? not a chance, and i believe in this case it has nothing to do with my age, its humanly impossible because there is no cast time on mace stun, that comes down to pure intuition.

so that argument is null and void in my opinion. yes you can avoid skull crack, but only when the opponent does it when you expect him to. so pretty much like every other instant cast in the game. since mace has no other usable skills though, its pretty clear the enemy will apply it when using the mace and it might be best getting out of range untill your cooldowns are up… but even switching weapons and then skull cracking takes no time at all so.. if you are a melee you will taste it for sure.

afaik there wasnt any changes to bullsrush knockdown, correct me if im wrong. you never ate the whole 100b anyways and its easy to see the bullsrush coming and do something about it, even used to be easy in close range before the did something about it.. but in the beginning players were worse then now and didnt even dodge out or stunbreak so there was a lot of QQ about it naturally. also i dont complain about a really evil burst with a 40-60 second cooldown, it was just an example for easy combos that put out a lot of damage – what bad/new players favour, in that respect i consider the bullsrush-100b legit like that terribly hard hitting thief combo for example… it hits like a truck, but if you mess it up or the enemy pull a utility its on a long cooldown – totally fine by me.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

You did used to be able to hit with the full 100b as far as I remember, Bulls was a 2 second KD and 100b is a 3.5 second channel and Frenzy increased it by 100%. That combo may have been avoidable but it also had range, something Skull Crack lacks at only 130. Staying mobile is yet another method of reducing the number of times you get stunned. You can pull a 180 when they get close and it’ll miss because you’ll be behind them. The cast is also not instant, fast, but not instant.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

ah right, forgot about frenzy, but that was simultaniously with 100b! but mace stun has no cast time so you cant react to it. i have even more latency then it takes for the mace to reach my head. also.. while dodging backbreaker or similar 1 second-casts is in the realm of possible for older folks like me, even all those half a second casting skills are pretty much out of reach. i guess if you know whats coming and play the build yourself you have a good chance to get out of reach, just telling from when you would apply the mace stun yourself.. but telling that animation from a regular swing and dodging on that basis alone? not a chance, and i believe in this case it has nothing to do with my age, its humanly impossible because there is no cast time on mace stun, that comes down to pure intuition.

so that argument is null and void in my opinion. yes you can avoid skull crack, but only when the opponent does it when you expect him to. so pretty much like every other instant cast in the game. since mace has no other usable skills though, its pretty clear the enemy will apply it when using the mace and it might be best getting out of range untill your cooldowns are up… but even switching weapons and then skull cracking takes no time at all so.. if you are a melee you will taste it for sure.

afaik there wasnt any changes to bullsrush knockdown, correct me if im wrong. you never ate the whole 100b anyways and its easy to see the bullsrush coming and do something about it, even used to be easy in close range before the did something about it.. but in the beginning players were worse then now and didnt even dodge out or stunbreak so there was a lot of QQ about it naturally. also i dont complain about a really evil burst with a 40-60 second cooldown, it was just an example for easy combos that put out a lot of damage – what bad/new players favour, in that respect i consider the bullsrush-100b legit like that terribly hard hitting thief combo for example… it hits like a truck, but if you mess it up or the enemy pull a utility its on a long cooldown – totally fine by me.

Easiest way to defeat a Skullcrack warrior is to have your stunbreak saved for when you see him swap weapons to GS.

As a weapon-swapping class they are subject to a 10 second cooldown (5 with trait, the build does use it) So in other words the warrior MUST be in mace for a minimum of 5 seconds during combat before being able to pull off the spike.

This is something you can visually see, and it easy to notice. If a warrior starts with mace when entering the fight then they either need to pop sig of fury (they don’t use this though) healing surge, or manually smack you to build the adren for a full duration stun. Unlike Bulls + 100b, you have more than enough time to react and maintain range and/or dodge.

Most players that die to this build outside of group settings (in duels etc.) are usually the single-minded players that simply cast their “rotation” and hope the other guy dies first.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

yeah you are right the bottom line is probably – watch the weapons: if they are on GS they cant pull the combo – if they are on mace – keep away from the skull crack or you are dead. but thats about it when it comes to countering this build if you are not ranged – pretty much impossible for not very skilled players and you have to know it aswell.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

Oh look, it’s this thread again. So warriors can escape fights. Let me ask this.

Are thieves still in the game? What’s that? The answer? Yes? They can stealth and teleport still?

You have no kittening argument, OP.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Senjun.8149

Oh look, it’s this thread again. So warriors can escape fights. Let me ask this.

Are thieves still in the game? What’s that? The answer? Yes? They can stealth and teleport still?

You have no kittening argument, OP.

Actually i do, I kill thieves all the time. They’re so squishy and if they aren’t squishy then their damage is low but their stealth spam is high. It seems to balance out, i don’t play one so i don’t know how they work entirely but i have no problem with them, also their longest stealth granted by shadow refuge seems to be on a long cd.

Wars sprint away 2100+ units in 2 seconds and one of these is an evading mobile attack (whirlwind) so can’t really stop one at all. Not only that but what do you sacrifice for such godly mobility? nothing, and it doesn’t even have a long cooldown? What’s up with that?

(edited by Senjun.8149)

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Warrior was fine for a long time, but then he gets nerfed hard in pve, but all people do is complain about pvp changes.

So to answer your question: It feels like trying really hard at school, doing your best to have a future, and then getting punished by your parents every single day because you dont drink enough beer and dont smoke enough weed.

You see normally I would ask if you are on drugs. Anet’s kind of getting mad at anyone that speaks out on these forums, hell they get mad at their own devs for it. So I’m just going to say you should learn to play.

OP if the war is running away he’s just as useless as a stealth thief. That is to say he an do absolutely nothing. Just ignore him, unless you feel his running away is somehow threatening to you.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Senjun.8149

You see normally I would ask if you are on drugs. Anet’s kind of getting mad at anyone that speaks out on these forums, hell they get mad at their own devs for it. So I’m just going to say you should learn to play.

OP if the war is running away he’s just as useless as a stealth thief. That is to say he an do absolutely nothing. Just ignore him, unless you feel his running away is somehow threatening to you.

Well i wish his running would make him useless heres aa example on why it needs to be taken care of.

3 v 3 we focused the hammer war first. got him to 20% he pulled out gs, ran from the fight. (nothing we could do) he sprinted about 3000 units away after whirlwinding twice and charging once. so we focus the other 2.

He jumps back into the fight after resetting his hp and managed to down one person which we revived. We kept fighting, thief used sr. Two stealthed war was visible, we focus the war to about 20% again.

He sprints away, we chased alittle bit no one had mobility to match it. He resets hp. We focus the other 2, now ignoring the war who was doing insanely high damage. Kill the other 2.

Guess what the war does after we beat his team mates? You got it. He ran away. nothing we can do to stop it. We even had a kitten good thief, who had his teleports and basilisk venom, i used signet of earth in place of mist form. Nothing worked, war still got away.

Btw in reality that fight was 6v3 but i dont count the uplevels who dropped like flies.

(edited by Senjun.8149)

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Well i wish his running would make him useless heres aa example on why it needs to be taken care of.

3 v 3 we focused the hammer war first. got him to 20% he pulled out gs, ran from the fight. (nothing we could do) he sprinted about 3000 units away after whirlwinding twice and charging once. so we focus the other 2.

He jumps back into the fight after resetting his hp and managed to down one person which we revived. We kept fighting, thief used sr. Two stealthed war was visible, we focus the war to about 20% again.

He sprints away, we chased alittle bit no one had mobility to match it. He resets hp. We focus the other 2, now ignoring the war who was doing insanely high damage. Kill the other 2.

Guess what the war does after we beat his team mates? You got it. He ran away. nothing we can do to stop it. We even had a kitten good thief, who had his teleports and basilisk venom, i used signet of earth in place of mist form. Nothing worked, war still got away.

Btw in reality that fight was 6v3 but i dont count the uplevels who dropped like flies.

Then you won, what does it matter if he ran away. That is all that matters. Either you successfully defended the objective, or you did not. If you did not then his escapes don’t matter. If you did, then his escapes don’t matter. At no point in that does it matter that he escaped. If you are defending a node/camp whatever and you fight a thief. He goes into stealth, then runs away. Congratulations, you won. He goes into stealth, then regenerates. You do the same and repeat the fight. Congratulations you won. It’s the same with any escape mechanics, it’s an escape mechanic. Once they use it, you’ve already won.

That’s a big problem with uncoordinated groups in wvw. They chase people instead of paying attention to what’s important. Defending, or taking, the objective.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Excalibur.9748

Teleports and 1 CC on kitten cooldown isn’t gonna cut it. You need to actually be built to catch a warrior as a thief, to catch 1.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Senjun.8149

Then you won, what does it matter if he ran away. That is all that matters. Either you successfully defended the objective, or you did not. If you did not then his escapes don’t matter. If you did, then his escapes don’t matter. At no point in that does it matter that he escaped. If you are defending a node/camp whatever and you fight a thief. He goes into stealth, then runs away. Congratulations, you won. He goes into stealth, then regenerates. You do the same and repeat the fight. Congratulations you won. It’s the same with any escape mechanics, it’s an escape mechanic. Once they use it, you’ve already won.

That’s a big problem with uncoordinated groups in wvw. They chase people instead of paying attention to what’s important. Defending, or taking, the objective.

Yeah we won thats not the point though. The point is the war can do exactly what a dd ele could do but better.

Dd ele use to be able to go 1550 units away on 15 second cooldown. A war can go 2100 units away on a… what isi t, 18 sec cd? 1200 on 18scd and 900 + evade on 10 sec cd.

Anet nerfed rtl just for the reason that it was being used to run away, why aren’t they doing the same to warriors? You can say “it’ll destroy us bla bla” all you want but im only asking for a nerf if the ability is used for running rather than fighting like rtl.

Using abilities to run away from combat to take advantage of the out of combat healing, then to charge back in, is abusing game mechanics for personal gain. Thats exactly why rtl was nerfed, so tell me how is it fair?

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

redslion.9675

IMHO they should restore RTL. At that time it seemed like a big deal, but it wasn’t the main problem. Maybe the fact that you are invulnerable while using it is a bit of a concern. If it is, make RTL movement faster and make it last less, so that you can still cover the same distance.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

IMHO they should restore RTL. At that time it seemed like a big deal, but it wasn’t the main problem. Maybe the fact that you are invulnerable while using it is a bit of a concern. If it is, make RTL movement faster and make it last less, so that you can still cover the same distance.

You aren’t invulnerable while using it. It locks you out of all your skills while using rtl and you can be immobilized while in it effectively making you a free kill since you cant use any skills while you’re a ball of light. I don’t get why they nerfed it in the first place as any semi decent player with half a brain could have stopped them from getting away with a simple immobilize. The devs are just too braindead/stubborn to admit they made a mistake and revert the changes when warrior, ranger and thief all outclassed the ele by miles in terms of mobility even BEFORE the nerf.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Yeah we won thats not the point though. The point is the war can do exactly what a dd ele could do but better.

Dd ele use to be able to go 1550 units away on 15 second cooldown. A war can go 2100 units away on a... what isi t, 18 sec cd? 1200 on 18scd and 900 + evade on 10 sec cd.

Anet nerfed rtl just for the reason that it was being used to run away, why aren’t they doing the same to warriors? You can say "it’ll destroy us bla bla" all you want but im only asking for a nerf if the ability is used for running rather than fighting like rtl.

Using abilities to run away from combat to take advantage of the out of combat healing, then to charge back in, is abusing game mechanics for personal gain. Thats exactly why rtl was nerfed, so tell me how is it fair?

But THAT is the point though can’t you see. A warrior built for mobility was only useful for running away. Last time I checked just simply running away from fights all the time doesn’t accomplish much of anything. So how can something be overpowered when it doesn’t accomplish anything, I guess besides making people like you mad because you couldn’t kill him. So what does it feel like to be only useful for ditching your server buddies?

A warrior’s mobility comes through having 2 sets of weapons that are built for mobility and optimizing traits accordingly. And that mobility could be stopped with chill, immobilize, cripple. Warriors don’t even have perma-swiftness unless they use warhorn and have some boon duration

Ele’s came through a specific weapon skill from a weapon set and that was it. Not to mention that it covered a large distance in a shorter timespan and was actually for a long time travelling further then intended and was a lot less vulnerable to CC. Now I agree it was over nerfed but it is comparing apples to oranges at this point.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

(edited by killahmayne.9518)

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Nikkinella.8254

A warrior built for mobility is hardly useless. I can deal a pretty decent amount of damage. All bunker ele was good for was running away. It could never kill anyone. It was just a troll spec. Unlike a properly built warrior. I’m extremely mobile and tanky and can kill most people I encounter pretty quickly as well. I and my guild have made several videos proving this, so im not just talking a bunch of crap. I can back up what I say. I can do more damage with a bunker warrior than a burst ele can do and have way more survivability and mobility as well. Nothing has really changed for me. I just use warrior now instead of ele to troll people. Well, I shouldn’t say nothing has changed. I can ACTUALLY kill people with my warrior unlike with ele. I can dive into groups of 10 or 20, kill a couple, run away, still have time to /laugh at them while they chase me, and get back to someplace safe. So yeah I agree, it’s by no means fair. The warrior can do what ele was accused of being OP for doing, running away, but be exponentially better at it AND have the benefit of actually being able to kill someone, which bunker ele could never do.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Senjun.8149

Actually wars don’t have to trait into this mobility or anything, you sacrifice nothing for it. It’s there on the greatsword whenever you need it, you can use it for fighting or you can use it for running, I don’t much see the difference between that and rtl. The only difference is wars have more mobility than a vanilla elementalist and never got nerfed for it.

Also every war ive seen so far, does colossal damage. Which i don’t mind! I think warriors should hit hard, harder than most since they have to be up in your face but for the mobility wars have now either nerf it, or sacrifice some damage and cc to get it. DD ele also has to be up in your face, all the time to do anything the only difference is dd eles have the smallest health pool of all professions, good CC on a long cooldown, and less mobility than a warrior. you can’t justify the nerf over rtl comparing it to what wars have its impossible.

I want an anet dev right now to come in here and tell me why rtl deserved a nerf but wars multiple abilities that surpass it do not. Then maybe my mind will be changed BUT i highly doubt it because anet seems to not know what they are doing.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Senjun.8149

A warrior built for mobility is hardly useless. I can deal a pretty decent amount of damage. All bunker ele was good for was running away. It could never kill anyone. It was just a troll spec. Unlike a properly built warrior. I’m extremely mobile and tanky and can kill most people I encounter pretty quickly as well. I and my guild have made several videos proving this, so im not just talking a bunch of crap. I can back up what I say. I can do more damage with a bunker warrior than a burst ele can do and have way more survivability and mobility as well. Nothing has really changed for me. I just use warrior now instead of ele to troll people. Well, I shouldn’t say nothing has changed. I can ACTUALLY kill people with my warrior unlike with ele. I can dive into groups of 10 or 20, kill a couple, run away, still have time to /laugh at them while they chase me, and get back to someplace safe. So yeah I agree, it’s by no means fair. The warrior can do what ele was accused of being OP for doing, running away, but be exponentially better at it AND have the benefit of actually being able to kill someone, which bunker ele could never do.

Thank you for doing the honorable thing and admitting to the faults anet has made.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Nikkinella.8254

Why do you think I rerolled warrior? You’d be smart to do the same. It’s easy mode compared to ele and the devs main warrior so it’s a protected pet class that will only receive buffs despite how overpowered it is now. Abuse it while you can before someone with half a brain accidentally makes it onto the balance team.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Sil.4560

Actually i do, I kill thieves all the time. They’re so squishy and if they aren’t squishy then their damage is low but their stealth spam is high. It seems to balance out, i don’t play one so i don’t know how they work entirely but i have no problem with them, also their longest stealth granted by shadow refuge seems to be on a long cd.

Wars sprint away 2100+ units in 2 seconds and one of these is an evading mobile attack (whirlwind) so can’t really stop one at all. Not only that but what do you sacrifice for such godly mobility? nothing, and it doesn’t even have a long cooldown? What’s up with that?

I can only conclude that the thieves you have faced are incompetent. Anyone who manages to die with complete invisibility and that kind of mobility as an escape is a terrible player.

“What’s up with that” is that warriors don’t have any gimmicky tricks like other classes have. We get raw mobility because we can’t stealth, blink, or both during it.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Senjun.8149

I can only conclude that the thieves you have faced are incompetent. Anyone who manages to die with complete invisibility and that kind of mobility as an escape is a terrible player.

“What’s up with that” is that warriors don’t have any gimmicky tricks like other classes have. We get raw mobility because we can’t stealth, blink, or both during it.

I can sit here and name everything warriors do have but i feel like half of the forums points it out enough. Not trying to be mean but i may as well save it on my desktop and start copy and pasting everything you have that most professions don’t.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Sil.4560

Like blinks, stealth, a pet, poison, and protection? Get over yourself. Warriors have had the same mobility from day one and you’re choosing now to whine about it because you’re unhappy that they can’t just be facerolled when they do stick around to fight any longer. Boo hoo. We’re viable now in more ways than just fleeing combat.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: Turtle.4130

Turtle.4130

They really only kill bad players. This Mace/Shield + GS cheese whining group is literally like those Bronze players in Starcraft 2 who whine about Zerg being OP because they got 6-pooled. I mean…

You don’t even have to be amazing to beat anyone with this build – You can be AVERAGE – you just have to use your brain (Not even THAT much, this is THE most telegraph-able build in the game atm), and if it still causes you difficulties, you should stay in PvE.

In fact, I think I’ll tell you the secret to beating these sheep warriors.
“Apply brain to game instead of applying face to keyboard.”

(edited by Turtle.4130)

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Senjun.8149

Like blinks, stealth, a pet, poison, and protection? Get over yourself. Warriors have had the same mobility from day one and you’re choosing now to whine about it because you’re unhappy that they can’t just be facerolled when they do stick around to fight any longer. Boo hoo. We’re viable now in more ways than just fleeing combat.

Ok well since you wanna put it that way.

Wars have the best single target CC ingame on a shorter cooldown than any cantrip anyone can bring to the table which holds someone down for their insanely high burst (also one of the most hardest hitting burst ingame)

oh but do you have to sacrifice anything to still have all of this happen? No of course not. You can be a very tanky warrior and still do INSANELY high damage with this copy and paste process.

You have arguably the most powerful slot 6 heal ingame (complimented by your heavy armor, blocking capability, high mobility and high single target CC -unless you use a hammer in which case high aoe CC-)

Oh but surely since you have all of this….. your mobility must be low or at least average. oh wait of course not you got the best mobility ingame out of any profession at any given state in all of gw2. An olympic track runner who hits like a train and heals for 393+ hp every second.

Hmm let’s see what areas missing. Good condi removal? Oh wait you got that. Hmm…. Well maybe your health pool is low? Oh not that either… you got the highest healthpool ingame right next to guardian.

BTW you’re talking to a scepter/focus ele, actually i can just say… you’re talking to an ele. Tell me more about how balanced warriors are.

I’m talking to a spoiled child who likes being overpowered.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: Turtle.4130

Turtle.4130

Ok well since you wanna put it that way.

Wars have the best single target CC ingame on a shorter cooldown than any cantrip anyone can bring to the table which holds someone down for their insanely high burst (also one of the most hardest hitting burst ingame)

oh but do you have to sacrifice anything to still have all of this happen? No of course not. You can be a very tanky warrior and still do INSANELY high damage with this copy and paste process.

You have arguably the most powerful slot 6 heal ingame (complimented by your heavy armor, blocking capability, high mobility and high single target CC -unless you use a hammer in which case high aoe CC-)

Oh but surely since you have all of this….. your mobility must be low or at least average. oh wait of course not you got the best mobility ingame out of any profession at any given state in all of gw2. An olympic track runner who hits like a train and heals for 393+ hp every second.

Hmm let’s see what areas missing. Good condi removal? Oh wait you got that. Hmm…. Well maybe your health pool is low? Oh not that either… you got the highest healthpool ingame right next to guardian.

BTW you’re talking to a scepter/focus ele, actually i can just say… you’re talking to an ele. Tell me more about how balanced warriors are.

Yes the Mace is the highest single target cc but it does no damage in and of itself. It is mainly used as a setup tool for anything because you won’t really kill anyone fast by just whacking them with a mace. Here’s another fun fact, the mace is our only mainhand weapon that comes with a hard-cc. Things like hammer come with CC too at the cost of defensive/offensive options like offhand weapons and shields. So in other words, a warrior just use half of his whole kit just to SET UP his damage combo.

I have also done this with a tanky build vs people using tanky setups and it takes a LOT of time to kill them. If someone is specced defensively, then your 100B won’t be hitting like any bomb. Maybe you should not play with a zerker set, or learn to pick your fights if you want to play zerker setup. Some fights are not meant to be won, this is determined by setups, traits, and is amplified furthermore by player skill. If you reply to this giving me some crap like “Oh I play bunker ele though and they still nuke” then I call 100% bullkitten or you’re wearing white armor.

The mobility of this build is destroyed simply with cripple/chill, they’re not blinks or i-frames, they’re abilities with a channel time and can be disrupted in between or pre-emptively. This is a no-brainer and any competent player will be ready to cast his cripple/chill the second there seems to be a possibility that the warrior will turn to run. Hell, I’m a bad ranger and even I have my cripple ready when I get these Spec-Ops Elite Warriors with Mace/Shield + GS to 40% health (Which is when they start considering running away).

Of course warriors will have good condi removal, if they didn’t they’d be kiteable jokes. You’re only saying this because you want Warriors to be the high HP target practise that they used to be before. Why do we have a high HP pool, more than guardian? Because we don’t have extremely high access to defensive buffs like Aegis/Protection/Retaliation which guardians can pull out of their pockets whenever they want. We NEED something to compensate for our lack of defensive steroids. On top of it warriors get exploded with conditions unless they build around condition removal, so much that we actually have to slot one of our utilities (Zerker Stance) so we don’t get kited like jokes or blown up by Necros/Engis with their condition nukes.

(edited by Turtle.4130)

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

redslion.9675

^

You are talking about pvp, right?

I stopped playing that kind of build because it’s mainstream now. When I played it, there were few like it and I could destroy people thinking warrs were target practice. (I also used Rune of Melandru and a bit more offensive setup with double Endure Pain, which gave me an edge against other similar warriors)
The build I ran was:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAR5ejkOFvtQqQMxBE0DNsK2iTBlQ9wOmj4A-TsAg0CnIMSZkzIjRSjsGNsYhwGCA)

At that time, recognizing the potential of the build was the thing rewarded. Now it’s not. And now that it’s something expected, I tend to apologize to the people I kill and try to find other solutions. I don’t have good reaction times or tactical awareness, so I have to create a stronger build than my enemy (I want to enforce the verb CREATE: I NEVER, ever copied a build), especially if he is of the same kinde. Someone might say this is skill too, as long as I succeed at making something that works better than others doing the same thing.

But yes, without heavy condi removal many classes could just perma cripple a warrior and running away while spamming ranged autoattack. That would NOT be a good thing if we had deathmatch. And people might be able to negate all warrior’s gap closers by strafing.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

You have no one else to blame but ANET. Stop wasting your time. Since ANET allowed it to exist, people are going to use it.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Sil.4560

Yet mace isn’t exactly a mobile weapon, so you do give up the mobility you were crying about before. Mace =/= sword. Further, it’s melee range. Another CC whiner? Learn to use Stability and stun breaks.

So you’re complaining about a combination of things? OH NO, WARRIORS HAVE VIABLE SUSTAIN NOW! This isn’t even an argument, it’s just more “HALP WARRIORS OP” crap. Seen enough of that on this forum to last a lifetime, thanks.

If you have mace CC, you aren’t as mobile as sword. If you have sword, you can’t set yourself up for GS so well, unless you’re fighting a total moron who doesn’t know how to move out of the way. The way I make a combo of sword and greatsword viable is bleeding people out and using mobility as a defense (WvW). Not seeing a problem because it hardly “hits like a train”.

Our actual condition removal is questionable in places like WvW. Either you trait to warhorn, which requires that investment, or you’re running Signet (once, on a meh cooldown) or a shout (one condition), or you’re running Cleansing Ire, which often requires you actually hit your enemy with a burst attack. In melee range.

So let Anet bring eles back in line. This isn’t a warrior problem.

You’re crying because you’re apparently a terrible player who misses the days when they could faceroll warriors without a thought. BAAAWWW. I’m inclined to agree with the others in this thread – you don’t say anything worth reading.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Just for precision’s sake, engineer’s Healing Turret and Medkit have a higher hps. I don’t know about other skills.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

Or maybe you can tell me what it feels like to continuously regenerate 393+ hp per second while you spam stuns and bombard your enemy with some of the highest single target burst ingame?

why is this on the warriors forum? it honestly belongs in the thief forum and you know it.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

So it would appear we have in fact brought about the new meta after all ….

Whine on the forums so I don’t have to change my build to counter something.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Senjun.8149

1.Yet mace isn’t exactly a mobile weapon, so you do give up the mobility you were crying about before. Mace =/= sword. Further, it’s melee range. Another CC whiner? Learn to use Stability and stun breaks.

Hmm well lets see i got 1 stability on a 90 second cd, lasts 6 seconds and only two good stunbreakers, one a 40 sec cd and the other on a 75 sec cd. If I use all of those in my build i sacrifice very essential utilities and i will be even more useless against a war with healing signet. Tell me again whats the cd on your stun? Yeah. Think about it.

2.So you’re complaining about a combination of things? OH NO, WARRIORS HAVE VIABLE SUSTAIN NOW! This isn’t even an argument, it’s just more “HALP WARRIORS OP” crap. Seen enough of that on this forum to last a lifetime, thanks.

Yeah you’ve seen alot of it for a kitten good reason to, if anet was smart they would look at the statistics and their jaws would drop to the floor on how many people would vote for a warrior nerf right now.

3.If you have mace CC, you aren’t as mobile as sword. If you have sword, you can’t set yourself up for GS so well, unless you’re fighting a total moron who doesn’t know how to move out of the way. The way I make a combo of sword and greatsword viable is bleeding people out and using mobility as a defense (WvW). Not seeing a problem because it hardly “hits like a train”.

Really all you need is a greatsword and you clear 2100 units in 2 seconds. And you can clear another 900 on top of that 10 seconds later. (with evade of course so you can’t be CC’d!)

4.Our actual condition removal is questionable in places like WvW. Either you trait to warhorn, which requires that investment, or you’re running Signet (once, on a meh cooldown) or a shout (one condition), or you’re running Cleansing Ire, which often requires you actually hit your enemy with a burst attack. In melee range.

I wouldn’t have a problem with the really good cleansing wars have if it wasn’t for healing signet healing so much. As an ele i don’t even have poison as an option to begin with.

5.So let Anet bring eles back in line. This isn’t a warrior problem.
You’re crying because you’re apparently a terrible player who misses the days when they could faceroll warriors without a thought. BAAAWWW. I’m inclined to agree with the others in this thread – you don’t say anything worth reading.

So you admit anet needs to bring eles back in line but then call me a terrible player, make no sense much? Actually i wipe the floor with most people as a scepter focus ele, something you rarely see running around and for good reason. I’m a player who looks for a challenge but when it comes to wars who wanna be pampered children and run meta build then its not even a challenge. It’s just impossible.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Senjun.8149

You have no one else to blame but ANET. Stop wasting your time. Since ANET allowed it to exist, people are going to use it.

I definately don’t blame the players who use it, go ahead have fun being overpowered while it lasts.

But i do have a problem with players who try to defend it. When bunker eles were overpowered i personally didn’t play one and i always agreed that they needed a nerf. Some people are just so pathetic to try to cling on to it for as long as they can.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Nikkinella.8254

I definately don’t blame the players who use it, go ahead have fun being overpowered while it lasts.

But i do have a problem with players who try to defend it. When bunker eles were overpowered i personally didn’t play one and i always agreed that they needed a nerf. Some people are just so pathetic to try to cling on to it for as long as they can.

Bunker eles were never overpowered though. Couldn’t kill anything at all, just kite forever and not die, which is what a bunker is supposed to do. Warrior bunker on the other hand also never dies, can kite forever with insane mobility that’s even better than pre nerf ele, and can do sickening levels of damage with conditions that can burst people down faster than some power builds.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Sil.4560

Hmm well lets see i got 1 stability on a 90 second cd, lasts 6 seconds and only two good stunbreakers, one a 40 sec cd and the other on a 75 sec cd. If I use all of those in my build i sacrifice very essential utilities and i will be even more useless against a war with healing signet. Tell me again whats the cd on your stun? Yeah. Think about it.

Guess you better work on controlling distance and evading. Not my problem. Get better. I have zero issues dancing in an out of melee range when I want to avoid attacks. Guess it comes from months of maining a warrior.

Yeah you’ve seen alot of it for a kitten good reason to, if anet was smart they would look at the statistics and their jaws would drop to the floor on how many people would vote for a warrior nerf right now.

The statistics for awful players would probably drop a lot of jaws too. Majority opinion means next to nothing if you’re trying to balance a game to the top tiers of skill.

Really all you need is a greatsword and you clear 2100 units in 2 seconds. And you can clear another 900 on top of that 10 seconds later. (with evade of course so you can’t be CC’d!)

Good thing cripple, chill, and interrupts all hinder Rush pretty easily. Oh, they have LG/Mel/DM? They’re trading a trait, their food, and entire rune set to do it. Non-issue. And this still doesn’t even touch on the absurdity that is thief escapes. As a warrior, at least people can see which way I go and it’s not instant. Greatsword alone is not enough to save you if the people pursuing have half a brain with any ranged attacks.

I wouldn’t have a problem with the really good cleansing wars have if it wasn’t for healing signet healing so much. As an ele i don’t even have poison as an option to begin with.

As an ele, you also have other viable roles than straight up melee. Cry some more about how warriors can finally sustain well enough to fill their role as a heavy melee class.

So you admit anet needs to bring eles back in line but then call me a terrible player, make no sense much? Actually i wipe the floor with most people as a scepter focus ele, something you rarely see running around and for good reason. I’m a player who looks for a challenge but when it comes to wars who wanna be pampered children and run meta build then its not even a challenge. It’s just impossible.

Yes, certain aspects of ele do need buffed, but that clearly doesn’t have any actual bearing on how you are as a player. They can buff eles through the roof next patch – if you’re too incompetent to manage your blinks, stun breaks, and stability, you still suck. Tough.

(edited by Sil.4560)

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Sil.4560

Oh, and let the record show that I dislike using the M+Sh/GS builds. They’re laughably predictable – if you haven’t figured out how to fight them well enough by now, nothing can help you. I have zero issues dancing in and out of melee range to downright avoid key attacks. I guess it comes from months of maining a warrior and actually needing to do these things to stay alive against tryhard guardians and anything with a weapon.

What does it feel like?

in Warrior

Senjun.8149

1.The statistics for awful players would probably drop a lot of jaws too. Majority opinion means next to nothing if you’re trying to balance a game to the top tiers of skill.

So i guess the opinion of every other profession, including the small number of wars with a sense of dignity who admit to their profession being OP which is admirable, are just all awful players?

Or maybe the 90% of wars (rough estimate) who are defending their OP builds are just… selfish? Or incredibly bad and still dying with this easy cheese build.