What i really want to see for warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: SenthRawr.7843

SenthRawr.7843

Is weapon versatility .
There are so many weapons that warrior uses but only GS is actually viable/useful.
Hammer needs fixes with faster casts and lower cooldowns plus F1 needs more damage for berserk mode.
Sword looks good on paper but is not strong enough.
Axe offhand needs total rework pretty much.
Mace main hand needs to get off condi builds and “make” you feel more tanky and give you strong counter attack options.
Riffle is meh,skill 5 needs to be replaced with jump like engineer’s one.Remove some damage from F1 and add it to skill3 or so.
I actually like longbow.
Shield needs to do more, much more.Skill 4 cd is just too long and range too short.Shield Stance(skill 5) should benefit from stances traits and give swiftness and retaliation.
Edit:what is sword offhand on warriors?

True internet warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

GS is barely viable, it needs its own fixes (Rush/slow AA).

but its not really the weapons, we need more skills to use, Fast hands issue should be addressed, Physicals need a serious buf.

in Warrior

SenthRawr.7843

Fast hands, what actually fixes?You just rotate back and forth faster .This doesn’t actually fix anything.The problems with the weapons remain.
I’m tired with this endless “fast hands baseline”.
I would prefer having weapons fixed rather than this.

True internet warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Is weapon versatility .
There are so many weapons that warrior uses but only GS is actually viable/useful.
Hammer needs fixes with faster casts and lower cooldowns plus F1 needs more damage for berserk mode.
Mace main hand needs to get off condi builds and “make” you feel more tanky and give you strong counter attack options.
Riffle is meh,skill 5 needs to be replaced with jump like engineer’s one.Remove some damage from F1 and add it to skill3 or so.
I actually like longbow.
Shield needs to do more, much more.Skill 4 cd is just too long and range too short.Shield Stance(skill 5) should benefit from stances traits and give swiftness and retaliation.

Hmm, I agree that some warrior weapons could use some help, but I don’t think that’s really a main issue for warriors right now.. Warrior weapon skills are pretty by in large pretty solid, but warrior sustain and utility compared to current meta classes is really what holds the profession back. Some smart nerfs to classes that are both super tough to kill while also high damage would go a long way to make warriors, who are not as tough to kill, but potentially very high damage, viable.

While there are some weak weapons, that’s the case for all professions (Ranger axe offhand, shield offhand on engi, ele scepter, etc.).

My 2 cents on the weapons:
Hammer – This weapon does need some help, but I think a longer duration to the CC from the primal burst would mean more than additional damage. I mean, it does equal damage to the non-zerk version (and will do more with berserk mode modifiers), which can’t be said for other burst skills.
Sword – It’s a solid weapon that not only deals significant condi damage, but also gives good mobility to condi builds. Condi builds have problems, but it’s not from sword.
Axe offhand – Agreed it sucks, but I don’t think it needs a full rework. Whirl finishers need a rework, but even without that, an added reflect or even just a damage increase could go a long way here.
Mace mainhand and offhand Mace just all around is in an awkward spot where it’s just redundant with hammer. Putting condis on this weapon in theory open up the potential for a cc-heavy condi build, but again, there are other problems plaguing condi.
Rifle This weapon is carried by the burst, but I think that a bit more damage on it’s normal attacks could really help. As it stands, longbow just outshines rifle in everything except for burst in PvP, even with a power build. Rifle should stand out as the single-target power dps option, but right now it just doesn’t. A cast time reduction on the AA or a reduced cast on Volley (bringing it in line with Rapid Fire on Rangers) could make a big difference here.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Fast hands, what actually fixes?You just rotate back and forth faster .This doesn’t actually fix anything.The problems with the weapons remain.

It frees warrior a bit from DISC, although i would still use it unless Warrior sprint becomes baseline too.

Weapons in general are fine.

in Warrior

SenthRawr.7843

It frees warrior a bit from DISC, although i would still use it unless Warrior sprint becomes baseline too.

Weapons in general are fine.

Then when Fast hands becomes baseline you will run Mace main hand axe offhand and riffle ?

True internet warrior

in Warrior

SenthRawr.7843

Is weapon versatility .
I actually like longbow.

Hmm, I agree that some warrior weapons could use some help, but I don’t think that’s really a main issue for warriors right now.. Warrior weapon skills are pretty by in large pretty solid, but warrior sustain and utility compared to current meta classes is really what holds the profession back. Some smart nerfs to classes that are both super tough to kill while also high damage would go a long way to make warriors, who are not as tough to kill, but potentially very high damage, viable.

While there are some weak weapons, that’s the case for all professions (Ranger axe offhand, shield offhand on engi, ele scepter, etc.).

My 2 cents on the weapons:
Hammer – This weapon does need some help, but I think a longer duration to the CC from the primal burst would mean more than additional damage. I mean, it does equal damage to the non-zerk version (and will do more with berserk mode modifiers), which can’t be said for other burst skills.
Sword – It’s a solid weapon that not only deals significant condi damage, but also gives good mobility to condi builds. Condi builds have problems, but it’s not from sword.
Axe offhand – Agreed it sucks, but I don’t think it needs a full rework. Whirl finishers need a rework, but even without that, an added reflect or even just a damage increase could go a long way here.
Mace mainhand and offhand Mace just all around is in an awkward spot where it’s just redundant with hammer. Putting condis on this weapon in theory open up the potential for a cc-heavy condi build, but again, there are other problems plaguing condi.
Rifle This weapon is carried by the burst, but I think that a bit more damage on it’s normal attacks could really help. As it stands, longbow just outshines rifle in everything except for burst in PvP, even with a power build. Rifle should stand out as the single-target power dps option, but right now it just doesn’t. A cast time reduction on the AA or a reduced cast on Volley (bringing it in line with Rapid Fire on Rangers) could make a big difference here.

Axe 5 deals half damage in pvp btw.

True internet warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Tristan.5280

Tristan.5280

Traits:
- Make baseline both Fast hands and warrior sprint
- Make baseline all the cooldowns of weapons

Weapons:
- Increase AA dmg and speed of all weapons.
- Axe #2 should be an evade leap
- Sword #2 should be an evade
- Fix GS#5 and GS#3 (i feel lame since the patch pre-HoT)
- Make Hammer #2 = GS #3 or #5 fixed
- Make Axe #5 reflect Projectiles, but with a longer cooldown
- Make Axe #4 useful. (maybe an evade leap?)

Too many evades? Still less then a Revenant…

in Warrior

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

Axe 5 deals half damage in pvp btw.

It does 50% more damage in pvp.