What is Standard Zerker build ATM?

in Warrior

Posted by: Shinya.2598

Shinya.2598

Hi everyone!

What is the Standard berserker build right now?

Greatsword/???
Sigils?
Armor stats?
Runes?
Utilities?
Traits?

(If anyone’s got a Nice PVE hammer build, I’d love to see that too.)

Thanx!

in Warrior

Posted by: Arenzo.3298

Arenzo.3298

Standard^
but after the feature patch you might wanna check his channel again because with the adrenaline change the build could possably change

in Warrior

Posted by: Carter.1034

Carter.1034

I’m linking DnT’s website here, because their builds are the standard zerker PvE builds. gw2skills.net is down for the next few days unfortunately, but all the build details are on the page as well. There’s also number calculations as well.

http://dtguilds.com/forum/m/6563292/viewthread/12497977-dnt-warrior-build-41514

The Empowered allies build is for if you’re the only warrior, and then 6/5/0/0/3 gs+a/m is if you’re not the only warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

What Carter.1034 said above is good, but about EA builds…

Don’t run empowered allies unless your group is FGSing bosses in a 5-man record attempt. FGS is getting neutered, so there will be no reason to run EA anymore.

There is no other reason to run empowered allies aside from the above mentioned. Not using fast hands hinders your capacity to maintain a proper rotation in any encounter that isn’t faceroll (example: like the berserker abomination in Arah P2). If you aren’t using fast hands, you’re likely to be camping GS, which in actual practice is pretty underwhelming unless the boss(es) die fast.

You will be much better off sticking with 65003.

in Warrior

Posted by: Miaire.5468

Miaire.5468

Is that caveat for EA builds apply to Phalanx Strength builds when pugging?

If my group is not might stacking, my go to build is Phalanx Strength (if there is another warrior and EA is not present).

I run the Phalanx Strength build with Fast Hands (0/5/0/6/3)
Unless I’m being lazy and I’ll just camp GS (0/6/0/6/2 or 4/4/0/6/0 [?])

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

I discourage phalanx strength because of how massive of a loss the warrior has to make for it. Not only is it a huge personal DPS loss, but a single ele is capable of providing might that lasts longer without loss in damage and can provide fury. Just as many others will say that it’s wise to take at a warrior for all dungeons, it’s wise to take at least one ele as well, if not more important.

If you can’t get an ele when pugging, chances are it’s going to be a sluggish pug anyways. The way I see it is if you feel that you’d have to resort to PS, just… leave. Either that, or you would be better off running with a 65003 build and being self-reliant. Afterall, you don’t necessarily know if the people in your group are using toughness/vitality/healing power attributes in their gear or bizarre traits; you have no way of knowing for sure whether or not you’re sacrificing all of your own DPS for a good cause. If they don’t dodge/don’t block and die and you’re left alone or with 1 other, then what?

Because of that, that’s why I don’t consider EA ever worth taking as I’ll never under any condition bring PS, so I won’t have trait points on the tactics line.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

in Warrior

Posted by: Miaire.5468

Miaire.5468

Thanks for the insight!

I’ve always thought that regardless however other players in the group are built, EA and might are straight damage boosts. But yeah, all those damage are wasted with low multipliers/vuln, bad rotations, dying, etc.

Unfortunately, I can’t play elementalist as good as my warrior but I suppose that just means I need to play more.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

No problem and I can understand why you might have felt that way, but just for reinforcement here are the things a warrior has to sacrifice when going 05063…

-loss of 300 power
-loss of reckless dodge
-loss of a 5% damage modifier with axe/sword (dual wielding)
-loss of a 10% damage modifier (slashing power)
-loss of a 3% damage modifier when endurance isn’t full (stick and move)
-loss of a 15% damage modifier (berserker’s power)

That’s quite a huge loss… if you used great fortitude instead of dual wielding, you lost 300 power and over 25% damage. I’m not entirely sure off the top of my head what the power’s exact impact on the damage modifier would be, but just the 25% damage loss results in 7500 being taken away from a 30k 100b.

The overall difference can be considered: any 100b chain that you’d have hit 30k for, you’d be hitting under 20k for instead.

:S

So, yeah. It’d be worth learning to play ele. I find that it’s actually a hell of a lot more interesting to play on an ele in group content than warrior anyways— warrior is more fun for soloing.