What runes to use with this build?

in Warrior

Posted by: InfernoHero.5687

InfernoHero.5687

I’ve built a pretty fun build that gives me and my allies might everytime I block, but I can’t quite figure out what runes I’d like to use. It seems like Holbrak would be fun, but I want some more opinions.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJMQNAneTjMdU5ZnHOewJagrgCdAc4JgqdI9IsBrOA-T1RBwAp03YU5HoTpAO1fkoEEwTKgt5PA-w

in Warrior

Posted by: RealCheesus.8563

RealCheesus.8563

You probably won’t be able to use might on block very effectively.
If you want to share might with your allies, you would be better of with a build based on “Phalanx Strength” in combination with “Forceful Greatsword”, instead of going deep into the defense tree.
I don’t know how up-to-date this is, but it should give you a general idea about how the build works.
Edit: I am speaking about PvE content atm, if you are talking about WvW, I have no idea

(edited by RealCheesus.8563)

in Warrior

InfernoHero.5687

You probably won’t be able to use might on block very effectively.
If you want to share might with your allies, you would be better of with a build based on “Phalanx Strength” in combination with “Forceful Greatsword”, instead of going deep into the defense tree.
I don’t know how up-to-date this is, but it should give you a general idea about how the build works.
Edit: I am speaking about PvE content atm, if you are talking about WvW, I have no idea

Can you suggest a better build for Axe/Shield/Longbow? Changing my gear is out of the question as I mostly do world bosses and soldier’s gear is best for them as they cannot be critically hit.

in Warrior

Posted by: RealCheesus.8563

RealCheesus.8563

Well, if you do mostly world bosses, you probably won’t need the block anyways. If you want to play Axe mainhand, I would suggest to take Sword offhand, since skill 5 is a block as good as the shield one as long as you aren’t in melee range and skill 4 hits quite hard or Mace for great vulnerability (though most bosses have permanent 25 stacks) and an interrupt+high damage.
You should consider using banners to support your allies instead of PS, since it syngerizes best with Forceful Greatsword and crit.
To be honest, most bosses get zerged down so fast anyways that it actually doesn’t really matter if you use something else except autoattack.

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I don’t understand why you would be doing world bosses with 0 in the Strength line.

I also don’t understand why you would be using the Phalanx Strength trait when you have only one blast finisher and aren’t using Forceful Greatsword… not even using Signet Mastery. You have almost as little access to might as a warrior can get with this setup.

Shield is also rarely useful in PvE, let alone world bosses.

Longbow is fine to use in all game modes but if you’re interested in using axe you should pick a relevant offhand like mace or sword, and you should certainly be using the Strength + Arms traitlines.

If you’re interested in supporting allies, warrior does a far better job at offensive rather than defensive support. Take banners. Take ‘For Great Justice’, Banner of Strength, and whatever you’d like for the last slot.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

in Warrior

InfernoHero.5687

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

A build for world boss is pretty weird. I don’t judge, it’s just that is unusual so the expertise of the community on that is probably pretty low.

But lets see. I would change Burst Precision for Beserker power and wouldn’t use your Burst skill. That would boost your dmg significantly.

Why do you use the dolyak signet? You already have enough defensive stats with soldier gear. You would be better with signet of might, for great justice or if you need a stability, balanced stance.

For the runes, I would think superior rune of the flames legion or scholar. You wouldn’t have any use of the + burn duration, or the ferocity out of these runes. But Flames legion will give you 7% all the time (on world boss all condition are there all the time) and the rune of scholar would give you 10% if you can stay at 90%. Flames legion is cheaper, maybe it would be better for you.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Warrior

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Flame legion is probably the cheapest choice. Similarly you might wanna switch the 2 pts from Discipline to Defense and take Cull the Weak.

I’m really not sure why changing weapons is off the table. At the least you should drop the Shield and take Mace or Sword to make use of Dual Wielding. Mace for more Vuln stacking or Sword for the block.

Something like this maybe. Signet of Might can be swapped for FGJ if your group is short on Might stacks. Battle Standard for rezzing downed groups. Signet of Rage is largely wasted if your group has adequate Might. Fury is of no use as is Swiftness for the most part. Like I said if you’re group is short on Might, then by all means take FGJ and SoR.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJMQNAnZTjMd05Z3H2dQHaggAB1MzkittenIdwjVB-TBSBwAGV+hT9nb7PkSfDoTpgElgsN/B4JFAA-e