What's Going On w/ Warriors?

in Warrior

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

~snip~

Well, it proves that majority of forum warriors are just Meta wannabe.
If there is no Meta build or it’s not used in ESL = non-viable, bad, weak etc.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in Warrior

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

Trying ShoutBow or Banner Shout on them will solve your problem. If ShoutBow doesn’t work, Banner Shout must work. 100% sure since I have tested upon high level players like Apex, The Abjured, Faded, StunningStyle, Radioactive and etc. You can get those builds at my twitch link below.

Warrior is just fine, not that OP but not that weak as well, well-balanced. Anet did pretty good job on balancing.

Just nerfing current OP-est meta like druid and dragonhunter will solve all the balance problem. This is only remaining task for Anet to conduct for balancing. If they get nerfed to normal level then berserker build will be as same as their level to use somehow.

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

(edited by online.1278)

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

warrior is not fine. everyone rerolls because it’s not viable at competitive pvp anymore.
not much room to discuss about that.

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

I’ve also experimented with Berserker during BW3. Difference between it and other elites is that it requires much higher effort. I haven’t hit the right “note” just yet build-wise on Berserker and I keep falling back to the Rampage warrior build because it felt more synchronized.

Edit: I tried Berserker with Carrion and Celestial ammy lol.

Attachments:

(edited by Pimsley.3681)

in Warrior

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

The thing is, I haven’t encountered that many Berserkers to compare them with other elites.

in Warrior

Posted by: incisorr.9502

incisorr.9502

I’ve also experimented with Berserker during BW3. Difference between it and other elites is that it requires much higher effort. I haven’t hit the right “note” just yet build-wise on Berserker and I keep falling back to the Rampage warrior build because it felt more synchronized.

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

666K? You are the devil, mister.

Clearly anet wants us to go the condi power route

in Warrior

trytonianYeti.4389

Looks like Carrion Dmg

in Warrior

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Carrion is definitely workable. You WILL need the HP to survive the onslaught of Dragonhunter, Reaper, Chronomancer etc.

in Warrior

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Anet please save our warriors. I really loved having them in my team. They made me feel safe and secure.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in Warrior

online.1278

Warrior is fine if you look other than just new berserker trait. Check below link to get working meta builds.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/PvP-WvW-Introduction-to-Meta-Builds/

Just nerfing current OP-est meta like Druid and Dragonhunter will solve all the balance problem. This is only remaining task for Anet to conduct for balancing. If they get nerfed to normal level, thus berserker triats become as same as their level, then there must be a way to utilize these new stuffs somehow. Even though those nerf was conducted but berserker trait still doesn’t work well, then that might be right time to buff berserker trait.

But this doesn’t mean that warrior is sucks or dead or unplayable. Berserker is just one of traits. Of course, it could just be that we haven’t found working one yet.

My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

(edited by online.1278)

in Warrior

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Silly question… how is Druid OP? What is OP about it specifically?

in Warrior

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

Please stop with the talk of nerfing other specializations. As a warrior, I rather they buff the Berserker than nerf others.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Please stop with the talk of nerfing other specializations. As a warrior, I rather they buff the Berserker than nerf others.

Not really.

We should get together and debate how to nerf Thief.

Because I’m sure that if we’ll nerf Thief, then Berserker will become top meta.

It always was like that.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in Warrior

Posted by: micheal.8793

micheal.8793

Warriors are so bad in PvP. Outclassed in every category.

in Warrior

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

It’s really sad seeing warriors in such a terrible state. Your chances of winning a match is reduced by the number of warriors in your team. It used to be the reverse, the more shoutbows, the better.

EU since Aug 2012

in Warrior

Posted by: micheal.8793

micheal.8793

It’s really sad seeing warriors in such a terrible state. Your chances of winning a match is reduced by the number of warriors in your team. It used to be the reverse, the more shoutbows, the better.

Very true, sad. RIP.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

Amidst all the nerfs, amulet and rune removals, no word or confirmation from anet about warrior buffs.

Anet buff warriors like you’re trying selling us HoT again.
There’s nothing elite about that Berserker spec.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in Warrior

abc.5790

Anet buff warriors like you’re trying selling us HoT again.

That was funny but then again I’m shallow.

Warriors are beginning to be like the old thieves…the more warriors in team, the worse you will do.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in Warrior

Posted by: Thunderbird.4298

Thunderbird.4298

streamed my berserker for the last 3 hours, lost every game but one with it… felt bad for the people that got qed up with me. XD

in Warrior

trytonianYeti.4389

Sorry folks, since there are no warriors in the Abjured line-up, it’s gonna get neglected proper. If Abjured isn’t happy with an amulet or rune, it’s gonna get banished in record time.

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

Basically every profession got new specialization that made their class stronger and different. But warriors didn’t get anything new. When warriors go berserk, the burst skills are exactly the same but becomes a weaker version of it. Take, the Hammer burst for example, regular burst gives aoe 2 second stun, a berserk burst gives 1 sec immobilize. Would u choose 1 sec of immobilize over 2 seconds of stun? Seriously, that’s what warriors got. Not to mention warriors need key trait lines to be viable, so warriors can’t afford to give up any other trait lines to take berserker. So warriors have a huge problem and that’s why Berserker has zero showtime in professional scene. In fact, I am hearing some teams are asking their warriors to reroll to another profession. It’s a sad state for warriors in pvp at the moment.

this

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

Silly question… how is Druid OP? What is OP about it specifically?

For conquest druids are very strong atm as they can hold a node and survive 1v2 for a super long period of time and depending on what class it is forever…. meaning they can solo hold a node from being capped. Pure druid supports damage isnt great but its ability to never die is god tier.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

I tried out berserker a few games. Maybe I need to do more or I just faced baddies but I was ripping people up. I don’t see it as UP.

I am at loss for words….

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in Warrior

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Even before the release of HoT, playing warrior was painful against blind spammers/stealth spamming classes. GS/Hammer attacks are slow, so blind spam also nullifies a power warrior (I hate playing Condi) and are so telegraphed that everyone and their mother can see it coming.

The adrenaline nerf (depleting immediately after being out of combat and depleting even after missing/getting blocked) really nerfed the warriors into the ground while thieves have multiple chances at landing a backstab from stealth without getting revealed, mesmers can lock down from stealth and they get away with it. Talk about balance hmmmm

With the new elite specs, sorry to say but warriors are just free bags for classes like guardian (DH), ele (d/d), mesmer (all variants, almost impossible to kill), etc.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in Warrior

Posted by: Lavexis.5360

Lavexis.5360

not sure why you guys complaints..sure berserker spec is underpowered, but a regular gs/axe shield warrior can stomp dragon hunter and reapers without using rampage.

endure pain alone can counter dragon hunter pretty hard.

and if you use rampage then it should be ez stomp for you.. all these complaints make me wonder if you guys even play warrior at all.

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

not sure why you guys complaints..sure berserker spec is underpowered, but a regular gs/axe shield warrior can stomp dragon hunter and reapers without using rampage.

and if you use rampage then it should be ez stomp for you.. all these complaints make me wonder if you guys even play warrior at all.

Clearly, you don’t play warrior at all.

let me sort out your fail logic

Endure pain counter DH= (Berserker can have Endure pain )= Berserker Counter DH
and then you say Berserker is UP..idk what your post is about tbh..

in Warrior

Posted by: rennlc.7346

rennlc.7346

Becoming good at duels absolutely makes you a better 5v5 player. It just doesn’t make you automatically better, nor does it completely replace the learning curve for 5v5. For 5v5 with playing time being relatively equal, the hierarchy for skill would generally unfold like this: Guy who duels and plays 5v5 > 5v5 only player > Duel only player.

in Warrior

online.1278

Actually berserker warrior is quite good With perma stability (this is actually op against some classes) + wide range of primal burst + primal burst spam.

Only thing that makes it so bad is rampage. Because no matter how strong berserker build is, it will get rekt by rampage.

And in team fight rampage mode is rather helpful than berserker mode.

This is what makes people not choosing berserker but rampage.

I think anet wouldn’t do a single thing for berserker, but they will rather nerf new stuffs of other classes to balance.

There is like pros and cons, if you don’t use rampage, berserker mode will be better. Otherwise rampage warrior is better.

I dont think anet would rip rampage to make berserker viable instead. Lol

The best way to buff berserker warrior is,
change rampage from physical to transform skill, and replace one of grandmaster trait of berserker line with new trait that decrease CD time of rampage.

Why grandmaster?
Becuz of stability issue. Perma stability while in both rampage and berserker mode is absolutely OP.

Of course in this case they have to buff shout heal and banner regen heal plus other supports buff tho. Becuz only zerker type get too much buffed by having both rampage + zerker modes.

(edited by online.1278)

in Warrior

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

I’ve only really found Berseker useful with this condi build so far:
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Tanky_Condi_Berserker

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in Warrior

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Hugh’s been getting wrecked on his warrior in spvp, so expect some big buffs in the near future.

on a more serious note, it’s a little bit sad seeing extremely skilled warriors from June 23rd meta being more or less useless now.

in Warrior

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Yes mace conditions is the only broken thing about Berserker at the moment but I’ve only seen 1 person do it.

in Warrior

Lavexis.5360

you are kittened..

just use endure pain and tank the traps and then press rampage ..problem solved you just beat DH

what so hard about that

berserker spec being underpowered is a whole another story, but telling people that warriors cant beat the new spec is just plain stupid.

update: if you want to disrespect the dh, you can try go berserker power build with that crit trait and use berserk then go rampage.

(edited by Lavexis.5360)

in Warrior

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

you are kittened..

just use endure pain and tank the traps and then press rampage ..problem solved you just beat DH

what so hard about that

berserker spec being underpowered is a whole another story, but telling people that warriors cant beat the new spec is just plain stupid.

Endure pain lasts 4 seconds, 4 more if they take a trait, Maw lasts 6, LB5 lasts 6, that’s 4 seconds of them doing whatever they want with you afterwards and they can interrupt your block.

in Warrior

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

you are kittened..

what so hard about that

update: if you want to disrespect the dh, you can try go berserker power build with that crit trait and use berserk then go rampage.

This has little to do with DH 1v1 but more about warriors esp berserker trait needing a buff so it synergizes with the remaining traits, and weapon skills.

As of now, berserker isn’t rewarding to the player for as much effort it takes to make it function.

You cant base your argument on hotjoin or a couple low tier unranked matches vs the experience of veteran warriors (not me I’m average) on this thread

EU since Aug 2012

in Warrior

Lavexis.5360

you are kittened..

what so hard about that

This has little to do with DH 1v1 but more about warriors esp berserker trait needing a buff so it synergizes with the remaining traits, and weapon skills.

As of now, berserker isn’t rewarding to the player for as much effort it takes to make it function.

You cant base your argument on hotjoin or a couple low tier unranked matches vs the experience of veteran warriors (not me I’m average) on this thread

i don’t play hotjoin.. I play unranked, and its definitely not low mmr. Either way, even if its low mmr..it doesn’t take much to play reaper or dragon hunter.

its your problem if you don’t know when is the right time to pop endure pain, and i agree that berserker spec needed some buff, but that doesn’t mean warrior as a whole class is weak.

for warrior timing is very crucial, and if you suc at it then don’t play warrior.

Attachments:

(edited by Lavexis.5360)

in Warrior

lighter.2708

you are kittened..

what so hard about that

i don’t play hotjoin.. I play unranked, and its definitely not low mmr. Either way, even if its low mmr..it doesn’t take much to play reaper or dragon hunter.

its your problem if you don’t know when is the right time to pop endure pain, and i agree that berserker spec needed some buff, but that doesn’t mean warrior as a whole class is weak.

for warrior timing is very crucial, and if you suc at it then don’t play warrior.

that’s definitely low MMR…medium at max for being generous

in Warrior

Zalani.9827

Yes mace conditions is the only broken thing about Berserker at the moment but I’ve only seen 1 person do it.

I wouldn’t say broken considering that build is easily counterable and berserker sucks with anything else.

Dragonbrand

in Warrior

Lavexis.5360

you are kittened..

what so hard about that

just admit it that you are bad..heres another screenie of a warrior going against 2 reaper, 1 dh and 1 chronomancer (premade) yet still win the match

all of these guys are rank 80 so stop with the whole bullkitten " you go against nub crap"

l2p

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

I tried it, there was a “HOLY COW THIS IS THE MOST OP STUFF EVER” followed by the cold, harsh reality. Yes, it is a formidable amount of conditions, especially if you interrupt, IF IT ACTUALLY HIT.

-If you miss Headbutt (which is at least 8/10 of the times), you are kittened for the next 20 seconds, unless you chase around with no swiftness like an old grandpa with crutches trying to gain some adrenaline.

-You miss the RIDICULOUSLY TELEGRAPHED AND SLOW Skull Grinder, you’re kittened again.

Overall if you hit stuff, you will exceed. But personally, no matter how much attention I put into reading my opponents, the spec works 1/6 times.

A high risk, low reward spec.

But hey, what do I know, maybe I’m just bad.

in Warrior

Zalani.9827

I tried it, there was a “HOLY COW THIS IS THE MOST OP STUFF EVER” followed by the cold, harsh reality. Yes, it is a formidable amount of conditions, especially if you interrupt, IF IT ACTUALLY HIT.

-If you miss Headbutt (which is at least 8/10 of the times), you are kittened for the next 20 seconds, unless you chase around with no swiftness like an old grandpa with crutches trying to gain some adrenaline.

-You miss the RIDICULOUSLY TELEGRAPHED AND SLOW Skull Grinder, you’re kittened again.

Overall if you hit stuff, you will exceed. But personally, no matter how much attention I put into reading my opponents, the spec works 1/6 times.

A high risk, low reward spec.

But hey, what do I know, maybe I’m just bad.

Lol, I agree. But it can be fun to mess around with in hotjoin.
But if you do manage to hit it is nice against Revenants.

Dragonbrand

in Warrior

abc.5790

I invested considerable time and resources on my warrior.
Sucks that it’s now a shadow of what it used to be in pvp.

I heard they are good in pve but with 1% map completion, I juz aint got no time fo dat.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in Warrior

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

you are kittened..

what so hard about that

Out of curiosity, how can you tell?

in Warrior

Posted by: Aeryn.9813

Aeryn.9813

Fantaram – ele
I Hate Dumb Teams – nec

in Warrior

lighter.2708

you are kittened..

what so hard about that

just admit it that you are bad..heres another screenie of a warrior going against 2 reaper, 1 dh and 1 chronomancer (premade) yet still win the match

all of these guys are rank 80 so stop with the whole bullkitten " you go against nub crap"

l2p

what…what makes a rank 80 automatically a top MMR..
now rank 80 is so easy…if there were unlimited ranks, i would already be like 500 rank…

any way, im up for duels anytime since you called it

you are kittened..

what so hard about that

the player base in this game is so small, if you’ve been on high MMR long enough you would know by simply looking at the players..

and saying people who are rank 80 = good, he really knows nothing better lol…

(edited by lighter.2708)

in Warrior

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

you are kittened..

what so hard about that

l2p

now rank 80 is so easy…if there were unlimited ranks, i would already be like 500 rank…

any way, im up for duels anytime since you called me noob

you are kittened..

what so hard about that

the player base in this game is so small, if you’ve been on high MMR long enough you would know by simply looking at the players..

I guess I’ve just outed myself as low MMR then :’(

in Warrior

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I guess they will have to do something. There are warrior thread everywhere.

Heiann – NSP

in Warrior

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

you are kittened..

what so hard about that

DH will never lose to a warrior 1v1. Im willing to bet my entire fortune against anyone who claims otherwise.

Lighter is probably a better warrior than you too.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thunderbird.4298

Thunderbird.4298

Not to be that guy but I can absolutely take dh’s in a duel warrior, it took many hours of dueling and understanding. I can win over 50 percent of the time no matter what build they play. If anyone questions this wisp me in game I’d love to show u. Notice through I did say warrior, berserker doesn’t stand a chance unless I’m running rifle.

in Warrior

Lavexis.5360

you are kittened..

what so hard about that

l2p

any way, im up for duels anytime since you called it

you are kittened..

what so hard about that

this argument is really bad.. show me who your queueing against, and i bet you that they are low mmr too. I queued against professional players before, so in the end it really doesn’t matter.

and this game doesn’t have low population, if this game has low population then i should know you by now..but i don’t, so your argument is stupid.