What's more viable? GS or Dual Sword ?

in Warrior

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

For a power build, you guys think Dual Sword can be more effective because of Final Thurst?

Whats are your thoughts?

in Warrior

Posted by: Highchu.3806

Highchu.3806

Greatsword all the way. The only time you really see Dual Swords is in condition builds for (WvW/PvP), outside of that using mainhand sword it pretty weak. I have heard of Dual Sword power builds, but I highly doubt it can compare with the Greatsword.

in Warrior

pupi.2465

Yeah Highchu, i’ve been trying, in spvp works on some situations, (talking about duel) where you can land Final Thrust and decide a fight with ease, although, to accomplish that is a very harder task then landing immo and make the enemy eat the 100b.

The strenghs in these weapons in my playstyle is making my doubt at the choice, they are:

GS: Mobility, Evade and Hit with Whirlwind (i use this a LOT stragegically) and 100b. (Works against the majority classes).

Sword: Leap, Decent dmg with AA, and an “Execute” when enemy is below 50-25% hp.
(Works really well against Thieves, who annoys me to death (literally) ).

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Why not use both?

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Warrior

Posted by: Daniel Warren.4968

Daniel Warren.4968

Mainhand sword / whatever and GS is a fantastic combination. You have access to immobilizes, bleeds, cripples, vulnerability, might (traited) and fury, not to mention the mobility. I wouldn’t recommend an offhand sword unless you have the condition damage to make the torment / bleeds worthwhile. If you’re stacked for raw damage, consider an offhand axe.

in Warrior

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

Mainhand sword is great for mobility, but poopy for damage or control. The immoblize is underwhelming compared to other burst skills and final thrust is easy to avoid AND will only matter when the oponent is <50% (which wont even kill him). GS Hammer is nice, and GS Mace can work in wvw aswell, although I would consider that build as more of a gimmick (all for wvw of course).

RIP game 2012-2014

in Warrior

Daniel Warren.4968

I’d say the frequent condition application is a form of control. The constant bleeds, cripples and immobilizes will pressure most non-warriors to cleanse sooner rather than later. I’d also say any sort of CC weapon in WvW isn’t as useful outside a zerg, since everybody (who can manage) is packing stunbreakers, blocks or stability. Also, hammer and mace are slower than molasses rolling uphill.

in Warrior

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

Why would I cleanse off bleeds that basically deal no damage? You have close to no condtion duration in a power build (which is what the OP asked for).
If you are looking at roaming, you’ll probably see most decent builds running heavy condtion reduction (food, runes, traits), which makes immobilize a rather poor choice as a “setup” for any follow up burst, unless again, you go for a conditon build with a decent amount of condition duration yourself.
Also most non-warrior classes don’t have that much reasonable access to stability. And that’s what you’ll need against hammer chains.
And yes, as I’ve stated, sword is great for mobility. It’s also great in condition builds (though we don’t have much of a choice there). But it performs rather underwhelming in power builds.

RIP game 2012-2014

in Warrior

Daniel Warren.4968

In a pure power build, 6 in Strength, you have 30% condition duration. That’s ten seconds of bleed on normal AA. If you’re also traited in Arms, you’ll have at most 300 condition damage. Paired with Forceful Greatsword / Sigil of Strength, your condition damage will amplify as you gain Might. Maybe not condi build levels, but enough to reduce the effect of, say, Heal Signet. Also, you get 10% extra damage from Attack of Opportunity.

For roaming yes, sword isn’t as good. For zerging, the AA cripple, leap and immobilize are more useful for dealing with multiple people than a single eviscerate.

Only the best hammer warriors are able to attack without telegraphing. Sword is at least faster on cast.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Well, its debatable on solo content but in group content, dual swords is a big no no. Bleed is a very common condition, and other people will overwrite your buffed up bleeds with their weaksauce bleeds. Don’t know why this isn’t addressed yet.

in Warrior

pupi.2465

Very good points here… Thanks ppl

Why not use both?

I Can’t drop LB for another option, i feel like “naked” … :/ thats why i dont use both, so im deciding if is Dual Swords or GS.

(edited by pupi.2465)

in Warrior

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Balanced Build in WvW

1:28 into the video, i use GS & S/S.

what you have to understand with final thrust, is that is 1) slow and 2) hard to hit with because it is slow! you will see me hit for just under 5k with it on the warrior im fighting. I have hit upwards of 13k on some final thrusts on med armor/ light armor.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Warrior

Assassin X.8573

I’d say the frequent condition application is a form of control. The constant bleeds, cripples and immobilizes will pressure most non-warriors to cleanse sooner rather than later. I’d also say any sort of CC weapon in WvW isn’t as useful outside a zerg, since everybody (who can manage) is packing stunbreakers, blocks or stability. Also, hammer and mace are slower than molasses rolling uphill.

conditions are more of constant pressure rather than control

Videos on Youtube

in Warrior

pupi.2465

Interesting, Celestial on everything, is it really better than Zerker/Knight or Soldier for Power Build?

Also, you sure that build is updated? in the video your bow hits Sigil of Fire, and in the link build its showing Accuracy and Perception.

in Warrior

Assassin X.8573

Interesting, Celestial on everything, is it really better than Zerker/Knight or Soldier for Power Build?

Also, you sure that build is updated? in the video your bow hits Sigil of Fire, and in the link build its showing Accuracy and Perception.

the build is up to date, i switched my bow over recently to sigil of blood, but it did have fire sigil on it during those videos. but gs and sword have sigils of blood.

the sigils are negligent, you can use whatever you like the best. Life stealing only triggers IF you have less than 100% hp. if you crit with life stealing at 100% hp it does nothing.

Videos on Youtube

(edited by Assassin X.8573)

in Warrior

pupi.2465

the build is up to date, i switched my bow over recently to sigil of blood, but it did have fire sigil on it during those videos. but gs and sword have sigils of blood.

the sigils are negligent, you can use whatever you like the best. Life stealing only triggers IF you have less than 100% hp. if you crit with life stealing at 100% hp it does nothing.

I see, and about the Celestial in gear? you think its better than Zerk, Soldier and Knight ?

in Warrior

Assassin X.8573

I see, and about the Celestial in gear? you think its better than Zerk, Soldier and Knight ?

I have found that for my play style and what i wanted to acheive with my warrior is that celestial works best for me. I used max/min before celestial was out. With knights armor and zerk/precision knights/cavalier. I vould get you that version whem i get home if you would like (currently at work).

The difference is the vitality only since none of those provide it as a stat.

But for more information on my build see this thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Balanced-Build-for-WvW-sPvP-by-Assassin-X

Videos on Youtube

in Warrior

pupi.2465

I see, thank you Assassin X, i have tested Celestial in Spvp, gonna craft it to test on wvw.

in Warrior

Assassin X.8573

I see, thank you Assassin X, i have tested Celestial in Spvp, gonna craft it to test on wvw.

In spvp i use berserk amulet and traveler runes. I did not feel that celestial was as strong in spvp compared to berserk

Videos on Youtube

in Warrior

Assassin X.8573

This is what i used to run before Celestial came out.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJEQJARTj8cUGaXIWhwJagegC7uHDmDgDIC0dHA-TFCEwAMVeIVJGM1fsv/gedBIeCAAOEAbVCGAABghezduzbezCBMaBA-w

as you can see about 10k less hp lol, but power tough crit and ferocity are similar

Videos on Youtube