What's the problem with warriors?

in Warrior

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

Been playing 3 days so far, have not had nearly as many problems as the amount of QQ’s on this board have led me to believe I should have had. Playing the skull cracking 100 blades smashing build. Been fun so far.

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

in Warrior

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Are you doing hotjoin and owning bads?

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Warrior

galandor.1059

I started out in hotjoins, and was owning bads so laughably bad that I went to tourneys. The comp is way up, but I still am doing just fine, holding my own, I win more than I lose. I mean obviously the class has it’s inherent weaknesses. Necromancers atm are a bit to much for my current skill level on the warrior but with time hopefully I will get better. HGH Engi’s if well played are the same, but if an HGH engi messes up they are toast. Overall been having quite the time lawlzing people with my warrior. The real key to the class that I am seeing is the ability to pick and choose when you want to get into the midst of the fight. If I run in guns blazing ima fall over and die, but if I float around the outside of a teamfight, spot a necromancer unawares, rush over, shield bash, he pops stun, skullcrack, 100blades into the ground, kill, and pull back out and wait for my opportunity again, then I find the class to be very useful. By far the most lawlzy moment I had was against a guardian and a thief, I downed the guardian and got the thief to half health, for some reason thief didn’t stealth up to try to stomp, hit my knockdown on him, hit vengeance, hit frenzy, 100 blades him into the ground, stomp, run over, frenzy still up, quick stomp guardian, lulz, profit, win. I see the flaws the warrior has don’t get me wrong, but I don’t feel as they are as glaring as people make them out to be. The burst build for instance I am running has 1350 toughness, and 21k health, pretty nice for a glass cannon :P People say the class has no use in tPVP, I completely disagree. I feel they can be used extremely well if you coordinate their attacks with another, not only that but their mobility is huge in that they can move between points at a rapid pace to help the bunkers defend those points.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

The complaint is that anything that can be done with a warrior can be done better with another class. Also, tPvP solo queue isn’t much better than hotjoin. You may occasionally run into other skilled players (just like you occasionally do in hotjoin) but it is few and far between.

in Warrior

galandor.1059

heh well then I guess I am sol in terms of finding skilled players and will just kill what I find

in Warrior

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Just don’t come back here to complain because we’ll give you a big fat i TOLD YOU SO

/Warrior Community

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

When I play warrior in soloqueue, I win most of my fights.

But my team loses most of the fights. Does this make any sense? Bad luck? Bad mates? Bad me?

Probably all of the three (even if I often see them all clutched into one point, try to take down something, even if the point is already theirs and probably only one person might be able to take it.)

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Jonwar.9205

Jonwar.9205

The situation with warriors isn’t as bad as people make it out to be. It’s not good either.

Warriors suffer from a couple things, one being a skill cliff where anybody can kill a really bad player with a warrior but a competent player is a thousand times more difficult to beat with a warrior than any other class.

The trouble with warrior 1v1 wise isn’t so much that the warrior can’t win 1v1. It’s the amount of mistakes that you can make vs the amount of mistakes that your opponent can make. You are more limited in your ability to disengage and your skills are on a much higher cooldown. This leads to a sort of “all or nothing” type situation for warriors. You can, despite what people say, build pretty decently for 1v1’s with a warrior, but you will find yourself without a role in a team if you do that (fortunately you’ll find that most people in a premade team are also going to build for teamfights, don’t feel bad if you have to run back to your bunker from a 1v1 build as he’ll most likely contribute far less to the fight on a point than you will).

In teamfights you can bring damage and deny rez. The latter is probably the biggest one, downing something means nothing if they don’t stay down. The only problem here is that you are extremely dependent on your bunker once you’ve moved into melee.

Hurr Durr Blades – PvP Warrior
Jangeol – WvW Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

When I play warrior in soloqueue, I win most of my fights.

But my team loses most of the fights. Does this make any sense? Bad luck? Bad mates? Bad me?

Probably all of the three (even if I often see them all clutched into one point, try to take down something, even if the point is already theirs and probably only one person might be able to take it.)

You’re probably fighting over the wrong things. Taking and holding points are what win the game. In an ideal world warrior would be great at pressuring points and forcing teams to respond 1v2 to deal with a good warrior, and then holding the point until a good bunker can relieve the warrior and allow it to continue roaming or meet up with another teammate to pressure another point.

In reality, equal-skill warrior versus bunker anything and warrior loses almost 100% of the time, or takes so long to kill the bunker that enemy help arrives to push off the warrior. Because of poor damage mitigation, the warrior is also awful at holding points

The main issue with warrior is the lack of a broad or important enough niche in spvp to warrant including it on a team. Other classes can pressure points or roam between points better than war can.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Or a way to be useful without a team built around him.

I mean… I can even hold the point, but then the enemy arrives, no friendly bunkers in sight, I gotta retreat. Pretty sad

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

galandor.1059

The situation with warriors isn’t as bad as people make it out to be. It’s not good either.

Warriors suffer from a couple things, one being a skill cliff where anybody can kill a really bad player with a warrior but a competent player is a thousand times more difficult to beat with a warrior than any other class.

The trouble with warrior 1v1 wise isn’t so much that the Warrior can’t win 1v1. It’s the amount of mistakes that you can make vs the amount of mistakes that your opponent can make. You are more limited in your ability to disengage and your skills are on a much higher cooldown. This leads to a sort of “all or nothing” type situation for warriors. You can, despite what people say, build pretty decently for 1v1’s with a warrior, but you will find yourself without a role in a team if you do that (fortunately you’ll find that most people in a premade team are also going to build for teamfights, don’t feel bad if you have to run back to your bunker from a 1v1 build as he’ll most likely contribute far less to the fight on a point than you will).

In teamfights you can bring damage and deny rez. The latter is probably the biggest one, downing something means nothing if they don’t stay down. The only problem here is that you are extremely dependent on your bunker once you’ve moved into melee.

This comment is probably the best I have read on the Warrior in a while. I am not trying to say that the class isn’t without it’s flaws. CLEARLY, it is, but I don’t feel as I have seen many do on the board, that the class is completely useless and doesn’t have any viable builds, and no role in tPVP. In fact, I feel they have a very useful role in moving between points and helping bunkers defend those points, if coordinated with a bunker their attacks can just absolutely devastate people, not to mention they are incredible mobile and can be anywhere they need to be very quickly. In a 1v1 setting I do quite well against most things, of course there are times where I am just outmatched completely and there is simply nothing I can do about it but disengage, but for the most part, I hold my own and win the majority of my encounters. Overall I think the class could use some improvements, but aNet needs to be careful not to pull a Necromancer on the Warrior class and make them so OP that there is nothing running around but Warrior’s, and force the nerf hammer to come out and blow the class back into the oblivion from whence it came.

in Warrior

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

The trouble with warrior 1v1 wise isn’t so much that the Warrior can’t win 1v1. It’s the amount of mistakes that you can make vs the amount of mistakes that your opponent can make. You are more limited in your ability to disengage and your skills are on a much higher cooldown. This leads to a sort of “all or nothing” type situation for warriors. You can, despite what people say, build pretty decently for 1v1’s with a warrior, but you will find yourself without a role in a team if you do that (fortunately you’ll find that most people in a premade team are also going to build for teamfights, don’t feel bad if you have to run back to your bunker from a 1v1 build as he’ll most likely contribute far less to the fight on a point than you will).

This comment is probably the best I have read on the Warrior in a while. I am not trying to say that the class isn’t without it’s flaws. CLEARLY, it is, but I don’t feel as I have seen many do on the board, that the class is completely useless and doesn’t have any viable builds, and no role in tPVP. In fact, I feel they have a very useful role in moving between points and helping bunkers defend those points, if coordinated with a bunker their attacks can just absolutely devastate people, not to mention they are incredible mobile and can be anywhere they need to be very quickly. In a 1v1 setting I do quite well against most things, of course there are times where I am just outmatched completely and there is simply nothing I can do about it but disengage, but for the most part, I hold my own and win the majority of my encounters. Overall I think the class could use some improvements, but aNet needs to be careful not to pull a Necromancer on the Warrior class and make them so OP that there is nothing running around but Warrior’s, and force the nerf hammer to come out and blow the class back into the oblivion from whence it came.

I agree with you on their strengths having been playing my Warrior more and more lately for a new challenge (Engi 90% of my playtime).

My Engi, with perma swiftness/vigor can not get around a map anywhere close to as fast as my Warrior can.

I see so many people talk about how we can’t disengage like others. WHA? If you have a Greatsword or a Sword in your build you can disengage like a mofo. I can’t tell you how many people have cursed me out bc I am constantly coming into fights and messing kitten up all the way until I get down to as low as 500hp, having endure pain up, doing a full cleanse of my conditions with one of my 2 full cleanses and then whirlwind + rush away only to return 15 seconds later with another 4s stun into 100b.

So far good Engineers have been the hardest for me, but I have also completely shut down quite a few and surprised the hell out of them. It’s much easier to counter what you main.

Necros are only really giving me issues when they come in out of nowhere and blast me with all their marks. What I do here is pop a full cleanse, whirl+rush, heal and then come at them with a plan and shut them down with constant daze, stun, block.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

(edited by Velron.3729)