What's the "zerker" build, exactly?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

I get that your armor and weapons have to be of the Berserker class (Power, Precision, Crit %), but what about traits, runes, sigils, trinkets, and jewels?

As much as I despise the elitism of this class, I finally got a precursor and realized I’m dismally far from turning it into a legendary. I’m going to be forced to farm CoF P1 for gold and skill points, and any group that isn’t a zerker farm group usually falls apart after the first run.

So, can anyone shed some light as to what is required to participate with these guys?

in Warrior

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

I only run partial zerk, for wvw purposes, so I’m not the ideal person to give you instructions, but here you go.

You want to buy Ruby Orbs and attach them to all your armor pieces. They increase the power/precision/crit of each armor piece.
For trinkets, again, buy ruby items. Ruby necklace, ruby earrings…ect.
For sigils, you have a few options, and I don’t know what CoF runners prefer, but I use superior sigil of bloodlust on my weapons
For traits, you want to put most of your points into power and precision, the top two. There’s multiple ways to distribute them for slightly different effects, but I’m currently running 20/30/0/10/10

in Warrior

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

You want to spend 15 points into discipline, so you can use a better GS-Axe-Rotation

gs2-gs3-switch-axe2-axeF1-axe1-switch-gs2-…

in Warrior

Posted by: Lady Vireo.5189

Lady Vireo.5189

Just chiming in with OP to say I’m really interested in hearing more about this as well. I main an engi but am currently leveling a war alt who I’d like to use mainly in dungeons. Always fun to get the hang of a new profession.

For some reason, I was under the impression the legendary Zerker Warriors we hear about all the time run with rifle. The warriors I’ve done dungeons with so far mostly did. So is there a rifle variation of zerking, or is it always GS/axe and I was just mistaken about my teammates’ builds? It does seem like ranged weapons would work really well with this kind of high damage, low defense setup, but correct me if I’m wrong.

Any tips on how not to get downed while playing glass cannon in melee range? Is it just a matter of smart movement, like dodging and using GS3 at the right moments to get out of the way, or are there any particular utility skills that one should use?

Or do you just try to kill them before you die and rely on your team to get you back on your feet? ;P I just want to play as smart as possible and not be one of those zerker warriors everyone complains about, who run in blindly and spend most of the time on the ground.

A Dev has spoken:Cantha is definitely not cut from the game
Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

(edited by Lady Vireo.5189)

in Warrior

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

What is the cheapest way to get good damage? I don’t want to spend a fortune on a zerker set, but stuff with offense stats tend to be very expensive. My real set and the one I’m willing to spend gold on is defense/support, but right now non-DPS warriors are terrible, so I need a temporary DPS set until things get fixed, but I don’t want to spend all my gold on it.

I made a cheap rare (yellow) set with the zerker modifier on it, but without sigils and runes I don’t do much more damage than I used to.

What is a good “cookie-cutter” DPS trait spec?

Any good DPS sigil and runes that won’t cost me too much gold?

I’m willing to accept that my damage won’t be as good as the one with the “real” zerker set, but that’s okay I just want a set that will make me useful to my team because right now “tanky+support” just doesn’t work for warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wooboost.8527

Wooboost.8527

Berserker gear with ruby orbs, exotic/ascended berserker trinkets, berserker Greatsword with superior sigil of Smothering, berserker axe with superior sigil of smothering and berserker mace with superior sigil of battle. Traits would be 20/25/0/0/25 or 20/25/0/10/15

in Warrior

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

As a friend once told me, and I now go by his definition lol, Berserker build is a good way to make yourself rage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Follow Molch and Wooboost’s advice. If I catch you auto attacking with the Greatsword I swear I’ll kick you right out the front door. Just kidding! If I did that there’d be no Warriors left in my party -__-

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Posted by: Seetoo.9316

Seetoo.9316

How exactly do you “spend a fortune” on a zerker armor set?
- It’s available from cof.
- If you wvw you can spend your badges on a full set too.
- If you have access to fotm 20 you can get 2 rings in 10 days (at most).
- If you aren’t OC about your back piece you can get 1 from the guild vendor (the stat difference from rare to exotic is minuscule on back pieces)

@auto attacking
Well, you do get might from crit with a GS if traited.

in Warrior

Dolan.3071

^ Doesn’t matter. With 4 Warriors you should always be at 25 stacks.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

Pretty much get zerker stuff, with ruby orbs, scholar if you want to spend the money.
the weapons should be gs then axe mace on swap, force in axe and gs battle in mace, or bloodlust, battle for things like cof.
traits should be,
Str 20, V, IX
Arms 25, V, X
Tactics 10, VI
Disc 15, V
Also the attack rotation is as follows gs2, 1 auto, gs3, (if target is not against wall gs4, the gs5, 2 auto, then repeat gs2, gs3 before swapping) swap to axe/mace Axe2, Mace4, Mace5 (if target can be interupted save 5 till needed otherwise spam to remove defiance) axe auto till swap is back up then repeat.
You should never freely use Axe F1 unless the target is almost dead (10% or below) or unless you can time a healing surge afterwards, otherwise you lose out on your 2 biggest damage modifiers and since your biggest source of damage comes from gs not axe keeping them at max is optimal.

(edited by Dempsey.8760)

in Warrior

Dolan.3071

^ no.
/15 character limit

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Posted by: jul.7602

jul.7602

Ignore everything above.
Highest DPS possible:
30/25/0/0/15

V,IX,VII
V,X
V
Highest DPS set.

Weapons
Greatsword of NIght
Axe of Smothering
Mace of night

Armor
Zerker with Ruby orbs.
Pure zerker trinkets.

(edited by jul.7602)

in Warrior

Molch.2078

Afaik, someone wrote an excelsheet, that calculated Dempsey.8760’s rotation/build as the max-dps-build.

You can’t argue with math

But I like eviscerate. Therefore I use 20 30 00 20. The extra dodge, that burstskills grant, are cool in non cof dungeons and I don’t want to retrait every time.

(edited by Molch.2078)

in Warrior

Posted by: The Kape.3672

The Kape.3672

with empowered build full ascended zerker using scholar runes and smothering sigil on greatsword( for cof) ( on a perfect group covering str banner and disc banner ) you can use signet of might/signet of fury and signet of rage.

When you go for bosses cast signet of rage fgj and after mesmer multiplie your boons you start attack, max dmg 50k .

Now the reason im replying here is because i heard some guys doing 51/55K with lyssa runes and i tested during 1 hour and was dealing less damage then scholar runes by far.
Someone with experience on this higher level to give me some motivation and guideness on how to reach 51/55K ?

Build im using is this:
20 (V) (IX) 25(I)(X) 0 10(VI) 15(V)

[WHAT] http://gw2what.shivtr.com
Your Home Hardcore PvE Guild focused in doing Speed/Record Runs & Guild Missions!

in Warrior

Molch.2078

You reach 50k + on risen berserkers. They take extra damage. Im not full ascendant, but my highest hit on a normal mob was ~42k

in Warrior

The Kape.3672

my 50k was in slaver boss on cof
Anyway you are giving me that info on berserkers foes i didnt know, that can explains the 53k dmg i saw on a screenshot althoug was diferent build and sigil. already talked to that guy and we runned some dps tests together his build is more for arah he does 2.5k/3k more then this build for cof.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/4325/54kk.jpg

Your Home Hardcore PvE Guild focused in doing Speed/Record Runs & Guild Missions!

(edited by The Kape.3672)

in Warrior

Dempsey.8760

You reach 50k + on risen berserkers. They take extra damage. Im not full ascendant, but my highest hit on a normal mob was ~42k

slave driver has equivelent armor to that of a light armored toon, so 50k+ is possible and ive done myself. However you do need scholar runes and sigil of night iirc, not too big on all of it since it dies in 6 seconds anyways.
also for cof 20-30-0-0-20 is fine since guardians usually arnt in the group you should only have 3-4 different boons which only equates to 6-8% damage, and is you’re spamming evis you’ll really want that extra adren on crit because really losing that 12% damage and 9% crit chance is about 1/6th of your effective power.

also @ dolan, I run with a pretty elitist guild DnT (you may have seen some of strifes videos?), and have near 1700 hours on warrior alone. Questioning a dps rotation backed be me, and every other elite dungeon runner in this game is just ignorant.

(edited by Dempsey.8760)

in Warrior

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

30-25-0-0-15 if you have 3 buffs or less. 20-25-0-10-15 if you have 4+ buffs.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Warrior

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

post ur 50K shots

http://i.imgur.com/EKtNoak.jpg

But yeah, honestly, don’t listen to anyone except 20-25-0-10-15 folks. Going otherwise in the first line can be marginally more useful for CoF farming, but why bother.

Retired. Too many casuals.

in Warrior

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

sooo ive hit 56k and 52k in CoE.

only a fool puts 10 in vitality, thats asking to be kicked in CoF if known.

strife even says thats for BALANCED WAY BUILDS ^. with guardians/mes etc, not 4 war/1 mes cof runs.

why are people so bad/blind

in Warrior

Puandro.3245

strife even says thats for BALANCED WAY BUILDS ^. with guardians/mes etc, not 4 war/1 mes cof runs.

in Warrior

Posted by: derekgrant.6504

derekgrant.6504

post ur 50K shots

http://i.imgur.com/EKtNoak.jpg

But yeah, honestly, don’t listen to anyone except 20-25-0-10-15 folks. Going otherwise in the first line can be marginally more useful for CoF farming, but why bother.

That’s just disgusting. You warriors need a fixing. BYE

in Warrior

The Kape.3672

screen and build plz

in Warrior

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

screen and build plz

this agreed ^. since 4war/1mes teams have fury/might basically only, i run the power build.

tinyurl.com/dpsgw2

notice the boons

for 4 war/1 mes (cof p1/coe) i had 30/25/0/0/15

in Warrior

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

screen and build plz

this agreed ^. since 4war/1mes teams have fury/might basically only, i run the power build.

tinyurl.com/dpsgw2

notice the boons

Unless you run 5 wars or w/ a class doesn’t provide boon’ support, how could you get less than 4 boons w/a mesmer?

Edited: I use excel to confirm Puandro numbers. The difference of power base (60s duration using SoR, 3 boons by war) between 30/25/0/0/15 & 20/25/10/15 is 1485.6, adv to 30s build .A total of 1% better for the entire of 60s duration. If 4 boons are provided, 19.2 adv for 20s build. Unless my math is wrong, it’s not worth it to go 30/25/0/0/15 for the difference is so minuscule. If any class can provide 1 more boon outside of the warrior’s 3s, 30/25/0/0/15 is not an efficient built.
Edited: Look like I overlooked a few little things that was not supposed to be overlooked, which renders my above opinion incorrectly.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

in Warrior

Dempsey.8760

screen and build plz

tinyurl.com/dpsgw2

notice the boons

Unless you run 5 wars or w/ a class doesn’t provide boon’ support, how could you get less than 4 boons w/a mesmer?

Edited: I use excel to confirm Puandro numbers. The difference of power base (60s duration using SoR, 3 boons by war) between 30/25/0/0/15 & 20/25/10/15 is 1485.6, adv to 30s build .A total of 1% better for the entire of 60s duration. If 4 boons are provided, 19.2 adv for 20s build. Unless my math is wrong, it’s not worth it to go 30/25/0/0/15 for the difference is so minuscule. If any class can provide 1 more boon outside of the warrior’s 3s, 30/25/0/0/15 is not an efficient built.

Your math seems to be correct, either way the 20/25/0/10/15 build is universal to all dungeons and not just cof P1 farming noobs that believe they are dungeon masters since they ran every other dungeon 1 time.
Actually, having a zerker guardian isn’t that bad in cof P1 as long as they run the correct build etc, and if the 3 warriors are running the more efficient boon build they will have way more than 4 boons, thus having much more damage than the 30str build.
Though 4 warriors are an easier way to fill the group, it can be a viable option. But again that’s only if you don’t have ignorance filling the rest of the group.

in Warrior

Dempsey.8760

screen and build plz

tinyurl.com/dpsgw2

notice the boons

lmfao, indeed I notice that you have the 30 str build nearly full stacks of bloodlust 25 might, a damage modify potion? And you only got a 51k vs a risen beserker? A mob that notoriously takes increased damage to begin with but also has light armor. I lol’d.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artukk.1583

Artukk.1583

I suggest taking a look at Strifes guide it’s pretty informative!

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/75020-my-final-axemace-dps-dungeon-build/

in Warrior

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

screen and build plz

tinyurl.com/dpsgw2

notice the boons

Your math seems to be correct, either way the 20/25/0/10/15 build is universal to all dungeons and not just cof P1 farming noobs that believe they are dungeon masters since they ran every other dungeon 1 time.
Actually, having a zerker guardian isn’t that bad in cof P1 as long as they run the correct build etc, and if the 3 warriors are running the more efficient boon build they will have way more than 4 boons, thus having much more damage than the 30str build.
Though 4 warriors are an easier way to fill the group, it can be a viable option. But again that’s only if you don’t have ignorance filling the rest of the group.

Off topic, but do you have a link or quick guide to the accepted zerker guardian build? I’d like to grab a second set of armor and try that out.

Retired. Too many casuals.

in Warrior

SkyChef.5432

Haha. That tickles me. That’s why my ranger always carries the DM title while my other toons carry Combat Healer to scare the hell of those pugs. Combat Healer Warrior w/ CoF Shoulder & Glove. What’s a newbie!

Anyway, back to the topic. The way I see it is a guardian w/ hammer & proper trait will guaranteed 4 boons on demand, plus 2-4 more boons from either RT/HtL. That’s 5-6 boons guaranteed and 2.5K+ average more damage than the 30s built. A mesmer in the group w/ Arcane Thievery & SoI will make it 9-10 (mesmer duration is too short) and that’s a total average of 3.5K+ more damage in 60s duration before TW & efficient boon build. Per warrior.
BTW, I’ve tinkered w/ this build for a while and couldn’t find anyway doing it better. Kudos for Strife (and DnT) best dungeon build for warrior.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

in Warrior

Dempsey.8760

screen and build plz

tinyurl.com/dpsgw2

notice the boons

Off topic, but do you have a link or quick guide to the accepted zerker guardian build? I’d like to grab a second set of armor and try that out.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.0|c.1g.h2.d.1g.h4|6.1g.h4|1g.7e.1g.7e.1g.7e.1g.7e.1g.7e.1g.7e|2s.0.2s.0.3s.0.2s.0.3s.0.2s.0|a2.p6a.0.u28b.5|0.0|0.0.0.0.0|e
This is what I use, Spam F1, use blinds as a main source of damage mitigation, combined with agies for the party of course.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.0|c.1g.h2.d.1g.h4|6.1g.h4|1g.7e.1g.7e.1g.7e.1g.7e.1g.7e.1g.7e|2s.0.2s.0.3s.0.2s.0.3s.0.2s.0|0.u6ab.0.u28b.a6|0.0|0.0.0.0.0|e
This one is better for CM, arah, and fractals. just for the longer wall time.

@SkyChef, besides protection a zerk guard should be able to apply just as many boons except protection wont have the high uptime.
Also you’re welcome.

(edited by Dempsey.8760)

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

screen and build plz

tinyurl.com/dpsgw2

notice the boons

Does your math also include “Dual Wielding” and “Stick and Move”?

in Warrior

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

Shouldnt be used sword as offhand with axe to take advantage of the 10% damage trait when enemy bleeding? skill 4 got long duration bleed, just to use it once in the rotation

in Warrior

Molch.2078

in Warrior

Puandro.3245

screen and build plz

tinyurl.com/dpsgw2

notice the boons

In my math yes.

in Warrior

SkyChef.5432

screen and build plz

tinyurl.com/dpsgw2

notice the boons

No, for these reasons:

• Dual Wieding applied to both builds.
  • Stick and Moved increased 3% damage when Endurance not filled which also means Berserker Power damage base is also dropped at least 5%, Critical Damage dropped at least 4% would put those using these traits at complete disadvantage in total damage output.

in Warrior

Wethospu.6437

So you run 30-25-0-10-15?
Also Endurance is not same thing as Adrenaline.

in Warrior

SkyChef.5432

My bad, Endurance isn’t Adrenaline. Which will change everything I’ve said before.
Since you asked, I realized that that’s 7.4% increased in 30s build w/ Stick&Move for the entire 60s duration (based on 5% recharge rate) whereas the 20s build basically got even for the first 33s (8% increased on 4 boons) then lost for the remaining 27s. To make it even, the 20s build need 8 boons in total. And that’s a lot of boons to ask. Am I correct?

in Warrior

Dempsey.8760

My bad, Endurance isn’t Adrenaline. Which will change everything I’ve said before.
Since you asked, I realized that that’s 7.4% increased in 30s build w/ Stick&Move for the entire 60s duration (based on 5% recharge rate) whereas the 20s build basically got even for the first 33s (8% increased on 4 boons) then lost for the remaining 27s. To make it even, the 20s build need 8 boons in total. And that’s a lot of boons to ask. Am I correct?

in the 30s build it requires you to dodge to gain the full effectiveness of the build, which in turn makes your actual dps lower because you arn’t attacking, something not needed with the boon build. Since 90% of this games bosses die quicker than 33s, and in anything but cof P1 the guardian should retain most if not all of the aggro (or apply blocks/blinds correctly) to where you should never really need to dodge at all, maybe the 30S build would be more effective against bosses like lupy since our fastest kill was only 46 seconds 13second outside the margin of efficiency, the boon build retains its validity against even bosses like alpha since no alpha fight should take longer than 30 seconds dodges included it’s simple get good enough to never need to dodge, run boon build, profit.

Dual wielding should be applied to the 30s build but not the 20s build.
But dual wielding would only effect the axe rotation where as the boon build buffs both axe and gs, and since gs is your largest dps spike i still don’t see the 30s build topping it.

(edited by Dempsey.8760)

in Warrior

Wethospu.6437

I didn’t mean 30/25/0/0/15 would be better than 20/25/0/10/15. Just wanted to make sure you remember all little things when making the decision.
Maybe if they buff that 3% to 10%….

I care about solo performance so that’s why I personally use 30/25/0/0/15.

in Warrior

SkyChef.5432

I didn’t mean 30/25/0/0/15 would be better than 20/25/0/10/15. Just wanted to make sure you remember all little things when making the decision.

I was looking to improve my 20s build but it seems to me that I overlooked so many little things in my calculation. I’m going to give the 30s a try.

in Warrior

Dempsey.8760

I was looking to improve my 20s build but it seems to me that I overlooked so many little things in my calculation. I’m going to give the 30s a try.

Wethospu solo’s everything making the 30s better since he actually has to dodge things, in a group setting the 20s is better.

@wethospu, I don’t see them buffing it that much it was already nerfed from 5% down to the current 3%.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

But guardian has same trait with 10%…. in vitality tree.
I tried out everything out of 30/25/0/0/15, 25/25/0/0/20, 20/30/0/0/20, and 20/25/0/10/15 and have to say… 25/25/0/0/20 and 20/30/0/0/20 feel the most comfprtable in solo’ing things. Finally sticked back to 20/30/0/0/20. The difference between 30/25/0/0/15 and 20/30/0/0/20 when using same rotation on afk’ing down a boss was so minor i couldn’t give a flying cupcake about and perma swiftness, fury and quicker adrenaline restore are simply too comfortable to give away, aswell as the option for bringing 100% Chance to Rally while Vengeance or Movement Skills break Immobilize in.
Aswell i’ve already hit wraithlord for over 50k on 20/30/0/0/20 and i’m not even having ascended trinkets which would increase my damage pretty much more than the build could.
10 Points in Tactics make you heavily relying on your group to catch up, which isn’t worth the minor improvement in group fights.

To answer the OP’s question: there is no “the berserker build”. Different variants may work out best in different content. While 20/25/0/10/15 may be the most effective in CoF farms it’d horribly loose when doing arah out of the famour 3w/1g/1m setup (which isn’t even best for arah).

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in Warrior

Dempsey.8760

But guardian has same trait with 10%…. in vitality tree.
I tried out everything out of 30/25/0/0/15, 25/25/0/0/20, 20/30/0/0/20, and 20/25/0/10/15 and have to say… 25/25/0/0/20 and 20/30/0/0/20 feel the most comfprtable in solo’ing things. Finally sticked back to 20/30/0/0/20. The difference between 30/25/0/0/15 and 20/30/0/0/20 when using same rotation on afk’ing down a boss was so minor i couldn’t give a flying cupcake about and perma swiftness, fury and quicker adrenaline restore are simply too comfortable to give away, aswell as the option for bringing 100% Chance to Rally while Vengeance or Movement Skills break Immobilize in.
Aswell i’ve already hit wraithlord for over 50k on 20/30/0/0/20 and i’m not even having ascended trinkets which would increase my damage pretty much more than the build could.
10 Points in Tactics make you heavily relying on your group to catch up, which isn’t worth the minor improvement in group fights.

To answer the OP’s question: there is no “the berserker build”. Different variants may work out best in different content. While 20/25/0/10/15 may be the most effective in CoF farms it’d horribly loose when doing arah out of the famour 3w/1g/1m setup (which isn’t even best for arah).

Well then what is the best group for arah? You know since in my guild running arah P2 and 3 only takes us 30 mins ( about 15 min per path and that is a pretty casual run) and we use 1g, 3w, 1m. Of course i encourage you to try different set ups to get better times than us in DnT.
You should need sweet vengeance isn’t needed in pve, since you shouldn’t ever go down >.> and mobile strikes is a PvP trait at best since there are not enough mobs in the game to dedicate that trait to, even so we melee everything, yes everything even GL so if a mob was to immob us we would still be in range.
Either way I stated, and you can go back and find it, that 20/25/0/10/15 is universal to all dungeons and not just cof P1, the 6% increase you can give to yourself is better than the 2% crit chance and 5% crit damage you take. Not to mention when you start getting more than 3 boons since 1g, 3w, 1m is the universal setup atm and will give you much more then 5-6 boons.

HOWEVER, after looking at the leaked trait changes I and another hardcore warrior player in DnT believe that the new build will in fact be 30/25/0/0/15 for the gs/axe/mace dps build but only because of the move of berserkers power. Other possible full axe builds might be comparable but we wont know till after the changes are confirmed and some testing can be done.

(edited by Dempsey.8760)