What would FH Baseline Break?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

I am certain the devs read every forum, or at least glance at it. Given this insight, I know they are aware of the issues with Warriors. So, that raises a question to me then. Why do they continue to deny the baseline for Fast Hands? What measures are taken with this request that seem to make it difficult to do?

My fellow warriors, for the sake of balance, I ask of you, let’s converse on this and play with a little thought experiment then:

- Right now Warriors have Baseline Fast Hands. The replaced minor is nearly negligible given the current perks of Discipline.

Can you come up with a build that would be too strong given an inherent 5 second weapon swap over a 10 second weapon swap?

Let’s pretend it exists already, let’s find out what issues or benefits to every meta, PvE, WvW, or SPvP there is. Does Warriors having innate weapon swap reduction cause more problems or SOLVE problems?

Let’s give the devs this information right now.

I’ll lend my thoughts on certain builds tomorrow (starting with every Greatsword build) and continue forth.

At this point I have taken off the gloves, I am now quite kittened.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

Posted by: GenoGar.5497

GenoGar.5497

PS/EA Warriors will probably not take Discipline at all, going Strength/Arms/Tactics. PvE Berserker may do PS/EA because Headbutt into rotation will solve the need for To the Limit! or the Precision Signet for Adrenaline problems. As a result, PS Berserker will probably be geared in full Assassins due to the loss of Signet Mastery. The question becomes whether PS Berserker in Assassins is stronger or comparable to a PS Warrior. A PS Warrior will basically become the pre-Traits overhaul where everyone went 3 in Discipline for Fast Hands. Better, but pretty much the same. Maybe worse because we lost Boon Duration and 100% banner uptime. Baseline Fast Hands doesn’t solve the problem where Warriors have to take 2 trait lines, Strength and Tactics, to achieve the Might stacking role.

In WvW, Warriors will still probably take Discipline because Brawler’s Recovery and Adrenaline on swap and some other decent traits. Every Warrior in Tyria will be locked to Defense because Dogged/SM, Adrenal Health, and Last Stand are basically base Warrior except we have to sac a trait line for it. Berserker may take Rousing Resilience but Berserker kinda works against Adrenal Health. Dead or Alive works against Defy Pain. Last Stand works against Headbutt. The amount of dissynergy between Berserker and Defense is ridiculous. Headbutt may not be taken just for the fact that the self stun, the miss potential, and the amount of momentum loss for missing not only the elite skill but wasting Always Angry and proccing Last Stand on your own. Other than Outrage, I have no reason to use terrible Physical skills over 2-3 stances to keep me up to par.

I’m just convinced that baseline Fast Hands and even Warrior Sprint is putting a bandaid on a gaping wound. At first I thought Berserker was bad, then I thought Discipline was bad, but then I realize the core Warrior is in such a terrible state that a silly half second reflect or a short distance 25 second CD leap isn’t going to fix it.

(edited by GenoGar.5497)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

Yeah, at this point, baseline FH wouldn’t even fix half the problems. We’re way beyond that request unfortunately.

I can’t think of any OP spec with baseline FH, from the top of my head, tbh…

in Warrior

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Couldn’t the fact that it doesn’t render builds strong be just as much an argument that making fast hands baseline isn’t necessary?
Nice as fast hands is, and as much as the warrior comunity harps on about wanting it baseline, I don’t really see a great reason for it to be baseline. The rest of the warrior is what needs work.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Couldn’t the fact that it doesn’t render builds strong be just as much an argument that making fast hands baseline isn’t necessary?
Nice as fast hands is, and as much as the warrior comunity harps on about wanting it baseline, I don’t really see a great reason for it to be baseline. The rest of the warrior is what needs work.

I think only the really ignorant people will claim that Fast Hands baseline will magically fix all of Warrior’s problems somehow – but it’s definitely a small step in the right direction regardless. Warrior’s weaponsets are extremely 1-dimensional and designed right off the ground to be based around swapping weapons quickly for combo attacks.

in Warrior

Posted by: Capa.7684

Capa.7684

I think we are too specialized. When you compare Guardians Virtues with our Burst Skills you see that he has a complete Traitline for Virtues and the rest are often only Minor Buffs. He has 1 Adept and 1 Major Traits in Traitlines other then Virtues.

Compared to that Warrior has 4 Grandmaster Traits he cant Evade because they are seperated. You dont like the Burst skill from your weapon you can choose another Grandmaster yes but the effective choice is drastically reduced.

The new Berserk Mode make it not better. It gives you not additional effects, it changes the brust skills in the core. From a Phyiscal Weapon to Condition or from CC to something bad.

Warrior need a Armor swap in combination with weapons swap.