Whats your Opinions on Berserker ES?

in Warrior

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Whats your Opinions on Berserker Elite Specialization?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3hvs32/berserker_elite_specialization_livestream_notes/
Torch Offhand skills

Tooltips: http://i.imgur.com/0uAtue4.jpg

Utility Skills

Tooltips: http://i.imgur.com/U5vz7OJ.jpg

Blood Reckoning: This heal works on your condition damage as well and you get more healing with crits. Berserker mode will benefit the most from this skill.

Wild Blow: Knock back any foes behind your primary target as well if they are close.

Shattering Blow: You summon a rock and punch it to send rock fragments in an arc to up to 5 enemies. You cannot move while using this skill.

Sundering Leap: Good for initiation. Give you adrenaline on the leap and more adrenaline when you land if you hit enemies with this skill. Good for generating adrenaline.

Outrage: Stun break on a 10s recharge. Has no other function other than stun break.Gain adrenaline based on how surrounded you are. Stun break is self only.

Head Butt: Crowd control elite on a 20s cooldown. You are stunned while using it but you can use Outrage to break out of it. Gain full adrenaline if you hit your target with it.

Primal Burst F1 skills

Tooltips: http://i.imgur.com/jWiYZbW.jpg
You get access to these new F1 skills only in berserk mode (F2 button). Berserk mode can be only activated if you have a full bar of adrenaline. Berserk mode lasts 15s and will flip your regular F1 skills to the Primal Burst F1 skills. Cannot be deactivated once it is active so if you want your regular F1 skills back you need to wait it out. Attack speed bonus is only 10% as opposed to the 33% from the datamine.
While in Berserk mode, your adrenaline bar goes down to 1 gauge (10 adrenaline) instead of 3 gauges (30 adrenalines).
Primal Burst skills have a shorter cooldown (5s only) so you can fire off 3 Primal burst skills while in Berserk.
Flaming Fury: Sword F1 skill.
Arcing Sear: Greatsword F1 skill.
Scorched Earth: Longbow F1 skill.
Gun Flame: Rifle F1 skill. The number of targets may get toned down later. Does less damage than the Killshot regular rifle F1 skill.
Skull Grinder: Mace F1 skill.
Rupturing Smash: Hammer F1 skill. Enemies only get knocked back once.
Decapitate: Axe F1 skill. Does less damage than Eviscerate but also hit enemies behind your primary target. Works well with your Blood Reckoning heal skill.

in Warrior

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

When I seen him Gun Flame and level half those golems I was like: “Yep, thats OP” They even admitted it on the stream. lol

in Warrior

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

It looks interesting enough to consider dusting off my war mule. Quite a slap in the face for the guardian spec team I would say.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Warrior

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

it looks like it will be great in every gamemode. As an ele I am pretty jealous.

Bad Elementalist

in Warrior

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

game-breaking ES

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Warrior

Posted by: Atticus.7194

Atticus.7194

Looked pretty bad to me, some of really powerful skills obviously aren’t going to make it to launch as they are. As it stands many of these skills (both burst and rage) seem worse than what we have access too already and I’m not in love with the Berserk mechanic, it’s basically “hit this and faceroll everything!” That’s not exactly new or interesting gameplay, it’s a whole elite spec about thinking less and button mashing more.

Glad I didn’t preorder HoT like I was tempted too.

in Warrior

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Looked pretty bad to me, some of really powerful skills obviously aren’t going to make it to launch as they are. As it stands many of these skills (both burst and rage) seem worse than what we have access too already and I’m not in love with the Berserk mechanic, it’s basically “hit this and faceroll everything!” That’s not exactly new or interesting gameplay, it’s a whole elite spec about thinking less and button mashing more.

You’re trying so hard to hate it. Just don’t play the game anymore, sheesh. Hate it before you see it. See it’s amazing and hate it because it won’t make it to live. Hate that it’s a reckless with a name like “Berserker”… Okay, we get it, you’re just not having a great time anymore. No one is forcing you to play it. O.o

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Warrior

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Berserker is going to be really good and the core traits are going to synergize really well with it.

Overall, I’m really impressed that Robert has created three great specializations and really understands how to make a good spec.

Can’t wait for the next BWE to try out Berserker.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Warrior

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

It looked more or less warrior with a flight condition edge to it. I know the guardians are kinda salty since they got slapped down a few pegs currently placing 3rd in terns of burning with Eles at the top. Of course the numbers aren’t final but pvp should be interesting come the next BWE

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

in Warrior

Posted by: Atticus.7194

Atticus.7194

You’re trying so hard to hate it. Just don’t play the game anymore, sheesh. Hate it before you see it. See it’s amazing and hate it because it won’t make it to live. Hate that it’s a reckless with a name like “Berserker”… Okay, we get it, you’re just not having a great time anymore. No one is forcing you to play it. O.o

Thanks for breaking that down for me, I’m glad you focused on blowing one particular part of my comment way out of proportion and ignored all the rest.

My point was that nothing in this elite spec seems particularly “new” or innovative it’s just lots and lots more of the same. I mean say what you will about reapers, dragonhunters and tempests but at least they have new mechanics that alter the way a elite spec plays compared to baseline, but berserkers appear to function exactly the same as warriors do now only encouraging more spastic buttmashing gameplay, I’m sorry but I can’t help but feel disappointed in that.

But you are right that this game is by no means worth getting frustrated or upset over so I guess I’ll move onto something else that makes me happy.

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

This.

Spec was absolutely amazing. Not kept everything about the warrior thslay makes it great… dps, mobility, stability, stun breaks, and gave us a new way to do it. It automatically makes other weapons set viable. Only the chronomancer is nearly as well done

in Warrior

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Rubi: “You can’t have everything.”
Hugh: “Well, we can have a lot of things.”

Rubi thinks it’s a little bit OP. I agree.

in Warrior

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I have an issue with elite specs in general, at least the ones that are getting an OH weapon. Because they think that getting an OH weapon is a handicap compared to two hand weapons, they felt the need to compensate the classes by giving something extra on top of what is already there.

Necro and Guardian get their class mechanics replaced by different class mechanics. Mesmers, Warriors and Revenants get another F ability. It does not turn them into a different spec, it turns them into a spec++. This is fundamentally flawed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Berseker is basically a build locker .

In PvP Berserkers will run defense (with as grandmaster cleansing ire, most will run defy pain and dogged march) and discipline (with grandmaster burst mastery, brawler’s recovery and most likely warriors sprint).
The berserker trait line is most likely locked as well with eternal champion, dead or alive and savage instinct unless they go condi then they might take heat the sould and kings of fire) The heal will be healing signet, utilities are endure pain, most likely berserker stance , outrage or balanced stance, the elite will be free to choose.

In PvE 5 man content will be Phalanx build without arms it will be smash brawler, blood reaction and probably king of fires to boost ele dps. Open world is a bit harder to determine.

EverythingOP

in Warrior

Kidel.2057

Necro and Guardian get their class mechanics replaced by different class mechanics. Mesmers, Warriors and Revenants get another F ability. It does not turn them into a different spec, it turns them into a spec++. This is fundamentally flawed.

I agree.
I mean, we may even not run longbow on dragonhunter, yet we get our virtues replaced while mesmer gest f5. Why don’t we have f4,5,6?
It’n not like mesmers aren’t going to use GS anyway.

And at least reaper got a nicer shroud. DH virtues are crap compared to guardian’s.

Warrior was already pretty strong, now with berserker it’s going to be even stronger. and they went and developed it with “let’s make it OP” in mind. They even said that they wanted to make it immortal while in berserk.

in Warrior

Posted by: Spurrlock.3219

Spurrlock.3219

No root on sword burst! Spam burst skills! Big damage! Tons o’ synergy! Condi war totally viable! Necro like survivability! (if traited)!

Robert Gee delivers again.

Though in the long run, warrior will be boring. Without fasthands being baseline, warriors will be forced into zerker and discipline.

in Warrior

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I do not think any elite spec should get something extra. They should get something different. For example if Mesmer gets one of its shatters replaced by that time lapse thingy its fine, but if it keeps all 4 and gets another one, that is utter BS!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I have an issue with elite specs in general, at least the ones that are getting an OH weapon. Because they think that getting an OH weapon is a handicap compared to two hand weapons, they felt the need to compensate the classes by giving something extra on top of what is already there.

I have to disagree slightly on this one. For mesmers and eles this partially true, yes they do get an extra skill(s) to use but the problem is that they consume the same resource as the base mechanic either clones or attunement cooldowns. So it’s not a full upgrade. For revenant it is a pure upgrade since they can easily double tap F2. Warrior is an even bigger offender since not only are the burst skills still avaidable, berserk which gives a basic bonus also gives a new set of F1 skills which have lower cost, lower cooldown and a better effect.

To sum up ele and mesmer it is a trade off and for revenant and warrior it is an upgrade.

EverythingOP

in Warrior

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Berserker is basically a build locker .

In PvP Berserker will run defense (with as grandmaster cleansing ire, most will run defy pain and dogged march) and discipline (with grandmaster burst mastery, brawler’s recovery and most likely warriors sprint)…..

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing, Berserker + Defense + Discipline in PvP.

As for weapons, that new Rifle Burst looks really good, basically an AOE killshot that dazes and burns but does a little less damage.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in Warrior

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

That’s their choice actually number of skills matter especially if it’s a MH which no one will get or a 2H it’s more build defining but again that’s their choice. Reaper’s Shroud was the best out of the reaper first BWE and additional changes are being for the rest to catch up and improve it itself. DH is confusing the connection with base guard seems missing and somewhat the same for Tempest.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Warrior

Kidel.2057

why is root on sword burst a problem when half of the meta is “stack” and the skill is also ranged?

in Warrior

Posted by: Spurrlock.3219

Spurrlock.3219

The stack meta you speak of only applies to dungeons. WvW stacking is to hide numbers, share boons and heal. The sword never made it into dungeons anyway.

Also, I suspect that HoT will attempt to disrupt the stack meta with their challanging new group content, but this is way off topic.

(edited by Spurrlock.3219)

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

best specialization so far – allthoug I have to admit elite seems a bit over the top – I mean just imagine you have full adrenalin and stun your enemy for 3 seconds with mace, stun him again with elite for another 3 seconds and you have full adrenalin again ,just lol

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

I like it, the sword F1 is finally looking better! I like the whole berserker concept and this finally looks like a chance to use my favorite weapon (sword mainhand) F1 skill for something other than a setup skill that I cancel. <3 Anet

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

While it’s a pretty dang cool looking spec, I saw nothing that won’t force Warrior out of Defense and Discipline in PvP/WvW.

Once again, if Fast hands was baseline it would open several more build options:

Arms – Defense – Berserker

Arms – Tactics – Berserker

Strength – Defense – Berserker

Strength – Arms – Berserker

Strength – Discipline – Berserker

The list goes on. However, with no baseline Fast Hands we got:

Defense – Discipline – Berserker

There might be a few more options, but they will probably pale in comparison.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

The biggest issue is the same I have with the Chronomancer and the Tempest – the berserker isnt an alternative to playing the core specialization, warrior, it is a replacement for it.

While some of the specializations offer a “new way to play,” several of the new ones, warrior included, simply offer the old way of playing with significant new advantages.

Having access to both traditional burst and primal burst skills means the only real benefit of playing the warrior over the berserker is SLIGHTLY (very slight) better flexibility in the trait lines – at the cost of losing alot of active abilities.

At this point, they might as well give reapers access to both death shroud and reapers shroud and give dragonhunters access to all six active virtues.

I like what I’ve seen so far, but there seems to be a disconnect between how the various specializations are being designed. Some offer alternative ways to play while some just beef up the existing way to play. They need to decide which direction they want to go – and whether or not elite specializations are meant to be power-additive or comparable in strength to core professions.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

in Warrior

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

I like the heal, it looks like it could be a fun and useful replacement to healing signet. I haven’t looked at the traits, but if there is a cd reduction trait for rage, this heal will be VERY solid (probably better than healing signet)

in Warrior

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

I’ll need more time and probably a BWE to get a more definite opinion on this. I’ve been playing the game at a much more casual frequency in the last year and a half, so may want to read my comments with that in mind, but here are my thoughts.

• I really like Headbutt. I like that I can have an instant adrenaline bar that doesn’t make me lose my Healing Signet. Also, the damage seems good, the cooldown is very short for an elite, and the stun is very long. That said, mace (normal) burst has a longer windup period and has a shorter stun. Is the half-a-second charge time for Headbutt too short, or is the self-stun enough of a disadvantage to balance it?
  • Dead or Alive sounds really cool since it may allow Berserk to work like a sort of desperation skill. It will increase your damage, and it will “block” fatal damage once and heal you instead. And if you’re going to die anyway, Headbutt into Berserk, and Dead of Alive may buy you a little more time.
  • Looks like we’re not getting the break bar, but a break bar is a double-edged sword and looking at the penalty that Revenants get if it breaks, I’m not that excited about the break bar now. Also we’re getting tons of ways to deal with stuns already so I think I’ll take Eternal Champion over it. Revenants can keep their break bar, I don’t think I’ll need one…
  • I love the AoE taunt on Bloody Roar because on top of working with the AoE damage stuff I can use it to release the pressure on a party member that is getting focused on and warriors can deal with the pressure with Shield Stance and Endure Pain. However, in PvE I’m not sure if I’ll want to AoE taunt every single time I berserk. Two concerns: 1) with the “challenging group content” I assume it’s going to require more complex strategies than stacking in a corner, so is it going to be considered disruptive for the strats if the warrior keeps taunting foes? And 2) are warriors tanky enough to take the auto-attack from a boss if they don’t use a shield?
  • On a single target, is the overall DPS on primal bursts higher than the DPS on normal bursts? That’s counting the fact that primal bursts are on a 5 second cooldown and that the adrenaline bar is shorter. A lot of bosses tend to be one single big creature so I wouldn’t want to kitten my DPS when I go berserk.
  • Does the healing skill scale on healing power? It does not seem very appealing to me, but I play a more support/tanky kind of warrior so it’s obviously not perfect for my character. However, if tons of healing power could change it from 30% to maybe 45% it may compensate for the lower DPS and make the skill worth it for less damage/crit focused characters.

(edited by Bearhugger.4326)

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

From a veteran Warrior perspective with actual competitive presence..

I absolutely LOVE IT. I knew I could count on Robert Gee. First of all, whoever thought of the fighting game references for trait lines is a GENIUS. I am 100% using Bloody Roar on my new chain CC build. Doesn’t help that I also loved Bloody Roar growing up and keep tabs on a lot of fighting games such as UMVC3 on twitch.

Not only does Berserker help condition builds, it also helps bruiser builds and will kinda help Warrior duel better and not “depend” too much on Rampage even though it was already possible.

I am extremely glad that Robert Gee kinda listened to what I said in which Warrior should have harsh incentives. The stun on headbutt as a good example. There’s also a little bit of improvisation mechanics that came out because of this. I could choose to go headbutt > berserker stun break > go ham or I can choose to land a full-blast skull crack after headbutt AND THEN combo > build up more adrenaline > and finally go berserk. Counting dodges in between of course.

And wild blow, pretty much the over-charge shot of Warriors, is looking very promising as it is a 1/4 second casting time with the trade-off of taking a utility slot AND it can chain into more CC chains.

My god I CANNOT wait to see how many more combos I can pull off on Warrior such as these that I already know right now:

http://www.twitch.tv/blacktruth009/c/6269321
http://www.twitch.tv/blacktruth009/c/6259903

Now for the negatives.

1.) There is still absolutely no point in picking that 10 second stun break over stances including Frenzy.

2.) There is no reason to pick Sundering Leap over even something like Bulls Charge. All it provides is vulnerability and nothing much else. It doesn’t help “bait out dodges and cool downs” which is part of winning a rotation as there is no incentive to react to it.

3.) There is no reason to pick Shattering Blow at all. Shield already reflects projectiles just fine and there is no reason to pick that over stances and kill set up utils.

4.) Defiant Stance and Signet are both still the superior heals for PvP though I’m more concerned over the viability of the 3 rage utilities that I mentioned above.

5.) Skull Crack becoming a Daze during berserker mode is counter productive. It should be changed into a 1.5 second stun see-ing as it’s already hard to land and it isn’t any easier to land base on it’s primal burst mode on stream. I don’t feel like the confusion trait is viable anyways see-ing as Warrior capitalizes on lock down anyways. Interrupt builds just seem counter-productive considering it’s more rewarding if I can just land a hard CC and then deal damage.

If Skull Crack stays as it’s current primal burst state it may become the weakest burst skill during berserk mode to the point where there is no point in using it at that time period.

Every other burst skill seems fine during primal mode.

6.) Instant Cast taunt might be too powerful. But at the same time it could be necessary.

I hope I can get myself to stream this in the next BWE. This is going to be fun overall.

P.S Three Cheers for Robert Gee!!

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

(edited by BlackTruth.6813)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

I could systematically go through each and every single thing the Berserker offers.

OR, I can go stomp rabbits and build up my anger, cause IMAZERKER!

…The only downside is that from first glance it’s very likely Berserker could replace every build except maybe PS, which is a bit contrary to what Specializations were supposed to be, an alternative playstyle and not necessarily overwhelming the base.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

2.) There is no reason to pick Sundering Leap over even something like Bulls Charge.

Well the cooldown is lower. So i would guess it is better for mobility.

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

The daze on Skull Grinder is good due to its synergy with distracting strikes. You want your target to keep using skills as much as possible so that you actually hurt them with the confusion. It’s the same reason why rifle got a interrupt as well. I could see mace and rifle builds focused on interrupts being fun. It would make Sundering Leap better as well.

Speaking of the leap. It would be amazing to have it be able to leap up on some ledges. Weaker version of Blink.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in Warrior

Posted by: Horus.9685

Horus.9685

Rubi: “You can’t have everything.”
Hugh: “Well, we can have a lot of things.”

Rubi thinks it’s a little bit OP. I agree.

lol jeah

The meta is dead, long live the meta.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheDuck.4526

TheDuck.4526

Strength – Berserker – Discipline ultimate YOLO pop or get popped build. Talk about risk vs reward…

Berserk + Taunt + Quickness -> 100b? Sure.

Tremor + Headbutt + Berserk + Quickness Decapitate + Hydroswap + Quickness WW? Heck yes.

Hype aside though— I don’t know how I’d feel about ditching Strength for Berserker. The damage multipliers in Strength are INCREDIBLY high. Between Berserker’s Power (20%), Slashing Power (10% GS), and Stick and Move (10%?), we lose a lot of flat damage in exchange for Primal Bursts and Berserk form.

Definitely can’t ditch discipline for berserker. Our weapons don’t offer enough flexibility to stay in one for 10s

And trading berserker for defense? Maybe in low MMR matches where you can just pub stomp.

(edited by TheDuck.4526)

in Warrior

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Yes… Yeeeessssssss…….. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Time to reap the tears of “noob OP Berserk build” and much of the other hatemail that I’m sure will follow. Better get my packets of salt stacked in my inventory because I’m gonna need a lot of sodium to gift.

Looks good to me. Especially excited for a 10second stunbreak and ranged attack on my sword.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: DevilLordLaser.8619

DevilLordLaser.8619

The traits are amazeballs. Absolutely amazeballs. Seriously – just let Robert do the traits for all the elite specs. The Durganpoker, Tampon, and Harold are a useless mess compared to the Reaper, Chronomancer, and Berserker. To the point where I can honestly see the rationale behind some folks’ fears that the latter two specs are eating their base professions, even as I sit there and go “Oh my GOD I want to play this so freaking bad!”

The torch looks like a lot of fun. It strikes a good balance between short-recharge, low-impact skills and high-recharge, high-impact skills like most professions get on their offhands. Visually impressive and also significant potential (on the PvE side, at least). No, it’s not going to replace Phalanx Strength, but PS is busted to Torment and back anyways, and being able to turn yourself into a fire field with feet sounds awesome. Plus, who doesn’t want more condition handling?

The Rage skills…those are the only part of it that strike me as a mixed bag. Headbutt looks phenomenal and will be immensely valuable in the Maguuma when you’re dealing with breakbars all day, but the rest are…dicey. Shattering Blow is amusing but doesn’t really seem to do much. Wild Blow is hilarious and easily the best of the bunch (discounting Headbutt), but Sundering Leap…

I want to like Sundering Leap, but a 25s gap closer with mediocre damage and moderate Vuln is going to have a lot of competition on my util bar. If it was something like a 5-second stack of 25 Vuln, so you could pursue a target and deal massive damage to it or start a fight with a giant augmented whack, that’d be worth investigating, but 8s of 10 Vuln feels…not worth losing my SigMastery fuel or my healing shouts or whatever else I’ve got.

The heal is junk. Junk. Litany of Wrath is junk too, for the same reason. Healing Signet is excellent because it never stops working (unless you’re stupid/desperate enough to punch the nigh-pointless active), so it’s constantly cleaning up incidental damage. You’re much harder to wear down with HealSig up, for the trade of being more vulnerable to sharp spikes of damage you can no longer clean up with a powerful heal. (Traited) To the Limit! is useful the other way – it’s a fat heal that plugs up all the holes at once and gives you some extra cushion against damage spikes you don’t manage to dodge/block.

This Blood Reckoning? It’s neither. It doesn’t make you harder to wear down, it doesn’t give you extra insurance against heavy damage. And unlike Jade Daggers on the Rev, it doesn’t make up for its weakness as a heal skill by also doing 5k+ damage. You’re as vulnerable to pressure as a TtL! user, as vulnerable to spike as a HealSig user, and you get no extra damage from the skill. ArenaNet, stop making heals like this. They stink.

Outrage…is a thing. It seems a bit misplaced in a specialization which is almost Juggernaut-level stable, but I can honestly kinda see it as something of a combo thing. Last Blaze works decently well with it, and it’s also a free Pburst if you hit 4+ targets with it, and frankly I was knocked around enough in the Maguuma I can sorta see the appeal of a 10s-cooldown stunbreak…but then again, Headbutt is a 20s cooldown stunbreak that also deals a good pile of damage and heavily stuns the enemy.

Overall? This looks like tremendous fun and I’ll be playing the hell out of it next BWE. It may well give Reaper a run for its money as my go-to elite spec come HoT’s launch. Good work, Robert. Carry on.

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Yes, yes yes
make the leap able to leap over blink points, or else it will just be like physical skills, which has no use except rampage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

Could the spear primal burst skill become the greatsword primal burst? Think if the pulls+burn into 100b potential!

Also, is there anyone that doesn’t think fast hands just NEEDS to be baseline?

(edited by Chrisco.5732)

in Warrior

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

I’m kind of bummed as a necro main honestly because our slow moving high damage unstoppable spec has just witnessed a fast moving, high damage, unstoppable spec. I mean we really needed something to make us feel unstoppable so we got pulsing stab on reaper shroud for like 8 seconds. Warriors get a trait that constantly pulses it with no cd? We get low damage chill with a stack maximum of 5 that had limited means of application. Warrior gets the most devastating condi in the game and seem to apply it on everything. We needed fire fields and blast finishers…. warrior now gets more of those. I just feel bummed with my ES now.

in Warrior

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

This Blood Reckoning? It’s neither. It doesn’t make you harder to wear down, it doesn’t give you extra insurance against heavy damage. And unlike Jade Daggers on the Rev, it doesn’t make up for its weakness as a heal skill by also doing 5k+ damage. You’re as vulnerable to pressure as a TtL! user, as vulnerable to spike as a HealSig user, and you get no extra damage from the skill. ArenaNet, stop making heals like this. They stink.

Yeah, these heals aren’t the best, but I can see their niche. You don’t need to build any healing power with these types of heals, only damage, and they can still potentially heal for more than your other options. So I guess they work for pure DPS builds as a high risk option that can heal a butt load if you perform well enough. Imagine this plus Flurry or Hundred Blades! It doesn’t give back as much adrenaline as To the Limit, but it’s some.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Pretty sexy stuff in those traits and skills. There’s good synergy, conceptual cohesion, and it looks like it would be fun to play.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Barret.4095

Barret.4095

berserker is looks kittenin dope, it’s gonna need a lot of buffs if it’s gonna be usable in pvp though (mainly cause we’re gonna have to give up either strength or defense for it). i also think they should of left the 33% attack speed cause 10% isn’t even noticeable.

“For those whose time and dedication went above and beyond, only to achieve mediocrity”

in Warrior

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

tbh, it seemed fun to me, honestly i wasnt expecting too much dmg increase (rly, does warr actually “needs” to do more dmg?) however now condition dmg build seems that will be much more viable now, sword/torch, LB condition build hehe

in Warrior

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Rage skills feel very “physical skills 2.0”, both thematically and functionally.
They have a focus on CC, including a frontal melee knock back, gap closer, and stun(knockdown).

They’re all cool skills, and I’m excited for them, but it leaves me thinking “why didn’t you put these ideas towards fixing our under used physical skills?”