When should I use Plant Standard?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sli Fi.7980

Sli Fi.7980

In PVE, I pick up a Banner of Discipline whenever I’m using it with a longbow, and then I use skill 2 and 5 to grant 8s of party fury and 20s of party 3-might. I’m not sure whether this is worth the direct loss of DPS from the time spent doing those. I never do it with other banners besides Discipline because their special skills aren’t really worth using.

Should I be using Plant Standard with other banners for the 3 might alone? How many party members need to be affected for it to be worth doing? I’ve never tried it in PvP; is it viable there? Will coordinated parties benefit more from it because of better stacking, or less because there is already constant 25 might?

in Warrior

Posted by: Traitine.8713

Traitine.8713

Are you asking if it’s worthwhile to drop your banner and fight, versus holding it and using the abilities? I’m confused by how you worded the question.

80 Warrior – Akallos Traitine
www.ConstantWarfare.com

in Warrior

Posted by: Sli Fi.7980

Sli Fi.7980

You can press weapon swap to instantly drop your banner without using Plant Standard. Also, skills 1, 3, and 4 are generally useless in combat. I’m asking if it’s worth the time spent picking up a banner and using the blast finisher 5 into a fire field for the 3 might, even though it takes 1-2 seconds.

(edited by Sli Fi.7980)

in Warrior

Posted by: Traitine.8713

Traitine.8713

Understood. A little situational, given what may be needed in that 1-2 seconds, but Might x3 for three players or more seems worthwhile in any situation.

80 Warrior – Akallos Traitine
www.ConstantWarfare.com

in Warrior

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

you should be dropping banners and blasting before fights anyway, but the might is worth it (though you might want to be careful if you’re in combat and were using longbow before that, because you will get that STUPID kittenING fast hands bug where you can’t swap for another 5s if you’re using it)

and I’m 90% sure that the banner 5 skill shares cd across all banners.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Just combustive shot, arcing shot into the field, and summon the banner into the field. Two blast finishers, and minimal cast time wasted so you can swap back to GS and mash #2 moar.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ceeps.3185

Ceeps.3185

Don’t bother. Takes too long to pick up the banner and then too long to activate it. The only time it may be worth using is for using the precision banner’s #2 for aoe fury for a bit of DPS boost.

Ceeps
Fort Aspenwood

in Warrior

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Use it in a water field, fire field, dark field, or etheral field.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I use the plant standard mid-battle sometimes, but it depends on the situation. It can be good to plop in water fields for group healing, for instance, or it can also be used in a smoke field for stealth.

The only real use I find for #4 in battle is if you want to reposition where the banner is sitting. I’m sure you could do some math as for using the #2 and plant standard to find out if it’s better to do those or just apply DEEPS, but in general I would say giving your party might and fury is not a bad thing.

Stabbing with the banner is reserved for trolling, mostly.