Where is dual wielding in this game?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sin.4130

Sin.4130

I have simple question to devs – where is dual wielding in this game after 2 years of warror nerfs?. Basically you must spend 30 points to gain 10% speed bonus , you got also 5% to dmg bonus but at same time GS has 10% for example.

Two handed weapon (which is twice cheaper to craft) has 2 slots, same as dual wielding.
GW2 has the weirdest „dual wield” I have ever seen, I really dont get what is idea of this crap

in Warrior

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

I have simple question to devs – where is dual wielding in this game after 2 years of warror nerfs? …

Really?
Warriors have been in a pretty darn good place for the last 2 years.
Yes, there were nerfs, but there were buffs as well.

Could you be more specific in what “crap” you are referring please?
There are traits that buff up dual wielding warriors that are not necessarily raw damage, so the example you give is not really the best.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Ok, I think you’re implying that dual-wielding doesn’t give a big enough dps advantage?

It’s true GS is a very strong dps, but dual wielding has a lot of nice options too. Sw/Sw is great condi damage. IIRC axe/mace is better standalone dps than GS atm. Axe offhand is a little weak.

I’m not sure I get what the problem is here.

in Warrior

Sin.4130

The problem is that nearly nobody use dual wield In GW2 because you have absolutely no advantage from using this. It is weaker , more expensive then any other weapons set

in Warrior

Posted by: PanH.1957

PanH.1957

The problem is that nearly nobody use dual wield In GW2 because you have absolutely no advantage from using this. It is weaker , more expensive then any other weapons set

If you mean from the point of “cost” as in PO, crafting materials, etc, they are not that important compared to the different skills you can have with dual wielding. Plus, it might be a little more (have not checked crafting), but it’s a very small difference. You have much more combination of weapons that 2 handed weapons. And dual wielding is as good as two weapons, just the skills change (so they can depend on the situation).
E.g. GS + Axe/Mace is very common in pve.

in Warrior

Sin.4130

If you mean from the point of “cost” as in PO, crafting materials, etc, they are not that important compared to the different skills you can have with dual wielding. Plus, it might be a little more (have not checked crafting), but it’s a very small difference. You have much more combination of weapons that 2 handed weapons. And dual wielding is as good as two weapons, just the skills change (so they can depend on the situation).
E.g. GS + Axe/Mace is very common in pve.

Check the legendary weapons crafting materials prices. 1 Gift of Exploration for 2 handed, 1 for 1 handed weapon – this is madness.

I play a lot in pvp, and I saw maybe few dual wielding warriors. Skills are different story,. GS has better DPS than any dual weapons set .Two handed hammer has better control in game than any dual weapons set. Play some pvp a tell me how many dual wielding warriors u saw.

(edited by Sin.4130)

in Warrior

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

You must be talking about WvW. There are fantastic dual wield specs in PVE and sPVP. Axe/mace is better dps than GS, but GS is valued in WvW because it combines mobility with dps very nicely. That’s just kind of the nature of GW2 though, there’s a lot of weapon diversity, which means meta builds get pretty specialized for what you’re trying to do. GW2 is not about playing the weaponset you want in every situation imo, it’s about picking weapons based on the situation. It’s kind of the price of having high weapon diversity that some weapons become situationally better.

You could still do Sw+sw/LB condi or hybrid spec and be very effective roaming though. I really love Sw+shield/Axe+Mace myself, but it’s not a meta spec, and it is more difficult to play.

in Warrior

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

In wvw roaming and duelling I often see warriors dual wielding.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in Warrior

Sin.4130

You must be talking about WvW. There are fantastic dual wield specs in PVE and sPVP. Axe/mace is better dps than GS, but GS is valued in WvW because it combines mobility with dps very nicely. That’s just kind of the nature of GW2 though, there’s a lot of weapon diversity, which means meta builds get pretty specialized for what you’re trying to do. GW2 is not about playing the weaponset you want in every situation imo, it’s about picking weapons based on the situation. It’s kind of the price of having high weapon diversity that some weapons become situationally better.

You could still do Sw+sw/LB condi or hybrid spec and be very effective roaming though. I really love Sw+shield/Axe+Mace myself, but it’s not a meta spec, and it is more difficult to play.

Axe/Mace has better DPS then GS- man u must be out of your mind. Dual wield is simple weak, that’s why nobody use it.

in Warrior

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Sin, you are exaggerating.
Lots of warriors dual wield. Many do so quite effectively.
So no, it’s not weak.

Is GS favoured by the player base (and Dev’s)? Sure is. No argument there, but it’s not to the extreme that you are arguing.

in Warrior

Sin.4130

Sin, you are exaggerating.
Lots of warriors dual wield. Many do so quite effectively.
So no, it’s not weak.

Is GS favoured by the player base (and Dev’s)? Sure is. No argument there, but it’s not to the extreme that you are arguing.

I saw few, at higher level I saw none. That is the truth, dual wield is a big part of warrior/barbarian fun, but in GW2 it simply does not exist. Lets just make it clear to new in game. Axe off hand skill has +50% dmg buff in spvp- this is so significant.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

The PVE meta DPS warrior spec has been Axe/Mace for ages. Last I played tpvp sword/sword was great, might be different now but dual wield is strong all over the place.

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

axe is better dps then gs.

in Warrior

Posted by: Theloseronian.2075

Theloseronian.2075

Last time I checked Axe/Mace is an essential part of the most common PvE zerker build.

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I have simple question to devs – where is dual wielding in this game after 2 years of warror nerfs? …

Really?
Warriors have been in a pretty darn good place for the last 2 years.
Yes, there were nerfs, but there were buffs as well.

Could you be more specific in what “crap” you are referring please?
There are traits that buff up dual wielding warriors that are not necessarily raw damage, so the example you give is not really the best.

False. Warriors only started to be “in a good place” in the last 10 months. And then it’s been nerf after nerf ever since.

The first year and a half the game was out warrior was bottom tier in anything but pve.

in Warrior

Posted by: PanH.1957

PanH.1957

Yes, legendary one handed weapons costs more, but that’s legendary (and I agree they could be made a kitteneaper). Otherwise, I don’t get how you can think that Axe/Mace (or other dual weapons) is weaker than GS. What makes you believe it has lower DPS ? 100b ? It has lower mobility, yes, but other stuff and slightly better dps.

in Warrior

Posted by: MangoMonkey.7582

MangoMonkey.7582

I think the advantage you get with ‘dual wielding’ is that you can get a more diverse skillset than when just using 1 two-handed weapon. They way Anet made the game wasn’t to make one weapon be used in every situation. But align skills to each weapon and combine them as needed for the situation. Where some combinations get you more dps and other get you more control or are more defensively align in combat.

That you don’t like this idea probably comes from you being used to other games where it’s programmed the way you explain. But I’m not allowed to imply things and guess your reasoning.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bombul.2506

Bombul.2506

I would take that more as a “two handed weapons for warriors are too powerful” situatio myself. I went duel wield a couple of months ago because GS and its uberness began to drain on my patience.

in Warrior

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I don’t think it works that simple in GW2. Dualwield doesn’t need some kind of inherent advantage, when the advantages is all in the skills you want to use.

However, GS is a rather stacked weapon, I won’t deny that.

in Warrior

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

You seem to jump around points a lot, cherry picking each set strengths for each game mode and making it seem like dual weilding is a worthless way to play.

WvW. Nearly all styles are viable, just depends on what you do.
PvP. Lots of FoTM players but there are plenty of viable non-hammer/gs play as well.

For both of those modes, DPS is not a factor, DPS refers to you hitting or capable of hitting your target without it doing anything to mitigate the damage.

For PvE. GS+Axe/Mace is and has been optimal for a long time, if you are talking about DPS.

Lastly, cost should not be a factor in what is optimal and what is not, just becasue something cost more shouldn’t mean it should be the best way to go, unless you are telling me you run sentinels set-up.

[DONE]

in Warrior

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I don’t even see the point of this debate with this patch of all things, now that GS sucks.

in Warrior

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I almost exlusively use dual wielding. Axe/axe for PvE/PvP/WvW. I love it!

While it may not be as “effective” as GS, I like it. A chance to build adrenaline quickly, get some fury, and that eviscerate. I run it with a bit more “tanky” armor set up (valk) and do alright with it. Although in dungeons, without an ele, I generally run a PS set up with GS.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Ishmael.6740

Ishmael.6740

I think Axe/Mace out-DPS most other weapon sets – It sustains 4-8 Stacks of vulnerability easily and the third axe attack hits like a truck.

If you really wanted to you could stack 25 vuln on a mob on your own and eviscarate, just for the sake of seeing the big numbers ^^

I like it much more than the GS, 100b is nice for Adrenaline building and the rush is good mobility, but I on’t use the throw very often and I hate that whirl thingie.

So:

Off Hand Mace has a Vulnerability application and a line knock down.

Off-Hand sword I’ve seen described as “the better shield” because of riposte.

Off Hand Axe has a fury application and a whirl finisher (which I personally don’t like that much and is a bit redundant since I use Main Hand Axe which has a whirl as well)

I think all of them can go well together with the main hand weapon of your choice and dual wield two weapons is at least in PvE perfectly viable.

in Warrior

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

pvp: axe/sword is considered meta and is very strong, sword/sword is also capable and shield offhand has it’s uses, i see no issues here

wvw: axe mainhand is very used for it’s “sniping” potential, sword has it’s place in zergs due to mobility and immobilize, i perosnally enjoy using axe/shild + sword/mace as a periphery build in zergs, no issues here either

pve: axe/mace has been meta for as far as i can remember, your point?

in Warrior

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

pvp: axe/sword is considered meta and is very strong, sword/sword is also capable and shield offhand has it’s uses, i see no issues here

wvw: axe mainhand is very used for it’s “sniping” potential, sword has it’s place in zergs due to mobility and immobilize, i perosnally enjoy using axe/shild + sword/mace as a periphery build in zergs, no issues here either

pve: axe/mace has been meta for as far as i can remember, your point?

^This
Idk what you ahve been drinking but sure is good

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant