Where's the love for OH Mace?

in Warrior

Posted by: kodesh.2851

kodesh.2851

Enjoying the recent changes to axe…

How about some love for off hand mace? The windup on mace 4 is huge for a melee range low damage skill. The shock-wave on tremor is so narrow it’s a miracle if it lands, plus that CD.. ugh.

Please update mace 4/5, I’d really enjoy having another power off hand for dual wielding.

Sizzap – Asura Mesmer, Dragonbrand

in Warrior

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

If I were to do it…

Mace #4 could remove Protection from struck foes. “Crushing Blow” crushing all defenses sort of thing. Maybe apply 2-3 more Vulnerability stacks/Weakness when Protection boon is removed.

Mace #5 knockdown duration could be extended for every Vulnerability stack on the target. The mechanic of both MH and OH maces is applying vulnerability, so Tremor could synergize with it.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Warrior

Posted by: WUROCKET.5182

WUROCKET.5182

How about some mobility?

Speed up #4/increase its damage and make #5 a leap of some sort. The shockwave is super lame imo and a nightmare to use

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I don’t think mace offhand needs to be defense specced.

-make the 5 skill do at last 3 second knockdown.
-make the 4 skilll…..do something useful. Protection specific strip as you said sounds great.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in Warrior

Posted by: Amaranthe.3578

Amaranthe.3578

mace OH and sword OH are shaite

in Warrior

Posted by: Opopanax.1803

Opopanax.1803

I would love for Tremor to leave a pulsing Ward line that cannot be crossed, or cause cpulsing crippling sort of like that Earth Elemental skill.

in Warrior

Posted by: Klaugh.7415

Klaugh.7415

Mace #4 could remove Protection from struck foes.

Or ANY boon. Warrior doesn’t have a boonstrip, so Mace #4 removing a boon or two would be a wonderful change!

in Warrior

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Mace #4 could remove Protection from struck foes.

Or ANY boon. Warrior doesn’t have a boonstrip, so Mace #4 removing a boon or two would be a wonderful change!

I think reserving boon removal as a whole for Spellbreaker and keeping core warrior without this ability is the way to go, because it increases the appeal of SB in specific situations.

However, target removal that’s thematic to the skill rather than any boon removal still keeps the Spellbreaker’s niche intact, buffs it in a way that conveys the skill’s name and idea and makes it’s functionality more unique. Even though it can’t remove anything, it will remove the one important boon which reduces damage.

My general idea when it comes to GW2 is that more targeted boon and condition removal instead of more general removal would be healthier for the game. It would vastly decrease the value of trash, cover boons/conditions while not nerfing Stability/Fear, for example.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

mace OH and sword OH are shaite

sword OH is great. second part of sword 4 needs removing/changing tho.

its a shield that does condi dmg instead of the increased defense values

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]