Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Warrior

2H Axe

Skills
1. Groove Cut / Log Chop / Log Split
2. Barbaric Rage ( 3 hit Frontal Cleave with this animation) "/ \ / " Animation. You can move while channeling. Does damage similar to landing all 3 #1 skills. But a burst.
3. Infernal Rush (Rush skill similar to Ranger Swoop but instead of the bird animation have a fire animation) Hits the target with 5 stacks of burning damage. Range 1200
4. Whirling Flames (Spins and shoots burning damage AOE Pull) Like Gurdian whirling Wrath. Range 600.
5. Headsman (leaps in the air and chops down at the targets head 2 second Daze) Like a combination of the GS Burst skill and Mace #3.
F1 Executioner (sends a wave of energy that looks like a flame blast at the target Does more damage if target is inflicted with burning damage.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Combination of axe, GS, and hammer skills. Awesomest weapon evar!!!!11

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

Posted by: Kratos.6293

Kratos.6293

Awesome !!!! I’ll be so kitten happy if this was released.

Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

Posted by: Fext.3614

Fext.3614

Add 5 sec stun and 50% fumble debuff to the #5.

Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Give me a moveset similar to how Darius in LoL works for GW2 and I’ll use 2h axe for the rest of my life.

Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

This is just an upgrade version of gs skills. I think that the Axe should be about pulls. Make the enemies come to you instead of going to them.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

why just give them another version of the GS?

Im thinking why just give them an axe why not a 2h axe that the axe head is connected to the polearm by a chain.

The whole skill set of this thing could be it doing more dmg to crippled/immobilized foes. It could finely feature a pull skill for warrior and it should be single target for balance sake. The f1 could do an aoe attack that does 25% more dmg to crippled/immobilized foes and 25% more dmg if their hp is under 50%.

Don’t just give warriors another boring GS variant. Give them a fun weapon to use.

Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

Posted by: bobomb.5209

bobomb.5209

Add 5 sec stun and 50% fumble debuff to the #5.

5 second stun? Maybe a one or 2 second daze but certainly not a 5 second stun. And yes I said daze, not stun. It’s not like you are conking the person on the head with a blunt object. And also adding weakness debuff doesn’t really fit the style of the weapon. If you REALLY want to add a condition with the weapon. Confusion would be more appropriate as it hits the head, but confusion also doesn’t make any sense as, well, its a big ax.

(edited by bobomb.5209)

Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

bobomb.5209

Im thinking why just give them an axe why not a 2h axe that the axe head is connected to the polearm by a chain.

The whole skill set of this thing could be it doing more dmg to crippled/immobilized foes. It could finely feature a pull skill for warrior and it should be single target for balance sake. The f1 could do an aoe attack that does 25% more dmg to crippled/immobilized foes and 25% more dmg if their hp is under 50%.

Don’t just give warriors another boring GS variant. Give them a fun weapon to use.

I agree that this weapon would be more interesting with different mechanics involved, and would be more about soft CC against the target. Here it comes, BUT the burst skill you came up with is too powerful. A possible 50% damage increase? I am sorry but that is too much. Maybe, if you wanted to go with your specifications, a 10% damage increase if both requirements are met, but I find that a bit much as well. It depends on how many targets this supposed burst skill would hit, and how much base damage it does as well as how it scales.

In my opinion a good burst skill would be what was featured with the costume brawl skill. An AoE pull (similar to guardians “Binding Blade” skill) That pulls more people and does more damage at different levels. Now keep in mind this skill would do relatively low damage with 0-1 bar of adrenaline and maybe pull 3 people at one. With progressing bars going up to 4, and 5 people. I don’t really feel like crunching numbers for damage output. That would depend on the weapons base damage anyways.

I like the ideas but remember we need this skill to be fair to all. There are enough people complaining about warrior now, we don’t need more.

Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Updated with your guys suggestions Yes the F1 is very strong it is intended to be strong since the weapon as a whole does not have a lot of DD skills like a rifle. Thats why I intended to use fire damage instead on a couple skills.

Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

bobomb.5209

Updated with your guys suggestions Yes the F1 is very strong it is intended to be strong since the weapon as a whole does not have a lot of DD skills like a rifle. Thats why I intended to use fire damage instead on a couple skills.

I was not referring to your statement. I was referring to the 50% increase of damage that was suggested by the person above me. I find your burst suggestion to be quite likable.

Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

It now does more damage if the target is inflicted with burning damage. Theoretically making it counter able by condi clear.

Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

bobomb.5209

Oh that is an even better suggestion. That would give it good synergy as a power build with the longbow. And anyways after my time playing Dark Souls I tend to associate axes and even BIGGER axes with pyromancers and flames.

Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

Posted by: Seerstrange.4723

Seerstrange.4723

I like the skill thoughts but their should be any fire unless its going with a combo field. I Think it would look better inflicting Vulnerability, Kind of a throw back to Deep Wound from GW1.

Anet give us new skills!

Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Oh that is an even better suggestion. That would give it good synergy as a power build with the longbow. And anyways after my time playing Dark Souls I tend to associate axes and even BIGGER axes with pyromancers and flames.

Ya generally axes are associated with chopping wood, which is associated with burning since you burn wood to make fire. Then Barbarians warriors in this case pick up the weapon to use it in combat. But Bleeding and Burning I guess are warriors condition damage so it seems to fit nicely. I think adding vulnerability to this weapon would make it too strong and we can already inflict vulnerability on crit. As far as it only shooting fire if in a combo field its designed as only a CC pull it doesn’t do any damage otherwise but it shoots projectiles like whiling wrath but those projectiles just happen to be fire.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

Mosharn.8357

I agree that this weapon would be more interesting with different mechanics involved, and would be more about soft CC against the target. Here it comes, BUT the burst skill you came up with is too powerful. A possible 50% damage increase? I am sorry but that is too much. Maybe, if you wanted to go with your specifications, a 10% damage increase if both requirements are met, but I find that a bit much as well. It depends on how many targets this supposed burst skill would hit, and how much base damage it does as well as how it scales.

In my opinion a good burst skill would be what was featured with the costume brawl skill. An AoE pull (similar to guardians “Binding Blade” skill) That pulls more people and does more damage at different levels. Now keep in mind this skill would do relatively low damage with 0-1 bar of adrenaline and maybe pull 3 people at one. With progressing bars going up to 4, and 5 people. I don’t really feel like crunching numbers for damage output. That would depend on the weapons base damage anyways.

I like the ideas but remember we need this skill to be fair to all. There are enough people complaining about warrior now, we don’t need more.

oh whoops that wasnt supposed to be tat op. I think the f1 should scale like evi/kill shot do but along with an added bonus of a small percent if target has cripple/immobilize.

Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

Mosharn.8357

The burning suggestions are cool and all but then im afraid they will tone down the base dmg of the weapon and ruin it(like 1h sword in release months)

Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Skills
2. Barbaric Rage ( 3 hit Frontal Cleave with this animation) "/ \ / " Animation. You can move while channeling. Does damage similar to landing all 3 #1 skills. But a burst.

This is what Hundred Blades (100b) should be like imo. Also, it should be stronger than 3* #1, if not, what would be the point of the skill then? Maybe with greatly increased damage against burning/vulnerable foes?

3. Infernal Rush (Rush skill similar to Ranger Swoop but instead of the bird animation have a fire animation) Hits the target with 5 stacks of burning damage. Range 1200

If you want a hybrid CC/mobility weapon with decent damage on top, a 1200 range charge-like skill is a little too much (Ranger’s Swoop is 1100), I’d put it at 900 range at best, depending on CD.

Otherwise, I can see (on paper) the sinergy of the skills already, good job!

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

Posted by: Tomasmxmf.9403

Tomasmxmf.9403

Would love a two handed axe. Mostly just cause flying around w/ a big kitten axe out in WvW sounds super rad haha.

SCUMMY WARRIOR/REV ON DRAGONBRAND
[FIRE]//@TOLIVEFREEORDIE//RAIDER KREWE

Wheres our 2h Axe?

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Ok, but it needs THIS animation for a skill:

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself