Which healing skill after HS nerf?

in Warrior

Posted by: hellsmachine.4085

hellsmachine.4085

Will you stick with Healing Signet after the nerf or use a different healing skill? Which healing skill do you like best and why?

in Warrior

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I’ll likely stay with Healing Signet for PvE.

It’ll be a “wait and see” on the new PvP meta after the other balances. If there’s a lot of poison about, Surge will be the go-to.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Probably HS why becasue HS was ANETs bandaid to warrior sustain. I played warrior since open beta and before HS got buffed the other heals were all we had and they were never enough. ANET slightly buffed the other heals in an attempt to make warriors viable this was before HS was buffed and that wasn’t enough back then and its not enough now.

So ANET chose to instead of give warriors the sustain the needed to make HS give them a high regen and then they buffed adrenal healing to go along with it.

Now they are nerfing our heals, our damage and our CC into the ground GG warrior back to square 1.

I disagree with the reasoning to chose surge over HS over poison. Since poison would make Surge heal for half as well. Secondly ANET said they are nerfing poisen in combination with the HS nerf. Lastly If I was that worried about poisen id choose mending over them all since it will cure poisen before the heal.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Won`t change a thing for me. Already running defiant stance in WvW when running with the guild. One of my roaming builds uses Signet and don’t think it will change. My other roaming build uses Surge.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Stance is absurd, my thief’s elite skill have 36s cooldown. They should reduce Mending to 15s and cure 1 condition per second during 5s after activation and improve heal.
Defiant Stance and Healing Surge to 20s.

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

Stance is absurd, my thief’s elite skill have 36s cooldown. They should reduce Mending to 15s and cure 1 condition per second during 5s after activation and improve heal.

Is there suppose to be a [sarcasm] tag in that post? Defiant Stance is already amazing in zerg fights reducing the CD to 20 seconds would make it ridiculously OP.

in Warrior

Posted by: wildfang.9670

wildfang.9670

personally I like to use mending for spvp

dungeons i’ll still lean toward sig or surge

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Signet will still be viable. I doubt it will counter the QQ though.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Instead of nerfing they should find a spot where one class feels like it’s good and then they should buff all other classes to be on par with that one class in that spot which feels good. Warrior to me feels good as it is, so they should get other classes on par with the Warrior.

in Warrior

hellsmachine.4085

I really do hope it is, BTW do you think Rune of the Dolyak will offset the 8% loss? If not, can you think of anyway we can offset the 8% loss?

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Haven’t changed out of Healing Surge in any of my builds. I don’t like to rely on healing signet as one long duration poison application at the wrong time will counter it pretty hard.

in Warrior

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

Rune of the dolyak regen is ridicolous and doesn’t scale with healing power.
We will see after the revision on runes and sigils, i have a spare set just in case

norn warrior

in Warrior

Flissy.4093

Instead of nerfing they should find a spot where one class feels like it’s good and then they should buff all other classes to be on par with that one class in that spot which feels good. Warrior to me feels good as it is, so they should get other classes on par with the Warrior.

That’s called a power creep, and is a horrible thing in MMOs. Nerfs are a necessity.

Light Up the Darkness

in Warrior

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Haven’t changed out of Healing Surge in any of my builds. I don’t like to rely on healing signet as one long duration poison application at the wrong time will counter it pretty kitten

e long duration poison application = gone via shake it off or soldier runes and a shout.
HS will remain quite the choice for many WvW warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

personally I like to use mending for spvp

dungeons i’ll still lean toward sig or surge

Poor old mending… It had a poor reputation in GW1 for being part of the default “noobish” Wammo build, and now it’s just a skill that constantly gets overshadowed and unused.

Oddly enough, I think it’s also part of the default warrior sPvP build… huh…

Well, at least some things never change.

in Warrior

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

You’re going to drop HS for an 8% reduction (30hps)? Please do, pick up surge.

in Warrior

Flissy.4093

The nerf will put signet a lot closer to surge in terms of HPS. It’s a little higher, granted, but it may turn out the small boost in HPS will not be worth the inability to survive the burst damage. Not to mention poison absolutely cripples sustained healing.

The HPS difference between surge and signet is too close to make signet a “clear” winner.

Light Up the Darkness

in Warrior

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

I really do hope it is, BTW do you think Rune of the Dolyak will offset the 8% loss? If not, can you think of anyway we can offset the 8% loss?

Being the tankiest class in game as well as traiting for adrenal health should help =) Stop crying, you will use it after the nerf and not even notice the difference.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Warrior

Flissy.4093

Being the tankiest class in game as well as traiting for adrenal health should help =) Stop crying, you will use it after the nerf and not even notice the difference.

Ignorance is bliss. Warriors require their sustained healing, high armor and high base HP because they lack the defensive options other classes have. No protection, no aegis, difficult vigor access (Warhorn/Stance use via trait, while other classes (Guardian, Mesmer, Elementalist) have perma-vigor), aswell as no stealth (and rightfully so).

Light Up the Darkness

in Warrior

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

The nerf will put signet a lot closer to surge in terms of HPS. It’s a little higher, granted, but it may turn out the small boost in HPS will not be worth the inability to survive the burst damage. Not to mention poison absolutely cripples sustained healing.

The HPS difference between surge and signet is too close to make signet a “clear” winner.

That’s a really poor way to compare heals. Sure they may heal the same in say, one minute for example. But signet does it constantly, essentially negating enemy damage, whereas healing surge you have no passive regen during it’s CD period making you vulnerable during that time to a heavy burst. You might not even be able to get off the second healing surge because you died while it was on CD. So even though they may heal the roughly the same over time, it’s a horrible way to compare heals.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Warrior

Flissy.4093

That’s a really poor way to compare heals. Sure they may heal the same in say, one minute for example. But signet does it constantly, essentially negating enemy damage, whereas healing surge you have no passive regen during it’s CD period making you vulnerable during that time to a heavy burst. You might not even be able to get off the second healing surge because you died while it was on CD. So even though they may heal the roughly the same over time, it’s a horrible way to compare heals.

It’s a perfect way to compare heals. I’ll be generous and offer 5 ticks of heal from signet during a burst offence. If you used surge and didn’t get it off and died, the ~2k health the signet would have healed will mean nothing, you’re still a walking loot bag at this point.

Sustained needs to be a good chunk more powerful than a burst heal, it’s how balance mechanics work.

Light Up the Darkness

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Is there suppose to be a [sarcasm] tag in that post? Defiant Stance is already amazing in zerg fights reducing the CD to 20 seconds would make it ridiculously OP.

please, which zerg fight you are talking about. defiant stance can be in the list of worst skills warrior ever have.

in Warrior

Flissy.4093

please, which zerg fight you are talking about. defiant stance can be in the list of worst skills warrior ever have.

Its essentially a full heal in ZvZ. Simply pop it and move into AOE.

How is that the worst skill ever?

Light Up the Darkness

in Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

It’s a high risk high reward skill. It can heal for 20k health if you time it right. it’s not an easy faceroll passive heal like the signet. It requires being aware of your surrounding and cooldowns but when used right it is a pretty amazing heal. With it I can push through the enemies front line, lay down some DPS making sure my stability stays up, activate defiant stance, DPS for a few more seconds while getting healed by the enemies hammer train and AoE then I dodge out with almost full health and reset with the rest of the guild.

If you are fighting groups of less than 15 however it really isn’t effective and kind of sucks but against large numbers it is borderline OP.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Keep in mind that the HPS with surge will only be remotely comparable to HS at full adrenaline. If you spend the whole time sitting on your adrenaline, you won’t benefit from cleansing ire or attacking with your bursts. But if you try to keep your condis off or go all out trying to kill them you won’t have the high healing when you might need it.

As such, it might not be a simple matter of just swapping healing skills. You might need to make other adjustments as well to maximize the potential of surge.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Keep in mind that the HPS with surge will only be remotely comparable to HS at full adrenaline. If you spend the whole time sitting on your adrenaline, you won’t benefit from cleansing ire or attacking with your bursts. But if you try to keep your condis off or go all out trying to kill them you won’t have the high healing when you might need it.

As such, it might not be a simple matter of just swapping healing skills. You might need to make other adjustments as well to maximize the potential of surge.

Yeah but some builds can easily get full adrenaline rather easily.

Look at Furious (even after it was “stealth nerfed”/never addressed), Cleansing Ire, Sig of Furry, weapon swap, etc.

I’ve been using Healing Sig with Runes of Dolyak since launch, and I doubt I’ll change. Personally I don’t think it was too warranted, 50% uptime of poison make it equal healing surge, (if I remember correctly), but it was very weak to burst damage, which most classes do anyways. When combined with invincible skills it allows for some stalling, full healing builds still have their shouts/banners, and people can still use their invincible skills, but now get a mostly full heal with surge.

The main benefit of healing sig was just against non-champ mobs, those that don’t use poison at least, not much else.

I’m only sad that healing sig’s active is just getting a boost. Look at all the other signets. Besides Sig of Might (before it was changed) they all do something different with their active effect. I was really hoping healing signet would get something else to make us want to use the active, not just an increased heal. If the passive is higher, you never use it (like now). If the active is higher you can just spam it. But if the active had some kind of strategic use then we could at least get passive healing and then activate it when we needed.

I was always hoping for maybe group regen or something similar to that effect, heck before the new stance heal even that effect would have worked. I can’t think of much else right now besides, protection would be too strong.

in Warrior

Posted by: berko.8605

berko.8605

Already using Defiant Stance. ArenaNet should change the “stance” part of the name though because stances do not have cast times as far as I know.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nuorus.8415

Nuorus.8415

Probably HS why becasue HS was ANETs bandaid to warrior sustain. I played warrior since open beta and before HS got buffed the other heals were all we had and they were never enough. ANET slightly buffed the other heals in an attempt to make warriors viable this was before HS was buffed and that wasn’t enough back then and its not enough now.

So ANET chose to instead of give warriors the sustain the needed to make HS give them a high regen and then they buffed adrenal healing to go along with it.

Now they are nerfing our heals, our damage and our CC into the ground GG warrior back to square 1.

I disagree with the reasoning to chose surge over HS over poison. Since poison would make Surge heal for half as well. Secondly ANET said they are nerfing poisen in combination with the HS nerf. Lastly If I was that worried about poisen id choose mending over them all since it will cure poisen before the heal.

they are not nerfing those to the ground. They are making them fair, which is near as balanced as it can be. HS might get weak, but it has been strong now for a while and they have to test it where is the good spot. Tiny nerfs aren’t nerfs to the ground and you should not do these extravagant claims.

Feel free to argue with me. You learn something every time and it develops your personality.

People seems using word “trolling” out of context way too often…

in Warrior

hellsmachine.4085

I’m not crying, I’m asking other warriors what they think will be the most effective healing skill post nerf. If you have nothing to contribute, please abstain from posting.

in Warrior

Posted by: BryBry.8409

BryBry.8409

Healing signet “nerf” HAHAHA

in Warrior

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Rune of the dolyak regen is ridicolous and doesn’t scale with healing power.
We will see after the revision on runes and sigils, i have a spare set just in case

lol. speaking of the dolyak runes, a little while ago I used to run with healing signet, dolyak runes, mango pie, and a few rejuvenation boosters that I luckily picked up from BL chests. I had some tasty regen that i also used with regen banners XD

in Warrior

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

After HS nerf, only one healing skill will be viable for warriors. Antitoxin Spray.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Warrior

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Healing Surge still viable anywhere.
bigger group events, especially for the 3 Wurm event, antitoxin heals for a decent amount also AoE. though it obviously works a bit better if you have at least 2 of the conditions. Generally, it’s not entirely viable, but better in groups and in specific situations…

in Warrior

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

PvE: depends on the encounter. A lot of extreme damage: Healing Surge or Defiant Stance. A lot of small damage ticks? Healing Signet.
PvP: I don’t think Healing Surge can make a comeback considering the tradeoff you have to make for using it (Good Heal + kitten d by conditions vs bad heal + clear of conditions).
Mending and Defiant stance are highly situational, although I see defiant stance beeing pretty good in WvW zergfights

RIP game 2012-2014

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Let say Healing signet got nerfed all the way to pre-buffed warriors.

Defiant stance would work well with Hambow. Hambow are only good in team fights and in team fights, warriors have a lot of chance to find a way to damage themselves.

All other builds will get deleted. Mending and healing surge are trash in spvp.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant